It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Should I consider girls from Russia?  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Should I consider girls from Russia?
« on: July 18, 2018, 12:47:11 AM »
Well, just recently struck up a bit off messaging with a girl in Russia, she's in her mid thirties and pretty hot looking. However in doing so it kind of brought the thought to bear that do I really want to open myself up to girls in Russia. Essentially I have left my profile open for girls from wherever to apply to me as I prefer them to contact me rather than me contact them first.

Now while I will follow through with her to wherever it my or may not lead. Her contacting me brings to bear the practicalities of dating in Russia as opposed to Ukraine. Basically I would have the ordeal of keep having to get visas for Russia, I can get a business visa for a year for multiple entry but a year goes quick so if a girl turned out to be a good one I would have to get visas many times over most likely even on a yearly basis.

The visa process is not an easy one for me as I don't live in London. London is the nearest processing centre but it's far away enough for it to be a pain. Essentially train is the easiest way but it's at least a day out of my schedule, more if I stay over up there to collect it or go back to collect it. They use a real bad courier delivery service that I just don't trust. So it's all more added time and expense. To make the his worthwhile I would either have to see the same girl repeatedly or meet other girls in Russia so restricting myself to Russia somewhat.

Compared to that is the ease of Ukraine, instant visa free travel for three months within a six month period so far more easier terms. There are no doubt enough girls in Ukraine to find one that suits. Plus it can be cheaper than Russia and I an more familiar with it (only having previously travelled to Moscow) and am kind if more set up with it for sim cards etc. I'm not sure what sim cards are best for Russia I have heard of Megafon but that's about it.

I have noticed though that girls in Ukraine tend to get a lot more views on their profile no doubt as it being easier to just hop on a plane and go there for many western countries. I have been in contact with a girl in Ukraine and one in Russia both have been on there approximately the same amount of time but the Ukraine girl has about 5 times the profile views - both are about the same age and both are very beautiful. I'm get the impression there are less bad girls that bother with getting involved in the FSW dating scene in Russia as the viewing rate and hence hit rate is lower.

So there we have it I'm just wondering on whether to restrict my search more or not really, any thoughts?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Should I consider girls from Russia?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 12:52:19 AM »
Well, if you're going to fantasize, might as well fantasize about girls in all countries.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:54:49 AM by LAman »
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline JayH

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 01:55:34 AM »
Well, if you're going to fantasize, might as well fantasize about girls in all countries.

:ROFL:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline rwd123

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 02:49:14 AM »
The problem is not in getting a visa, it's your mindset. If you're incapable of getting a visa then how are you possibly capable of getting a woman?

There's a thing called barrier of entry. The higher the barrier, the less riff raff. Kind of like immigration face control. It's why Kiev and Odessa have more sex tourists than Kazan and Orenburg.

Plenty of SIM card providers in Russia, just don't get it at the airport as they may overcharge you.

Be aware - you may not get a one year visa straight away. You may need to first get a shorter duration visa. Business visas will also be more expensive, as it will cost you more to obtain an invitation letter unless you know someone to arrange one.

If the cost of a visa is a deterrent, you really shouldn't consider international dating. It's not for you.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 05:11:20 AM »
Trench, you shouldn’t be considering girls from anywhere. You’re so tight-fisted I bet your rubber duck squeaks in the bath. Plus, why would you want to subject a woman to a life of perpetual penury with you?
Then there’s your whole attitude to women, keeping them chained to the kitchen sink with a baby to the hip so they don’t jump ship with the first more attractive option that sails into port.
Stick to fantasizing and save those women from TrenchWorld.

Offline Gb1015

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 06:18:39 AM »
The problem is not in getting a visa, it's your mindset. If you're incapable of getting a visa then how are you possibly capable of getting a woman?

There's a thing called barrier of entry. The higher the barrier, the less riff raff. Kind of like immigration face control. It's why Kiev and Odessa have more sex tourists than Kazan and Orenburg.

Plenty of SIM card providers in Russia, just don't get it at the airport as they may overcharge you.

Be aware - you may not get a one year visa straight away. You may need to first get a shorter duration visa. Business visas will also be more expensive, as it will cost you more to obtain an invitation letter unless you know someone to arrange one.

If the cost of a visa is a deterrent, you really shouldn't consider international dating. It's not for you.

Damn you are such a hater. Thank god not everyone thinks like you. Otherwise we would still be living in caves.

“If it’s difficult or improbable, then how could you possibly be good enough to do it.”

You have no idea what he is capable of doing. Just because your life sucks doesn’t mean his has to be the same.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 06:24:30 AM by Gb1015 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 06:31:28 AM »

Thanks RWD for at least a serious reply ::)

Well the cost isn't so much a detterent as it is just a bit of a pain in the arse. The girl I am communicating to is at least in Moscow so I can get a direct flight and have dealt with travel to/in Moscow before. The poisoning situation in the UK around Salisbury could make things difficult if  the new case brings up a lot of new direct evidence of Russia's involvement. It could lead to a ban on visas at all.

I see your point though that essentially in raising the visa awkwardness problem it negates other problems that you get in Ukraine namely more competition and the riff raff that give Ukrainian girls the wrong idea about possibly all foreign men.

Well if I did go to Russia again I would probably check out the price of SIM card at airport first and buy if not a real rip off. Thanks for the heads up on that one. If it's Moscow I could take the areo-express train to the train station then take the underground to the city centre since I am familiar with Moscow now.

I'm not sure if I would need a shorter business visa first since I've had a tourist visa before if they would count that. So I can get visas they are just a pain.

I think I'm a lot better now at sourcing serious decent women in Ukraine so that is less of an issue now. I can see though that it's easier on most instances to score a straight up Russian lady who is probably less likely to be playing around ot whatever and that is kind of a decent inducement so you have a good point. I think for the moment I will remain on the fence and see how it goes with this lady and possibly others and just play it as it comes. Many thanks :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 09:00:59 AM »

No, it's because the Russian government cracked down on agencies.  The Ukrainian government doesn't care.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline rwd123

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 02:03:07 PM »
You have no idea what he is capable of doing.
Have you read his latest trip report?

A visa is such a non-issue. If you cannot deal with non-issues then you'll probably drown in the real issues. Experienced guys help less experienced guys from doing stupid things and drowning themselves. That's not hating.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:05:33 PM by rwd123 »

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 02:11:25 PM »
Damn you are such a hater. Thank god not everyone thinks like you. Otherwise we would still be living in caves.

“If it’s difficult or improbable, then how could you possibly be good enough to do it.”

You have no idea what he is capable of doing. Just because your life sucks doesn’t mean his has to be the same.

go back, read his post's here on the forum.. preferably from the beginning if you have the stomach.
then come back here and shove that comment up somewhere the sun don't shine.  :popcorn:

Trench is the resident misogynist and dumbfuck,
He ask for advice, get it, but no matter what you tell him, he will do something else, he ADORES that sex-tourist Roosh and hangs on to every detail he says. If what we say don't correlate to that, he simply ignores the advice he gets.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 08:41:46 PM »
go back, read his post's here on the forum.. preferably from the beginning if you have the stomach.
then come back here and shove that comment up somewhere the sun don't shine.  :popcorn:

He ask for advice, get it, but no matter what you tell him, he will do something else, he ADORES that sex-tourist Roosh and hangs on to every detail he says. If what we say don't correlate to that, he simply ignores the advice he gets.

Sadly, this is a good description of Trench. It seems common sense is a foreign concept for him. This is a guy who could not nurture a Golden Retriever or keep alive a Gold Fish.

Thomas Franklin said 'Experience keeps a dear school, yet fools will learn in no other.'
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline JayH

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 12:09:08 AM »

:thumbsup: :trainwreck:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 12:36:27 AM »
Trench

As someone who has MANY more RU  Visa applications for Visas than you - and not just from the UK -

1/ I don't understand your 'rant' about the courier delivery service ...  NEVER had an issue

2/ Sure the new application takes longer - depends if the lass is worth it

3/ I use Manchester for the last few applications and it is one on one and one waits five working days for one's passport and visa to be returned

As ever, you are posting bollox and are clearly bored

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 03:24:55 PM »
Trench

As someone who has MANY more RU  Visa applications for Visas than you - and not just from the UK -

1/ I don't understand your 'rant' about the courier delivery service ...  NEVER had an issue

2/ Sure the new application takes longer - depends if the lass is worth it

3/ I use Manchester for the last few applications and it is one on one and one waits five working days for one's passport and visa to be returned

As ever, you are posting bollox and are clearly bored

From where I live on the South coast Manchester is a very long distance, worse than London, probably at least a six hour journey or so each way plus petrol costs if driving, etc.

I personally don't know why they don't base it some where like Slough, at least then it's easily reachable by all and not such in central London with all the ordeal that entails.

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 08:07:39 PM »
From where I live on the South coast Manchester is a very long distance, worse than London, probably at least a six hour journey or so each way plus petrol costs if driving, etc.

Under four hours from Southampton to Manchester by car / train

I personally don't know why they don't base it some where like Slough, at least then it's easily reachable by all and not such in central London with all the ordeal that entails.

Because people live in E Anglia and Kent ?..Plus there's the fact that the RU Embassy isn't in Slough ...

THINKING isn't your forte

Either the hassle is worth it - or not ... Personally, I think guys like you for being too lazy - those that make excuses not to visit Russia leave the field more open to those who make the effort

The most telling part are those who marry a RU lass and then NEVER go back to visit her family ...many of 'em post as 'experts' on things Russia ))

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1953
Total: 1962

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM