It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Vindictive Latino CO in Moscow  (Read 12688 times)

Vindictive Latino CO in Moscow
« on: August 08, 2005, 12:04:45 PM »
Hi Guy's I posted this over on VJ and the message that follows was posted by another fellow. Let's show this guy who he's messing with!

Ok Guys I'm on board. Although I am nervous that he may get wind of this and get even worse, I agree we cannot stand by idly and pray we get the luck of the draw and get any other Consulate Officer other than the man in question.

I do not know why he has seen fit to override the USCIS approval decision on so many K1 Fiancée' visa's, but it is just not right. We are already approved!!! We have already been FBI and NVC background checked and the ladies must bring Police Reports in. We and they are not criminals. The way I understand it is his job is more or less a confirmation that we have represented ourselves accurately not to decide if we are "a good match" or "a good couple" in his/their perception. As I understood it the job they are supposed to be doing is geared more towards investigating and approving or disapproving the other visa applicants like the tourist visa folks. Not the US citizen sponsored visas like the Fiancée' or Student Visa. I mean of course he should be aware of all things and keep an eye out for the visa fraud perpetrators or the wanna be Osama's trying to get into our country, but please Mr. CO, stop denying those of us here who are legitimately in love with our Fiancée's. We are sincere, we are for real! This is not a trial run! We want to marry or betrothed and live our lives as productive American families!

I mean my whole life is planned around my girl! Everything depends on this visa. I sure hope our representatives will be able to take the time to look into this for us. After all they have sure been putting a lot of effort recently into stopping illegal immigration (Senator Kyle of AZ especially) which I'm all for. Now maybe it is time to show that they are not pro-isolationism and that they do believe in legal immigration. What better forum to do this than by giving at least a little help to those of us whom follow the law and help those that we love to immigrate legally.

PS Guys, With all the thousands of Muscovites that apply for and get denied tourist visa's do you think somehow we could get this story into the Moscow newspapers or broadcasts? I bet that would help to exert some pressure on this vindictive character and his AG. Besides I would not want to live in Moscow after this story broke! Maybe he will choose to go work somewhere else…??? Just a thought?

Who I will be contacting today:

Senator Jon Kyl
Senator John McCain
And Representative Jeff Flake all of Arizona

It's time to find out if they truly care as much as they claim!

Doug

"David wrote this"

I am still considered a newbie here. I have found this to be a very helpful and informative forum, and I appreciate everyone who has posted here. You all pave the way for every red blooded American man who has made the decision to find true love outside our borders. It is unfortunate that we have to jump through all the hoops that we do in order to get our wonderful ladies here with us!

I have read with horror the postings by Turboguy. You, my friend, are living all of our worst nightmares. I wish you all the luck in the world in resolving this situation.

I have also read with horror the other postings regarding this Mexican CO. It is definitely time that something is done about this guy. I think everyone has started talking about contacting their Congressperson, and I agree that this is a great place to start. The more members of Congress that are aware, the better. If they start asking questions of the AG in Moscow, who apparently is aware of him, then maybe something good will happen.

Let me help everyone along....

Write Your Representative
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Find your Senator
http://www.senate.gov/

There are a lot of people who read this forum for advice. I would venture a guess that the vast majority of you have never registered as members. Maybe you don't want to join the Visa Journey family, but the least you can do is contact your Representative or Senator or ALL OF THE ABOVE! Help yourself, help us, help future generations!

I will be drafting a letter of concern later this week. I will be more than happy to share it on this board when I have it done. Then, with a little snip here, and a snip there, everyone else will have a letter ready to go.

My fiancee Elena and I are waiting on the US Embassy in Moscow to complete their administrative review and security clearance so that her interview can be scheduled. I would really love to have some peaceful nights of sleep between now and her interview. I don't know if that will happen if the PITA is still a CO by then. All the evidence in the world will do us no good if he refuses to look at it!

Take care everyone, and good luck!

David

by the way, PITA is pain in the ###!

Offline wxman

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 05:25:09 PM »
One thing that has not been brought up is that the this CO may have been sent to Moscow to be harsh. Perhaps the embassy has been lax in the past and allowed too many questionable RW into country, who only came for green card. Perhaps there have been AM who were scammed by such women and then complained to  USCIS and wanted their ex wives to be deported. Perhaps USCIS has been spending way too much money tracking down these RW.  Something tells me red flags were raised over here in the states, and the way to address the problem is to go right to the source. Yes these women have had security checks by FBI, have been approved USCIS. But that is all paper work. USCIS just deals with paperwork, and if everything is filled out correctly, with no major red flags, they approve and send on. FBI checks are lame, as most RW do not fit the terrorist mode, or are in organized crime, etc. So it is hard to really find anything major against these women, other than if they were denied visas before.  So it does rest of the shoulders of the CO as the last chance to catch anything unusual before visa is granted. So don't neccessarily blame this CO for being a SOB. He in fact may have been sent there to be a SOB. I'm not condoning what he does, but he may be doing it as ordered.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 06:29:18 PM »
Yes I thought of and posted similar thoughts on VJ so i do know where your coming from. Although it does not change a thing. If he was sent to do this then his boss is the jerk! Whatever it is time to get our due representation. Let's get our elected officials to take a look into this for us. One way or the other what is happening is just plain wrong and it needs to stop! If that does not work lets take up a collection and take out a full page ad in the the most popular paper in Moscow! Let's see how the Muscovites take to this. After all in comparison to the amount of K1's being denied the Tourist visa denials are an astronomical figure. I know I wouldn't want to walk home everyday from the Embassy knowing there was a few thousand folks in town who hated my guts! I'm not a vindictive person, nope, but I do believe in justice and messing with a man's future in such a sick way calls for a reckoning. It is simply the way of the world folks. You can't go about fucking everyones lives up and not expect some repercussions. What do they say about what goes around? After all this fool is messing with our women. Would you let some punk in a bar mess with your woman in even half as much of a disrespectful manner?

Over on VJ there is already at least 10-15 congressman getting letters and phone calls of today. I'm sure that if more and more folks call we can take this guy and have him posted in the Iraqi Embassy or maybe Greenland. So we could use your help folks if your so inclined.

Heads up my man. Time to pay the piper!

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 06:46:53 PM »
Reportedly the guy 'passed' only 2 out of 12.  Wonder what qualification these two couples had that the others did not?

Maybe they could communicate?

[edit]

I don't know If I would complain with a pending interview.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 07:08:00 PM by BC »

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 10:33:29 PM »
I had previously suggested that this guy may have a somewhat different role to the other staff. From what we have been told, he does not interview women at random, he deals only with selected applicants and he does not reject all cases. This suggests that when there are issues to be dealt with, issues that, again from what we have been told, were applicable in Turboguy's case, this guy gets the call. It is not dissimilar in the Russian embassy here in Tallinn. There are the normal 'frontline' staff, they deal with the normal cases, and they do so on the spot - even though they then sit on the files for a few days. For the cases they are not sure about, they refer the file immediately to another staff member, or rather than processing the file, they put it on a pile for later attention. There are signs that they are looking for, red flags, if you will. Send up enough red flags and one does not get to swim in the sea.

Communication ability, age difference, lack of knowledge, age of applicant - all red flags. See one, allow the application, see two or more and the application gets nixed, after a personal interview from the 'enforcer' who may well have additional knowledge or training than the normal staff.

Offline Turboguy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 01:50:49 AM »
I won't say that is impossible but I have spent a lot of time at VisaJourney during my process of trying to get the visa.   If I read other tales from other embassys that indicated they do that, I would belive it to be possible.   It is not happening elsewhere so what it seems to me is we have one jerk who likes to f&&K people over. 

If that was the case it would still be wrong.   He has no right to play God and use his arbitrary judgment to see what couples he thinks he will allow to have a happy life and whos hopes and dreams he is going to smash against the rocks.

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 02:03:04 AM »
But TG, he does. There are not fixed guidelines, except in a negative sense and the guy has the task of offering visas to those people who, in his judgement, are least likely to pose a risk through overstaying, acting fraudulently and otherwise abusing the privilege the US offers to some people of having a visa.

As you probably know, in terms of visa rejections and abuse, Russia and hence the Moscow embassy are right up near the top of the list. There mey well be similar people in Nigeria, India and Bangladesh, but we do not know of those.

If you take a step back from your own case, I am sure that you would agree that a couple where the woman was more than a generation younger than the man, where she did not know where she was going to live, where she was having difficulty communicating with the interviewer and hence with her future spouse and who did not even know the names of the guy's kids would be running up a fair few red flags!

Just becasue it happened to you does not diminish the red flag issues and what may have been an interview referred to this guy simply because of the age issue became much more serious when the holes in the girl's preparations became transparently clear. All sorts of questions as to motivation would be popping onto the guy's mind. Now you at least have the chance to convince him that he should change his mind. One might well argue that you were very lucky.

None of this helps you, but this guy was doing a job based upon criteria that you know very little about, apart from the obvious issues we discuss here.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 03:09:29 AM »
That being the case Andrewfin, re-read the case of Robert & Irina which was the day after Luda's interview.  He did an even worse job of playing god with them and they have a 6 year age difference.   Visa Journey is full of stories of this guy being a total jerk.   I am not going to say that the age difference was not a factor I am saying he is hired to interview people for visa's not to be a God Judge and Jury all rolled into one.

I have sent Luda things many times.   Truthfully if I was asked her address I could not give it.   I know the name of the street starts with a Z and I could probably get about 75% of the letters in it and could get the number of the apartment although I might reverse it.   I could get some of the postal code.    The only thing Luda ever mailed to me was in a pre-addressed DHL envelope.   It does not have anything to do with her knowing me.  

I am sure it is necessary to keep america a wonderful place free of unsavory characters.    At least for now, America is safe from Luda.    People can walk the streets without fear.    

Offline RacerX

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 03:49:54 AM »
Andrew,

I think you are, in some ways, confusing tourist visas with family sponsored ones.  A US citizen has the RIGHT to import (their word)  just about anyone into this country - she may be a horrible match (age/culture/morals) but that does not disqualify her according to applicable US law.  Unless the CO can prove "visa fraud," which is generally accepted to be cases where the girl (or more specifically, her family) has engaged in a visa scheme (usually with the tacit approval of her fiance), the consulate must abide by the USCIS decision for admissibility.

The CO will have to clearly document and describe the '"visa fraud," otherwise his decision will be eventually overturned.

Now, that having been said, I am told there is a tracking mechanism wherein the CO's get feedback about cases of visa overstays, so they have to cover their a$$.  On another board, one member posted stats that compared the visa rejection rate for Moscow which have doubled from 2003/2004 - but even then, they only increased to the "normal" rejection rate for the FSU of 13%.  From what I have heard, nearly all of the rejections were for: failed medicals/bad police reports/incomplete documentation.  

These days, the consulates have been told that their job function has changed from detecting visa fraud to one of security - all of which makes these recent problems unusual.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 03:51:00 AM by RacerX »

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 03:56:17 AM »
Nope, Racer, I think you are wrong. You have the right to marry anyone, you do not have the right to bring her to your country. You do have the right to petition your government for a visa. That right to petition does not infer any rights as to outcome. Your government does not subcontract its consular responsibilities to lovesick fiances!

The visa is granted or denied based upon the evidence that a relationship exists and is genuine, in the opinion of the consular officer based upon the evidence that he is presented with.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 04:15:33 AM »
Quote from: Turboguy
He has no right to play God and use his arbitrary judgment to see what couples he thinks he will allow to have a happy life and whos hopes and dreams he is going to smash against the rocks.

Turbo, i have make some search about the interne procedure in the ambassy in case of refusal by CO... the CO cannot play God... in case of approval of Visa, he have the full power but in case of refusal, he need review the refusal with his direct superior...

Take a look at http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0941121PN.pdf at page 4 below ( 9fam 41.121 PN1.2-8 ) ... if you have the courage, read the full document... it is about the procedure in case of refusal of visa ... if the CO don't follow these very strict procedure, you will be able to use law for break the decision because of procedure error... great information and enough complex...

If you have a lot of time, you can consult all the "Foreign Affairs Manual & Foreign Affairs Handbooks" over visa at http://foia.state.gov/REGS/fams.asp?level=2&id=10&fam=0

Offline jb

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 04:18:34 AM »
Andrew wrote:
But TG, he does. There are not fixed guidelines, except in a negative sense and the guy has the task of offering visas to those people who, in his judgement, are least likely to pose a risk through overstaying, acting fraudulently and otherwise abusing the privilege the US offers to some people of having a visa.

Actually, he does not have a lot of authority.  According to the Embassy's own website, qualification for visa issuance is determined by the USBCIS.  While the U.S. Dept of State actually issues the visa, the Embassy itself has no hand in determining qualifications. The visa interview is supposed to be a place where the interviewer merely checks to insure all the necessary paperwork has been done properly and the person appearing before the Consular Officer is indeed the same person listed on the application.  Except for obvious cases of vias fraud, it should be pretty much a rubber stamp operation.

According to U. S. immigration law, I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e) may be filed with and approved by one of the BCIS (Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services) offices in the United States.[/b] The petition may not be filed or approved by overseas U. S. Embassies and Consulates. In order to file I-129F Petition the petitioner must be a U. S. citizen. I-129F must be filed with BCIS district office having BCIS jurisdiction over the petitioner's current or intended residence in the United States.<snip>

Once found qualified for visa issuance, alien fiance(e) and her child(ren) receive nonimmigrant visas in their international passports.[/b] K1 and K2 visas are valid for one entry into the U.S. at any time within the next six months. The beneficiary also receives a visa packet to present to the immigration officials at the U.S. border. After entry to the U.S., Alien Fiance(e) has 90 days to either marry the petitioner or come back to country of residence. In case Petitioner and Beneficiary get married, the Beneficiary may then contact BCIS to adjust status to that of legal permanent resident.

While I do agree that something is going on at State, it is not clear to me why the rules have suddenly changed for Russian women who are sponsored for the K-Class visas.  And, yes, it is also true that Russians have the worst record for visa abuse, however this does not apply to family based visas, the abuse is mainly in the areas of tourist, work, and student visas.  They come in, but rarely go home once they are here.  The reason visa abuse is not common for these cases is that the men realize they  accountable for the sponsored non-immigrant.  These guys, unless they are total idiots, make sure the women are actually placed on the plane and sent home if the K-1 engagement doesn't work out and then do the paperwork to make sure they are off the hook.

I suspect this CO is operating on instruction from somebody much higher up, the fact that he's of Latin-American  origins is purely beside the point.  

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 04:38:31 AM »
jb ~ I suspect this CO is operating on instruction from somebody much higher up, the fact that he's of Latin-American origins is purely beside the point.

That is the basis of my point. It seems from reports from others that he is wheeled out to do the dirty jobs. His negative decisions must be cleared with his supervisor afterwards. I have suggested that he is given the 'red flag' cases and that, yes, his boss knows what the likely outcome is going to be. This is not about paperwork, although I am sure there is always a paperwork justification.

Kinda like: ' Mike, can you take the 9:20 and the 10:40 this morning please. They look a bit off to me.' OK sir. Later on: 'Mike how did they go?', 'Oh OK sir, here is the report, the first girl did not know where she was going to live, so I nixed her and the second, well, even though she is much younger than the guy, it is obvious that they knew each other well, she was bubbling with enthusiasm for him!'

'Thanks Mike. It is good to have somebody I can rely on for the hard choices!'

Offline RacerX

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 04:42:20 AM »
Bruno,

Those docs are  the ones I was referring to, and they (and the field service manuals) clearly spell out the RIGHTS of US citizens - the visa petition is simply the mechanism we use to exercise those rights.  However, you should note that the USCIS and the DOS work mainly from internal memoranda and field decisions.  

I think jb would agree with me that unless you (the petitioner) attended the interview AND had access to the casefile, nearly everything we have heard about these cases is hearsay.  I could regale you with endless stories of US immigration "abuses," but in most (not all) cases it was due to some misunderstanding by the petitioner/sponsor.  When amateurs deal with professionals, confusion is often the outcome!

Andrew: where I think you are not up on current US immigration law and procedures, I find myself complety agreeing, and smiling, at the scenario you gave.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 04:45:00 AM by RacerX »

Offline jb

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 04:59:04 AM »
Racer wrote:
I think jb would agree with me that unless you (the petitioner) attended the interview AND had access to the casefile, nearly everything we have heard about these cases is hearsay.

Yes, I do agree.  Everything posted here is suspect.  In as much as petitioners are expressly prohibited from attending the interview we will never know for sure exactly what transpired at Luda's interview.  We can only guess.  She probably appeared extremely uncomfortable and nervous, she probably missed the first easy question and this caused the interviewer's ears to perk up and he probably started to dig deeper and wasn't pleased with what he found.

As you said, everything we read here is hearsay.

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 05:19:15 AM »
Excellent posts everyone, but is anyone willing to take the next step and write their congressman about this fellow. I did and many others did over at VJ. Interesting as I was typing this I just got an auto response from one of them. Cool lets see if they can help now.

As for the comment that it would not be a good idea to rock the boat with a pending interview, I did agree until last week. Actually I commented on this at VJ, but after reading about how this fellow refused to look at someone's evidence of a continuing relationship and then turns around and bases is visa denial on "lack of evidence" was the last straw for me. Besides if he denies me now he better have a damn good reason (because there really isn't one) as I have documented my concern over his shady dealing with 2 US Senators and my Congressman! Bring it on dikhed! My fuse is slow to light but now that it's lit it's on now! I will not run and hide whilst this man abuses his power. And like I said before if it is a directive from his boss we will get him too! This time chit will roll uphill! God have mercy on their souls, lol!

Lighten up guys I'm just doing everything in my power to bring my woman to my arms. If another man wish to step in the way well so be it. I hope he is ready to dance. Anyone care to tango? LOL!

BTW guys quit harping on the Latino crap! We are not prejudice. It is simply the only description we have of the fellow. Once we get his name we will glady refer to him by such! For all we know he could be Philipno or Indian. All we know is he has a dark(er) complexion and this is from ladies whom have probably met very few other ethnic groups in their secluded Russian home-towns.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 05:20:53 AM »
Personally Andrewfin, I think you have an overactive imagination.    I know very little about what the results of the other interviews were that day.   I know what happened with mine and I know what happened with one friend, Steve and Iveta.  Steve is from Reno.  He is a great guy and nothing I say is intended to be negative about him.

Iveta is the excact same age as Luda.   Steve is a good bit older.  Not quite as much spread but enough that if this were a red flag, he could have one too.  24 years to be exact.   Steve had met Iveta one time and had photos from that meeting.   I had met Luda many times and counting my last submission have photos of us together taken in January, March, April, May, July and August.   Luda had no records of phone calls from me at the interview.  Bad thing.   Iveta had no records of phone calls from Steve with her at the interview.  Not a problem.    Luda had no regular posted mail from me at the interview.  Bad thing.  Iveta had no regualr posted mail from Steve at the inteview, Not a problem.   I had records of 2650 e-mails and messages.  (about 170 of those have now been furnished to the embassy)  Ivata had a dozen with her.  I had copies of all tickets and boarding passes with Luda.  Iveta did not have those with her.    Luda was told she must do the interview in Russian Iveta was given the option.   Iveta got her visa, Luda got her blue slip.  Luda had the Jerk, Iveta had one of the ladies who were both very nice and friendly. 

I still say he was hired as a CO not as God.

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 05:44:05 AM »
For us guys yet to find our girls for sure, these posts definately send me southwest and out of Russia to Ukraine to seek my girl.  Why mess with Russia when Ukraine is so much easier in the K-1 process or DCF option offered there?
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline jb

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 06:27:45 AM »
doudis2

Thankfully I don't have to worry anymore about visas, my wife has now been here several years. She holds a permanent green card and will soon go through the citizenship process.

I did have occasion to visit with my Congress Representive  and Senators during the long wait for her visa and the results were not spectacular.  They basically gave me the usual lip service and dropped it.  The problem is that since the U.S. Dept of State answers not to Congress, but to the Secretary of State and to the President, individual congressmen and women don't have near the influence they'd like you to think they do.  I'm afraid complaining to a congressman about a State Department employee would be like me telling a fireman I don't like the way a policeman is doing his job.  He will listen politely, but there's not much he can do about it.  

If you have to go that route I hope you have a better man from your district than I do.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 06:52:20 AM »
[user=336]doudis2[/user] wrote:
I will not run and hide whilst this man abuses his power. And like I said before if it is a directive from his boss we will get him too!
For this, you will need to be strong... from the last info i have read, the CO cannot refuse a K1... same other people working at ambassy, cannot refuse it... it is the National Visa Center in Portsmuth who make the final decision...

9 FAM 41.81 N6.5 Marriage Bona Fides

If a consular officer finds that the fiance(e) or marital relationship is not bona fide but is a sham entered into solely for immigration benefits, post should return the K-1 or K-3 petition with a recommendation for revocation to the national visa center ( NVC ) under cover of a memorandum detailling the specific, objective facts giving rise to the posts conclusion.

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0941081N.pdf

Over interview, very interesting :

9 FAM 42.62 Notes

Consular officers shall make every effort to conduct visa interviews fairly and sympathetically. Any semblance of cross-examination, assumption of bad faith or entrapment must be avoided.

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09FAM/0942062N.PDF

On these page, they speak about the "consular anti-fraud handbook", specialy the chapter 5... since i have not find it on the site... i have make some search... i have find one place where he is for sell at 15$ ( 128 page )... i think that the book can be interesting for people who have a girlfriend who ready interview... know how work the "ennemy" allow the victory...

http://edenpress.com/showbook.asp?index=601@8@A

The Consular Anti-Fraud Handbook

This actual State Department report details the inside workings and procedures of consular officials and how they detect visa and passport fraud. A very useful guide for those seeking to enter and remain in the U.S.:

• Interviewing techniques for uncovering lies.
    [/*]
  • What documents are necessary to establish identity and citizenship.
  • [/b][/*]
  • Types of altered and counterfeit documents frequently submitted.
  • [/b][/*]
  • Physical security used to protect blank passports, visa stamps, etc.
  • [/b][/*]
  • Case histories of actual frauds.
  • [/b][/*]
  • Actual transcripts of a consular interview with a couple attempting marriage fraud to establish citizenship.
    [/*]
  • And, an illegal alien's discussion with a broker of fraudulent documents to obtain a U.S. passport.
  • [/b]
    If i find more over these hanbook, i publish it here later... knowing how work CO can allow us to better protect ourself...[/*]

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 07:17:13 AM »
Jb,

Yep I know. Nothing may come from my letters to my reps, but I have to try. BTW they are Kyl and McCain of AZ both of which are trying to push through an immigration reform bill right now. This bill is targeted at the illegals and I was hoping one of them would like to help us and show that they are not against immigration but rather ILLEGAL immigration. Who knows. Then there is my congressman Flake. I do not know much about him. But you would hope McCain would have some pull. Heck this guy may be president soon???

Offline Bruno

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2005, 07:22:37 AM »
Other place for buy the "consular anti-fraud handbook"

* http://www.gun-room.com/

type "consular anti-fraud" in the field below "search our store"... push "go"... 14.95$

* http://www.freebooter.com/underground-library-new-id-index.asp 15$

Very interesting find during my search on www.cis.org :

Instead, officers were trained to rely on clues about the applicant's intent that can be gleaned from a brief conversation. For example, officers look at language skills, personal appearance, general demeanor or nervousness, and uncertainly in answering questions, among other things, to help them decide if the applicant is credible.

Sorry, with control from more of 600 links, it is all i have find... :(

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 10:49:29 AM »
Well the ball is rolling in my neck of the woods. I just got this letter and at the top you can see my reply.

Thank you very much. There are many of us dedicated to this investigation. As we gather more information I will pass it along to you. The only other thing I have heard is that he is the only male CO in the Moscow office. I can not say this definitively, but if this is the case it should make things go a little easier. Plus if you need some names of ladies he has already denied the K1 Fiancée visa too I'm sure that can be arranged.

Thank You and Have a Great Day!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 1:33 PM
To:

Subject: Congressional Request

Thank you for your email regarding concerns you have for a Consular Officer in Moscow.  I have made a request with the limited details we have to the Department of State Congressional Team, they will determine if we have enough information for an investigation on this officer or if it is not enough to make a charge. I will notify you as soon as I hear anything.  Unfortunately, this limited of information will more than likely not be enough for them to open an inquiry for us, but if there is one pending, there may be a chance.  Thank you again for contacting the office.

Regards,

Kelly D. Hedman

Director of Constituent Services

Office of Congressman Jeff Flake

480/833-0092

« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 10:50:00 AM by doudis2 »

Offline Bruno

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2005, 11:30:44 AM »
I hope that it will not be your head who will be rolling...

If some investigation start but lead to nothing, he can maybe able to know your name... and when your lady will have her interview in Moscow, i fear a special treatment for her... Friend, you game with fire and beware of the return of flame...

Don't forget that until now, Doug have not receive a refusal... only ask more evidence over his relation with his lady... If the two people who have problem now receive the visa, you will be in a bad situation... take care

Offline RacerX

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 12:28:52 PM »
Bruno is quite correct on this: so far NONE of the applicants has been refused a visa, and most likely have not had their cases sent back to the NVC - until or if this happens you have little or nothing.  Launching an investigation is a big deal in Washington and a much better way to have handled this would be for Mr. Flake's office to call the consulate and express his concern.  In any event, they are going to want names before they kick any a$$.

Offline BC

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2005, 12:40:22 PM »
Starting a congressional on second hand info... and when you are not affected. hmm..

funny.. the VJ main sponsor seems to be an immigration lawyer win a 100% success rate for K1's.

Did you call him/her?

It's like calling a congressman to say that you might get a speeding ticket because there's a cop sitting on your corner.

Good luck.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 02:48:15 PM »
If this Latino CO is the only male doing the visa interviews in Moscow staff must have changed since August 2004 when my wife had her K-1 interview in Moscow.  Her CO was a tall thin white guy with dirty blond hair.   I am saying this because if there is only this one Latino CO in Moscow now and there was at least one white guy last August the turnover rate amongst consular officers may be fast enough that when your interview comes up this particular speedbump may be long removed.  Of course it always pays to prepare the best you can.  If Murphys law applies this Latino CO will stay and everyone else will rotate out within the next three months.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2005, 03:03:19 PM »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the concern, but I'm willing to follow this through and take the heat. It is not just that these ladies were denied that irks me, it is the fact that this man would put these couples through this unnecessarily. I do not want my girl to go through this so if I can do something about it prior to her date i will. Then if this guy does catch wind of me and punish her for it I think this would probably end his career after my inquires. What do you think? You think he would have the balls to mess with her after a congressional inquiry aimed squarely at his forehead? That will of course be his choice, but I kind of doubt it.

Oh by the way thanks for getting me all nervous and second guessing myself, I needed that guys.

No seriously I must follow my heart and do what i feel is right. I never could stand idly when i perceive an injustice. Who knows maybe this will change some lifes for the better. God knows the two ladies and their beau's sure would be a lot happier today if we would have started this a few months back.

Well anyway it is too late now so please either support our cause or don't, but don't knock us for trying to bring a little bit of justice to this world:)

Offline wxman

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2005, 03:30:50 PM »
Since I work for the Federal Government, and have had dealings with constituents who write their congressmen, the process with how your letter is tranferred goes like this. The congressional offices you wrote will forward that letter, along with another letter from them asking for an explanation. The letter will be sent to the head of the USCIS or the State Dept, (I can't remember which one oversees that part of the Embassy). From there it will be sent down the line to the immediate supervisor of the CO.  The CO is not allowed to see who wrote the letter, unless of course, some disciplinary action is taken against him, in which case he has a right to fight it and then will get all documentation. His immediate supervisor must respond to the congressional letters. There is no if or maybe to that. His supervisor will look over his CO's stats, and if he thinks the guy is rejecting way too many, will probably just tell him to cool it. If the supervisor actually can find (which I highly doubt) an intent on the CO to actually sabotage visa approvals, then action can be taken. Most likely, if that is the case, the first warning will be a written reprimand, if the guy has a clean record. If not, then he could get suspended without pay, reassigned, and in the worst case fired, which again is very rare. So his supervisor will get your letter, and the congressman and you will get the supervisor's response. It may take a month, but you will hear back from them, if you gave them your name and address. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 03:31:00 PM by wxman »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2005, 05:10:18 PM »
Wxman,

Thank you for the very informative post. As far as who will be contacted read up to my earlier post today which contains an email response I got from Congressman Flake's office. It said this " I have made a request with the limited details we have to the Department of State Congressional Team, they will determine if we have enough information for an investigation on this officer or if it is not enough to make a charge."

So to answer that question it is the DOS that will be contacted.

Now as for what happens to this fella. Really my goal is just to see that everyone gets a fair shake. If a rattling of his cage will do this great, but if he needs to be removed for unfair practices then so be it. Either way he must be brought to bear for his extremely questionable decisions of late.

I also wanted to address one other thing. I have been questioned for taking action prematurely. Well I do not think so. Do you suggest that I should wait for a denial then worry about it? Do you suggest that I should just keep quiet and pray that we get the luck of the draw with a different CO? Well I do not know how things work in Italy my friend, but in America we have the right to question such action that directly affect our lives, and we have the right to do this without fear of repercussion. Sure a man in his position could cause me some grief if I waited for him to have his way with my girl, but I chose to take the first step. I'm doing my very best to understand everyones thoughts and opinions here, but the way I was raised back home in Detroit you don't wait for someone to take the first punch because 9 times out of 10 the man who takes it usually ends up the winner! Not a boast, just an observation.

Wish me luck guys I'm fighting for all of us.

Offline wxman

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2005, 06:24:35 PM »
I think you did the right thing by writing your congressman. Remember, they and all of us federal employees work for you (the American people). It is a government of the people, by the people, not one of where you answer to the government. When one thinks they are above that, then it is up to all of us to stand up. I wish you smooth sailing though all of this.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2005, 07:55:38 PM »
[user=336]doudis2[/user] wrote:
Well I do not know how things work in Italy my friend, but in America we have the right to question such action that directly affect our lives, and we have the right to do this without fear of repercussion.

I don't know for Italia but it is certainly not very different from Belgium...

Here, we have not K1... woman can visit us on tourist visa or personal visa... if the woman have the requested document, no problem...

In case of marriage outside Europe, a immigration visa is needed... but again, only a list of document, no interview... since the husband is responsible of the wife, they don't care really about your relation...

Now, i remember that some year ago, belgium people was not happy from the work of gouverment... so, everybody in the street... and a new gouverment... yep, citizen have the real power here too :D

In short, we are the lucky guys in Europa, not so much problem and complex procedure like in America for bring a bride... i was surprised by shadow and his fiance... in holland, you are not obligate to be married for be together... same with a woman who is not from Europa... this is really freedom...

Offline wxman

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2005, 09:09:09 PM »
The problem in the US is not so much legal immigration as the US is 3rd in the world behind Great Britain and Germany  http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/imm_asy_see  but the problem we have with illegal immigration. Some estimate up to 15 million illegal immigrants in the United States.  http://lang.dailybulletin.com/socal/beyondborders/part_1/p1_america.asp

So instead of addressing that issue, the US government makes it harder for people to legally immigrate to the US. Makes no sense, but it's one way to slow the pace of people coming into the US, as it is beginning to overwhelm the system.

Offline BC

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2005, 12:45:52 AM »
Doudis,

Things are different, but actually better here.

If a visa is refused/denied a local judge can decide.  Also constitutional guarantees here includes rights of citizents AND legal residents to be together with their families. There are hurdles (being able to support your family) but they're not so high here.

I do know (from past experience) that congressional enquiries are a big PIA and a LOT of work for many organizations. Just because you have a senator or congressman working in your interest does not mean he alone can change laws, regulations and department policy.  Donate enough to a political campaign and maybe you can get congress to pass an exception for you as a rider to some bill.  

There's not a lot of hard evidence and first hand info here and the folks you are complaining about (above the CO) are exactly the folks that have to adjudicate your eventual appeal/review. If they really look they can almost always find something. I would have at least consulted with an experienced professional beforehand.

You dove in head first without checking how deep the water is. Even good and honorable intentions can break your neck.

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2005, 01:29:50 AM »
Actually I should not have brought your home into this as it did not come out the way I intended. I guess what I was trying to say is maybe in some other places you have to be very careful when dealing with the government as it can really come back to bite you in the rear sometimes. I don't know really, this may be true or not. All I know is what I have read about and learned in history.

My point was I do not have to FEAR this man nor what he could possibly do to me or my lady. If he willfully tries to cause us grief it will end worse for him then us. Really man, he's the one who needs to be careful, not me. He is the one that has taken it upon himself to play "little miss matchmaker," LOL.

No I apologize I love the European culture and all of her differences, please do not think otherwise. Why else would I be so thrilled about marrying my dear sweet Russian lady.

Now lets drop the I shoulda, I coulda, I woulda's please. It's over with, I did it I started a congressional inquiry and I'm darned happy about it. No amount of reasoning or persuasion can help or even convince me to want to try and stop it now. I want this guy to explain to us why he is doing what he is doing and I want him to stop. He works for us and he WILL treat us with our due respect or I will pursue his termination until the ends of the earth. Yes it has become personal.

I know your are just amazed or maybe bewildered by my resolve. Why is this guy doing this? His girl has not even been "attacked" (and yes it is an attack, an emotional assault)yet. True, but would you let the enemy of your loved ones even get near them if you had even the slightest chance of preventing it? I know you would not. No man of any significant character would. Well that is why. I love her, I love her with all my heart and I will always stand up for her whether she knows it or not (she has no clue about all of this, I do not want to worry her).

So in the end, yes I did open up a can of worms, I know this my friends. But what Mr. CO is about to find out is I also opened up a can of Whoop Ass as well and my pantry is still full! Bring it on sissy boy (CO) lets see you pick on someone your own size instead of our women, lol!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 01:33:00 AM by doudis2 »

Offline BC

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2005, 02:17:59 AM »
Doudis,

No apologies needed.. I understand.

The first wall I think you will 'hit' is that you personally have have no grievance.  In fact all the Consulate has to do is say they never had any contact with you or your fiancee so your grievance at this point is unfounded. The matter will likely be dropped immediately. Turbo and maybe others are directly affected so their cases will likely be heard and maybe acted upon.

There's a difference between writing your congressman to let him know your opinion on matters and initiating/requesting an enquiry.

Yes shoulda coulda is over, but still would be interesting to get an informed and professional opin.  I'm sure someone in professional circles has heard of this guy..

..and remember.. who knows.. maybe this CO is a member or guest on this board ;) If so he/she would likely have enough info from your posts to know exactly who you are, whether or not the origins of your enquiry are known. I'm sure he will love your nickname for him.

Maybe I am 'sissy boy CO'... who knows around here :)

I wonder if the consulate receives emails from time to time trying to sabotage or cast bad light on relationships..

Offline RacerX

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2005, 02:39:47 AM »
wxman:

your reference was for asylum seakers - they don't contribute much to the immigration numbers - the real numbers for the USA in 2005 will be over 1 million immigrants!

doudis2,

If you are really serious about this, you should do somthing that will directly help your fiancee - there are several immigration attnys who have "connections" at the Moscow consulate.  One I know quite well: John Roth (from NY) visits them regularly and can do things you or a congressman can't.  Like wxman, I worked for the US gov (in another branch, doing petition reviews) and I recall getting inquires from 'crazies' all the time - usually we ingnored them unless there was some solid facts supporting them.  
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 02:41:00 AM by RacerX »

Offline Bruce

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2005, 03:18:46 AM »
Doudis - I can not wait until you get to the AOS waiting game.  I hope you figure out a way to rattle the cage.  Some people get their AOS interview within 4 months.  Other people like myself have to wait 3 years.  It all depends on where you happen to live.   Does that sound like a fair system to you???
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2005, 03:32:28 AM »
As for the AOS fun to come. To tell you the truth I have been through all of this before with my ex-wife of 10 years. Anyway the AOS stuff did not give me any grief last time. I know it has caused stress to others, but once my girl is here there is NO WAY she will be going home unless she chooses it so they can take their sweet ass time for all I care. As long as they do not try to deny her AOS I will be fine.

As for EAD we plan to start a family right away and we have already decide that we will NOT be daycare parents so we do not have to worry about he working, I will support us. The only real concern I have about AOS is AP. I sure would like to get that out of the way right away as a precaution. I'd hate to do this all over again just because we did not get AP before she had to fly home for an emergency or something. But other than that I will be very relaxed once she steps through immigration here in the States.

For those having trouble with AOS I do not men to belittle your situation, I am just stating how I feel about it. Best of luck to all of you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 03:40:00 AM by doudis2 »

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2005, 03:34:00 AM »
Doudis good luck on this.  It really needs to be done and I have to have a lot of admiration for your congress people.   I voted for mine the last time but I am not too sure I will again.    The have underimpressed me so far. 

I will do all I can to help.  Right now my future is back in his hands.   That is not comforting at all.

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2005, 03:45:26 AM »
Thanks Ray,

I'm pulling for you. Hell your the reason i started this! I loath injustice. Besides I don't want to go to prison so it is best we take care of this fellow before my girl gets denied by him, lololol!:D (Joke everyone don't get your panties in a bunch!)

Heard anything for you reps yet? Or the embassy about your additional submissions? What about the other fellow in your position?

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2005, 05:33:07 AM »
Well when we were in Moscow after the interview our room overlooked the white house and the area where the embassy was.   We joked a lot.  I would say, what do you want to do now.   Do you want to go to Arabat street and walk around, do you want to go somewhere and have coffee or do you want to go bomb the embassy?

When we checked out I grabed my bags, walked to the door looked back to see if I had forgotten anything, waved to the room and said good bye room,  looked out the window and waved to the embassy with one finger in a famous position and said good bye embassy.

Here is an update on me.   Sunday night at 12:30  (8:30 am monday moscow time) I faxed 28 pages of proof and documentation to the embassy.  Monday morning I went to the office of my local congress woman Mellssa Hart, (who I voted for the last time)  I talked to Mark who is their visa and immigration specialist.   He said he would e-mail the embassy.  He listened to the tale of our jerk in moscow but without a name did not seem to want to take that too far. 

Late Tuesday as I was getting ready to leave for a two week business trip to Atlanta and Dallas, I had an e-mail from Mark.   He said that he had contacted the Moscow embassy and they had never received my packet.   He added that if he could be of further help do not hesitate to contact him   (Hummm, gonna vote for the other guy next time,  Might even kick a bunch of money into his coffers if you keep this up

This is two out of two on the Moscow embassy loosing stuff I got them.   Some of the stuff I left the afternoon following the interview was originals and gone for good.

I faxed another set of the documentation.   I e-mailed moscow and told them I had re-faxed the information and to let me know if they did not get it.  There was an e-mail from them that they had it and were giving it to the jerk who did the interview and to contact them in 5-6 working days for a decision.

I have not heard more about Robert and Irina. 

Thanks again for the help.  as soon as I get back from my trip I will push to help you more in the project.

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2005, 03:13:59 PM »
Robert & Irena

Wow, quite a week for them. Robert's father and uncle were on a moscow > Saint Petersburg river cruise which arrived at Piter this past weekend. Both were incredibly ill upon disembarking and Robert and I rena went by train to meet them and see what could be done to help. At some point early in the week, Robert got hit by a car (he's OK), and I had no contact info for him as they decided on a different hotel at the last moment than he had told me. I finally spoke with him today and his plans are now to return to moscow on Sat night by train. He did say that DHL has a package waiting for them when they return, but he has no idea if it is an approval or denial until they return. Stay tuned.....update sunday ;)
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2005, 04:14:56 PM »
Darn,  I thought they had a tough trip before all that happend.   I hope the DHL package is good news and I am sure if it is that will make up for a lot of what they have been through.  Please keep us posted.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1968
Total: 1979

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM