It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 316198 times)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #2325 on: March 20, 2021, 06:40:23 PM »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2326 on: March 21, 2021, 04:32:44 PM »
Well latest news in the UK is that holidays to the Europe countries may be off this Spring/Summer due to the EU's incompetence in being able to get their citizens vaccinated. The UK can't risk a new wave of virus being brought into the UK. Unfortunately Ukraine too has been slow off the mark with their Vaccination rollout which appears to be down in part to Ukrainians not trusting any Vaccine that much. So cases are rising there and so to the death count until the penny drops I guess.

It's possible that cases across Europe & Ukraine could be down in about a month if they buck their ideas up. In that case travelling abroad could be back on. I'm remaining skeptical on that and it would be a real pain in the arse to miss out on another year. If they can't manage to reopen air travel this year then I'm not sure if they will ever be able to properly again. Just have to wait and see on this one I guess.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2327 on: March 21, 2021, 09:17:42 PM »

Vaccines have caused permanent illnesses and death. Billions in compensation has been paid out. Data below. The types of vaccines and amounts administered are in the data. There is an extremely low chance something bad will happen when taking a vaccine. The chance is so low it doesn't scare me and I would take flu vaccines every couple of years.

http://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/hrsa/vaccine-compensation/data/data-statistics-report.pdf

There is no federal approval of any COVID-19 vaccine. A few have been permitted for emergency use because they have not undergone the years of vigorous testing for safety as the ones in the data above. One woman called her life insurance company and they told her if she dies from a COVID vaccine, her family won't see benefits because she would be taking an experimental vaccine that wasn't approved for use on humans.

At the bottom of page 3, the FDA authorized emergency use of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine but also say it's not an FDA approved vaccine. You will see this in documents the FDA writes pertaining to any COVID vaccine.

http://www.fda.gov/media/146304/download
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2328 on: March 22, 2021, 06:34:33 AM »
Well latest news in the UK is that holidays to the Europe countries may be off this Spring/Summer due to the EU's incompetence in being able to get their citizens vaccinated.

Bummer.  We were considering a Euro holiday. 

How is Russia doing?  I hear mixed reports. 

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2329 on: March 22, 2021, 06:52:04 AM »
Well latest news in the UK is that holidays to the Europe countries may be off this Spring/Summer due to the EU's incompetence in being able to get their citizens vaccinated. The UK can't risk a new wave of virus being brought into the UK. Unfortunately Ukraine too has been slow off the mark with their Vaccination rollout which appears to be down in part to Ukrainians not trusting any Vaccine that much. So cases are rising there and so to the death count until the penny drops I guess.

It's possible that cases across Europe & Ukraine could be down in about a month if they buck their ideas up. In that case travelling abroad could be back on. I'm remaining skeptical on that and it would be a real pain in the arse to miss out on another year. If they can't manage to reopen air travel this year then I'm not sure if they will ever be able to properly again. Just have to wait and see on this one I guess.

Maybe this time next year or the following year we'll all be lauding the Ukrainians for being so smart..whilst the majority in the UK will have had junk injected into their bodies with the associate after-effects.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Gator

« Reply #2330 on: March 22, 2021, 01:22:29 PM »
The demand for vaccinations is declining in Florida while supply of vaccines is increasing.  I receive my second injection over a week ago and waited a mere 5 minutes.   Florida has now lowered the age eligibility to 50-yo (40-yo is some locales such as Orlando). 

My 55-yo Russian wife is now eligible.  I offered to make an appointment for her.  She said, "Not now." 

One of our good friends is a brilliant Armenian with a PhD in biochemistry, working in the medical field.  He advises her to become vaccinated. 

Unless at least two-thirds of the American population is vaccinated, the virus will continue to circulate among us, albeit at a lower endemic level, yet with time raising the  probability of a more lethal, mutated variant. 

I told my wife that if she waits too long, the mRNA vaccines may not be available.  That did not concern her.  In fact, she says maybe the other vaccines (adeno) are less dangerous.    She waits for more information.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2331 on: March 22, 2021, 03:05:24 PM »

Maybe this time next year or the following year we'll all be lauding the Ukrainians for being so smart..whilst the majority in the UK will have had junk injected into their bodies with the associate after-effects.

I see your point, one of the ways to not come of too bad with Covid seems to be really fit. I doubt many of those that do regular exercise, eat healthy, don't smoke or do much alcohol come of bad with it probably even less so for the avid gym goers. Talking about those that catch it and not about catching it if course as gyms can be places where it might easily be picked up. Age of course is apparently a big factor so the elderly might be better off taking it anyway. My mother walks to the shops & back most days of the week, guess about half mile round trip in all, has never smoked or drinked alcohol to excess and has had a healthy diet through her life, but being near her mid seventies I'm still don't know if that would be enough, she's had the Oxford vaccine, one dose so far so I think given her age that it was probably best in her case. Me, I get some exercise each week doing DIY stuff of all sorts, my diet is not too bad (not too much junk food) I've never smoked but have binged drank a fair bit of alcohol here & there, every few weeks or months I guess. That is something I am trying to cut down on and have recently decided to just buy & ask for cabs of JD or Bicardi, etc & coke in the future instead of whole bottles. If I buy or get a whole bottle of spirits I kind of get carried away. I always mix with coke which waters down the alcohol content somewhat but it's still too much I feel. If I go overboard the day after doesn't feel as great. So while more economical I think cans will serve my health better in future.

I think if I was young, twenties or so and had a bit of a gym bod I think I would be in a dilemma over weather to take the vaccine. Oxford vaccine is probably best bet but even there although it uses tried & tested technology with this virus there may not be any guarantees. I'm happy enough to have placed my bets there as if I'm susceptible enough to it I don't want it to wreak my health and leave me almost crippled.

Well as you no doubt know CB being a fellow Brit, while hospitalisations & deaths are thankfully going down infection rates have leveled off. My guess is that the new variants are taking over & we need to wait for the booster in the autumn for the Oxford jab to deal with these. I still prefer the Oxford jab even knowing that as once that Pzifer, Moderna (mRNA) etc lot is in you there's no getting it out if if doesn't work out. While only time will tell and any vaccine may be proven in time to have not done well I think the new technology stuff are the risky options until time tells us otherwise.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #2332 on: March 22, 2021, 06:29:39 PM »
Our state now offering Covid vaccine to those age 50 and above.
So I got spouse signed up for Friday morning.
Back in January she wasn't sure if she wanted or not.
But with the wild spread of Covid in Ukraine now, she for sure wanted to get before she tries to go there this summer.

One potential problem is that she is scheduled to take final written exam for PhD the Monday after she gets second Covid vaccine 3 weeks after first, then final oral exam for PhD a week later.
If she has a bad reaction to the second shot (as many do) she will be in deep do-do with respect to  the exams.

And she can't put the exams off any longer.

I hope she gets the Pfizer like I did, as it seems to cause fewer problems than the Moderna.

And I really hope she doesn't get the Johnson, as we would be worried about her going to Ukraine with its lower coverage rate.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2333 on: March 23, 2021, 02:14:17 AM »
Our state now offering Covid vaccine to those age 50 and above.
So I got spouse signed up for Friday morning.
Back in January she wasn't sure if she wanted or not.
But with the wild spread of Covid in Ukraine now, she for sure wanted to get before she tries to go there this summer.

One potential problem is that she is scheduled to take final written exam for PhD the Monday after she gets second Covid vaccine 3 weeks after first, then final oral exam for PhD a week later.
If she has a bad reaction to the second shot (as many do) she will be in deep do-do with respect to  the exams.

And she can't put the exams off any longer.

I hope she gets the Pfizer like I did, as it seems to cause fewer problems than the Moderna.

And I really hope she doesn't get the Johnson, as we would be worried about her going to Ukraine with its lower coverage rate.

I've read that the second dose of the Oxford Astra Zenaca vaccine should not likely cause any real reaction, far less than the first since the body has mostly enabled itself to deal with the input. My guess is that Johnson & Johnson would be similar being same/similar type of technology. My reaction to the jab lasted about an evening on the day after the jab where I preferred or needed to rest up in bed with a temperature for up to a couple of hours. I was a bit queasy feeling most of the day but still managed to do some work with some occasional heavy lifting for a fie moments where needed. All in all I would say I had a bit less reaction to the Oxford vaccine than I did the flu vaccine. Wasn't bad really, apparently at most people who suffer bad with it do so for just two - three days, anymore than that and it's see a GP as it's not normal to do so apparently.

Pfizer & Moderna I hear though can be a different story with a lot more downtime for some people. Don't know how that is for a second jab either whether there tends to be less reaction second time or whether there is another reaction period to go through. Might be worth googling around to see what info you can find on it.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2334 on: March 23, 2021, 02:36:42 AM »
Currently, "Foreign holidays are currently banned in the UK. Under the government's four-stage roadmap for easing pandemic restrictions, they could be allowed to resume from May 17 at the earliest, although it could be later than that."

Well I get my second jab early June so going by this statement from the government/news I would probably be best holding off any trip to Ukraine or anywhere else till after that second jab. That would in theory boost my immunity although with virus strains probably less so. Depending on how the situation all stands then it may or still may not be possible so will just have to wait & see.

Would be a real pain to not finally get out abroad if the situation there is too bad or the variants get too bad as last year being a write off was a real bummer. Possibly if not in the Spring then maybe Summertime or late Summertime.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2335 on: March 23, 2021, 04:11:06 AM »
£5.000 fine for UK  holidaymakers going abroad from next week.

Boris Johnson set the grounds for yet another lockdown yesterday by saying the rise in Covid-19 cases in Europe could happen here too.

Seems we're heading for an Orwellian society here in the UK.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 04:19:53 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Gator

« Reply #2336 on: March 23, 2021, 05:11:06 AM »

...If she has a bad reaction to the second shot (as many do) she will be in deep do-do with respect to  the exams......I hope she gets the Pfizer like I did, as it seems to cause fewer problems than the Moderna.

I commend your wife for deciding to be vaccinated. 

I received the Pfizer vaccine.  First jab left me fatigued for three days.  Zero side effects from second jab.  Now enjoying more time with my granddaughter. 

J&J is still very effective.  In fact, when Warp Speed begun a year ago, Fauci and the other government scientists considered 67% efficacy a successful target.   J&J surpassed that target, and more important hospitalizations are virtually 100% eliminated.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is similar to J&J has received some questions in Europe, and today there are new questions under review by the US regulators.   Yet, it too is more effective than nothing, far more. 

Offline ML

« Reply #2337 on: March 23, 2021, 07:14:05 AM »

J&J is still very effective.  In fact, when Warp Speed begun a year ago, Fauci and the other government scientists considered 67% efficacy a successful target.   J&J surpassed that target, and more important hospitalizations are virtually 100% eliminated.

I don't consider going into Ukraine with a 67% effective vaccine to be acceptable at all.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2338 on: March 23, 2021, 09:29:39 AM »
I don't consider going into Ukraine with a 67% effective vaccine to be acceptable at all.

Before COVID vaccines came out, Fauci said the most effective vaccine ever created had a 94% efficacy rate. Also, many experts say don't believe the current efficacy rates of COVID vaccines done by press release. We'll know more when the real world trial is over.

The Johnson and Johnson vaccines boosts up our immunity system making it more likely to recognize COVID when it shows up and crush it before it can cause illness. The best news about J & J is that even if it doesn't stop COVID, the immune system is better prepared to defeat it eventually. Nobody who has taken a J & J vaccine and later got COVID, has died. Survival rate is perfect so far although efficacy isn't the best.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2339 on: March 23, 2021, 09:55:24 AM »
...The Johnson and Johnson vaccines boosts up our immunity system making it more likely to recognize COVID when it shows up and crush it before it can cause illness. The best news about J & J is that even if it doesn't stop COVID, the immune system is better prepared to defeat it eventually. Nobody who has taken a J & J vaccine and later got COVID, has died. Survival rate is perfect so far although efficacy isn't the best.

Well, not exactly...

How vaccines work, explained:

J&J, AstraZeneca
mRNA Vaccines - Basis of Pfizer/Moderna

Be careful, regardless of your choices and decisions...while these vaccines have so far proven to be 'effective', it's coming to light that 60 days after getting your (second) injections, your penises shrinks to ridiculous a super, teeny-weeny size.

You've been warned!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2340 on: March 23, 2021, 10:08:07 AM »

GQ, I know the J & J vaccine uses a different Coronavirus than the one that cause COVID to get our immunity to recognize the real thing. Because the vaccine doesn't use the real thing, the efficacy rate been reduce.

AstraZeneca been caught lying

Fauci: AstraZeneca needs to 'straighten out' vaccine data (msn.com)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2341 on: March 23, 2021, 01:33:31 PM »
Meanwhile the EU has now decided it wants the Astra Zenaca vaccine 'again' now that it has relieved itself over fears of blood clots. The EU are now threatening to ban the export of vaccine produced within its bloc to the UK and elsewhere to try and salvage another disasterous cock up due to it failing to approve the vaccine in a timely manner and hashing up the contract side of things. Looking on other forums in the UK I notice that many previous Remoaners are now publicly stating that they now agree and glad the UK left the EU not only because of the antagonism the EU is stirring up over the blockade threat but also because them and their family & friends would have had to wait a lot longer to get the vaccine if we were still part of the EU. I wonder how Moby is feeling about this now ;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2342 on: March 23, 2021, 07:11:40 PM »

USA gave AstraZeneca billions. Lack of transparency has eroded confidence in their vaccine. America is probably going to give the vaccine we bought from them to poor nations.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/how-astrazeneca-s-errors-eroded-us-confidence-in-its-covid-shot/ar-BB1eSP9y?ocid=msedgntp

Offline Shadow

« Reply #2343 on: March 24, 2021, 12:49:07 AM »

USA gave AstraZeneca billions. Lack of transparency has eroded confidence in their vaccine. America is probably going to give the vaccine we bought from them to poor nations.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/how-astrazeneca-s-errors-eroded-us-confidence-in-its-covid-shot/ar-BB1eSP9y?ocid=msedgntp

What a great idea! If they do not find it safe for their own  people, give it to some poor people who can afford to die.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Gator

« Reply #2344 on: March 24, 2021, 07:54:50 AM »
From the NY Times no less:

The U.S. media is offering a different picture of Covid-19 from science journals or the international media

Yes, the US national news outlets reported far more negative  than positive news vs. reports by local/regional outlets and international outlets. 

Share of COVID news coverage that is negative:

March 2020 -  November 2020           January 2021

US National Sources                        90%                                             80%

US Regional/Local                            70%                                             50%

International Sources                       55%                                             40%

The US media campaign made the pandemic appear more threatening than reality. 

Why?  a) Negative news sells to Americans  or b) it was a campaign to villainize Trump before the election. 

The researchers concluded the US national media is responding to consumer demand.  Also, sources such as BBC depend more on government funding and thus report more independently of consumer demand. 

Another example that US primary news sources are unreliable. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/24/briefing/boulder-shooting-george-segal-astrazeneca.html

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2345 on: March 24, 2021, 08:21:34 AM »
..Yes, the US national news outlets reported far more negative  than positive news vs. reports by local/regional outlets and international outlets....

Be that as it may, the fact that the humongous pork bill passed and California is about to get a cool > $500 billion for a few long overdue paybacks, LA for example is about to cross the proverbial *orange tier*!!! Meaning were about back to normal folks!!!

The OPA (other people's administration) really know how to stop COVID-19.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #2346 on: March 24, 2021, 08:29:23 AM »

USA gave AstraZeneca billions.

Add that to the billions that have been dispersed to fraudsters from Nigeria to Russia-----
The Labor Department inspector general has yet to complete a full investigation but, based on previous programs, estimates at least $63 billion of the $630 billion in disbursements has been misspent. The full scope of the loss in taxpayer funds is likely many times higher, experts and officials say, soaring well beyond $100 billion.
A rush to release the funds put enormous strain on state workforce agencies, creating a bonanza for individual scam artists and international cybercrime rings. And the federal government was slow to act despite early red flags, according to interviews with more than two dozen fraud experts, senior law enforcement officials and state and federal officials.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/how-billions-pandemic-aid-was-swindled-con-artists-crime-syndicates-n1257766

Link is a month old but the fraud has only increased in the admin's zeal to distribute finances quickly.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2347 on: March 24, 2021, 08:32:06 AM »
What a great idea! If they do not find it safe for their own  people, give it to some poor people who can afford to die.

Actually, the FDA hasn't granted approval for COVID vaccines to be used on humans. FDA and vaccine manufacture's documents says that. The FDA did authorize emergency approval of certain COVID vaccines figuring the benefits outweigh the risks.

AstraZeneca got cocky and supplied the American government with outdated data of their product instead of new data. They assumed the FDA wouldn't make a big stink. It wasn't easy for Fauci to make a public statement pertaining to AstraZeneca's bad behavior knowing it'll erode confidence in vaccines. AstraZeneca's bad behavior may be worse than what Fauci is revealing. I would've considered taking an AstraZeneca vaccine. Due to their deception, they're now on my sh!t list.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #2348 on: March 24, 2021, 12:12:08 PM »

Actually, the FDA hasn't granted approval for COVID vaccines to be used on humans. FDA and vaccine manufacture's documents says that. The FDA did authorize emergency approval of certain COVID vaccines figuring the benefits outweigh the risks.

AstraZeneca got cocky and supplied the American government with outdated data of their product instead of new data. They assumed the FDA wouldn't make a big stink. It wasn't easy for Fauci to make a public statement pertaining to AstraZeneca's bad behavior knowing it'll erode confidence in vaccines. AstraZeneca's bad behavior may be worse than what Fauci is revealing. I would've considered taking an AstraZeneca vaccine. Due to their deception, they're now on my sh!t list.
And again you missed the point.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline ML

« Reply #2349 on: March 24, 2021, 12:57:26 PM »
There is no real problem with the AstraZeneca vaccine.
As I understand it, they merely fudged the effectiveness rate a couple of percentage points at most.
A typical result of letting marketing people be in charge with no oversight by cautious folks . . . like scientists, engineering, finance or accounting.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541438
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1963
Total: 1972

+-Recent Posts

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Yesterday at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 08:13:26 AM