It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Unexpected trip  (Read 16010 times)

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Unexpected trip
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2016, 07:58:14 AM »
So my employer tried to get me back into Russia quickly by sending me an invite from a Russian tourist company so I could get a 30 day tourist visa while they finish processing my work visa. I went to the consulate with our lovely Mila (who helped me a great deal) and after seeing that I've been working there for the past 2 years, the folks at the consulate didn't believe that I would really be going back as a tourist, so they rejected my application. I'm not sure what the next step is. I'll see what my employer wants to do. In the meantime, I'm getting over the flu so I can at least go out and enjoy myself.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2016, 03:05:02 PM »

If Russia doesn't want your tourist dollars, I guess you'll have to spend it in Ukraine. I figure with the financial crisis they're going through, they want you and your money to come to Russia ASAP.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2016, 03:24:21 PM »
So my employer tried to get me back into Russia quickly by sending me an invite from a Russian tourist company so I could get a 30 day tourist visa while they finish processing my work visa. I went to the consulate with our lovely Mila (who helped me a great deal) and after seeing that I've been working there for the past 2 years, the folks at the consulate didn't believe that I would really be going back as a tourist, so they rejected my application. I'm not sure what the next step is. I'll see what my employer wants to do. In the meantime, I'm getting over the flu so I can at least go out and enjoy myself.

mhr7..... you are all over the place. First you said you had an 'all expenses' paid trip to Kharkov. Then you can't pass border on bus, use other means to eventually get  over with private driver. Become sick, blinded by the sights of Kharkov. A week later, you try to get a tourist visa while you have work visa in process, you do know with tourist visa you CANNOT WORK, yet your work visa IS for work. Seems like a sound decision to reject your tourist visa...don't you think??? Is 1 week that important either way???
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline mhr7

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2016, 04:43:06 PM »
mhr7..... you are all over the place. First you said you had an 'all expenses' paid trip to Kharkov. Then you can't pass border on bus, use other means to eventually get  over with private driver. Become sick, blinded by the sights of Kharkov. A week later, you try to get a tourist visa while you have work visa in process, you do know with tourist visa you CANNOT WORK, yet your work visa IS for work. Seems like a sound decision to reject your tourist visa...don't you think??? Is 1 week that important either way???

You've never lived and worked in Russia and have no idea all the dancing you have to do with the beaurocracy and employers to get things accomplished. First its 1 week then 2 weeks then 1 month then the day after tomorrow. The work visa was supposed to take 2 weeks then they changed it to 1 month, so my company thought they could get me in on a tourist visa while they processed the work visa and I gave it a shot. Now they tell me that will use their "connections" or pay a bribe in order to get the work visa sooner than 1 month. And, yes they are paying for everything but that doesn't mean 1st class tickets and luxury hotels and no, buses won't take Americans across the border. I also don't live at the address where I'm officially registered and I get paid in cash because my employer lies to the government about how much they pay me in order to avoid paying more in taxes and fees. That's life here, it's all perfectly normal.

Offline ML

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2016, 06:18:37 PM »
Anyway, nice to receive verification how easy it is to travel to Russia.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2016, 07:36:23 PM »
You've never lived and worked in Russia and have no idea all the dancing you have to do with the beaurocracy and employers to get things accomplished. First its 1 week then 2 weeks then 1 month then the day after tomorrow. The work visa was supposed to take 2 weeks then they changed it to 1 month, so my company thought they could get me in on a tourist visa while they processed the work visa and I gave it a shot. Now they tell me that will use their "connections" or pay a bribe in order to get the work visa sooner than 1 month. And, yes they are paying for everything but that doesn't mean 1st class tickets and luxury hotels and no, buses won't take Americans across the border. I also don't live at the address where I'm officially registered and I get paid in cash because my employer lies to the government about how much they pay me in order to avoid paying more in taxes and fees. That's life here, it's all perfectly normal.

So, does this mean you're a liar and a thief? You assume it's okay because you are in Russia?

Offline LAman

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2016, 10:59:06 PM »
So, does this mean you're a liar and a thief? You assume it's okay because you are in Russia?

ML, you do know same things happen in Ukraine and Moldova ( as far as i know). Its the culture.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline mhr7

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2016, 12:51:34 AM »

I also don't close my mouth when I chew my food and never call my mother.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2016, 02:07:21 AM »
ML, you do know same things happen in Ukraine and Moldova ( as far as i know). Its the culture.

Actually the same things "happen" in the U.S., does that mean then it's okay to do it, to you?

So those are common traits of a liar and a thief? You're the one lying, cheating and stealing from the country you claim to live and work. Obviously none of which keeps you awake at night. Speaks volumes of your *cough* character  ;D

Offline mhr7

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2016, 02:14:24 AM »
Actually the same things "happen" in the U.S., does that mean then it's okay to do it, to you?
So those are common traits of a liar and a thief? You're the one lying, cheating and stealing from the country you claim to live and work. Obviously none of which keeps you awake at night. Speaks volumes of your *cough* character  ;D
If you back and read I believe I said that my employer does these things, not me. I do my job and live my life. They play the games.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2016, 02:17:49 AM »
If you back and read I believe I said that my employer does these things, not me. I do my job and live my life. They play the games.

Whatever it takes to justify to yourself your complicity or lack of suits the shat out of me there Hero.  :clapping:

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2016, 02:43:16 AM »
Whatever it takes to justify to yourself your complicity or lack of suits the shat out of me there Hero.  :clapping:

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:48:41 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2016, 02:52:18 AM »

You can bet your boots that if you been supportive of trump, that none of this would matter much to the nutbag conservatives. 
Since you have been outspoken against trump, you are suddenly everything evil. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Boethius

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2016, 08:46:31 AM »

That is true, although it wasn't always the culture.  In Tsarist Russia, the bureaucracy was corrupt, but if caught, there were severe penalties.  In Western Ukraine, such corruption was unknown until the Soviets arrived.

The problem for a foreigner is that you face different consequences than do locals for illegal activity.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BC

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2016, 02:10:54 AM »
When in Rome.....

Offline BorisS

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2016, 06:49:21 AM »
Boe, if you can tell me the perfect way to respond to a jealous RW, I'm all ears. It's a helpless/hopeless situation and nothing I said made it any better.

Yep, you have to let the steam in the kettle boil itself out :-)))

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2016, 04:25:23 PM »

You can bet your boots that if you been supportive of trump, that none of this would matter much to the nutbag conservatives. 
Since you have been outspoken against trump, you are suddenly everything evil. 

He spoke out against Hillary too, describing her as the lessor of two evils (in his opinion)

Russia has enough much graft, bureaucracy and crapola going on that I would be surprised
if anybody can navigate over there without running afoul of something or someone.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Gator

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2016, 08:19:44 PM »
Does mhr7 need to be careful about his reported income? 

I assume Russia collects a tax for income earned in Russia.  Even if an employer underreports salary paid to an employee, the employee is still obligated to pay tax on what he earned.  A government audit could uncover the need to pay more taxes.  If the government wanted to set an example......

When in Rome....yes.  When in Moscow, be careful. 

Offline mhr7

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2016, 01:29:10 AM »
Does mhr7 need to be careful about his reported income? 

I assume Russia collects a tax for income earned in Russia.  Even if an employer underreports salary paid to an employee, the employee is still obligated to pay tax on what he earned.  A government audit could uncover the need to pay more taxes.  If the government wanted to set an example......

When in Rome....yes.  When in Moscow, be careful.
My contract stipulates that all taxes will be paid by my employer. I believe it is part of their obligation when they take the responsibility of sponsoring a foreign worker. They must also pay for my healthcare insurance.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2016, 01:46:57 AM »
My contract stipulates that all taxes will be paid by my employer. I believe it is part of their obligation when they take the responsibility of sponsoring a foreign worker. They must also pay for my healthcare insurance.

Just so happens I will be in Moscow in the morning. Would you like me to pass that little tidbit of info onto customs for you?

:ROFL:

Offline mhr7

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2016, 09:35:45 AM »
Just so happens I will be in Moscow in the morning. Would you like me to pass that little tidbit of info onto customs for you?

:ROFL:

OK, let us the know the results. I'm sure customs will be very impressed. :ROFL:

Offline jone

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2016, 11:39:35 AM »
OK, let us the know the results. I'm sure customs will be very impressed. :ROFL:

The customs people I have dealt with are a mixed bag.   If you go through one of the three airports in Moscow, you can bet that you are getting the best of their customs officers.  But I went through customs on my way to Kazakhstan and of the three officers there, two were so drunk they could barely move and the one who stamped my passport wasn't far behind. 

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gator

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »

That covers you provided your employers stays solvent and  in good favor.  I suppose you could always claim you did not know, but would still be obligated to pay.

Your situation is not unique.  I dated an accountant for a construction company in Kiev.  She volunteered she felt stressed about keeping two separate books, one for the government and another for the investors. 

Offline ML

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2016, 07:53:33 PM »
  She volunteered she felt stressed about keeping two separate books, one for the government and another for the investors.

That is just simple 'double entry' bookkeeping. (Inside joke)
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2016, 12:03:27 PM »
Good news! :clapping: RW got a few days off and will be joining me here from Wednesday to Saturday. Still have no idea when the paperwork for the visa will arrive though.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541383
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3436
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 3413
Total: 3422

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Yesterday at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill