It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Shadows over Moscow  (Read 20283 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Shadows over Moscow
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2014, 11:11:52 AM »
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:16:58 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2014, 11:29:11 AM »

Apples and oranges.  Huge difference in political complexity.

No, it isn't apples and oranges.  You either work with countries and respect their sovereignty or you don't.  Saying we will do what we want because this is different is hypocritical and should be called out.

First, I assume you believe that something substantial should be done to stop ISIS in Iraq and beyond Iraq. 

Of course, but within boundaries. 

Second,I do not know if we ever will use Syrian air space.  In fact, Obama is trying to avoid it because of the uproar it creates in the Muslim world.  Some say the ISIS strategy is to goad the US into bombing Syria.   Congress will not address it.

It doesn't matter if we actually use Syrian airspace or not.  Obama made it quite clear his intentions if he decides to use Syrian airspace and what will happen if Syria resists.  Not unlike Putin.

Third,America wants Sunni troops and planes to lead the fight in Syria against ISIS, and no Arab nation has yet stepped up to the plate are stepping up to the plate. 

What does that have to do with going into another country without their consent?

So what course would you follow if you were Captain Righteous.

We should do what people insist Putin does.  Anything less is hypocritical.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2014, 11:32:11 AM »
I tend to agree with you, though in real life it is sometimes incomprehensible, the choice peoples do...
I will never understand the people  voting for W. (twice !!!)
Even if it was not clear in 2000, by 2004 nobody could have any doubt that this American President was a full-blown moron, extremely dangerous for his country and for the rest of the world.
Why Americans did it? Maybe, it was just a reflection of the waning power of USA? Or I am looking for a reasonable explanation of a totally random process?
You see, I like Americans, and it is difficult for me to accept that they were conscientiously ruining the country.

The American political machine is broken and corrupt.  The people have to decide between two candidates.  Any other candidate will be phased out of any media coverage.  The illusion of democracy. 

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »

First, I assume you believe that something substantial should be done to stop ISIS in Iraq and beyond Iraq.

Please, explain that to me. I'm all ears.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »

Please, explain that to me. I'm all ears.

I don't think any more explanation is needed. 

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure this topic is supposed to be about Shadow's trip to Moscow. Please don't pollute it with off topic comments....its really getting old. :rolleyes:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Muzh

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2014, 12:20:38 PM »

I don't think any more explanation is needed.

Heh, thought so.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2014, 12:22:33 PM »

Heh, thought so.

Muzh, I can't help if you can't grasp context when reading the whole post.  You like to play your silly little games by quoting one part of a post and trying to twist it.  Sorry old dude, not interested in playing your little games.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »

No, it isn't apples and oranges.  You either work with countries and respect their sovereignty or you don't.  Saying we will do what we want because this is different is hypocritical and should be called out.

It doesn't matter if we actually use Syrian airspace or not.  Obama made it quite clear his intentions if he decides to use Syrian airspace and what will happen if Syria resists.  Not unlike Putin.

What does that have to do with going into another country without their consent?

I just noticed this, and also noticed that the thread is supposed to be about a trip to Moscow.  Why not start your own thread?  You could title it:  Why America and other countries should not go to the Middle East and stop ISIS from raping, torturing and cutting the heads off of men, women and young children.  (no doubt it might devolve to the blah, blah, blah section where you can remain the top contributor)

Offline Muzh

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »

Muzh, I can't help if you can't grasp context when reading the whole post.  You like to play your silly little games by quoting one part of a post and trying to twist it.  Sorry old dude, not interested in playing your little games.

Sure. Caught with your pants down.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »
If I can get a job in Russia where they pay me the money I get here I am moving tomorrow.
Same goes for the USA by the way, I am not in any way biased.

And there are many more countries where I would like to live.

Guess that I am someone who does not have to run down other countries because he is miserable in his own....

I've always heard that Moscow could be a very exciting place to live, if you have a certain income or more (I would think that about 5k a month would be a minimum to really enjoy such a city). 

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2014, 12:34:07 PM »

I just noticed this, and also noticed that the thread is supposed to be about a trip to Moscow.  Why not start your own thread?  You could title it:  Why America and other countries should not go to the Middle East and stop ISIS from raping, torturing and cutting the heads off of men, women and young children.  (no doubt it might devolve to the blah, blah, blah section where you can remain the top contributor)

AC, do you normally go around telling others what to do?  You added nothing of value to this thread much like most threads you participate in. 

I suggest you try something different for once.   

Try actually debating the topic at hand instead of attacking the poster.  I know this can be difficult, because it requires you to think which doesn't seem to be a strength, but give it a try.   You may actually learn something.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »

Sure. Caught with your pants down.

Muzh, time to change your grandpa diapers. 

Offline Muzh

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2014, 12:35:47 PM »

Try actually debating the topic at hand instead of attacking the poster.  I know this can be difficult, because it requires you to think which doesn't seem to be a strength, but give it a try.   You may actually learn something.

Do as I say, not as I do type of guy, eh?

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »

:ROFL:

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2014, 12:37:16 PM »

Yes, you are that type of guy.  You have been for as long as you have been a member here.  That is the exact reason I am not interested in dialog with you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:50:01 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »

:ROFL:

That was probably the best post you made since being on this forum, AC.   Keep up the good work.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2014, 12:49:55 PM »

Muzh, time to change your grandpa diapers.

One thing old age has taught me is to understand that when the other person starts hurling insults, it is because he lost the argument.

It is that simple.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2014, 12:51:16 PM »

One thing old age has taught me is to understand that when the other person starts hurling insults, it is because he lost the argument.

It is that simple.

If that is the truth, you lost a lot of arguments on this forum.  I can go through the past couple of days of your posts and quote insult after insult.  I have tried discussions with you, in the past, and they almost always end up with you trying to twist statements out of context.  I don't understand it, but you're just warped that way.  Now, I rather cut through your bullshit without wasting much time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:07:58 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline Muzh

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2014, 12:54:20 PM »
Heh, please do.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2014, 12:59:55 PM »
Heh, please do.

Listen <expletive>, it is people like you that increase the chances of war with your appeasement bullshevism. I strongly suggest you take one or two classes in the history of western civilization so you understand what appeasing dictators gave us.
Two words, needless bloodshed.There is a huge difference between being civilized and being a <expletive> coward.

Listen crybaby, you do NOT post your opinions. You actually accuse people of being liars when they don't agree with you.Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah

Oh so young and so yellow. 

Spoken like a true coward.Heh heh heh

Offline fathertime

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »

It is that simple.

Really?   Actually I don't always believe that statement to be true....but if it were true you would be 0-150.   You shouldn't be so sensitive to insults...it isn't as if you don't try to be insulting yourself....almost all the time!   

These are all valid points.  I get the feeling that some people really do believe that as we are America we are allowed to be hypocritical.  That act truly is wearing thinner, even among a lot of us Americans, let alone the rest of the world.  If we insist on violating sovereignty and airspace because our relative military strength enables us to, then we should continue to expect Russia and China, among others to do the same thing, until we try to stop them. 
Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gator

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2014, 04:47:58 PM »
Here ya go.  Your own artery clogging copycat recipe -

http://www.cookeatdelicious.com/meat-recipes/chicken-recipes/kfc-fried-chicken-recipe.html

The recipe would not produce KFC chicken.  KFC chicken is prepared in pressure fryers (similar to a pressure cooker). 

If you do that, you can be as svelte as Mr. Pressure Fryer Demonstrator here.

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2014, 11:10:00 PM »
Here ya go.  Your own artery clogging copycat recipe -

http://www.cookeatdelicious.com/meat-recipes/chicken-recipes/kfc-fried-chicken-recipe.html

But its missing the ~100 secret herbs and spices!!!!! :o

" I think it tastes dead on to KFC’s original fried chicken recipe"...... I think?
 That fried chicken looks old and 'battered', maybe she should have used some large breasts!!!!! ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:13:22 PM by LAman »
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2014, 11:25:36 PM »
I can't say too much, other than the texture and taste can be replicated at home.  However, I haven't fried a chicken in over 30 years, and it's been that long since I've eaten KFC chicken, as well (though I have had their coleslaw a few times in the past 10 years). 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541333
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701