It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Keeping Records- How Long?  (Read 1947 times)

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Keeping Records- How Long?
« on: September 02, 2012, 09:15:53 AM »
In a few months I will be going through the removal of conditions for my wife. I have kept all the forms and docs as we went from step to step and I am wondering if it is necessary to keep all this information. For example, will I ever need my 129 form again? Things like that. What did you do?
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline Goombah

Re: Keeping Records- How Long?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:36:59 AM »
Keep everything until she is a US Citizen.  We ended up needing most of our docs when I adopted her daughter.  Both had permanent green cards.  We had a court order of adoptions, and the Social Security Administration required her to have a passport in order to get a name change.  Passport authority required most of what we had.  Letters of welcome, photocopies of her green card - none were sufficient for them.  They did ask us to send in her physical green card, which we refused to do.  We eventually sent them everything the LAW required (its not much for an adopted child), including a print out of the law, and MY original birth certificate, her school records, etc.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »
If I remember correctly, I brought power bill, bank account, credit card, home mortgage, etc., to our interview. The interviewer didn't look at anything but asked us only one question: When is she due? And then she stamped a paper and wished us luck with the new baby.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Bruce

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »
Never throw out anything.    You never know when you will have to refer to an earlier form when you are filling out the next form.   You want the information to remain identical or run the risk of mixing up the idiots at our joy of an immigration system  :cluebat:
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 04:54:34 PM »
It doesn't take much room and would be very difficult to recreate if needed again.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1909
Total: 1920

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM