It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Rushin in Russia  (Read 28401 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Rushin in Russia
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 12:09:52 AM »
Day 2, the Make or Break Day

Have you ever been in a relationship that you have no idea how it will turn out?  Have you ever dated someone and wondered the next day if she had feelings for you?  Or even if you have feelings for her?   If you know that feeling, compound that by around ten times and you have the thoughts that went through my mind upon waiting for PB to show the next morning.  Or afternoon …. as the case may be.  PB is a late riser.  That will change soon as her son is progressing into early morning school next year.   I, on the other hand, am an early riser.  In my home in California I am most often up at 5:30.   So, yesterday I woke early, had breakfast and walked the streets of Chelyabinsk.  It was like the greeting of an old friend.  Places seen before, knowing where the Red Cup coffee houses are, remembering the Zoopark.

The second day of our time together we had minimal plans.  I had asked to go to the fair in the large city park not far from the hotel.  While I knew that the fair was, mostly, for little children, it would give us a chance to explore and walk and understand what yesterday meant.  If anything.

PB arrived closer to the expected hour this time.  She looked killer in a purple one piece with sandals.  Her hair was flying all over – almost gossamer – as the wind was in play today.  Her one piece was actually a short dress and every time the wind would blow, she would put her hand down to keep her dress from showing more than she wished.  I nicknamed her Marilyn Monroe.  She understood the reference.  And we both laughed.   

To be continued.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 04:34:25 AM »
My brother died from alcohol abuse.  He was my best friend.  I found him in his home.

Very sorry to hear that, jone.

I vowed, then, that alcohol would never be part of my life.

Good for you.  As JayH posted, many FSUW have had bad experiences with alcohol affecting their husbands/boyfriends/partners in the past.

Offline Gator

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 08:33:39 AM »

If you are having a good time, why concern yourself with counting the days and measuring progress?   Do you have backups? 

Having asked that, over my life I have been more attracted to women (American, Russian or whatever) who took their foot off the brake and hit the accelerator, taking the risk of letting down their hair.  It was as if they were feeling something good and went with their feelings.    Yes, some fizzled, but my many wives :D  (other than the short-lived Moscow woman) were open to adventure.   

PB seems rather classy, and she may be more analytical than intuitive.  Nothing wrong with that. 

I guess we ill find out in future postings, but what are your "make or break" guidelines? 

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 08:49:06 AM »

Have you ever been in a relationship that you have no idea how it will turn out?  Have you ever dated someone and wondered the next day if she had feelings for you?  Or even if you have feelings for her?   If you know that feeling, compound that by around ten times and you have the thoughts that went through my mind upon waiting for PB to show the next morning.  Or afternoon …. as the case may be.  PB is a late riser.  That will change soon as her son is progressing into early morning school next year.   I, on the other hand, am an early riser.  In my home in California I am most often up at 5:30.   So, yesterday I woke early, had breakfast and walked the streets of Chelyabinsk.  It was like the greeting of an old friend.  Places seen before, knowing where the Red Cup coffee houses are, remembering the Zoopark.

The second day of our time together we had minimal plans.  I had asked to go to the fair in the large city park not far from the hotel.  While I knew that the fair was, mostly, for little children, it would give us a chance to explore and walk and understand what yesterday meant.  If anything.

PB arrived closer to the expected hour this time.  She looked killer in a purple one piece with sandals.  Her hair was flying all over – almost gossamer – as the wind was in play today.  Her one piece was actually a short dress and every time the wind would blow, she would put her hand down to keep her dress from showing more than she wished.  I nicknamed her Marilyn Monroe.  She understood the reference.  And we both laughed.   

To be continued.

Jone, that was just plain a big tease!!!!!  Start with 'the make or break day' ....tell us very little, then give us the ole 'to be continued' chit!! ))))  Just hope you don't get the ...your a nice guy bit.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline jone

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 11:28:54 AM »
It's you're a nice guy, not your a nice guy.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 12:19:25 PM »
There comes a time in every relationship between a WM and an FSUW when the woman will decide if you are her man.  It is not something that you can control.  It is something that she controls.  Only she decides.  If you are her man, she is ‘ALL IN’.   Which means that she will give herself to you and expect you to do so in return.  WM do not understand this concept because so few of us have actually experienced it.  But the decision was looming in our relationship.  I could tell that PB knew what she felt about me but had yet to share whether I would be her guy.  We walked through the park and then past the Zoopark.  All the while my trepidation was building.  Finally we walked back to the hotel so that she could read the latest installment of the blog.

I did not give pause to the thought of asking PB up to my room.  My computer was there.  We just went.  And there she read the portion of the blog about my description of her when she got out of the taxi.  She has always had a sparkle in her eyes.  But upon reading that description, it turned into a gleam.  I don’t know who invented sidewalk chalk.  I have no idea what causes a jet engine to create thrust.  And the loss of rain forests in Brazil does not register in my brain.  But I do know one thing.  After reading that post, I was PB’s man. 

As I write this, it is 12:04 on Monday morning in Chelyabinsk.  Since that moment, two days ago, we have become inseparable.  She is looking over my shoulder as I write this.  Our only fear is what happens when I have to get back on that plane on Tuesday (tomorrow) and a great ocean will lie between us.    PB is the reason that many men travel to Eastern Europe to find their woman.  I can tell you that she is a loving, tender, beautiful woman who has no artifice in who she is or how she feels about me.  For me, she has swept me off my feet and my long weekend to Chelyabinsk has opened my eyes up to the possibility of love and the prospect of a long relationship with a very classy woman.

And PB, upon reading my conclusion, awarded me a wonderful deep kiss. (And many more that followed.)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2017, 01:23:19 PM »
Jon, I hope the best for you.

But as I understand it, she is reading a shorter version of what you post here, and such version does not contain some of the words which are less than flattering about some of her actions.

What will happen when she finds this actual discussion site and reads all of your unfiltered words?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2017, 01:49:13 PM »
There comes a time in every relationship between a WM and an FSUW when the woman will decide if you are her man.  It is not something that you can control.  It is something that she controls.  Only she decides.  If you are her man, she is ‘ALL IN’.   Which means that she will give herself to you and expect you to do so in return.  WM do not understand this concept because so few of us have actually experienced it. 

Nice report. I hope she is the one for you.

I disagree with the generalization that only FSUW controls and decides. I have experienced both. Two of the ladies I met and pursued on my first trip decided I am not the man for them. One other lady pursued me and I decided she is not the one for me. She is a successful Physician and very pretty. I didn't feel a connection. It goes both ways.

Offline jone

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »
Jon, I hope the best for you.

But as I understand it, she is reading a shorter version of what you post here, and such version does not contain some of the words which are less than flattering about some of her actions.

What will happen when she finds this actual discussion site and reads all of your unfiltered words?

Good question.  Or what about my whole history of posting?   She read this entire thread.  Had some straight forward comments, for instance, about BillyB's post whereby she said that it didn't matter what BillyB thought, only what we thought.

The comments about not coming to the airport - she said that when she arrives somewhere she needs time to recover and was only being polite to me so that I would have the same.

She also said that she had pretty much decided that i was her man before I had even arrived because I treated her correctly and that I came through on every thing that we had talked about and that I had promised.  She has had some real a-holes that she has met, including the father of her child.

I had not given out her age, I believe.  She is 35 (although she has the face and body of a 25 year old.)  She knows what she wants out of this world and throughout our relationship I have not been able to discern any reason to believe that her goals are other than that which she stated. 

Offline jone

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2017, 03:57:29 PM »
Nice report. I hope she is the one for you.

I disagree with the generalization that only FSUW controls and decides. I have experienced both. Two of the ladies I met and pursued on my first trip decided I am not the man for them. One other lady pursued me and I decided she is not the one for me. She is a successful Physician and very pretty. I didn't feel a connection. It goes both ways.

Oh, you have veto power over any positive decision.  No question about it.  But to truly be the FSUW's man, she makes a decision.  Obviously, if you don't live up to some standards, real or imagined that such a woman makes, she will dump you and there is nothing you can do about that either. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2017, 05:54:16 PM »
  Or what about my whole history of posting?   She read this entire thread.  Had some straight forward comments, for instance, about BillyB's post whereby she said that it didn't matter what BillyB thought, only what we thought.

Now that we know the ending to the story, what I posted doesn't matter but it still matters to others. I don't recommend guys out there to write a blog and let a woman they're meeting for the first time know they are writing a blog about her. There are more important things to focus on during the discovery phase of dating. Writing a blog and telling a woman about it can't help you but it can hurt you. There is a risk losing the woman. In real time here I wrote about my dating experiences with FSU women that led up to finding my wife. I did not disclose to the ladies I was writing about them and I was warned by posters if a lady read my stuff and found I was dating a lot of other women, I could lose her. I accepted the risk because I had a lot of options. Other men may not want to risk throwing all they built with a lady away on the issue of writing about her.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jone

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2017, 09:04:27 PM »
Billy,

My personal opinion is that it helped me tremendously.  And PB says the same thing.  Moreover, this forum was built on trip reports.  Whether blogs or otherwise.  I typically don't comment on your posts because they are so self absorbed and full of baloney.   But in this case I made an exception.  While there may be a risk in losing a woman, PB will be the first to say that one of the reasons that she had no qualms about moving forward is that she understood my motivations and the range of emotions that I went through.  Because you were so obtuse that you missed it, I purposely created the blog so that she had direct understanding of my thinking.  Increasing communication, especially with a major language barrier, only increases chances of a relationship's success.  There is down time in any endeavor like this and organizing your thoughts through writing, whether published or not, should benefit you.

But to each their own.  For instance, I don't show everyone pictures of my wife to show how important I am and then raise the issue of why she does not wear a  wedding ring.   And as an additional note, your post was the only one that PB singled out, wondering about who you were.

Offline ML

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »
  And as an additional note, your post was the only one that PB singled out, wondering about who you were.

Hey, why discriminate against me !!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2017, 09:58:22 PM »
Baloney was the time you called my marriage fake. Still hurting because you were wrong?

Some people thank me for sharing pics of my family. You want to spank me as if I'm doing an awful thing. I didn't bring up the issue why my wife doesn't wear a wedding ring in most of the photos you've seen. It was you and a few others that brought up the issue and spreading rumor the relationship doesn't exist.

This is the first time I see you recommending writing a blog to increase chances of relationship success. Many men have accomplished success without a blog. You could've done the same too.

You say that as if it was a bad thing. The lady has access to the forum. Can she speak her mind freely? This will be my last post in your trip report thread since I see you want to take it in the direction of a mud slinging contest. You can ruin your wonderful thing. I don't want the blame.

Your posts aren't controversial so nobody wonders who you are!

You better check your references.  I never called your marriage fake.  I actually stood up for you.  And I never criticized you for posting your wife's pictures with no wedding ring.  Others did.   But once again, you are taking someone else's happiness and making it all about you.

That I used a blog to assist in my pursuit of a woman and allowed her to read it assisted with the language barrier seems to befuddle you.  One of the reasons I chose this path, although I will admit that it was risky, is that I see this woman as someone who is both smart and classy.

Offline jone

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2017, 09:42:30 AM »
Others may think that we got lucky because I shared a blog with a woman.  But the reality is that it enhanced the relationship.    And for all of you nay sayers out there, in this relationship, the only one that counts is ours.  I am closing any posting to this trip report although a lot has happened since I last posted about what went on.   I chose to increase the communication and did not 'GET LUCKY' by doing so.  PB would be the first to say that it is what enabled her to share her feelings, knowing I had done so.  Was it a risk?  Yes.  Was it wrong?  No.

For you readers out there, now you know why so people publish trip reports.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2017, 09:59:47 AM »
Others may think that we got lucky because I shared a blog with a woman.  But the reality is that it enhanced the relationship.    And for all of you nay sayers out there, in this relationship, the only one that counts is ours.  I am closing any posting to this trip report although a lot has happened since I last posted about what went on.   I chose to increase the communication and did not 'GET LUCKY' by doing so.  PB would be the first to say that it is what enabled her to share her feelings, knowing I had done so.  Was it a risk?  Yes.  Was it wrong?  No.

aahhh jone, c'mon, we want to know more, know it all.. :)
Your trip report was finally something of value to read on this site, I am happy for you.

and your conclusion is dead on, that is why I dont write a trip-report, maybe I will some day in future depending on if I get the time, I do have a lot of notes from the past 2 years..
I can say that Tanya has read almost every post I made here, she was reading over my shoulder when I posted here a week ago and asked me what it was, I said read for yourself, so she did..and went through every post I made so far :p
I leave her comments about some people out of this, but we did have a good laugh about some..
but back to you.. more more more.. finally something of worth to read
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline JayH

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2017, 10:10:33 AM »
asked me what it was, I said read for yourself, so she did..and went through every post I made so far :p

ahhh  --what a surprise !!!  ( for those that don't do irony -- it is exactly what every fsuw I know would do !!) ;D

I leave her comments about some people out of this, but we did have a good laugh about some..

She would be considerate,sympathetic,tolerant and understanding !!!! ( again -- with irony )  !! ;D

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »
ahhh  --what a surprise !!!  ( for those that don't do irony -- it is exactly what every fsuw I know would do !!) ;D

She would be considerate,sympathetic,tolerant and understanding !!!! ( again -- with irony )  !! ;D

To be fair, she did ask if she could read what I had been writing here, asking if she should avoid something, she was really not snooping around without my permission, and as I told her, everything I written here is open to public, I don't hide anything..

and the irony - dead on!  ;D
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline JayH

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2017, 10:47:48 AM »
To be fair, she did ask if she could read what I had been writing here, asking if she should avoid something, she was really not snooping around without my permission, and as I told her, everything I written here is open to public, I don't hide anything..

and the irony - dead on!  ;D
Yeah --it is why life is easiest if you play it straight down the line.
I take the attitude that I will talk about anything I am asked honestly  -- but -- there is no need to go to 110% OF THE TRUTH !!! ;D
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2017, 10:48:41 AM »

Minus the distractions, I've enjoyed reading this so far jone and I'm glad you found success. Would really like to hear the rest. Please continue.

FWIW, my GF knows about this forum, denies reading it, don't believe her for a second.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2017, 01:02:32 PM »
The rest? That would be the plane journey home lol, seeing as this was just two days there I recall Jone as saying at the beginning. Idea of a blog to tell girl about yourself seems an interesting one Jone. Is it just present day stuff you have on there or a bit about your past life?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2017, 08:16:22 PM »

It's what every woman would do.  Don't restrict it to FSUW. ;D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:22:50 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2017, 08:19:25 PM »
@ Boethius  :clapping:

Offline jone

Rushin in Russia - Epilogue
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2017, 01:23:32 AM »
Back in California, and with a nap so I'm not so grouchy, leads me to believe I should share the end of the story:

I left off on Saturday night / Sunday morning.  We were in my hotel room and reading the account of the trip so far, gained me access to her thinking as well.  On Sunday, we watched movies - I found a Russian subtitle website and we were able to watch English language movies with a little assist from the subtitles.  We watched Prince of Persia and Les Miserables.  Both received the thumbs up from the peanut gallery.  We ordered off of room service and just spent the day enjoying being together.  Unfortunately, the worst part of doing a long weekend introductory trip is the flipping of night and day.  Chelyabinsk is exactly halfway around the world from Los Angeles, and the time difference is 12 hours.  I was wide awake every night at 3 AM and would wander the room.  The Sees Candy box was in plain sight and often too great a temptation for me.  Luckily I brought her an additional box to share with her family.

PB shared a lot of her history.  The biggest item is that her son's father lives in Miami and wants nothing to do with her.  While this is tragic, it removes a significant barrier of having a child migrate to the United States.   I wondered whether his move to America was to avoid responsibilities and what would happen if he were served deadbeat dad papers in Florida. 

It is also always interesting to me, with how many Russians died during WWII, how a particular strain, her family, survived.  In her case, her Grandfather was wounded at the start of the war, as a soldier, and was conscripted out before the huge bloodshed began.

Monday morning found us ready to escape our cocoon.  We decided I should see where she lived.  While PB owns her own flat, it is small and consists of a bedroom, a kitchen a bathroom and a hallway.  All wedged into approximately five hundred square feet.  The unit is on the 7th floor and overlooks a macaroni factory. 

PB's home is the lower set building on the left.

Macaroni Factory from the window of PB's home.

When we arrived at her place, she invited me to get in the square meter elevator.  I had previously been in such an elevator when the electricity went out.  I had to pry the doors open between floors and escape by climbing out.  I wasn't about to get in this one.  So, we walked up seven flights.  I might add that the view was spectacular, me following up that cute popka.  Just to show me what great shape she is in, she sprinted the last three floors.  I, on the other hand, did not.

I loved her small home.  But sharing it with a seven year old requires both patience and a stern hand.  Typically, the home was spotlessly clean and utilitarian.  PB made me breakfast of kasha.  I like kasha, especially with butter on it.  She offered me kefir but I declined.  Then she made herself some coffee, which she promptly burned.  Every time I catch her in the morning, now, I tease her, asking how the burnt coffee tastes. 

Okay, I sat down on this flimsy chair at the table and the chair broke.  It had nothing to do with my weight!  We went over to the local hardware store where I bought carpenter glue so I could repair it.  Back to her house.  I took the elevator up this time, but had her kiss me to distract my worries that we might get stuck.  We did not take a taxi, anywhere, this Monday, walking everywhere instead.  By the time we got back to the hotel, I had a blistering headache and was minus sleep hours.  I begged her forgiveness, took some Advil and went to sleep.  I woke up at midnight, she had held me the entire time, now being asleep herself.   After awhile, sleeping and not sleeping, she woke up and we cuddled until it was time for me to go to the airport.

This time she was with me in the taxi.  It was, appropriately, grey and raining.  The song kept running through my head; "Every time we say goodbye, I die a little." At the airport, she stayed with me until it was time to board.  Many kisses and much holding hands later, I was the last one to board the Aeroflot plane out of Chelyabinsk. 

This time, I made the right choice at the money exchange.  No incidents on the flights home.  Although I did run into a very rude gate agent when going through customs at JFK.  I said, just loud enough for those around me to hear, Welcome back to the US.  They all laughed.

I arrived at LAX.  My kids and dogs were there to pick me up and escort me home.  I toasted my tootsies in a hot bath and contemplated the woman I had just met.   While it is certainly too early for love, I knew that I was infatuated.  She was a beautiful, slim, Russian woman who is both kind and wise.  She would be a wonderful wife and, if we decided on more children, already is a great mother. 

Note:  I have shared a pic that I pulled off Instagram that, out of privacy, does not show PB's face.  But you can imagine the effect she has, both on me and the people around us.

Offline BC

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2017, 02:55:23 AM »
Nice!
Looks like you got a good thing going there jone!
If it works, keep doing it!
Cheers!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1948
Total: 1957

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM