It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317161 times)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 12:34:06 PM »
Yes, I notice that she has economic 'success' but doesn't specifically mention that he has.

So perhaps a gold digger man.

Or maybe he is a FSUM looking for green card.

:ROFL:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 12:02:15 AM »
ML congrats to you and your ochka  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

as for teeth , i i had work done in ukraine , great work , great result and great price !!
no issues at all ,
it wasnt pre planned , just had a toothache while there, ended up getting  the root canal done

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline ML

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 09:50:07 PM »
We go to all the university women's basketball games.  Unlike the men's games which are sold out, there are plenty of great seats to women's games which usually attract less than 3,000 fans.  That's unless you happen to go to Connecticut or Tennessee games.

Anyway, the women coaches, assistant coaches, student helpers, etc.,  for some reason wear short skirts and 5-7 inch high heels.  I think they are trying to overcome a 'jock image' so they go overboard on the feminine thing.

Last night saw some really great looking legs on the gals who are usually  5' 9' and above.

Ochka appreciated the legs also and informed me that we must go to some theatrical plays so she can dress up and wear high heels.  We had gone quite a bit in previous years, but for some reason have slacked off this past half year or so.

Had to go out today to buy tickets to two touring Broadway plays.
Tickets are $60-90 apiece.  What do such cost right on Broadway in NYC?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 08:16:26 AM »
We go to all the university women's basketball games.  Unlike the men's games which are sold out, there are plenty of great seats to women's games which usually attract less than 3,000 fans.  That's unless you happen to go to Connecticut or Tennessee games.

Anyway, the women coaches, assistant coaches, student helpers, etc.,  for some reason wear short skirts and 5-7 inch high heels.  I think they are trying to overcome a 'jock image' so they go overboard on the feminine thing.

Last night saw some really great looking legs on the gals who are usually  5' 9' and above.

Ochka appreciated the legs also and informed me that we must go to some theatrical plays so she can dress up and wear high heels.  We had gone quite a bit in previous years, but for some reason have slacked off this past half year or so.

Had to go out today to buy tickets to two touring Broadway plays.
Tickets are $60-90 apiece.  What do such cost right on Broadway in NYC?

On Broadway $250-up
Off Broadway $75-$350

Offline Muzh

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 09:46:38 AM »
On Broadway $250-up
Off Broadway $75-$350

Well, it depends if it is a hot show. I've seen tickets for under $125.

Try Travelzoo.com Somtimes they have good deals.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline ML

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 09:39:26 AM »
I finally got the AOS (adjustment of status) packet mailed off yesterday.

Forms:

• G-1145, e-Notification
• I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, related forms  and evidence
• G-325A, Biographic Information for each
• I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, related forms and evidence
• I-693 Report of Medical Exam and Vaccination Record
• I-864, Affidavit of Support, related forms and evidence
• I-131, Application for Travel Document, related forms and evidence
• I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, related forms and evidence

107 pages in total and weighing nearly 2 pounds.

Costs:

I-130  $   420
I-485  $1,070
Medical  $270
Copying  $56
FedEx     $59

Value of a hot chick . . . priceless
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2015, 09:41:35 AM »
I finally got the AOS (adjustment of status) packet mailed off yesterday.

Forms:

• G-1145, e-Notification
• I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, related forms  and evidence
• G-325A, Biographic Information for each
• I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, related forms and evidence
• I-693 Report of Medical Exam and Vaccination Record
• I-864, Affidavit of Support, related forms and evidence
• I-131, Application for Travel Document, related forms and evidence
• I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, related forms and evidence

107 pages in total and weighing nearly 2 pounds.

Costs:

I-130  $   420
I-485  $1,070
Medical  $270
Copying  $56
FedEx     $59

Value of a hot chick . . . priceless

Who are you trying to kid?  You made her pay for it, didn't you?   :P

Offline ML

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 09:59:41 PM »
Yes, she should pay.

She has a job; I don't have a job.

Offline ML

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »
This evening, Ochka called out to me that our meal was nearly ready.

I walked into the kitchen to view this.

I said:  "What the Helsinki are you doing dressed like that . . . we never mentioned this would be anything special?"

She said: "No, but I just like to do things special for you and look good for you?"

What a Gal !

I love this about (many) Ukrainian women.  They are not afraid to admit that they dress for their man.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 08:59:48 PM »

I said:  "What the Helsinki are you doing dressed like that . . . we never mentioned this would be anything special?"

She said: "No, but I just like to do things special for you and look good for you?"

What a Gal !

I love this about (many) Ukrainian women.  They are not afraid to admit that they dress for their man.

I am also surprised sometimes by the same thing.  They do it out of love.  She also reminds me when I sit down to eat "Prepared with love".

It's great that they dress nicely, even if it's to go to the local grocery store. 

Larissa noticed that you have the same pots and pans as we do.  These women never miss a detail.     :)
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ML

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 09:17:22 PM »
Drove into the big city today for Ochka's appointment at USCIS.

Finger printing and photo for her AOS process.

In a month or so, should receive her second EAD/AP combo card which will be good for a year or until her Green Card arrives, which ever is first.  She already has an EAD card for the F-1 OPT program.

Interview appointment will probably come in 2-3 months if 'normal' is encountered.

Offline ML

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2015, 09:40:25 AM »
Good thing that we had the appointment for yesterday.

A foot of snow here today, and still coming  down.

Offline jone

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2015, 09:54:48 AM »
Krap. 

I'm flying into Chicago today and heading North.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2015, 10:18:43 AM »

What a Gal !

The last time the average AW looked like that in the kitchen and had that attitude was 1950.   ;)

Offline ML

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2015, 09:07:56 PM »
Big excitement here.

We have a couple of very big piles of top soil up in a nearby field.  When I put in new road last year for 4 new houses, this topsoil came off the road before gravel and blacktop went down.

These piles now overgrown with long orchard grass, some weeds, etc.  Dead and dried out now, of course.

Ochka wanted me to have a guy bring down some loads to expand a garden  area.  But she wanted to burn off the dead grass, weeds, etc., first.

I told her it would be dangerous because the surrounding field also had this dried grass.

She said,  "no, no . . . we will watch, it will be OK."

So against my better judgement I let her start a fire.

But sure enough, a little wind came and soon we had a heap of trouble on our hands.

It spread over about a quarter acre before I could get some shovels and water to get it stopped.  And luckily, a rain started then so we didn't have to worry about a restart.

Neighbors came and said they should call fire dept.  But I said no; as I think that might have cost $2-3,000, plus a fine for burning without permit, or in wrong season, or something.  But for awhile, I was scared sheeeeetless.

If it had gone another eighth of mile, it would have been into my woods.

I don't want Ochka to think that I am too controlling, so I sometimes let her have her way, even when my experience (in an area) is greater than hers.  Could have been a huge disaster this time.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2015, 10:10:51 PM »
Big excitement here.

We have a couple of very big piles of top soil up in a nearby field.  When I put in new road last year for 4 new houses, this topsoil came off the road before gravel and blacktop went down.

These piles now overgrown with long orchard grass, some weeds, etc.  Dead and dried out now, of course.

Ochka wanted me to have a guy bring down some loads to expand a garden  area.  But she wanted to burn off the dead grass, weeds, etc., first.

I told her it would be dangerous because the surrounding field also had this dried grass.

She said,  "no, no . . . we will watch, it will be OK."

So against my better judgement I let her start a fire.

But sure enough, a little wind came and soon we had a heap of trouble on our hands.

It spread over about a quarter acre before I could get some shovels and water to get it stopped.  And luckily, a rain started then so we didn't have to worry about a restart.

Neighbors came and said they should call fire dept.  But I said no; as I think that might have cost $2-3,000, plus a fine for burning without permit, or in wrong season, or something.  But for awhile, I was scared sheeeeetless.

I don't want Ochka to think that I am too controlling, so I sometimes let her have her way, even when my experience (in an area) is greater than hers.  Could have been a huge disaster this time.

Sounds to me like you got very lucky, and I'm happy to hear that.  However next time hopefully you will wear the pants and be the "real man" who is firm about what needs to be done.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2015, 10:39:24 PM »
One of the changes I have made in this marriage is to not sweat the small stuff.  Rather than argue about something,  I let her go ahead and do her thing as long as it does not look like it will be a disaster.   :)   Something like letting your kids make mistakes and learning from them.  Less friction and more lovin.

In this case it looks like you stretched the envelope.   ;D
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2015, 10:49:42 PM »
It spread over about a quarter acre before I could get some shovels and water to get it stopped. 

Should've had that stuff ready to start with. Creating fire breaks with the shovels or equipment and anything to put out fire should be at the scene. Who knows how bad it could've been? We might have seen you and Ochka on national news explaining how preparing for a garden ended up burning a few hundred thousand acres!

I keep always keep my wood a safe distance from fire too.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2015, 08:46:46 PM »
Here is a little of what a Ukrainian wife can do for you.

I went from earning some pretty good wages as an independent consultant to earning no wages. 

Why . . . well helping her with English classes for a year, then doing grading and posting of grades for her GTA assignment and now more of same for her instructor position.

And now I am doing more unpaid work.  We had a very small garden for 4 years, but now Ochka has decided we need to get more serious about it.

So, while she is off teaching, I got the job of enlarging the garden space about 5 fold.  Had to take down the existing fence, posts and all, and move out of way.

Had a guy with a backhoe working on a parcel I have for sale, so he came down and loosened up the soil, took out a few very big rocks, dug out a stump, etc.

What thanks did I get when Ochka came home?
You didn't take care to dig up some strawberry plants that were there!!!!!
I didn't even see them or know they were there.

Now, I have to round up someone with rather large tiller or . . . OMG . . . rent one and do myself.

And I was told that chemical fertilizer would not do, and I must find some cow manure.

Get much more fencing, more posts, install the new fence, etc., etc.

This ain't an easy life . . .

All I get out of it is having a smug look on my face when we are out in public and other guys are thinking . . . why the fock does he get to have her!

Offline calmissile

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2015, 10:04:21 PM »
LMAO ;D   Sort of in the same boat here.   Just finished planting tomatoes.  Add in working full time, taxi to piano lessons, ballet lessons, ESL classes, swimming lessons (soon), repairing the cars, etc.

Unfortunately, we are so busy we rarely have time to go out anymore.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline cc3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2015, 10:10:45 AM »
Carless and landless European urban lifestyle in Lviv is seeming better and better than my decades of typical suburban American existence.

:thumbsup:

Offline ML

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2015, 11:40:27 AM »
Ochka continues to be amazed at the difference between FSU and USA with respect to people who have money . . . a lot of money.

In our local community are probably 6 families who are multimillionaires, some really huge.

One such man died a couple of years ago.  He had started a firm 40 or so years ago which grew to several plants across USA and even has some foreign plants.

Don't know for sure, but based on their contributions of $20 million to business college and $50 million to local hospital, I would think they were worth $200 million or more.

We saw his widow (early 60s) at a theatrical performance last year and Ochka remarked how such a person in Ukraine would probably be surrounded by guards and acting very self-important.

Just today, we saw her in WalMart . . . yes WalMart! . . . by herself browsing through the fresh fruit section.  I spoke to her with chit chat about how hard it was raining outside.  She smiled and said, "Yes, I was hoping to do some garden planting, so need the rain to stop."

As we walked on Ochka just looked at me with her mouth agape in amazement.  A multi-multi-multi millionaire in WalMart and talking about planting a garden!!

Offline jone

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »
ML,

Did you tell her that the majority of millionaires in the United States drive pick-up trucks?  She might get a kick out of that - and it is true. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2015, 09:11:50 PM »

Just today, we saw her in WalMart . . . yes WalMart! . . .

She got money because she knows how to spend it and invest it. I hope she's enjoying life though. Work to live, not live to work.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Welder

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2015, 06:18:33 AM »
Nice thread ML, very cool to read funny everyday life stuff. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2003
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1991
Total: 2001

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM