It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Invitation letter  (Read 6980 times)

Offline 525i

Invitation letter
« on: June 07, 2005, 10:03:28 AM »
Hi!

I am back from my busy business trip in California. It took three weeks instead of two. Should I write a trip report and send photos to another group? :-)

Background on the subject: I wrote to Tatyana in January. We met in Ukraine in April. Meeting was nine days. Now we are planning our second meeting. This time in Finland.

I have eight weeks of vacation ahead. In Finland we have five weeks vacation during one year (one in the wintertime and four during summertime). I have three extra weeks because I have worked more than I should have worked. The trip to USA added many days to my saldo. I'll keep four weeks in June-July and the rest later.

Tanya has problems getting vacation from her job. We hope she can get two weeks in July.

I have found information on visa application to Schengen countries. I know that I have to write an invitation letter. I also know that I have to say that I will pay her living costs in here. She will live in my house during the time she'll be in here.

Does any of you Europeans have a good sample what kind of invitation letter is required? What you should say? Or, do you know a good link to a sample document?

I read from one webpage that I have to include a copy of my passport with the invitation letter. I can see the point. If I were the person who process the visa application, it would help me to trust them.

Thanks!

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Invitation letter
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 10:10:15 AM »

Your first good source would be the Finnish(sp?)Consulate website in Ukraine.

Don't know if this is an official site:

http://www.finland.org.ua/visa/?lang=en

Some procedures can vary from country to country even in Schengenlandia

If you can't find anything helpful there PM me and I'll send you the Italian version of our invitation for 'Ma' and 'Pa' along with a loose translation.  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 10:19:00 AM by BC »

Offline 525i

Invitation letter
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 10:17:29 AM »
Thanks BC, but I have already read (almost) all from the above site.

It does not say much about the contents of the invitation letter. I wish to find a sample (or a template) to use as a base. I would just fill the necessary details.

Offline jb

• Trips: > 10
Invitation letter
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 10:30:13 AM »
535i

Why do you have to write a letter of invitation?  Just have your lady go to any of the larger travel agents in her home twon and ask them to get the visa for her.  They will sell her the R/T tickets and do the vias all at the same time.  When my wife and I did a trip to Finland the cost for the visa and the processing fee was about $80.00 USD and the travel agent did the whole thing.  All she did was sign the application and they handled everything.

Good luck.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Invitation letter
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 10:32:01 AM »
Guess we crossed posts/edits 525..

Basically you give your particulars (residence, date of birth, national ID number etc) and those of the person you wish to invite, the period of stay, motivation for visa (tourism),state that you have arrnaged adequate lodging, ascertain that you will abide by all visa requirements as host, will cover any necessary health related costs (some countries require insurance) and will ensure that your visitors will exit the country on or before the expiration of the visa.

You should attach a copy of your national identification or passport and copies of airline bookings and send to the visitor to submit with their visa application.

The visitor may have to prove adequate financial means for the stay.  Usually a standard amount ~500 EUR plus a per day amount.

Offline Bruno

Invitation letter
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 12:52:53 PM »
[user=266]525i[/user] wrote:
Thanks BC, but I have already read (almost) all from the above site.

It does not say much about the contents of the invitation letter. I wish to find a sample (or a template) to use as a base. I would just fill the necessary details.

For the formal invitation, you can find a sample from Belgium at http://www.dofi.fgov.be/RG/nederlands/reglementaire%20teksten/Bijlagen/bijlage_03bis.pdf ... it is the dutch document but the field are in 3 language... French, Deutch, English

You need to visit your city administration for have these document... it is free... you fill it at home... you collect a prove of income ( income fiche from the 3 last month, of last tax paper )... you go again to the city all and present the documents... they sign it and join a tax stamp ( some euro )... in the same time, you ask a certificopy from you identity card of a attest of nationality... you send the all to your girlfriend, she fill the visa form receive at the ambassy... and wait her visa...

Now, the big difference between a invitation visa of a tourist visa is about money... for a invitation, you need to prove that you earn enough money : 1000 euro + 200 euro by personne invited / month... if she ask a tourist visa, she need to prove that she have enough money : 38 euro/day if she stay by you of 50 euro/day if she stay at hotel... so, for 2 week, she need to prove that she have 700 euro... not easy for several woman... and if you not trust fully the lady, and don't wish send her a lot of money, the personal visa is the best solution...

I hope it help... other, take a look for all the procedure for a schenghen visa at http://www.diplomatie.be/en/travel/visaShortdetail.asp?TEXTID=1180 ... it is for Belgium but it will not be very different in Finland...

Offline 525i

Invitation letter
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 10:55:15 PM »
Hello, and thank you for your answers.

This morning I sent an e-mail to the Embassy of Finland in Ukraine. In reply they said that I need to write a free form letter which says who I am inviting and
approximate time of the year when I'm expecting her to visit. I include my
contact details. I also say that I will pay her living costs in here.

No need to attach copy of my passport because I'm a Finn. And, no need to have airline tickets at the time of application.

They will not give her a multiple entry visa. We have not met as often as it is required. She would get double entry visa.

Offline Bruno

Invitation letter
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 02:53:23 AM »

a other link for you at http://formin.finland.fi/doc/eng/services/entry/reqvisa.html

" [font="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva"]Entry to Finland [/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva"]Although a visa may be granted, the conditions of entry to Finland are re-evaluated on arriving in the country. If you require a visa you may also be expected to show, in addition to your visa, a valid travel document, insurance document for the duration of your stay and other documents related to your visa application. You must prove that you have sufficient funds (EUR 40 per day) for your stay and for your return journey or further travel. If you have a valid return ticket the amount of funds you are required to have with you will be less. You must not be under prohibition from entry to the country. [/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva"]Other obstacles to entry would be if you were to constitute a threat to public order and security, public health, or Finland's relations with other countries. You can be refused entry if there is good reason to suspect that you intend to earn money dishonestly or to sell sexual services. These are the same conditions that apply concerning the approval or denial of a visa. "[/font]

So, take care that she have enough funds for her arrival other she can be blocked at the border... only the formal invitation remove these problem of cash because you are responsible...

Offline 525i

Invitation letter
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 09:21:42 PM »
Thanks Bruno,

Very thoughtful of you. I forgot to read this page again. I have read this page months ago. I sent a Russian version of this to Tatyana and the link also.

Yesterday I wrote an invitation, e-mailed it to the person at the Embassy and she said it was OK. I tried to fax it to there, but somehow it failed and I gave up. So, I sent the invitation to Tatyana by snail mail, which was the original plan anyway.

I hope she can get a vacation from her work at the end of July. She thinks she could get two weeks, but I told her to ask three weeks. As I said to her "If you want something, you ask and sometimes you get it."

Offline 525i

Invitation letter
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 06:57:08 AM »
A little feedback what have happened.

I sent my invitation letter to Tatyana by snail mail. It took six days. A week later (Thursday) she decided to go to Kiev (she lives in Kherson) to apply a visa. She called her boss and said she is not coming to work on the next day (Friday). She took a night train as usual and was in Kiev around midday.

She found out that the Embassy did not work on June 24th (Friday). She was told they work as all in Ukraine. It was not the case. Unpleasant surprise! We in Finland have a Midsummer holiday now. We didn't work on Friday. Does this mean that the Embassy do not work on Ukrainian and Finnish holidays?

So, it was useless trip for her.

And, it was not all. At train station she could not find tickets to south! She told them that she has to go to work on Saturday. She finally got a ticket to the train at 23:05 after waiting five hours!

She went to tork immediately after arriving to Kherson. After long day at work she is free now. No need to go to work on Monday and Tuesday.

Now it is more difficult for her to ask one day free from work again so soon. I hope she can have it on Thursday or Friday (the days she mentioned).

She works long days five days in a week. Her main job is the problem because it's normal working hours job (basically). Her another job is not a problem, because she can work when ever and how much she wishes.

It is amazing for me how much she works and does not complain much.

Getting a visa is different in Finland in Ukraine. I just made a photo of me (25 m from my office), went to the travel agency (100 m from my office), filled an application and paid it. I have a medical/travel insurance and a passport. A week later I went to travel agency again to pick my passport.

It's more demanding for her. She needed an invitation from me (it's the easiest way, I think). She had to have two photos and a passport (she had this). She needed medical/travel insurance (near Embassy is a place where she could get it). She needed to go to Kiev personally. It's good to notice she has enough money for the costs of insurance, travels and visa.

She has to go to Kiev again!

It is amazing for me what women are willing to do to meet a man. She had an option between I visit her and she visit me. You know her decision. I hope we will find enough time for my second visit in Ukraine. My double entry visa expires too soo, I'm afraid.

Offline 525i

Invitation letter
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 03:34:27 AM »
Continues...

Tanya went to Kiev again on the following Friday (July 1st) and appied for a visa. Today she got the visa! Of course she need to go to Kiev again to get it.

The next thing to do is ask for a vacation from her job. I am interested will she get three weeks or only two weeks.

Depending on the flight she decides to use, she probably will be in here on next Monday (July 25th).

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
Invitation letter
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 04:01:47 AM »
Embassies of all flavours usually take all national holidays and the national holidays of their home country. Sorry you were given bad information.

Offline 525i

Invitation letter
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 07:40:15 PM »
I booked a flight for Tanya from Kiev to Helsinki. Arrival is on Monday July 25th at 11:15. Departure on Monday August 8th at 12:15.

Now, it's interesting what her boss says when she tells that she'll have a vacation of two weeks plus one day. The boss haven't been at the office for few days, so she did not have chance to ask.

I have to extent my vacation by one day.

BTW, she did not have to go to Kiev to get her passport. She organised it in another way. Someone at Kiev got her passport and delivered it to one train. Today Tanya will go to that train to get it.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1871
Total: 1882

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM