It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: FSU women already in US?  (Read 14130 times)

Offline Ulysses

• On On
FSU women already in US?
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:44:28 AM »
       In browsing some of the web sites.....and EM comes to mind most readily...I see several women already living & working in the US, but I've not talked with any of them to find out their status.   Any imputs/warnings would be appreciated........Thanks.....Ulysses

Offline groovlstk

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: FSU women already in US?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 11:54:22 AM »
       In browsing some of the web sites.....and EM comes to mind most readily...I see several women already living & working in the US, but I've not talked with any of them to find out their status.   Any imputs/warnings would be appreciated........Thanks.....Ulysses

You'll find many, many more on Russian dating sites like missingheart.ru

I always felt better dating on my own soil, you bypass the whole Green Card and adjustment issues and if a date falls apart it's no big deal.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 01:14:15 PM »
On the other hand, you will not impress them by a blue passport and flashing some dollars  ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 01:17:44 PM »
On the other hand, you will not impress them by a blue passport and flashing some dollars  ;D

Therein lies the crux of why many guys try these sites and then run back to marriage agencies complaining about how RW living in the US are spoiled - if you're dating out of your league you'll get a dash of truth along with a side of reality.

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 01:59:07 PM »
..I see several women already living & working in the US,.....Any imputs/warnings

Be careful that they are not just trying to use you to change their Visa status.

They have discussed this topic on my wife's RW's forum, it does happen.

GOB

BTW.......I am not sure there is an RWD "name" yet for an AM who gets used for a change of Visa status involving a RW already living in the GoodOl' USA.....unlike the terms "mule" or "prospective mule" which we use to describe members like Muddy or Ambach. :evil:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:40:45 PM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 02:16:59 PM »
  FSU women already in the US?

By all means. I am a very strong proponent of dating RWs already living in the US if in fact you feel Russian women are whom you'd like as a life partner. All things considered, the pros clearly outweight the cons IMHO.

Usual warning is donned upon the usual suspects e.g. illegals and the sorts...

You may also use sites like this.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 07:39:52 PM »
As I understand it, a significant number of these RW already in the USA are of the Jewish religion.

Not that anything wrong with Jewish people, but just be sure you know the difference in outlook, point of view and culture between a RW of Orthodox faith and a RW of Jewish faith.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 08:08:34 PM »
My wife has introduced me to many of her RW friends.  A few came here via a K-1/K-3 and are now divorced.  I am finding it difficult to think of something nice to say. 

-   Most of these women divorced quickly from their American husband suggesting that they considered him merely a mule.  Why pursue a deceitful woman?   

-   Perhaps some RW came here in good faith yet divorced upon learning more about the man (he had money problems, he was a control freak, etc.).   Sounds like a woman not willing to fight for her marriage in difficult times. 

-   Keep in mind that some men elected to divorce their RW.   I have met two rather boring RW who arrived here via a K-1, one is stupid as well. 

IMO the best bet would be to pursue those who stayed married for a long time and divorced for compelling reasons after first attempting through counseling to reconcile their differences.

The group that has impressed are the RW who entered the US via a student visa.  These women are smart enough to have come to the USA and then graduated in a specialized field enabling them to stay via a work visa.  Almost all of these women are happily married.   Some have remarkable work experience (e. g., hedge funds, IT QA/QC).

Offline ambach123

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 12:46:20 PM »
Gator, I always wodered about  these women that discard their mules quickly, how do they support themselves, since they have almost no job skills?

Almost every RW that I have met, was very concerned that she would be financially supported once she gets here. I would say that this was her number one concern, as most know that they have no ability to make a living.

Offline Misha

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 06:43:07 PM »
Gator, I always wodered about  these women that discard their mules quickly, how do they support themselves, since they have almost no job skills?

No job skills? If they are working in their country they have job skills.

Almost every RW that I have met, was very concerned that she would be financially supported once she gets here. I would say that this was her number one concern, as most know that they have no ability to make a living.

You really want to believe don't you that RW will be absolutely dependent on the men they marry and unable to find any job don't you. How is it that immigrants from around the world somehow can to the United States and find jobs? Somehow, they are capable of working and making a living. Why would RW be an exception?

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 07:18:21 PM »

They dont have to support themselves. Most are owners of a vagina and that stuff never finishes in 2nd place. Even a not so attractive woman can pretty much get what she wants and needs. Call me what you will but it's the absolute way it tis. Not all will use this very high advantage,but it's always there just in case. Flame away

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »
Gator, I always wodered about  these women that discard their mules quickly, how do they support themselves, since they have almost no job skills?

I am sure that this will all become very clear in your future publication entitled:

"How To Become A Russian Woman's Mule" by Ambach123

I predict that it will be a NY Times "best seller"8)

GOB

I have even taken the liberty to enclose a picture for the front cover of your new book! :evil:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:26:36 AM by GoodOlBoy »

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 08:12:23 PM »
How is it that immigrants from around the world somehow can to the United States and find jobs? Somehow, they are capable of working and making a living. Why would RW be an exception?

Like my RW Misha. :)

She has been in the GoodOl' USA only 4 years and 2 month's and has a job (Senior Accountant) making 55K a year with benefits.

But then again, I realize in the "hoity-toity" social circles of the Ambach's, Trump's and Rockefeller's, this is a small (unlivable) sum of money.  :rolleyes2:

GOB
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:58:12 AM by GoodOlBoy »

Offline Shadow

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 01:15:33 AM »
My wife has introduced me to many of her RW friends.  A few came here via a K-1/K-3 and are now divorced.  I am finding it difficult to think of something nice to say. 

-   Most of these women divorced quickly from their American husband suggesting that they considered him merely a mule.  Why pursue a deceitful woman?   

-   Perhaps some RW came here in good faith yet divorced upon learning more about the man (he had money problems, he was a control freak, etc.).   Sounds like a woman not willing to fight for her marriage in difficult times. 

-   Keep in mind that some men elected to divorce their RW.   I have met two rather boring RW who arrived here via a K-1, one is stupid as well. 

IMO the best bet would be to pursue those who stayed married for a long time and divorced for compelling reasons after first attempting through counseling to reconcile their differences.

The group that has impressed are the RW who entered the US via a student visa.  These women are smart enough to have come to the USA and then graduated in a specialized field enabling them to stay via a work visa.  Almost all of these women are happily married.   Some have remarkable work experience (e. g., hedge funds, IT QA/QC).

If there is the negative abour RW divorced in the US, then why not be equally wary about divorced RW in the FSU ? They too might not have fought for their marriage, want to run away from trouble (with a foreigner) or could be rather boring.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline ambach123

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 05:02:42 AM »
Shadow, I totally agree with you.

GOB I have comtempt for you, you are an ignorant moron, you are what we call poor whte trash. Please stay off of my psosts, I found you depsiccable. But you must enjoy being despised, that is one of the characterstics of trash, you have nothing to contribute here except your vile, and stupid remarks. There is an ignore button, use it. And NEVER again comment on any of my posts, Did it get through to your skull?

I have made five trips to Eastern Europe in the last one year, I always avoided divorced women.

I go to Eastern Europe every two months, I have met countless women, not one of them was capable of making a decent living in USA on her own.

It is delusional to think that some woman from FSU would come here and get a job better than near minimum wages.  I have a maid, she has a college degree, she was born in USA, and she works for $8 per hour, and this is in Boston. Immigrants cannot even get that job in my town.

In almost all cases she does not know how to drive, even the cleaning jobs require the person to have a car and know how to drive.

There are all kind of immigrants in USA, they clean houses, work at Walmart, work in restaurants, almost all of them at or near minmum wages.  A RW with University degrees is not going to like cleaning houses. I don't think that is decent living wages.

So she discards the person who brought her here, but in most cases she would go back. She cannot survive in this country on her own, that is the reality.

In my trips I have met a fair number of women who went back after a year or two. The K-1 has less than 50% who actually get married and stay for one year.

It is sheer ignorance or naivette or stupidity or all of these to think that USA has some kind of living wages job for RW. Eventually she may be able to transfer her skills, but not from the get go. The bottom line, she cannot support herself in this country on her own.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 05:20:06 AM by ambach123 »

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 05:54:20 AM »
GOB I have comtempt for you, you are an ignorant moron, you are what we call poor whte trash. Please stay off of my psosts, I found you depsiccable. But you must enjoy being despised, that is one of the characterstics of trash, you have nothing to contribute here except your vile, and stupid remarks. There is an ignore button, use it.

Jeez Ambach.....I guess those nighttime GED classes aren't working out to good for you?  :evil:

GOB

PS....You might want to check out an ESOL program! :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:05:20 AM by GoodOlBoy »

Offline Misha

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 06:22:38 AM »
GOB I have comtempt for you, you are an ignorant moron, you are what we call poor whte trash. Please stay off of my psosts, I found you depsiccable. But you must enjoy being despised, that is one of the characterstics of trash, you have nothing to contribute here except your vile, and stupid remarks. There is an ignore button, use it. And NEVER again comment on any of my posts, Did it get through to your skull?

I sometimes wonder Ambach, what you will do if you ever get married and your wife should happen to disagree with you  :rolleyes2:

There are all kind of immigrants in USA, they clean houses, work at Walmart, work in restaurants, almost all of them at or near minmum wages.  A RW with University degrees is not going to like cleaning houses. I don't think that is decent living wages.

Have you ever considered the possibility that for some women they would prefer working at Walmart than living with a jerk  :evil:

So she discards the person who brought her here, but in most cases she would go back. She cannot survive in this country on her own, that is the reality.

You are assuming of course that she will be "on her own" for long. If she is young and attractive, she won't have any problems finding someone to help her. Also, millions of Americans are somehow capable of "surviving" working for minimum wage. You are somewhat naive if you believe that a RW would be less capable of surviving in the United States.

It is sheer ignorance or naivette or stupidity or all of these to think that USA has some kind of living wages job for RW. Eventually she may be able to transfer her skills, but not from the get go. The bottom line, she cannot support herself in this country on her own.

How do you define a living wages job? I define a living wages job as one that pays for rent and food. Millions of Americans somehow struggle by on minimum wage.

Also, you assume that a RW will be on her own, yet I am certain that you are driven to find a young, attractive woman. In other words, you are looking for the type of woman who will precisely have those attributes that will make it quite easy for her to find someone who will gladly ensure that she will not be "on her own"  :evil:

Offline Daveman

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 06:43:29 AM »

Okay guys, time for a cease the BS check., normally I would send a PM, but I think it is better at this to address this openly..

Ambach and GOB (or anyone else with wadding panties),
Eliminate the personal commentary, name calling (ToS violations), and discuss the content of the posts.  It really is that simple..

Ambach (or anyone), if you post in the open forum, anyone can and is welcome to respond. So, accept this and get used to it.

GOB, if you wanna follow Ambach around from thread to thread, then again, discuss the content of the post and not your personal opinions and/or assumptions about the poster.  The former being much more beneficial for other readers, the latter being the impetus for spiraling cesspoolesque free fall into the forum abyss.  

Now, the rest of that post is a pretty good observation. So feel free, based on the content of that post, to debate that post.

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Todd

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 07:31:13 AM »
Hi All.

I don't post much anymore, but I thought that I would respond to this thread.  (My wife mentioned it as she reads this site more.)

My experience is a bit different than your conclusion.  After getting married, my wife had to tie up the loose ends on her PhD in the FSU.  Her PhD is in Philosophy...so zero marketable value in the US.
She didn't start looking for a job until Nov 06.  She temped for 3 months until a temp position came up at MIT.  It was a 3 month temp job with a possibility to hire.  She was hired in April 07 as an admin.   The position is roughly $40 K per year with great health benefits and tuition reimbursement.  She studied for the GRE and started a Masters in Academic Administration at a leading school here in Boston.  She has since been promoted to her first professional position, which pays between $50 to 100 K.  Her two closest friends in Boston, both from the FSU, are on similar paths.

I would like to take some credit for this success, but, in reality, it was mostly all up to her.  In the past 4 years, I've spent roughly half my time overseas.  (Two weeks in the Middle East and two weeks here in Boston.)  Why are these women successful?  I think it has to do first and foremost with their command of the English language.  My wife's GRE score on the verbal portion was 85th percentile, which means that her command of the language is in the 85th percentile of college graduates in the US.  I know that my wife's friends had similar scores.  Also, all three are willing to invest in their futures by going for more education that is pragmatically focused on obtaining professional employment.  Finally, all three are very effective at networking with not only other FSU women but also American women.  In fact, half my wife's friends here are US born. 

I read this post to my wife, and she also mentioned two other keys to success.  First, she feels that no one really cares where she is from... only that she can do her job.  Second, over the past few years, she has gone from an FSU woman living in the US to a Bostonian with an FSU heritage.  Our new baby has only hastened this process.   

I hope all is well with everyone.  Gotta to go as I'm still scrambling to figure out what to get her for our 4th Anniversary. 

Todd

Offline ambach123

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 07:34:37 AM »
What is a living wage?

The late senator Kennedy from my state had an answer $10.25 per hour up or down according to the area you live in. ( France and Germany already have this minimum wage). I believe the chances of this minimum wage has died with him.

With regard to a RW finding someone to help her, she can find other RW who live together 5 to a room in run down houses, like other immigrants. I am willing to admit that this is her only option, other than going back. Is that what she came here for?

I don't think it is very likely that RW would a find a young American man. I make my living selling to young men and young women, neither of them are interested in a partner who has limited or no earning capacity regardless of what they look like or where they are from.

In case you did not know, percentage wise more women work in USA then men, and at least half of them earn MORE than their spouses.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:35:04 AM by ambach123 »

Offline ambach123

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 07:45:10 AM »
Todd what you have described is certainly a possibility. It has happened with others too; many FSU doctors have been able to transfer their diplomas.

Kudos to you for helping her, and more importantly she is ambitious.

These are exceptions and not the rule.

Where and how did you meet your wife?

The women I meet, and most of us meet, are the standard variety, young, attractive, limited English capapability and stark realization by them that there is no job makret for them in USA. They don't even think of getting another education in USA. May be there is a generational difference.

With regard to having American women friends, there are many FSU women posters here who have described their experiences here, almost unanimously they have stated that they were never able to have an American friend, just a different mindset. I pass that information on without any comment. All of this is in archives.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:57:11 AM by ambach123 »

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 08:26:53 AM »
I read this post to my wife, and she also mentioned two other keys to success.  First, she feels that no one really cares where she is from... only that she can do her job.  Second, over the past few years, she has gone from an FSU woman living in the US to a Bostonian with an FSU heritage.

Todd-

This is akin to what I have been saying. She phrased that differently than I did, but the general thrust is the same. I agree with her completely on both accounts.

The relations is with the woman in your Russian, not the Russian in the woman. It transcends to society as a whole as well.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Todd

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2009, 08:45:45 AM »
I forgot to mention...My wife is still under 30 and is very beautiful.  Her two friends are her age
or a year or two younger.  Notice, I've been married long enough to say nothing on whether her
two friends are pretty or not.  Thus, I don't think it is age related but more attitude and
intelligence related.  If a woman is not successful in the FSU, she won't be successful here.
If a woman is successful in the FSU, then she is likely to be successful here if she is willing
to start over again and build from the ground up in her new home.  The man will need to have
some resources in order to support this process as it isn't something that will happen overnight.

Also, this process is much easier to pull off in a large city rather than a small town.  My wife
has received her driver's license, but she rarely drives, and we use zip car, subway, and taxi.

Todd

Offline SMS60

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 08:52:07 AM »
The relations is with the woman in your Russian, not the Russian in the woman. It transcends to society as a whole as well.

:-\

Can you translate this high society babble so a hick like me can understand it?

Is this the same as " you can take a women out of Russia but cant take the Russian out of the women"

:rolleyes2:
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 08:59:06 AM »
FWIW, based on the OP's original intent, the vast majority of RW living in the US (and any other Western country), single or married, did NOT arrive here on K1s (or equivalents). Some of you guys should take off the MOB glasses once in awhile, the view is refreshing.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541483
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3235
Most Online Ever: 12701