It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How to deal with a girl that doesn't write good English?  (Read 35231 times)

Offline treadmilldude

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
How to deal with a girl that doesn't write good English?
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2016, 08:20:54 AM »
Moby, that is a very good picture of you. You look very handsome, lean and trim! SC is a lucky woman for sure.

I wonder if I should bring a nice suit and tie with me to Minsk? If I look as good as you do, Moby, I would probably impress some of the women there.

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2016, 08:48:18 AM »
TMD :D

your compliment is noted. Thank you ...

SC hasn't seen me - in reality - in this DJ - or 'Tux' as I believe they may be called t'other side of the pond.

For sure - dressing up smart - is a good move...

SC met me at the airport for our first meeting and I was wearing a business suit, silk tie, good leather British-made brogues....

I believe in buying good clothes, infrequently. The 'Tux' was bought in December 1990...The pink bow tie and braces on Saturday 30th July 2016.

The Black shoes are British made Brogues.... they last forever and don't really go out of fashion

Ed, I'll be in all day tomorrow.

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2016, 08:48:43 AM »
Clothing is more important in FSU than in the west.
You don't need a tie but definitively you have to make some effort if you are not elegant or trendy.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2016, 08:56:02 AM »
You don't need a tie but definitively you have to make some effort if you are not elegant or trendy.

I disagree about the tie.... as long as it is not too hot... I am a British / Irish guy...when I dress up - I wear a suit and tie.

Rare would be the woman - who doesn't appreciate the effort. It's the man equiv of the ''little black dress'' - if one can still - just - carry it off ... ;)

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2016, 08:56:22 AM »
I'm sorry 'baby' - not been in SE England..was involved in three weeks preparation for a 5Oth anniversary do..and a building project.

Will be much more communicative xx

90s are back in style, so your tux looks fresh! ;-) Would love to hear some news from you!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 10:32:11 AM by Eduard »
realrussianmatch.com

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2016, 09:26:31 AM »
Here's some 'news' - don't write for a fashion journal  :D

The DJ/Tux - never goes out of fashion ..Wear infrequently to remind her you can 'brush up well''  :P

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2016, 09:34:17 AM »
Moby, you should be proud of yourself that you can still fit into a suit you purchased 26 years ago. I know a llllloooootttttt of Men who could not come close to still being able to wear a suit they once could 26 years ago. It's a shame. I take it you try to eat healthy, do not smoke, do not abuse alcohol, get plenty of sleep, and you have a gym membership, which you use regularly? I bet my guess is right on the money.

I had not even really thought about taking a Minsk woman out to eat at a very very nice 5 star restaurant. But Minsk is known for having some very expensive, nice eateries.

Source: Numbeo.com www.numbeo.com   Average cost for Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course in Lviv: $11 US !! Eleven bucks in Lviv!! Crazy cheap!!   Average Cost for Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course in Minsk: $30

I have done comparisons of the cost of living in various FSU cities. Minsk has one of the highest cost of living, but especially their restaurant prices are practically the highest. For such a low income country (average monthly salary nationwide after tax is about $305. average monthly salary after tax in Minsk is about $365 per month), Minsk really does have abnormally high restaurant prices (and as such, several women from Minsk have told me straight up they cannot afford to eat out at nice restaurants, they simply cook at home). Hopefully, this will translate into really high quality restaurants in Minsk. Either that, or mediocre restaurants that are overpriced.

Your advice is well appreciated, Moby. I will take one of my better suit and ties with me to Minsk. And I will take the woman out to a 5 star restaurant a couple of times.

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2016, 09:42:34 AM »
Eduard, it is very nice to see you posting. I had a nice chat with Manny from RUA awhile back, and he told he met you in person in Florida. He said he and his Wife met you and your Wife and spent some time with ya'll in Florida. Manny told me you are a genuinely good guy, very honest, Eduard, and he recommends your services to me and any other member who wants to go that route in their search for a FSU Woman.

Just thought you might be pleased to know you received some positive feedback, Eduard.  :) 

Offline GatoMoon

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2016, 09:49:26 AM »
So on this site I'm on Mamba, I find I am getting the odd girl who's written English to me is not that great.

My type of woman lol

Reading their 'broken' English is no problem for me, as I've got many deaf friends whose English are far worse than me. 

Would you understand if someone wrote:  "  Me car fast drive shopping "  ?   I would.

Try to learn her language if you really want to know her better.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2016, 10:34:02 AM »
Here's some 'news' - don't write for a fashion journal  :D

The DJ/Tux - never goes out of fashion ..Wear infrequently to remind her you can 'brush up well''  :P
LOL, what did I say?? That's the truth - 90s are back in style!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Eduard

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »
Eduard, it is very nice to see you posting. I had a nice chat with Manny from RUA awhile back, and he told he met you in person in Florida. He said he and his Wife met you and your Wife and spent some time with ya'll in Florida. Manny told me you are a genuinely good guy, very honest, Eduard, and he recommends your services to me and any other member who wants to go that route in their search for a FSU Woman.

Just thought you might be pleased to know you received some positive feedback, Eduard.  :)
Hi, thank you for saying that!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2016, 11:05:41 AM »
Moby, you should be proud of yourself that you can still fit into a suit you purchased 26 years ago. I know a llllloooootttttt of Men who could not come close to still being able to wear a suit they once could 26 years ago. It's a shame. I take it you try to eat healthy, do not smoke, do not abuse alcohol, get plenty of sleep, and you have a gym membership, which you use regularly? I bet my guess is right on the money.

Do not take up gambling... ;D

I detest Gyms...I lead an active life - competing against young men less than half my age in a Laser sail-boat..sometimes I still show 'em how it's done.

I have eaten VERY badly in SC's absence ...Partaking of lot's of wine / champagne...but I've learn beer is bad for my 'belly'

I had not even really thought about taking a Minsk woman out to eat at a very very nice 5 star restaurant. But Minsk is known for having some very expensive, nice eateries.

I didn't suggest such ...You could cook her a fine meal at your apartment..  I don't find posh restaurants very romantic -

I have done comparisons of the cost of living in various FSU cities. Minsk has one of the highest cost of living, but especially their restaurant prices are practically the highest. For such a low income country (average monthly salary nationwide after tax is about $305. average monthly salary after tax in Minsk is about $365 per month), Minsk really does have abnormally high restaurant prices (and as such, several women from Minsk have told me straight up they cannot afford to eat out at nice restaurants, they simply cook at home). Hopefully, this will translate into really high quality restaurants in Minsk. Either that, or mediocre restaurants that are overpriced.

Your advice is well appreciated, Moby. I will take one of my better suit and ties with me to Minsk. And I will take the woman out to a 5 star restaurant a couple of times.

Please do not 'credit' me with suggesting what I haven't ..many of the folk eating at these expensive places will be cronies of the dictator / clown running the show in Belarus..

I am no fan of 'President' Luka should go..

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2016, 11:08:52 AM »
Hi, thank you for saying that!

;D

A 'recommendation' from Manny...is that 'good' ... ?  However, in this case I'd concur with his opinion.

Offline ML

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2016, 12:47:41 PM »

I didn't make much effort.  I'm always more interested in casual comfort.  Didn't bother 95% of the women.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2016, 09:53:06 PM »
The bigger question is: How to deal with a man that doesn't write good English? And there are plenty of those out there! LOL
realrussianmatch.com

Offline BillyB

« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »
The bigger question is: How to deal with a man that doesn't write good English? And there are plenty of those out there! LOL

ain't dat da truth. many guys r disrespectin wimmen by not usin proper english. some guys come hear typin words like dey text mssging. try crunching that crap thru a translator. dem wimmen be thinkin we undeducated. sometimes I come hear to da forum typin fast. sometimes I be typin and stepping away from da keyboard and return to type again with words not blending in good with words i typed before. i dont spel chek and later when re readin what I wrote I see I make mistakes. u guys must think im dum sometimes. i dont give you guys da respect but for da wimmen, i give dem more attention by making sure my grammer is correct. dats Y dey luv me.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2016, 10:39:48 PM »
ain't dat da truth. many guys r disrespectin wimmen by not usin proper english. some guys come hear typin words like dey text mssging. try crunching that crap thru a translator. dem wimmen be thinkin we undeducated. sometimes I come hear to da forum typin fast. sometimes I be typin and stepping away from da keyboard and return to type again with words not blending in good with words i typed before. i dont spel chek and later when re readin what I wrote I see I make mistakes. u guys must think im dum sometimes. i dont give you guys da respect but for da wimmen, i give dem more attention by making sure my grammer is correct. dats Y dey luv me.
LOL, I've seen much worse!
realrussianmatch.com

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2016, 10:55:26 AM »
The bigger question is: How to deal with a manwoman that doesn't write good English? And there are plenty of those out there! LOL

I changed Eduards post from Men to women. For men I recommend that you try as
hard as you can. It's better in my opinion to write simple and correct than wordy and
with mistakes. Proof your letters, you don't want girls to think you are uneducated. 

Regarding pursuing women who don't speak English

It's been my experience that for unimportant chat google translate is ok, (there will
still be many misunderstandings) but there is nothing like an experienced and talented
translator to facilitate communication.

You can hire an English student from the local university on the cheap but she won't
have a solid grasp of English and who knows what her goals or agenda are. I've hired
professional translators before including Stirlitz, Anastassia Ashe, Pavel and Sally
(not her real name) a mutual friend of mine, jumper and Larry (she did the translating
for free).

I can say that having your own professional translator, who is working on your behalf
and is onboard with your agenda is infinitely better than a Uni student and I wouldn't
even consider using an agency translator except for directions to the park or theater.

With an agency translator you are risking that their goal is to help you rather than
separate you from your money. Even if their heart is pure, one of the girls you meet
might be their favorite and they could try to steer you away from the others or the
others away from you.

In my opinion, you need a translator on your side who is working on your behalf.
This will cost you more money but if you are going to pursue a girl without good
English but you need to suck it up and spend it.

In the next post I will give my opinion on the pros and cons of English vs
non English

Udachi!

Bill

PS. I've never hired Eduard but I've interacted with him online and talked to him
on the phone and would recommend his services for anyone who needs a pro.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:08:14 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2016, 11:28:04 AM »
The advantages of a girl with good English are that you can communicate with her
which you absolutely need to be able to do before you get engaged.

The disadvantages of seeking only a girl with good English is that you limit the
number of girls in your search. There are 9 girls who have poor English for every
girl with good English. Most girls study English in school but it goes away very quickly
once they stop practicing.

There are a 101 problems with a girl who can't speak English or a common language.
The biggest being you will require more time, more energy, more trips, more resources
and more patience, while she learns English. YOU DON"T marry a girl you can't
communicate with. She has to learn it and that's that. You could learn fluent Russian
but you probably won't and she would still have to learn English.

Everything will be harder and this process isn't that easy to begin with.
You will have arguments from her misunderstanding what you said. That
will happen regardless but it will happen far more.

She will need to learn English while you develop your relationship. If you find
the right girl she will do it, but you need to find the right girl. You will need
to take your time. The separation is very difficult, and absolutely you need to
stay on top of things and continue building the relationship. You can't do this
in months, this will take a couple of years or more.

I will write more thoughts on this, but I am out of time for now.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:33:14 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2016, 11:43:55 AM »
The advantages of a girl with good English are that you can communicate with her

The disadvantages of seeking only a girl with good English is that you limit the
number of girls in your search. There are 9 girls who have poor English for every
girl with good English. Most girls study English in school but it goes away very quickly

There are a 101 problems with a girl who can't speak English or a common language.
The biggest being you will require more time, more energy, more trips, more resources
and more patience, while she learns English. YOU DON"T marry a girl you can't
communicate with. She has to learn it and that's that. You could learn fluent Russian
but you probably won't and she would still have to learn English.

Everything will be harder and this process isn't that easy to begin with.
You will have arguments from her misunderstanding what you said. That
will happen regardless but it will happen far more.

She will need to learn English while you develop your relationship. If you find
the right girl she will do it, but you need to find the right girl. You will need
to take your time. The separation is very difficult, and absolutely you need to
stay on top of things and continue building the relationship. You can't do this
in months, this will take a couple of years or more.

I will write more thoughts on this, but I am out of time for now.

Thanks, 2tallbill, this seems solid advice, handy for us all to know, since as you rightfully say it could make it even more difficult if she does not know English getting to a point where she can communicate well in English. Long lengths of time at this would not be great for me so cutting it down with a girls that speaks English makes sense.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Eduard

« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2016, 01:02:47 PM »

Firstly thanks for your kind words about me, Bill!
I totally agree with your point that when you only search for women with decent English you limit your options tremendously.
Guys who hire me usually also ask me to search for women with decent English skills and I always recommend that they don't limit themselves doing that. With my help they are able to communicate completely language barrier free, so in the beginning stages the level of their English doesn't matter at all. But we have so many women to chose from!

You see, this is what usually happens: They communicate without the language barrier until it's time to meet. When they meet they usually figure out in a day or two if the chemistry is there. I translate for them and when they just want to be alone I mysteriously disappear but only a phone call away if they need my help. Normally they already know each other quite well before we travel there for the meeting. So If the chemistry is there they don't need to talk much if you get my drift ;-)

Obviously when things work out they will need to communicate about deeper issues and plan for the future and I am there to help them.
Now what happens is that the woman starts having feelings for the guy, she now believes that this is real and things may actually work out (most women don't take it very seriously until this point). This is a powerful incentive for her to learn English and you will be amazed how quickly she will go from knowing 10 or 20 words to intermediate. In 3 or 4 months she will speak English just as well as those women you (and hundreds of other WM) are trying to contact because of their English skills. The difference is that you had a much larger pool of women to pick from and that you already ARE in a real physical relationship with her, therefore you are light years ahead of all those other guys searching.

Bill is absolutely correct, the only thing I feel that it's more like one in 30 or 40 women who has good English skills, not one in ten. If they are real young then the odds are much better and it may be 1 in 10 then, but they are not marriage material IME.
realrussianmatch.com

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2016, 05:30:11 PM »
Thanks, 2tallbill, this seems solid advice, handy for us all to know, since as you rightfully say it could make it even more difficult if she does not know English getting to a point where she can communicate well in English. Long lengths of time at this would not be great for me so cutting it down with a girls that speaks English makes sense.

I really think that most men try to move too fast. They don't spend the time they need
to really get to know a girl. Many guys make one or two trips and start filing the paper
work because of the time at the back end and they are excited to move forward. In
my opinion this is a mistake.

I agree with Eduard a good girl who is motivated with a solid University Education can
pick up a solid amount of English pretty quickly. They studied it for 3-4 years in school
then probably two years at the University. Since they never practice it they forget it
and are terribly shy and insecure about their abilities.

Suddenly they think that they've found a candidate to spend the rest of their life with
and they will study like crazy and the old lessons start coming back to them and they
have somebody to practice with each day.

Also you will be able to understand her far better than others. Her accent won't seem
so heavy to you and you will understand her poor pronunciation. Your next door
neighbor won't understand a word out of her mouth, but you will.

It's like a toddler who seems to be speaking jibberish until his mother tells you
what he said.

I encourage even the guys who meet up with English teachers to spend the additional
time getting to know them. Guys like you who are in Europe can easily make many
trips and even pop over for 3 or 4 day weekends and such.

Those of us in North America or the lads in Oz and the Kiwi's should still spend at
least a year and multiple trips with boots on the ground getting to know the girl
inside and out. You should know at least 50 things that gross her out. If you know
only 49 then you haven't asked her enough questions. You should know her opinions
on everything from discipline of children to what foods make her fart. You should
know at least 25 of her deeply held opinions on breast feeding and 10 opinions that
on breast feeding that she could go either way with.

You should know at least a 20 things that she is afraid of and at least 20 movies she
cries like a baby watching. What's her opinion on things that need to be kept in the
refrigerator vs the cupboards? What is topic is off limits in her opinion while arguing?
What foods would she miss the most? what is her opinion on toothpaste tube rolling,
or the toilet paper roll? or the toilet seat?

You should be able to look at the menu and have a pretty good guess about what
her top ten selections would be along with her bottom ten selections. The riskiest
thing that men do in this venture is marrying a girl they don't know well enough and
not the scams, tricks or deceptions.

ABOVE all if you start seeing red flags or she starts with excuses, you HAVE TO DUMP
HER!!!! GOOD GIRLS FIND A WAY, BAD GIRLS MAKE EXCUSES!

So finding a girl without good English isn't the risk if a guy is willing to spend the
time, effort and resources getting to know the girl before getting engaged.

That's my opinion,

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2016, 05:35:07 PM »
You should know at least a 20 things that she is afraid of and at least 20 movies she cries like a baby watching. What's her opinion on things that need to be kept in the refrigerator vs the cupboards? What is topic is off limits in her opinion while arguing? What foods would she miss the most? what is her opinion on toothpaste tube rolling, or the toilet paper roll? or the toilet seat? You should be able to look at the menu and have a pretty good guess about what her top ten selections would be along with her bottom ten selections. The riskiest thing that men do in this venture is marrying a girl they don't know well enough and not the scams, tricks or deceptions.

Hmm, I don't think my husband could answer any of those things about me now.   Even the menu would be largely dependent on my mood.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:36:58 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2016, 05:42:23 PM »
Bill is absolutely correct, the only thing I feel that it's more like one in 30 or 40 women who has good English skills, not one in ten. If they are real young then the odds are much better and it may be 1 in 10 then, but they are not marriage material IME.

You are probably right about the ratio. Whether the number is ten fold or thirty fold
the point is that there is a VASTLY greater amount of FSUW who don't have strong
English.

However, the guys can't take shortcuts with these girls or they are playing with
fire, liquid oxygen and nitroglycerin while blind folded and tap dancing in roller
skates down the escalator while drunk.

That's my opinion

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2016, 05:47:41 PM »
...You should know at least 50 things that gross her out. If you know only 49 then you haven't asked her enough questions. You should know her opinions on everything from discipline of children to what foods make her fart. You should know at least 25 of her deeply held opinions on breast feeding and 10 opinions that on breast feeding that she could go either way with.

You should know at least a 20 things that she is afraid of and at least 20 movies she cries like a baby watching. What's her opinion on things that need to be kept in the refrigerator vs the cupboards? What is topic is off limits in her opinion while arguing? What foods would she miss the most? what is her opinion on toothpaste tube rolling, or the toilet paper roll? or the toilet seat?

You should be able to look at the menu and have a pretty good guess about what her top ten selections would be along with her bottom ten selections.

This is obviously where my first marriage went wrong. :D  Apart from breast-feeding (we didn't have any children) and the menu, I think that we would both have struggled to answer more than half of what you've stipulated.

Just out of interest, Bill, can you truly say that you've qualified in each of these with Angel Eyes?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541541
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1637
Most Online Ever: 12701