It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Thanks for your feedback - "Single Women International" is our response  (Read 11622 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Thanks for your feedback - "Single Women International" is our response
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2017, 06:14:44 PM »
There is a simple response: 

You are promoting a site that sells access to people that you cannot vouch for.   It is the sin of the amalgamator.   You cannot be so stupid as to not know how agencies in Ukraine get the people that they are bringing to the sites.  Or are you?

You have not differentiated your new site from the PPL origins of your company.  When you were asked where you were getting your women from, you evaded the questions.  No one here believes that you don't know where you are getting your women from.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 07:27:58 PM »
Please keep the ad hominem to a minimum thanks.

I was asked about how the site advertises to women and I cannot give a definitive answer, whatever your beliefs are. I'll see if the owner wants to comment on this himself.

While we wait though, are you suggesting that the ladies are fake? Or that employees are posing as ladies? Why would a subscription based site do this? How are we different to any other subscription based site?
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 09:44:03 PM »
I've had a response from the owner.

For the places we advertise, the office in Ukraine uses vk.com in addition to http://www.zamuzh-zarubezh.com.ua, a site that the office operates. They've also used Google Adwords in the past but these campaigns have typically not been very successful so they don't make a habit of it.

As for how the ladies were sourced, about 70% of the ladies in the database are registrations that came via the site or via zamuzh. The remaining 30% were supplied by agencies from UBA. These ladies have all been called and interviewed personally by the office staff, we have scans of their passports, etc. It was made clear to all these ladies that they likely wouldn't receive any support from the agency as they do not earn commission for communication. I understand they get a bonus if one of their ladies gets married however.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:56:19 PM by ajb »
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 02:27:58 AM »
I suggest that the fact that your company still has a ppl site shows any other arm can't be trusted. I am sure the agencies are paid for each letter by your company. Your business model works that way. I am sure the ladies get a cut from letters  plus from chats with the men. That is slimy. So that makes anything else you open new untrustworthy as well. I am pretty sure the agencies on your ppl site may not even ask the ladies to respond to communication from men. The translators do it themselves. What motive do the agencies have to ensure all this is fair to the men? None. IMO, your company is a scam and should be avoided. Have a nice day.

Offline msmob

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2019, 03:33:47 AM »
As AJB is watching ..some feedback

Single Women International is a site we created to address the concerns that many of you brought up in that topic. It has been in the works for around 8-9 months and launched a couple of weeks ago. I thought it fitting to post an update here considering it was this forum that largely encouraged this work to start happening.

Single Women International uses a monthly subscription model where users are free to share contact details and communicate off-site if they wish. How we've presented our subscription model we think is one of the most transparent and most easily understood in the industry. The new site retains many of the great features that Ukraine Brides Agency has (integrated audio/video chat, powerful advanced searches, actual IMBRA compliance), but cuts out the agency middleman for those that are happy with less hand-holding.

We still do believe that a genuine PPL website using carefully vetted reputable agencies can provide something to a particular niche, so for those that want a premium experience (personal 24/7 support, translations, etc.), Ukraine Brides Agency is still offering premium and personalised services. For everyone else, we proudly offer this new service.

We wanted to say a big thanks to those users that did respectfully engage with us, didn't write us off as just another scam and provided invaluable feedback. We'd hope for the same from this topic too :) We've used your feedback to create what we think is the best international dating site around. So please register, have a look around the site that you helped create and feel free to get back to us with some more feedback!

1/ PPL is a red flag to ANYONE who has been in this game

2/ Is that why the site you promote is NOT secure and comes with a warning?  https://singlewomen.international/

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 03:12:17 PM »
1/ PPL is a red flag to ANYONE who has been in this game

Yes, we understand that PPL has a (justified) terrible reputation. There are many dodgy agencies and ladies and it is difficult to develop systems to minimise the number of scams. This was a large reason the original site (UBA) was set up in the first place; it was determined that there was a gap in the market for a site that did its best to provide as close to a scam-free PPL service as you can get. Of course there is still more we can do in this regard but I think we're a leader here. Good luck finding a site that delivers the service and guarantees we offer at the price we do.

A side-point that isn't talked about all that often is the number of subscription site shills that are active in denigrating the PPL model. It is truly unbelievable the amount of effort and resources that is put in, and they're extremely good at it (unlike the few cringy attempts some of our wayward affiliates have posted on this forum - we had to create a policy around this). I understand this makes good business sense for them, and not all the criticism is unfounded, but I'd caution anyone that believes the subscription sites don't have just as dodgy business practices as many of the PPL sites. To be clear, I'm not saying that anyone here is a shill.

2/ Is that why the site you promote is NOT secure and comes with a warning?  https://singlewomen.international/

Nope, we re-branded and changed the domain name. The new site is http://www.datinginternational.com though it still hasn't really launched for realsies. I'd change the links in the OP but I don't seem to have the option to do so.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 03:20:20 PM by ajb »
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline msmob

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2019, 05:51:55 PM »
Yes, we understand that PPL has a (justified) terrible reputation. There are many dodgy agencies and ladies and it is difficult to develop systems to minimise the number of scams. This was a large reason the original site (UBA) was set up in the first place; it was determined that there was a gap in the market for a site that did its best to provide as close to a scam-free PPL service as you can get. Of course there is still more we can do in this regard but I think we're a leader here. Good luck finding a site that delivers the service and guarantees we offer at the price we do.

For someone asking for feedback - you certainly do not absorb it ... This business model PPL)  is doomed to failure - it isn't trusted - period

Only a mod can edit a post - as after 24 hours ( I think ?) it is 'fixed; ..

I'm just passionate, no skin in the game..... BTW ...

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2019, 08:55:27 PM »
This thread was about asking for feedback on a new, subscription based site (ie. not PPL). I only mentioned PPL because you brought it up.
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline msmob

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2019, 01:45:13 AM »
Actually, I did not bring it up..and hope when you are asking for feedback you might be more attentive..

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2019, 06:39:54 PM »
I meant in my most recent reply, in reference to your point that I was not absorbing feedback on a payment model that the site in question does not use.

Miscommunication aside, I honestly really do appreciate you spending the time to respond. I can certainly see how passionate you are about the issue - it's good to see!
Andrew
Lead Developer

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2019, 10:14:42 PM »
And why would anyone use your service when F dating  is a free site.  Unless you are setting up a slave auction you have no u s p. 

Offline ajb

• Commercial Member
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2019, 12:00:43 AM »
There are plenty of reasons people pay for services that they could get for free, dating sites included. Maybe they want a higher level of support? Perhaps they wish to avoid the spam that comes with free dating services. It could be they wish to avoid ads (and don't know about ad blockers) or believe that their data is safer if it's not used to monetise the service (facebook et. al.). Maybe they prefer having all their communication (messaging, text and video chat) all in the same place?

All that aside, currently the site is free anyway. So feel free to jump on an answer that question for yourself :)
Andrew
Lead Developer

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1896
Total: 1907

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM