It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukranian trip report for friend.  (Read 33394 times)

Offline prince_alfie

• Welcome to the Iao PROJECTS, my art gallery.
Ukranian trip report for friend.
« on: February 23, 2007, 10:30:07 AM »
Looks like my friend just returned back Kiev. Not quite disappointed although his expectations for getting the K-1 visa was a little too high. Seems like L has a high level of interest in him but she wants to wait things out a little. In fact, she is planning to visit New York City on my friend's birthday (5/30) this year. That's not a long time at all.

Of course, the K-1 process wasn't something I was expecting even though he was. I could discern a little bit of disappointment but he is standing firm by her side and wants to be patient doing whatever it takes to be with her.

Conclusions:

The restaurants in Kiev apparently are fairly mediocre according to him. He said that it wasn't cheaper and about the same price as the US. He isn't a big eater.

He said that being in Kiev wasn't anything different from being in New York City at all except for the language. He said that a subway token is only 50 kopecs, much cheaper than the $2 fare in NYC Metro. Based on the exchange rate of 5 hyrivnas to 1 dollar, that made a trip on the Kiev subway only 10 cents. He went to a ballet at one of the opera houses. Watched a bunch of movies, and spending quite a bit of time looking at his family history on his macbook computer. He played the piano for her which was her source of entertainment.

Two main historical sites visited were: the National Cathedral in Kiev (downtown I think?) and Independence Square. They watched Eurovision 2005 DVD and turned out that she was an awesome singer accordingly. My friend was rather nervous but everything turned out fine. He spent a lot of time discussing Ukranian politics with her. Apparently some major politician over there was accused of gang rape. L said that it was major compared to the nothings of the former President Clinton. According to my friend E, they seem to be a lot more liberal over there which is perfect for him. Apparently seeing the Macbook excited L very much relative to her "boring" computer with XP + Ukrainian language.

She works in customer support (phone) for the consulate in Kiev so that was rather perfunctory, I suppose. Apparently there is some chemistry especially with the fact that both of them are good musicians, but E is realizing slowly that this isn't a process to be rushed and what not.

At least, L will be here in the States in a few months. And we will see how that goes?...

UPDATE:

Looks like L knows all about E very well including the more controversial aspects of his personality. She isn't ready to jump into anything however and L plans to visit here in NYC for his birthday.

I had a serious discussion about L with E when he got back but apparently, L is fairly happy with all of E's quirks. So I guess that matter is settled. But she isn't ready to jump into marriage yet and she had to stop E from talking or mentioning engagement until she felt psychologically ready.

The ending is that L plans to visit E in late May when she wants to surprise him for his birthday. I guess that I will be booking my tickets out to NYC for an early summer trip accordingly.

Of course, I have no clue what's going to happen.

FURTHER UPDATE:

Also, it looks like my friend won't need to do the K-1 process at all. She has a visa that allows her to travel freely to various European countries so basically she won't have a problem traveling here to the States at all. After all, she does customer service at the Kiev consulate so things could be a lot easier.

So no K-1 process. E is thinking just let her come and whenever she wants to get married, then it happens I guess. Of course, first she inspects his lifestyle.
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline prince_alfie

Re: Ukranian trip report for friend.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 10:39:40 AM »
 Just a postscript:

Independence Square otherwise known as Maidan Nezalezhnosti is one of the prominent historical sites related to the founding of Kiev (legendary but who knows). It has remarkable statues and the column with the Archangel Mikhail is one of the masterly works of art that still remain over there.

The national cathedral is also known as St. Sophia Cathedral. It is one of the oldest cathedrals in the world and looks absolutely smashing in photos. Of course, my friend claims to be descended from Yaroslav I the Wise in his genealogical charts so that has to be rather interesting there. Nowadays it's a museum for visitors although efforts are headed to making this more for Orthodox services.

The Kiev opera house remains one of the finest cultural centers in the Ukraine. It is one block away from the Golden Gates. The performances are fairly good although it supposedly isn't quite the Met or La Scala.
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline Mir

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 10:51:43 AM »
Your friend is descended from Yaroslav the Wise? :)
Did he get a scraping of Yoroslav's bones from St. Sophia Cathedral? DNA tests may be able to prove his lineage:)

Offline prince_alfie

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 10:59:38 AM »
Your friend is descended from Yaroslav the Wise? :)
Did he get a scraping of Yoroslav's bones from St. Sophia Cathedral? DNA tests may be able to prove his lineage:)

I don't know but he has traced his family lineage very far back like about 12-15 generations I believe back to Clodius I in fact.

He's one of the foremost experts on family history that I know of. I don't know my own lineage beyond 2 generations even. :(
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 11:05:56 AM by prince_alfie »

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 11:11:34 AM »
he has traced his family lineage very far back like about 12-15 generations I believe back to Adam and Eve.He's one of the foremost experts on family history that I know of.
Oh yes, quite a feat, and very original, too ::).

Considering that today is the 5th of Adar, 5767 according to the Jewish calendar, he must either have ancestors with VERY long life spans or, more probably, his math is just as addled as the rest of his brain functions ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 11:16:46 AM »
prince_alfie, did you know that Independence Square is the location of the then called Lyndiski Gate (year 1240) , the location where the Mongol Tatars finally broke thru the magnificent fortress Kiev after 10 weeks in 4 days.

Offline jinx13

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 11:21:33 AM »
 His friend is also related to French royalty, you know the ones from Da Vinci Code?  :D  Which means he is also related to....Jesus!   :o  What a lucky girl, she found the Messiah!

Offline prince_alfie

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »
prince_alfie, did you know that Independence Square is the location of the then called Lyndiski Gate (year 1240) , the location where the Mongol Tatars finally broke thru the magnificent fortress Kiev after 10 weeks in 4 days.

Nice, actually I know that from my rudimentary understanding of history, Kiev was conquered so many times by invaders. Of course, they seem to be rather multicultural in many ways.

Any Tatar influence in Kiev nowadays?

Offline prince_alfie

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 11:22:40 AM »
His friend is also related to French royalty, you know the ones from Da Vinci Code?  :D  Which means he is also related to....Jesus!   :o  What a lucky girl, she found the Messiah!

Don't worry, aren't those ladies big on finding their Savior? :D

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 12:47:08 PM »
prince, not only is there Tatar influence in Kiev today, their are ladies who are actually Tatar's and many who will say they are half or quarter Tatar.

With reference to the times Kiev has been conquered, I believe this was the first time.  Although debated to be as early as late 600's, their is little debate that the Kievan Rus dynasty was in existence by the late 800's.  As such when the roaming Mongol Tatars invaded in 1240 it is believed to be Kiev's first invasion, and ohh what an invasion it was.

What is estimated to have been the 5th largest civilization at the time, the Kievan Rus dynasty ceased to exist in only a matter of days, yes days. The 5th largest civilization in the world was destroyed in a matter of only a few days. Of the estimated 50,000 inhabitants in the fortress at the time, only 1000 people escaped with there lives. Children, women, men, 49,000 people killed within a few days. Of 20,000 structures in this fortress, only two were left standing.

I have always wondered where Kiev would rank in the world today had this wonderful, growing, educated civilization, this dynasty, had not been destroyed over night.

It is my opinion that fathers in the year 1280, grandfathers in the year 1310, great-grandfathers in the year 1340 used to pass down to there children the magnificent stories about the "land of Rus".  Ohh, "when times were good" they must have told their children, who have passed these stories down to there children and there grandchildren and great grand-children.   The "Rus men".  The "Land of Rus".   And the story of the land of Rus, which stretched from just south of present day Kiev, to the little sleepy village Moscoviy to the second largest city of the Kievan Rus dynasty, Novogorod (just south of St. Petersburg)  was talked about in the 1400's and the 1500's.  Up until about the year 1548 when for the first time in history, the first time ever recorded in written chronicles, the word "Russia" appears during the time of the first Russian Czar.

I think the stories about the land of Rus, I think the stories about the Rus men, that was passed down from generation to generation after the fall of the Kievan Rus dynasty is where the name Russia came from. 

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 03:08:27 PM »
He was totally honest with her and they're still moving towards something permanent?

Let's see:

- He doesn't eat normal meals like a adult might be expected to do;
- He lives in a shared apartment and has no goals in the future to improve his financial status;
- He has a violent personality that once required the attendance of the police when he smashed up an apartment, and;
- His is fond of dressing in womens clothes for erotic satisfaction.

No one can tell me he truthfully disclosed this information to her OR any of the other twisted aspects of his life, and therefore his sickening attempt to "buy a wife" contines.

He would NEVER get a wife at home. I'm sure he thinks his citizenship would buy him a wife during his trip.  He's discovered the girls aren't so desperate to leave and I think he'll soon discover that his fantasy will remain unfulfilled. 

She's visiting?  He must either be very excited OR panicing while he tries to find a way to live up to the lies he told her.

I know our USA members have gripes about the new "International Dating Laws" (sorry, I don't know exactly what they're called) but listening to Alfie and learning about this Freak makes me wonder if FSU governments shouldn't be introducing Visas that require psychological assessments to protect it's citizens from the horrible quality of some individuals that make this trek.

I saw a few questionable characters while I was away, but I don't think any were in the league of Alfie or The Freak.

Alfie can't see it because he has become a part of the disgrace through his previous actions and delusion.

Alfie,  I won't put you on ignore because I'd hate you to think silence was some sort of endorsement.  Let's hope you never gather the money for a trip and L does visit and discovers you friend is a far inferior option to the men in Ukraine.

Kuna

Offline prince_alfie

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 02:59:45 PM »
Just updated with a recent photograph with E and L together and hope that helps.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/mkportal/modules/gallery/album/a_286.jpg

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 03:28:21 PM »
Damn~! she's ugly... Maybe they have a future together after all....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »

Alfie, I don't think your friend has told L everything since she is fine with his "quirks". Did he tell her he once tried to hypnotize a former GF and he want's a woman to treat him like a God?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline TexasBoar

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 06:35:47 PM »
Oh yes, quite a feat, and very original, too ::).

Considering that today is the 5th of Adar, 5767 according to the Jewish calendar, he must either have ancestors with VERY long life spans or, more probably, his math is just as addled as the rest of his brain functions ;D.

I so wanted to stay completely clear of this sad, tawdry debacle, but . . . well, heck, it's more surprisingly broad literacy from the inimitable Sandro.  I really enjoy these little diversions!  :)

Tracing one's ancestry back to "Adam & Eve" was actually de riguer for royal genealogies at one time, Sandro . . . but anyone seriously  an "expert on family history" knows those are largely fanciful, and that anything before the 12th Century CE is dubious at best.  Besides, if one were to take Jewish mythology literally, we ALL would be descended from A & E . . . wouldn't we?

In my own areas of interest, the Viking Age and Sagaic literature, royal dynasties are frequently traced back to our gods . . . not their little clay figurines.   ;)

The Swedish royal family genealogy, for example, extends back to Yngvi FreyR, the Teutonic god of fertility, whom I believe Saxo Grammaticus chronicled as an ancient king.  He may well have actually been, too---his burial mound is at Uppsala.  I've seen others tracing back to Odin, Tyr, and Thor. But the earliest I go with any confidence, personally, is the Great Roll of Normandy of 1180 CE . . . and even then, there are some sketchy periods between it and our reappearance on the Wirral peninsula, and Spayne's Hall at Great Yeldham in Essex, in the early 1400's.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled entertainment, and hope no children were injured in this unscheduled threadjack.  ;D

~Boar

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 07:17:39 PM »
I really enjoy these little diversions!  :)
Well ~Boar, you do mull things over rather carefully, considering my quoted post is from 2 weeks ago ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline TexasBoar

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »
Heh heh heh . . . I told you I was avoiding this thread!  ;)

~Boar

Offline Bruno

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 12:33:25 PM »

Back after 3 week without internet and my first post is for JB  :-*

First, you comment make me think that you are the type of guy who marry a "body", a "trophy wife"... Ok, she is not my type of lady... but i will never say that someone is ugly because she is not in my taste...

Second, you only see a picture... you know nothing about the woman... she have maybe the brain from Einstein, the hearth of Mother Terresa, etc... she can be a attractive woman in the whole...

At least, i don't think that anyone deserve a poor man in women clothes who eat only hotdog in his shared appartment... same a American oliphant from 200 kg don't deserve so guy's...

Offline prince_alfie

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 07:18:24 AM »
Looks like the relationship didn't work out. She broke up with him this weekend... more news at six.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 01:45:54 PM »
Looks like the relationship didn't work out. She broke up with him this weekend... more news at six.

Shocking! :o  Who would've guessed? Well Alfie, what was the dealbreaker for her? Will your friend destroy another apartment out of anger? Now this is the fourth fiancee who dumped him, 3 domestic and one foreign, will he go for another and will he look towards the FSU again? And finally, will your friend ask for a refund on the matchmaker service you provided?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Wayne B

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 02:35:19 PM »
  jb, time out for you Mr. not nice, I will have to tell my mother!

Offline Kuna

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 02:52:02 PM »
Shocking! :o  Who would've guessed? Well Alfie, what was the dealbreaker for her? Will your friend destroy another apartment out of anger? Now this is the fourth fiancee who dumped him, 3 domestic and one foreign, will he go for another and will he look towards the FSU again? And finally, will your friend ask for a refund on the matchmaker service you provided?

Maybe Alfie is a scam agency... hooking men up with pro-daters that suck the money out of them.

Alfie... shame on you... you'll end up on Jimslists now!

Offline BC

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 02:58:32 PM »
Alfie... shame on you... you'll end up on Jimslists now!

Shame?.. try 'Star' of the week.

Offline Wayne B

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 02:59:59 PM »

The restaurants in Kiev apparently are fairly mediocre according to him. He said that it wasn't cheaper and about the same price as the US. He isn't a big eater.

He said that being in Kiev wasn't anything different from being in New York City at all except for the language. He said that a subway token is only 50 kopecs, much cheaper than the $2 fare in NYC Metro. Based on the exchange rate of 5 hyrivnas to 1 dollar, that made a trip on the Kiev subway only 10 cents. He went to a ballet at one of the opera houses. Watched a bunch of movies, and spending quite a bit of time looking at his family history on his macbook computer. He played the piano for her which was her source of entertainment.

[/quote] Sorry for any feeling's that I may hurt hear but I have had more than one glass of krasnay vino... Kyiv is about 1500 yrs different than New York! Food in Kyev is quite different than American food in many way's. The most important thing here is that I have to defend my country everytime that I go to the Ukraine, because of arogant Yankee's from New York that do not have a clue about what is going on in the rest of the world >:(

Offline Bruno

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 03:12:02 PM »
Wayne B, calm down... maybe the guy is right... i am sure that the hotdog are better in New-york that in Kiev...

I am always surprised by these tourist who visit a foreign country and ask the same food that home in some restaurant... not surprising that they find the food bad...

Advice : always eat local when you visit a country... it will be cheaper and better taste that a copy of your home food !

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1887
Total: 1898

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM