It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Please Identify these Ladies  (Read 30232 times)

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Please Identify these Ladies
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2007, 07:58:07 AM »
It was a bad joke because it named actual names of women which appeared to make fun of these individual women's age and appearance.  If he would have said "guys, here's the antidate ladies reading our trip reports" it would be okay... I think.. because no actual names would be mentioned in that case.

Making a joke which appears to make fun about someone's age and appearance is rude and not good humor.  It is offensive in the Russian culture, and can be hurtful to a woman (really to a woman of any culture).  This is what offended you.

We are responsible for the effect of our jokes.  We should think ahead before we make a joke to understand how this joke can hurt another's feelings.   

This is what I understood from all of this and it makes sense, and I'll remember it in my future dealings with RW. 

Is this correct or not?

Dave

Dave,
Sorry, dude, it was funny as hell and not a bad joke in any way.  Just because Elen does not possess the ability to laugh at herself, is no reason for you to cow tow to her lack of humor.  Your post is BS!
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2007, 08:01:55 AM »
Yes THAT is correct and the only one thing wich should be done long time ago. So thank you Daveman for undertanding. Americans who prefer endless debates about other wrong culture in a case their own traditions cased an insult  instead of just admiting their own fault should say you thank too for saving their collective "American face" in my eyes.

( as for Gator's apologises ( second variant) then I repeat they were spoiled by those who continued with "proving" of my fault during Gator's silence ( for some reason. May be if he was here he could put an end to that debates but he was not So what happened with his apologies is happened.)

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2007, 08:04:01 AM »
 ::) ::) ::) yeah Sorry Daveman When I posted my last replica I didnt read the last two posts. Nothing of your attempt could save American reputation. Sorry.

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2007, 08:04:40 AM »
KenC,

You took the words right off my fingers.

Arse kissing is very unseemly, Dave.  You will not be able to get on the good side of the anti-date ladies no matter how much you self-castrate.

BTW, Ken,,, it's kowtow.   :cluebat:

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2007, 08:08:32 AM »
Dave,
Sorry, dude, it was funny as hell and not a bad joke in any way.  Just because Elen does not possess the ability to laugh at herself, is no reason for you to cow tow to her lack of humor.  Your post is BS!
KenC

KenC, I appreciate your comment.  Actually we each have an agenda here as to what we are trying to get out of our experience at RWD.  My post could be bullsh!t for 99% of the people here, but it isn't to me.  I cow tow to no one, males or females here.  I simply pursue my own agenda as does everyone.

Some of us are not married, do not have our woman in the house with us already... we are still learning many things about this process.  I don't think if i go to meet my girl's family and then say to them "well phuck you if you can't take a joke.." that I'm going to get very far in relations with her family, or her. 

For some of us, or at least ONE, me, I am far more concerned with understanding what mentalities I may have to interact, and make peace with in my future family than I am to receive.

You married guys learn new things every day, but you are already MARRIED.  For me, my time here is a learning experience and I intend to make the most of it.

Dave
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2007, 08:09:27 AM »
Gator,
Thanks for the laugh!  TFF!

Elen,
Go find yourself a sense of humor!

I If Elen cannot accept Gators humor in the sense it was intended, then it is HER problem, not ours.  As I have always said. "Phuck em if they cannot take a joke!"
KenC

Dose THAT have something to do with Gator's SINSERE ( supposed to be)  apologies or what?  ::)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 08:21:44 AM by Elen »

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2007, 08:31:46 AM »
It was a bad joke because it named actual names of women which appeared to make fun of these individual women's age and appearance.  If he would have said "guys, here's the antidate ladies reading our trip reports" it would be okay... I think.. because no actual names would be mentioned in that case.

I think this would have happened no matter what was said in the original post. I really do not believe that the picture or the joke (good, bad, or indifferent) was anything more than an excuse to justify the attitude and righteous indignation that followed.

Making a joke which appears to make fun about someone's age and appearance is rude and not good humor.  It is offensive in the Russian culture, and can be hurtful to a woman (really to a woman of any culture).  This is what offended you.

We are responsible for the effect of our jokes.  We should think ahead before we make a joke to understand how this joke can hurt another's feelings.

Russian humor according to many of their favorite movies is all about making fun of peoples looks, actions, and behaviors.

I don't agree with this. If I make a joke that offends you and you go and shoot 10 people because you were mad then I am responsible? (Extreme example but really, where do you draw the line?) We are responsible for the post itself. They are our words. We are not responsible for the reaction of the person reading it. That is entirely their responsibility. If they do not like it they are free to say so. If they feel slighted for it and the poster of the original message agrees then that person is responsible to make amends, if they agree.   

This is what I understood from all of this and it makes sense, and I'll remember it in my future dealings with RW. 

Is this correct or not?

Dave

No I do not feel that this is correct. I believe that this is an extreme response generated to follow along with the recent influx of the AD agenda into RWD. The fact that is has gone on so long says to me that this is true as well as the protestations of the latest AD clone who has taken up residence here.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline KenC

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2007, 08:36:33 AM »
Dose THAT have something to do with Gator's SINSERE ( supposed to be)  apologies or what?  ::)
It has nothing to do with Gator at all.  It is my own sincere feelings on the subject!
KenC

Offline KenC

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2007, 08:41:45 AM »
KenC, I appreciate your comment.  Actually we each have an agenda here as to what we are trying to get out of our experience at RWD.  My post could be bullsh!t for 99% of the people here, but it isn't to me.  I cow tow to no one, males or females here.  I simply pursue my own agenda as does everyone.

Some of us are not married, do not have our woman in the house with us already... we are still learning many things about this process.  I don't think if i go to meet my girl's family and then say to them "well phuck you if you can't take a joke.." that I'm going to get very far in relations with her family, or her. 

For some of us, or at least ONE, me, I am far more concerned with understanding what mentalities I may have to interact, and make peace with in my future family than I am to receive.

You married guys learn new things every day, but you are already MARRIED.  For me, my time here is a learning experience and I intend to make the most of it.

Dave
Dave,
Of course you would not say that to your potential future inlaws.  Well, at least until you got to know them better. ;D  But it is what I say to Elen here.

One thing you may learn, is that you have to be true to yourself in this process too.  If you are going to "roll over" to every little thing you think will please your future RW, you will not get very far.  Oh, you may attract a GCG that will berate you behind your back, but a typical RW will not have any respect for you in your wishy washy ways.
KenC

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2007, 08:43:03 AM »
If their was ever a good time to turn-off a thread, to shut her down, this is it.

This thread is going no where quickly and serves no useful purpose and in fact is only a festering quagmire.

Any chance any reading Mod's might agree?   I hope so.

Offline KenC

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2007, 08:45:25 AM »
If their was ever a good time to turn-off a thread, to shut her down, this is it.

This thread is going no where quickly and serves no useful purpose and in fact is only a festering quagmire.

Any chance any reading Mod's might agree?   I hope so.
WOW, just when I thought there was some real progress being made too!
KenC

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2007, 08:45:47 AM »
It has nothing to do with Gator at all.  It is my own sincere feelings on the subject!
KenC

Well do you think then he was a cow for making those apologies as well as Daveman or what? Or those apologias were just PC actions from Gator's side  because no one male in his right sense would do that ?
I wish to know  in order to get at least how sinsere those apologises could be taking into account that so many of you do think that I deserved nothing of such a kind

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »
It's my long awaited pleasure to close this thread.
 :)
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1965
Total: 1974

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM