It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Borispol Immigration & Customs  (Read 1952 times)

Offline downunder

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Borispol Immigration & Customs
« on: August 02, 2012, 06:57:11 PM »
Heading back to Ukraine with the Ukrainian wife in a couple of weeks  :)  Last time I was there was 9 years ago so I am wondering how are Borispol's Immigration & Customs proceedures these days ?

Previously I have never had any trouble at Borispol and as I remember it one used to front up to Immigration first, go through, collect one's bags, fill out the Custom's declaration then front up to Customs then out. ( pretty much straight forward except for the waiting in lines bit  :(  )

I have my visa, and no registration is required although I seem to remember a strip of paper with ads on it one had to fill out and keep ?  :-\  Do they still have this ?

Any info / changes on Borispols Immigration & Customs proceedures these days would be greatly appreciated. ( as they say forwarned is forarmed  ;D )

Many thanks,

Downunder

Home is the hunter from the hills. The sailor from the sea.

Offline Handycam72

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Borispol Immigration & Customs
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:15:43 PM »
Well alot has happened in 9 years.
First Terminal B is now Domestic Only. Newish Terminal F is for UIA (Ukraine International Airlines) and the newly opened Terminal D is for International flights.
There is no bits of paper to fill in, it is just a case get passport stamped and get your bags.
Website for Borispol:
http://kbp.aero/en/passenger-services/
Its an opinion, don't get too crazy if you disagree :)

Offline JayH

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:41:16 AM »
Have you done this trip yet?  It should be simpler than it was 9 years ago--I only know what I have read prior to 2 years ago-- but in the time I have been going it is now not necessary to fill in any forms on arrival.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Klangfilm

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:33:10 AM »
I've just returned today from Kiev (terminal F).

No paperwork required, you get a  stamp in you're passport, take you're suitcase, put it trough x ray machine and step out.
Coming back was 30 min to get trough security and passport control (many people).

Offline downunder

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 04:17:24 AM »
Yes done the trip. Had a great time. Always find Ukraine way more interesting than other European countries. As stated by Klangfilm, get your passport / visa stamped, go to customs who didn't want to know us and showed us the Exit without checking anything.  :)  ( no forms either )

Leaving Borispol security is tight and they check you out pretty well, which is good to see. New terminal is good and it's something Borispol needed years ago.

Cheers,

Downunder
Home is the hunter from the hills. The sailor from the sea.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1954
Total: 1963

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM