It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: $1250 cash to meet me????  (Read 14029 times)

Offline mies

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: $1250 cash to meet me????
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2009, 08:23:56 PM »
As it was mentioned in another thread, in Russia secretary position is often referred to as "secretute",

i mentioned it as an example of how society lives with cultural images not based on true facts. How men (and other women) in Ukraine and Russia are quick to blame female secretaries of being prostitutes nevertheless they don't have any proofs. This was also an example of how women are looked down upon in the FSU society.
I have never said though that secretary position implies providing sexual services to the boss. Some secretaries may voluntarily provoke their bosses in a hope to be promoted. Some bosses use their position "to gain access to the bodies". However, I would not be saying that this is a rule for the FSU area.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2009, 09:12:09 PM »
My ex-FIL ran off with his secretary.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Aloe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2009, 01:07:44 AM »
i mentioned it as an example of how society lives with cultural images not based on true facts. How men (and other women) in Ukraine and Russia are quick to blame female secretaries of being prostitutes nevertheless they don't have any proofs. This was also an example of how women are looked down upon in the FSU society.
I have never said though that secretary position implies providing sexual services to the boss. Some secretaries may voluntarily provoke their bosses in a hope to be promoted. Some bosses use their position "to gain access to the bodies". However, I would not be saying that this is a rule for the FSU area.
when i was looking at all kinds of jobs i could do, secretary was one of the things i looked up ads for, you wouldnt believe the amount of ads that stated clearly or hinted that you have to do sexual favors to the boss, maybe things changed by now?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1880
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1878
Total: 1888

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM