It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439489 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1400 on: March 26, 2020, 01:20:24 PM »
haha
dumb suicide cult phuques

about an hour from now, the USA will be the world leader in Corona infections, we are ALREADY ahead of Italy
remember when we were 12 days behind them on the curve?
now they're in the rear view mirror and getting further and further away
you'll see China in the rear view mirror an hour from now
weeeee, look how fast we're going!!!!

USA #1

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1401 on: March 26, 2020, 01:25:21 PM »
Don't fall for their propaganda. China reports no new cases within their country and any cases they do report they say is imported so it's somebody else's fault. Out of 1.4 billion people do you think there are zero new transmissions among them right now?

Italy taking more drastic steps shutting down most factories. Article said they are entering into a war time economy. I think it's actually worse. In war, you can put everybody to work in factories or the front line. With the virus, you have to tell everybody to quit working and pay them in an attempt to beat it. How long can that last?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in-drastic-step-italy-shuts-most-factories-to-halt-virus/ar-BB11KgG1?ocid=ientp

Exactly. We have just begun a lockdown and while some jobs/sectors are still running including thankfully my own, so far, the longer it goes on for the worse the economy will become. So we are not only fighting a virus but also fighting a battle for the economy against the clock. We are presently early days into it but after a few weeks problems are going to mount up for some, after a few months, moreso. The bigger picture though is that the economic output of the country as a whole can be trashed, a lot of it long term and government finances put into trouble. Neither of them bode well for the future and could signal economic hardship for years after.

Italy is making it worse by shutting down factories. If that dramatically cuts cases in a short time period it's a gamble that has paid off, if it doesn't it's reaping even worse economic disaster to come. The UK is fortunate in that we left the EU at the end of January. We are already going to benefit in terms of not being dragged into the economic mess in western EU member states. Italy, Spain, France & Germany are all being hit hard by the virus and by their respective economic lockdowns. A joint EU bond has been proposed in which all states equally share the debt for the cost of the EU bond to sort out the problem. That could cause even more turmoil and argument depending on each EU members respective position and handling of the crises. Big upset may be coming in the EU, Western members won't be able to provide the money to do up Eastern members economies and member nations are likely to feel differently about the bond.

I personally think that this will bring about an early end to the EU, both the EU and it's main economic contributors will be deeply in the economic sh*t from all of this.

In the UK we can happily stand aside and not have to be dragged into this EU bond scheme which will likely end as another incompetent mess. We also have the advantage of seeing how Italy handles the crises and how we might handle it better as a result.

Looking up the other day apparently the Mussolini family still exists, could see one of Benito's descendents & the fascists in power soon.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1402 on: March 26, 2020, 02:01:17 PM »
haha
dumb suicide cult phuques

about an hour from now, the USA will be the world leader in Corona infections, we are ALREADY ahead of Italy
remember when we were 12 days behind them on the curve?
now they're in the rear view mirror and getting further and further away
you'll see China in the rear view mirror an hour from now
weeeee, look how fast we're going!!!!

USA #1

What are your plans when it all goes south Krim? What are your daughters thoughts on this virus situation?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

« Reply #1403 on: March 26, 2020, 02:26:41 PM »
after June, I doubt I will ever see my daughters again...
after my wife passes, if I am still alive, I intend to live as a hermit in the forest
because in the near future, it will be impossible to defend my house or my neighborhood
the best security will be obscurity
I can live many life times over on the hoard of gold and silver I have recently reburied

I will submit myself to the virus when I think the hospitals might give me a better chance of survival than they otherwise would in the near future
if my will to survive is stronger than the virus's power to kill me, then I will survive
and that should give me about 3 years of immunity
otherwise I will die

already have drawn my blades once while standing in line
virus rebels are an actual thing here...
people taking pictures of themselves licking food in the supermarket and then posting on facebook
I have actually seen teenagers approaching old people from behind and deliberately coughing on them and quickly run away laughing...
I have seen this myself!!!!

hence, my bike riding rear view mirrors on my sunglasses
so I can watch these assh&les
and 2, 12 inch sushi knives
which believe it or not, is TOTALLY LEGAL for me to wear like this in the state of Texas!!!!
our Republican governor made this law a few years ago....

even against an armed opponent with a concealed handgun
before he could even get his hand on the grip of his pistol
I'd have one blade deep into his liver just below the rib cage and begin slicing to the right
and the other either as deep into his eye socket as I could get it, or slice the upper part of the carotid on the neck, where it's closest to the skin

I try to wear the scariest t-shirts I can, because everyone here is treating this thing like it's a complete joke
but if you look like you're some kinda middle aged crack addict with 2 large sushi knives strapped to you
and you randomly mutter to yourself about Putin taking over Ukraine....
well...
this will help promote a healthier distance between you and every other dumb sh&t out there...

this is life in Trump's America MFers
it's either kill or be killed
just standing in line trying to buy bread

can't wait for the freaking summer time
good job, Trump voters!!!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:13:28 PM by krimster2 »

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1404 on: March 26, 2020, 03:07:43 PM »
Everyone (not named Fathertime) who believes the Communist Chinese Government and their claim of no new cases to report, please raise your hand.

Forget that jone…

*It* is on our doorsteps...ala Portergeist's infamous declaration, *They're Here!*

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2282

LMAO. I don't know why Brentwood & Sta Monica counts are so high now, plus West LA, Culver City, Venice...Heheh! Brace yourselves, folks. Bayonets ready!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1405 on: March 26, 2020, 03:24:51 PM »
I am curious.   Our case count is relatively low compared to our dense/pak number of people in LA County.   Now I'm not complaining.   LA County has, plus or minus, 13 million people.   Of these less than a thousand are confirmed cases.

We used to do a loser's lottery at Trump National that benefited the local YMCA (18 holes and the dinner and lottery that followed).   Every name would get picked out of the hat, with the guy who was pulling the names out the hat announcing the name and calling us all types of verbiage that indicated what losers we were.   But it got down to the end, and, of course, that guy was the biggest 'Loser'.   Kinda like I feel that this virus is going.   The most unlucky are those that wind up on the bed with a respirator that can't keep up.   Our loser's lottery typically got a new set of golf clubs.   The virus losers get a memorial.   But out of 13 Million the biggest losers are few and far between.   And think of the number of traffic accidents that aren't happening because the freeways are clear.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1406 on: March 26, 2020, 03:41:04 PM »
Any thoughts on here when this virus crises will mostly be over and restrictions are lifted in each respective country?

We were told roughly 12 weeks or so here in the UK from lockdown. I could easily see it being longer though.

I would be hoping for travel to either Ukraine or Russia at the latest September or October but if course they are behind us in all this at the moment, I'm guessing by a out three weeks as we here in the UK are roughly where Italy was three weeks ago. So I may be waiting for Coronavirus to clear over there even while it may be mostly clear here. Any thoughts whether a September or October journey may be possible?

Online krimster2

« Reply #1407 on: March 26, 2020, 03:46:01 PM »
i haven't kept track of the UK...
because of our leadership
the USA will have the highest, longest, FIRST PEAK, when compared to any other of over 100 nations...

China ended quarantine a month ago...
numbers are creeping back up
second peak in the fall

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1408 on: March 26, 2020, 03:49:58 PM »
I am curious.   Our case count is relatively low compared to our dense/pak number of people in LA County.   Now I'm not complaining.   LA County has, plus or minus, 13 million people.   Of these less than a thousand are confirmed cases.

The late/lack of testing kits created a momentary forced perspective, jone. I have this nasty feeling there's a reason why Mercy was docked in Long Beach, instead of the Bay Area where the bigger number of cases at the present time is in NoCal. Manhattan Beach is pushing 20. I just a feeling where on the same hike NY is today once the testing becomes widely administered.

We used to do a loser's lottery at Trump National that benefited the local YMCA (18 holes and the dinner and lottery that followed).   Every name would get picked out of the hat, with the guy who was pulling the names out the hat announcing the name and calling us all types of verbiage that indicated what losers we were.   But it got down to the end, and, of course, that guy was the biggest 'Loser'.   Kinda like I feel that this virus is going.   The most unlucky are those that wind up on the bed with a respirator that can't keep up.   Our loser's lottery typically got a new set of golf clubs.   The virus losers get a memorial.   But out of 13 Million the biggest losers are few and far between.   And think of the number of traffic accidents that aren't happening because the freeways are clear.

Funny. Never heard of that particular lottery game. It would be somewhat apropos had the initial report held that only the eldest with medical conditions that succumb mostly with the virus, but looking at the latest reports, it seems now the age range between 18-49 (sometimes with no medical condition) is starting to share the number almost to par.

True. Accident fatalities have dramatically decreased.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1409 on: March 26, 2020, 03:54:00 PM »
Trump and Co, just finished their daily live press conference.

Dr Fauci said some important things. He said he is confident a treatment will be eventually found with at least partial or full success. He said it may take a year to a year and a half to have a vaccine ready. He said it takes time to verify a vaccine actually works and their working on multiple options at the same time. He mentioned some vaccines can harm people more than they help and may end up giving us the infection that its supposed to protect us from. He doesn't know how the virus will behave after we beat back the outbreak. We may experience it in cycles or it may disappear for awhile and come back seasonally. He said the virus determines the timeline.

I hope hot weather keeps the virus away because from the time it showed up in America in January, it only took two months to do trillions of dollars of damage to our economy. It would've done much more damage if we didn't take action against it.

I would be hoping for travel to either Ukraine or Russia at the latest September or October but if course they are behind us in all this at the moment, I'm guessing by a out three weeks as we here in the UK are roughly where Italy was three weeks ago. So I may be waiting for Coronavirus to clear over there even while it may be mostly clear here. Any thoughts whether a September or October journey may be possible?

The virus decides what is going to happen in September and October. Outbreaks between nations seem to be staggered at the moment. There's hope this virus is seasonal and will disappear in the Summer and show back up in the colder months. Nobody really knows what the virus is going to do a this time. If this virus cycles every two months with staggered outbreaks around the world, you're going to have to settle for a local girl.

Accident fatalities have dramatically decreased.

Because we have changed our behavior, no shaking hands, playing sports, or even working there are less physical injuries, illnesses, and deaths across the board.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1410 on: March 26, 2020, 04:16:52 PM »

The 2020 G20 virtual summit has concluded. 20 World leaders intend to pump 5 trillion dollars into the global economy and work together to find a solution to beat the virus. Putin asked for sanctions relief because it's a matter of life and death.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/26/world-leaders-seem-denial-demands-radical-global-action-coronavirus-virtual-g20
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1411 on: March 26, 2020, 04:18:13 PM »
Hmm, looking back 5 days, I've failed to see a day where the Chinese haven't reported less than 100 new cases  :popcorn:
Easy to catch Jone in another baldfaced lie. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1412 on: March 26, 2020, 04:24:23 PM »
In Washington State, max weekly unemployment benefits is $790. Add the extra $600 per week the relief bill gives, many unemployed people will get up $1390 per week while staying home. The virus is providing an easy and financially secure life for many! Hope those people don't start liking the devil that will eventually bury them.

http://www.savingtoinvest.com/maximum-weekly-unemployment-benefits-by-state/

I suspect a pretty fair portion of the  more ambitious people will collect the money and still work on the side.   

Fathertime! 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1413 on: March 26, 2020, 04:25:55 PM »

The virus decides what is going to happen in September and October. Outbreaks between nations seem to be staggered at the moment. There's hope this virus is seasonal and will disappear in the Summer and show back up in the colder months. Nobody really knows what the virus is going to do a this time. If this virus cycles every two months with staggered outbreaks around the world, you're going to have to settle for a local girl.

Noooo...!!! Let s hope it doesn't come to that :(

Possibly a Welsh girl might be ok, they seem less stuck up than a lot of English girls. Either side of the border there are lots of fat girls, maybe the gov will introduce rationing and sort that out.

I'm guessing that at some point countries are going to have to try and get on a par with each other before a final global effort to lock out this virus.

I'm guessing it will probably be about 4-5 months to get to this stage from where we are now. Then a small relief of a week or two of back to mild lockdown before a complete global co-ordinated lockdown.

I think you're right Billy that if they all muff around and re-infection happens every couple of months then it could result in every couple of months alternating between lockdowns coming and going with the virus.

I'm not sure if Russia will handle the virus at all well, Putin has already pointed to the problem of the size of the country being an issue. I think for the US the size of the US and the activness of the population could make it he problem worse.

I don't get the impression the virus is seasonal, it seems to behave more as a one of viral infection so far. We're soon to be coming into April so could be quite a telling month for that.

Will just have to wait and see I guess.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1414 on: March 26, 2020, 04:28:15 PM »
Definitely more traffic today than yesterday around LA...still not normal traffic but I really think that more people aren't taking the virus seriously.  Perhaps that will change tomorrow given the threat seems to be getting closer to home.   In terms of traffic, I wish it were like this all the time. 

Fathertime!   

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1415 on: March 26, 2020, 04:54:04 PM »
~  20 World leaders intend to pump 5 trillion dollars into the global economy and work together to find a solution to beat the virus.  ~

LMAO! What that means is, 3 may be willing, 17 will freeload. That's the best case scenario.

I don't even know why they waste their time will these international BS gatherings since they mostly blow hot air with each other.

Offline jone

« Reply #1416 on: March 26, 2020, 05:04:10 PM »
~  20 World leaders intend to pump 5 trillion dollars into the global economy and work together to find a solution to beat the virus.  ~

LMAO! What that means is, 3 may be willing, 17 will freeload. That's the best case scenario.

I don't even know why they waste their time will these international BS gatherings since they mostly blow hot air with each other.

Take off the last five words of your last sentence.   
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1417 on: March 26, 2020, 05:08:31 PM »
Shocked to see the US now has 82 thousand Coronavirus cases:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-52056586

In the UK we have 11,600 cases approximately but of course with a smaller country.

Looks like the Coronavirus situation could be starting to get out of control in the US though.

Online krimster2

« Reply #1418 on: March 26, 2020, 05:30:34 PM »
you are just another who sits at the table of Belshazzar's feast
and I am just the poor Jew who came before you
to read to you the writing upon the wall

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

the words I am reading on the wall, they are about you and your world....
and I am merely reading the sentence aloud
listen to what is being said, or not...
let the righteous believe in truth
and all others can deny it
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:41:02 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1419 on: March 26, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »
Trench is as bad as CB as grasping reality ..

1/ The UK's supply chain was fine ... just the selfish MUPPETS stocking up  - Muppets think this is some sort of 'conspiracy'  - rather than accepting blame for a situation of THEIR creation ..

2/ You'd be screwed if locked up in Ukraine ... you DO understand the concept of 'lockdown' ? ...  Shopping for food - a little walk - that'd be it for you .. no chance to meet ladies ... if they're sensible they'd give you a wide berth of gtr than 2m ))

Glad to note you care for your Ma...you just showed us one redeeming feature ..

Mobe, if you snooze you lose ;)

Could be right about Ukraine though, with a lockdown dating could be more challenging than ever, lol. A real pain as I was all ready to make my move this April, think I had it down for sure this time. Even dating in this country would be difficult to presumably off limits at the moment. I guess I'm kind of busy finishing off my house these next few weeks/months mainly so while I could have fitted an outing in I will be more together after finishing off the work on my house I think.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1420 on: March 26, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »
Looks like the Coronavirus situation could be starting to get out of control in the US though.

It seems out of control based off the daily numbers reported but it isn't. Testing is done at levels and speeds not seen anywhere else in the world and testing has revealed the virus is only out of control in NY at this time. Even with the massive testing, European nations together with a population totaled equaled to America's still by far report more new infections and deaths everyday.

Bill Gates, expert epidemic slayer, thinks we need to shut down the country 6-10 weeks. He may be right but if his idea doesn't work and the virus exponentially explodes again, we'd have less money to fight the next outbreak. Trump will try a shorter regional shutdown and keep most of the economy going. If it fails, he can try a more aggressive shutdown. My governor is already talking about possibly extending the Stay at Home order that's supposed to last two weeks. It started today and he's already talking about an extension!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-gates-on-coronavirus-161803530.html

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1421 on: March 26, 2020, 07:33:01 PM »

It's been 5 weeks since Italy started their lockdown and they are still reporting upticks in new infections and death with 712 dying today. Italy has also had 40 doctors die. Article doesn't say how many nurses died.

http://news.yahoo.com/italy-coronavirus-deaths-rise-662-172735148.html

Russia builds huge hospital in Moscow in preparation for their upcoming outbreak.

http://www.yahoo.com/gma/infectious-diseases-hospital-built-moscow-204836712.html

Online krimster2

« Reply #1422 on: March 26, 2020, 07:46:23 PM »
by Monday, we will have DOUBLE China's infections!
and guess what future kool-aid drinkers...
3-4 days later we'll have 4 times as many...
and then guess what...
can you say, "8 times"
see, I knew you could...

I am going to bunker binge on Mr Rogers Neighborhood Tomorrow
I am preparing for my run now into the forest, this place is totally cool at night
and I can run to the other side of the forest and check out all the different neighborhoods
without anyone seeing me
and stuff is getting weirder and weirder each night

I have to clear my mind, because I am trying to record each step through the forest with my night vision scope
and memorize each step
after this summer, I will have traps all around my path
and keep a weapons cache in the middle

I have been archery practicing with 3 different bows
a crossbow, a compound bow and a recurve bow
even though the recurve has the least power
I am going to stick with it, because it's actually good enough for close range
and it's REAL FAST to shoot compared to the other two
I am practicing with the "Hun" style of holding one arrow in the bow string
while also holding 3 other arrows in my left hand, and be able to rapidly load and fire 4 arrows
at say 30 feet at night, thanks to my night vision scope, while running
so I could get off 4 silent shots at anyone following me
before switching to an automatic pistol
and when I run out of magazines
then up ahead in the weapons cache I have fully legal Class III registered complete with Federal Stamp a fully automatic ak47 with a 75 round drum magazine!!!!
robbers beware

PS
absolutely impossible to buy any large volume of gold bullion right now from ANY of my dealers, none...
even trying to grab as much as you can from retails channels is getting harder and harder and prices are rising ABOVE spot!!
probably a week from now, you might not even be able to buy gold any more, no one will sell it, except for a crazy price, above $2,000
T-Bills now have negative interest rates!!
WTF!!!
how long before all my offshore banks collapse, even one like HSBC...
not long

I guess I should be content with the metal I own now
and just let everything else burn in the coming holocaust
the sooner I let let go of the world, the better
I choose to only have nature as my companion
and read from Charles Darwin to Charles Manson
men who opened doors, so others could follow
and then they would open other doors
for others

all of it will burn, like the library of Alexandria
the bonfire of human vanity and frailty
rage, rage, against the dying of the light

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:13:06 PM by krimster2 »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1423 on: March 26, 2020, 07:53:44 PM »
It seems out of control based off the daily numbers reported but it isn't. 
According to Reuters today, a study shows about 81,000 deaths from the virus in the USA.   That is a high number but nowhere near the numbers I was reading here several weeks back.  It isn't because the US is doing a great job staying indoors, because I see people everywhere and the virus has taken hold.  Overall we have been slow to react, although projected numbers aren't the end of the world. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-forecast/coronavirus-could-kill-81000-in-u-s-subside-in-june-washington-university-analysis-idUSKBN21E00Z

Offline Gator

« Reply #1424 on: March 26, 2020, 08:13:21 PM »

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

the words I am reading on the wall, they are about you and your world....
and I am merely reading the sentence aloud
listen to what is being said, or not...
let the righteous believe in truth
and all others can deny it

....he not busy being born is busy dying.....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1885
Total: 1896

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM