It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is it time for the Russian Language to change?  (Read 9222 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Is it time for the Russian Language to change?
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2019, 11:30:22 PM »
Why? Because our language is more musical, due to its abundance of vowels?

Major hurdles for us are the sounds of the velar vowel Ы and the alveolar consonant Л, because no similar articulations exist in Italian.

The better half says he thinks a lot of the sounds are similar - no issue with "r"s or the varying "l"s (both a huge problem for English speakers).

The foreign accent he found most melodious is that of Jacob Dahlin, a now deceased Swedish celebrity (youtube below).  The most beautiful Russian he ever heard, he says, was that of his grandfather's brother's wife.  The brother was married numerous times, outliving every wife, and the only wife my husband remembers was a Russian princess, who managed to survive the Revolution by hiding in Siberia.  He says the Russian she spoke, the way she used words, no longer existed even when he was a child, and it was so exquisite, more than five decades later, he still remembers it vividly, as does his cousin.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:35:18 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2019, 06:13:50 AM »
In America we have Andersonville, Manzanar, and Wounded Knee
and we have more people locked up in gulags today than any other country in the World...
and some of the gulags are private fiefdoms and US citizens are treated as slaves...

I’ve personally witnessed two race riots that burned down two American cities (Baltimore in 1968 and LA in 1992)
so frankly, I feel quite comfortable in Russia right now...
Putin is a stabilizing force against the chaos in Russia and NOT the source of it...
without Putin, Russia would immediately fracture into a 1,000 pieces....

if the rein of Trump leads to a collapse of the “old order” in America
then America will experience a period of turmoil...
first political then economic
Russians are ALREADY bailin’ outta Miami
even Trump will be sellin soon...

Americans still have their faith...
the day of their Chernovil moment is yet to arrive...
when they realize EVERYTHING is a lie...
and they were FOOLS

so ultimately, I do perceive some kind of convergence between Russia and USA, especially now with Trumputin...
but unfortunately, Trump has REALLY mishandled the whole thing!

the deal was gonna be for a TRILLION dollar Saudi nuclear program to be split between the USA and Russia
AND to let Exxon resume drilling in Russia which is considered a 500 billion dollar deal
Trump was even gonna get a healthy chuck of Rosneft stock through Rex Tillerson...
but it all began to unravel through Manafort and Flynn and went downhill from there...
Russian sanctions were supposed to have been lifted years ago, not increased two years from now under a vengeful democratic administration
all because of Trump's stupidity in getting caught...
if I were a Republican, the thing I would REALLY despise about Trump is his STUPIDITY!

after Trump is out of office, and finally all the obstruction and secrecy lifted, everyone will be STUNNED at the amount of corruption
of course he has TO HAVE Wilbur Ross's Cyprus bank connections handy that's WHY he's there on the cabinet!
doesn't EVERYONE need a money launderer these days?

but the comical clowns of Trump and Guliani...
when they fall, their old corrupt system will fall with them...
THEN money laundering through banks will be considered TOTALLY OLD SKOOL and completely NOT COOL!!
all mafia organizations of the future are all gonna be run on blockchain
the smart ones like mine already are
the blockchain will be the DNA of the whole system
all information will be on the blockchain
and one chain can connect to another which can then connect to...
and before you know it...
EVERYTHING will be on the blockchain
and the chain will be the DNA of the new world order

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 06:51:36 AM by krimster2 »

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2019, 11:52:52 AM »
I haven't read anyone else's posts yet.

My prediction is that you'll get the forum equivalent of a spanking.

Gee thanks 2tall, lol :D

Hasn't been too bad so far, worst as usual had been from our resident forum fool ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2019, 11:55:50 AM »
Trench,

Do try to read and compehend what Boethius wrote.

You just proved how 'advanced' your Russian lang learning is..

I will never, EVER, be close to getting those endings right and do not try to remember gender..

This poster tries to have fun 'learning' a new language...

Thinking it is too hard work is your failing.

Listen to foreigners trying to cope with all the English rules that get broken and the importance of positioning of words...

Perhaps, they are hoping we will relax our 'rules' or simplify the spelling of words like our cousin's across the pond)

Ah, so now we find out you are not so adept in Russian as you have previously seemed to allure too.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2019, 12:01:17 PM »
Trench,

Your generalisations know no bounds..

I can still learn a language when immersed, I will never be fluent.

In the meantime you are learning Russian when you keeping visiting Ukraine..and refer to Kyiv as Kiev...

Let's discuss stubbornness and stupidity...

..You have yet to learn how to date in ENGLISH...

Oh, cheeky Mobe, cheeky :(

Still if Krimster is to be believed and the Russians invade Ukraine then Kyiv will go back to Kiev and save me the bother of relearning the names of those cities.

Interestingly does anyone know if they are still even teaching the Russian language in School in Ukraine? or just the Ukrainian language now?

I learn to speak Russian as it is most flexible. I can't really go to Russia and speak Ukrainian now and expect to be understood now can I.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2019, 03:19:09 PM »
Ah, so now we find out you are not so adept in Russian as you have previously seemed to allure too.

moby has always indicated that he can make himself understood, nothing more.  I suspect his level of Russian is about the same as krimster's.

I can't really go to Russia and speak Ukrainian now and expect to be understood now can I.

If you speak Ukrainian well, absolutely. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2019, 04:37:03 PM »
in Russia, it is ALWAYS better to listen than to speak! slovo!!
when strange Russian men approach me speaking Russian, ya skazal “izvini ya ne ponimayu..” and shrug my shoulders a bit...
then gopnicks will start speaking louder to me!!!

gozpedy! then ya skazal, “moy ooshi rabotayut normalna”
and then they seem confused....
if I can’t speak Russian then why am I speaking Russian telling them this??!!
and the metaphysical contradiction
inherent in this proclamation seems to overwhelm them...
so best just to speak Russian to begin with and say “syebees pridorik”
open my suit jacket a little displaying just a little of my holster strap and walk past their right...
or as I call it Friday night at Rasputin's with moy bratnoy
slovo!
4th generation Odessa Mob baby!!
totally assimilated into American and now Russian kultura
I'm coming home soon.... maya babooshka would be proud of me!!  I kept my promise to her!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 04:51:52 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2019, 01:15:36 AM »
Why do you bother to speak Russian?

Much more revealing to shrug one's shoulders and feign total ignorance and smile at the Russian  ))

Online krimster2

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2019, 07:32:02 AM »
"Why do you bother to speak Russian?
Much more revealing to shrug one's shoulders and feign total ignorance and smile at the Russian  ))"

kanyneshna, eta pravda....
but, if I did that, then I would look like the pridorik, and not the other guy (usually someone trying to sell me something..)
and the thing I learned about Russians is I can ALWAYS find a use for EVERYONE I meet...
with random encounters, I do a little verbal ju-jitsu just so I can size up the other fella first, before I communicate in RUSSIAN with him
this tells me HOW  sharp he is or ISN'T....
and hence the impending difficulty of negotiation...
the dumb ones are typically easier and more expedient to deal with and have an added entertainment value as well!!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:35:37 AM by krimster2 »

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2019, 12:02:14 PM »
communication.....
many cross-cultural relationships, fail to some degree over this issue...
my conclusion...
if you’re not willing to learn Russian, then stay with the “locals”....
because you can’t make the language issue one sided and say it’s ONLY HER problem...
and that once she masters English, problem solved....
IT WON’T BE!!

everyone in my family, myself included is multi-lingual
my family and I have our own unique dialect of mixed Russian/English we use between us
depending on the nature of our guests, we may switch completely to Russian or English at dinner

if you marry a Russian, you can’t go back to your old life
you have to move forward and embrace your new identity....
and those who don’t move forward - often end up alone!
and this has happened to plenty of people on this board...

y’all seem to be focused on finding shortcuts....
when as usual, there is no shortcut to doing the hard necessary work on yourself...
without this work, you’re gonna fail....

(warning! brief boring anecdotal story!)
when I was working on my master’s thesis, my circuit design failed
and I sat at my bench dejected...
one of my mentors “saw my sad face” and offered his sage advice...
“listen to the failure - and what the universe is trying to tell you”
good advice!
the problem is, some of you either aren’t paying attention to this message
OR you’re not willing to put in the effort to change...
whatever the reason, you HAVE accepted your own failure
and for some reason you think Russian or Ukrainian women should accept it as well...

well...guess what?
they won’t!

forget trying to find the ultimate social media, etc
all the things that you need to succeed are within you and are NOT external things...

but if you “are weighed and measured” and found wanting...
then don’t ignore this message, do something about it...

I think it sounds like it adds to a lot more interesting scene if there is a Ruskie-English dialect going on Krim. To my mind I think if having a Russian or Ukrainian, etc connection can be turned into an advantage by embracing it as you have done then it can really add to the strength of the family and cone with beneficial payoffs as a result no doubt.

I think I will trudge on with learning Russian and see how far I can get with it over time :)

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2019, 12:09:35 PM »
I fell in love with Russia...
it's such a tragic place like America 30 years from now....
the people stoic only on the outside
but engliski is a barrier I let slip away over there
on victory day I have talked with veterans of the great patriotic war
tiny frail old men who still march with pride...

ya lubit the smell of rodina in the morning....
it smells like Victory Day!!

language is the main barrier to entry to "Russian World"
get rid of that, and there IS NO LIMIT to the kind of adventure you can have over there!
I've run several businesses in Russia and Ukraine, and I can honestly say it's not hard to make money over there as well as deal with the inevitable corruption...
here's a hint: ALWAYS go with the flow and STAY LOW...

in the future Russia will become more like America and America will become more like Russia
that's why I'm getting in NOW!!!!
with Russian citizenship in the future for me...
as I transcend my current existence and become an obscure Russian patriarch and mentor to an obscure clan of techo-oligarchs and grandchildren in southern Moscva along the river...
Americans have NOT lost their faith YET (but it is INEVITABLE that they one day will!)...
Russia is already POST faith!
what do you believe in?
after you find out EVERYTHING is a lie...

the answer is NOTHING....
the bolshoi nichivo
and then we're all dead anyway, so WTF right?
so what does it matter if a couple of thousand people get killed in Ukraine
they were all gonna die eventually anyway, so what harm have I REALLY done by working "on PUTIN'S PLAN"
the GRU even had a priest bless our operation, so I know I'm not getting any flak from that quarter!!!

all because of this...

these gas pipelines are worth 5 times as much as Putin's armies for controlling half of Europe...
Brexit, was only the first part of fracturing Europe
after Putin takes Ukraine, then will come the second part

I would love to see more of Russia the Visa for UK people is a pain though.

I'm surprised you got into being on side with Russia though Krim. How does that go down with your with being from Ukraine, Crimea is it?

Do the Russians seriously mean to invade Ukraine?

I've heard about the pipelines and know Ukrainian was tendering out for oil exploration of regions in its country where it is thought oil may be. Think their tender process ended up in s bit of a mess from what I heard so guessing it will be a while before they are at all self sufficient on that front if ever.

What about Georgia, a firm US ally, do you reckon they might go for them also? They have apparently just tapped into some oil and gas from fracking old Soviet era wells. So could be of interest there I guess.

Online krimster2

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2019, 07:54:05 PM »
it can't be worse than the disclosures I had to make on my Russian Visa application, having had at two points in my life a Top Secret Security clearance plus military service...
Russians SURE dig that kinda thing!!!  got me noticed BIG TIME!!  and I became a VERY popular person to "interview" especially for the GRU's "novey ludie"
but now that I've been cleared and got a krisha, my focus is on making LOTS of money in Russia in an elitny organizatsiya!!!
after Russians take over Odessa, I will be part of the feeding frenzy trying to get a piece for my clan like everyone else...
Odessa is ultimately where I want to setup Rando Del Krimster Dva and not Moscva cuz it's too cold there in the winter
but I have to wait until it's Russian, which won't be too long...

Crimea used to be nice, cuz I could fly to Vienna or Berlin from Simferopol in under 4 hours
but since 2014, gotta take a detour to Moscva first which makes any kind of travel from Crimea simply ridiculous...
so for the moment Crimea isn't of any interest to me or Ukraine either, until it's under new management...
Mosva makes sense for me for business, cuz that's where ALL the money is, and in the summer is actually a pretty nice spot!!!
but winters are BRUTAL and come early there...
so gotta find a winter roost to go with Moscva!!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 08:17:19 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2019, 01:04:45 AM »
Krimster,

For once, Trench has a point.

The Brits get 1 year max visas and the application is 40 + pages, plus. ..lots of bloody nosey Q's about one's personal life.

There will be new 8 day e-visas available for most of Russia available to EU citizens in Jan… but NOT to Brits...

Poor 'ol Trench.....He hasn't got an Irish passport)

Still, Russian lass' can celebrate being 'Trench free' ))

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 06:08:33 AM by msmob »

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2019, 06:03:12 AM »
Mobe, you were almost nice to me there, almost :(

Krim, I guess you could always join our Oirish Blagger in Sochi for the winter. Apparently pretty warm that time of year, but then there's Mobe to out up with ;)

Online krimster2

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2019, 09:11:35 AM »
I’m the one who designed the cybersecurity for “moy organizatsiya”
my daughters made lovely powerpoint presentations in Russian explaining SHA256 encryption.

if I were a Russian citizen, I’d have a job title like director of informational security, but because I’m only a Permanent Resident I can ONLY just be a consultant and work “under the table”....
citizenship is about 3 years away for me....
THEN I will be eligible to serve on the boards of even state run companies!!
opportunities abound ALL OVER RUSSIA!!!
my daughter will get her Russian citizenship through marriage in a few more years...

the software engineers who work at one of my companies in Ukraine designed the encryption software for this system

all the world’s super computers working together for 10,000 years wouldn’t be able to break a single message that passes through this system, and every message, web page, phone call we get passes through this...

all data is stored on the encrypted server, even if someone gets your phone, there’s no data on the phone...

so yeah, SUPER ENCRYPTION and DIGITAL CURRENCY...
I will end up selling over 4 million USD of bitcoin mining cards by EOY, and hopefully double that next year, this is why I’m GETTING THE BOAT next summer and using a FAST boat as my sales platform with caviar and champagne served by models...

Trench Sochi has about the same temps as Sevastopol, so not as BAD as Moscow, but still COLD for about 3 months....
Yalta lets you squeeze out a few degrees warmer in the winter than Sochi or Sevastopol, cuz the mountains block the cold air coming from the North
and especially if you live right ON the beach as close to the Chorny Moira as possible!
it would be tolerable, for me....
but I plan on spending my winters in Costa Rica...

oh and BTW, my advice is to AVOID all "ex-pats" in Russia or Ukraine, stay as far away from them as possible...
when you get more experience yourself, you'll understand...
but to me they're like plague carriers...

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 09:24:44 AM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2019, 10:55:19 AM »
Hey Krimster ..

I love a challenge ..

I have a team of white hackers who can test your network security  ;)

Online krimster2

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2019, 02:03:06 PM »
bella V. chorny
you SO funny, I laugh long time!
like we let outsiders do penetration testing....
no! we have other GRU groups for that sorta ROUTINE stuff!!!
ya think we're a buncha rookies over here?
don't let Bletchley Park go to your head mate....

banks used to be essential to organized crime
now blockchain and cryptocurrency is!!!
this is my message to the world!!
even Aval is knockin' on my door now!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2019, 03:20:46 PM »

I come to RWD for all my cybersecurity and hacking tips. Anybody here been in Trump's secret server and if so, how did you do it and what did you find?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2019, 06:57:12 PM »
bella V. chorny
you SO funny, I laugh long time!
like we let outsiders do penetration testing....
no! we have other GRU groups for that sorta ROUTINE stuff!!!
ya think we're a buncha rookies over here?
don't let Bletchley Park go to your head mate....

banks used to be essential to organized crime
now blockchain and cryptocurrency is!!!
this is my message to the world!!
even Aval is knockin' on my door now!

Our Mobe is from Northern Ireland, 'he knows where you live' ;D lol

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2019, 07:03:59 PM »
Krimster,

For once, Trench has a point.

The Brits get 1 year max visas and the application is 40 + pages, plus. ..lots of bloody nosey Q's about one's personal life.

There will be new 8 day e-visas available for most of Russia available to EU citizens in Jan… but NOT to Brits...

Poor 'ol Trench.....He hasn't got an Irish passport)

Still, Russian lass' can celebrate being 'Trench free' ))

I could get an Irish passport though if I bought a place in Ireland and waited a couple of years or so to claim citizenship ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1884
Total: 1896

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM