It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is it over?  (Read 28597 times)

Offline jt

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Is it over?
« on: October 29, 2015, 08:50:17 PM »
Once, American men went to Eastern Europe to find a Caucasian bride.  Some men went for the beauty, some men went because not enough good women in USA. 

Now, Eastern Europe is a very different place than 25 years ago.  Yes, traditional women can be found, but a few traditional women can be found in the USA also.  Yes some are beautiful, but hair color and Botox is as common as it is in the USA.

I don't claim to have a lot of experience in the East of Europe.  I have been to Russia, I have been to Belarus, I have been to most of Western Europe.  So I did travel, I did see (at least a little), and I did see "modern" women in the East that are just as disgusting as in the USA.  Party, drunks, smoke, screw.  What is really different now in the East as compared to USA?

Things change.  Good women can be found in any corner of the planet Earth.  The problem is always that there are not enough good women to go around.

Has the idea of finding a good wife in Easter Europe become no different than finding a decent wife in New York or Kansas?  Very high probability of finding someone, but very low probability of finding someone decent....

What do you think.  And please, no answers about what do you think about 20 years ago.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Is it over?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 09:05:43 PM »
I think nothing has really changed.

It is still possible to find a woman today with looks, intelligence, education, slenderness and age in FSU that you could not be with in USA.

Your economic power and ability to provide the woman with opportunities here that they could not have there allow this.

And yes, although the initial contact will be made because you have the economics and she has the looks, it is very possible that the two of you can build a successful relationship including eventual love.

(Note:  And let me clarify and assert for the hundredth time . . . The FSU gals are not superior to USA gals in looks, intelligence and education.  But the point is; you cannot have these USA gals, while you can have the FSU gals.  So that is the advantage of looking to the FSU, along with two other advantages.  i.e. they do tend to be more slender and you can attain a younger woman, if you want such.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:14:04 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 09:09:21 PM »
You are lamenting a past that never existed, except in the minds of naive Western men.

There are plenty of good women to go around, world over.

I agree 100% with ML.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline pitbull

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 09:33:55 PM »
I think nothing has really changed.

It is still possible to find a woman today with looks, intelligence, education, slenderness and age in FSU that you could not be with in USA.

Your economic power and ability to provide the woman with opportunities here that they could not have there allow this.

And yes, although the initial contact will be made because you have the economics and she has the looks, it is very possible that the two of you can build a successful relationship including eventual love.

(Note:  And let me clarify and assert for the hundredth time . . . The FSU gals are not superior to USA gals in looks, intelligence and education.  But the point is; you cannot have these USA gals, while you can have the FSU gals.  So that is the advantage of looking to the FSU, along with two other advantages.  i.e. they do tend to be more slender and you can attain a younger woman, if you want such.)
Absolutely correct assessment.
There are plenty of beautiful, intelligent, educated young women with great character in the West. They are just not interested in an average Joe in his 40s and 50s. Those same women from the East will be interested because of said Joe's economic leverage.
I bet Ukraine is the best place for bride hunting now.
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 12:17:29 AM »
The FSU gals are not superior to USA gals in looks, intelligence and education.  But the point is; you cannot have these USA gals, while you can have the FSU gals.  So that is the advantage of looking to the FSU, along with two other advantages.  i.e. they do tend to be more slender and you can attain a younger woman, if you want such.)

What is the level of obesity in the USA vs FSU?  Your statement doesn't stand up to scrutiny on even the first point.

There are party girl (or whatever you consider to be unsuitable) types in both cultures, sure.  My impression only, is that Ukrainian girls are not as serious as Russian girls, but, I could be wrong on that. 

However, I know very well the level of knowledge that girls in the USA and Canada, in their mid-20s have; and it is simply not comparable.  Add in the culture of reading for pleasure that even less-serious FSU girls will engage in, and over time they will pull away even further. 

Look at the popularity of "Что Где Когда" in Russia and try to find something comparable (knowledge of the Kardashians doesn't count) in the USA.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%3F_Where%3F_When%3F
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Muzh

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 07:43:08 AM »

What is the level of obesity in the USA vs FSU? 

I don't know but I bet that the FSU babes would ask the same question when they meet you.  ;)

Absolutely.

Any two-time loser with a decent job can get himself a hot babe desperate to get out from a poverty-stricken shit hole. The question is, what will happen after the babe realizes she can do better once she gets here?

AND before anyone here gets their panties in a twist, I'm NOT referring to anyone here.  ;)

My comments are directed at the two-time losers who have no fcuking clue as to why they are alone. Like those who find women disgusting just because they don't give them the time of day for obvious reasons but think they can buy themselves a relatively new model and import her here for his personal use.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Boethius

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 07:47:58 AM »
What is the level of obesity in the USA vs FSU?  Your statement doesn't stand up to scrutiny on even the first point.

Obesity is not that common among the young, or professional (i.e., educated) classes.

However, I know very well the level of knowledge that girls in the USA and Canada, in their mid-20s have; and it is simply not comparable.  Add in the culture of reading for pleasure that even less-serious FSU girls will engage in, and over time they will pull away even further. 

Look at the popularity of "Что Где Когда" in Russia and try to find something comparable (knowledge of the Kardashians doesn't count) in the USA.

Well, my better half, who is exceptionally well read, would disagree with you about the level of knowledge in Russia/Ukraine.  He says many have not read past Pinnochio (and he was in both countries for a considerable period this summer).  I actually do believe it's comparable.

I know a lot of young women in Canada in their twenties who are well read.  Maybe you just hang with the wrong crowd.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »
I would tend to agree that it is not over.  I do think that 15-20 years ago women where desperate to get out of the FSU and would accept almost any guy who was their best option for a ticket out.  Quite often once they had their life settled here and didn't need him any more they would move on to greener pastures.   There are still lots of women who would be more than willing to marry a good guy and move to America or where ever he was from. 

I do think because women there eat better and walk a lot there are fewer overweight women and far more women that are built really nice than you will find here unless you are 20 years old and dating teenagers here. 

I think that the problem is not just fewer women who are interested but also that there are far fewer American men who set their sites on finding a women in the FSU.  Back when this site started nearly every day there was new guys posting that they wanted to find a woman from the FSU.  Now we just mostly talk about politics and try to find someone to argue with. 

When I think about if there are still women willing to look overseas for a husband I think back to a year or two ago when my wife had a family friend who told her she would be interested in marrying an American.  The girl was cute, not a beauty queen but attractive, built nice and a really, really good person who would make someone a wonderful wife.  The drawback was that her English was limited.  My wife posted her photo here and a few other places and got no interest at all.  I think the decline in seekding foreign brides is partially on both sides of the pond

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 09:11:49 AM »

Obesity is not that common among the young, or professional (i.e., educated) classes.

Well, my better half, who is exceptionally well read, would disagree with you about the level of knowledge in Russia/Ukraine.  He says many have not read past Pinnochio (and he was in both countries for a considerable period this summer).  I actually do believe it's comparable.

I know a lot of young women in Canada in their twenties who are well read.  Maybe you just hang with the wrong crowd.

Obesity is common even among teenagers who are still in high school.  Have a look at photos from the early 80s and compare with the same thing today.  One example:  http://www.weather.com/travel/news/spring-break-totally-rad-photos-80s-20140422

I grew up in Canada, and I have Canadian nieces and nephews in their mid-20s, and I know their level of knowledge (yes they have college degrees) and that of their friends.  It's maybe a little better than in the USA, but not by a lot.

I can't speak to your husband's experience - maybe he hangs with the wrong crowd when he is in Russia/Ukraine   :P

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 09:15:49 AM »
It used to be that you could pick out the men "fresh off the boat" in Moscow. Not anymore. For awhile, not any longer, Moscow was a popular weekend or short holiday destination for young European males, but they have thinned out too because of political overtones.

It seems that several factors have contributed to the decline: formerly there were rising economic standards in Russia (but that is contracting quickly), and one must also acknowledge the new "cold war" today. One of the turning points came when adoption was cut off for most Westerners--to be sure, single guys were not coming to adopt a baby, but that law, along with others, began to change the perception of Russia in the West.

As Russia began to close, and it is indeed closing, the ease of visiting Ukraine became attractive. However, the Western perception of the events in Kyiv, and the realities of the war in the East, seem to have caused many men to fear traveling to Ukraine. The "Stans" have beautiful and educated women, but those seem to be mysterious in a negative way to the typical Western single male. Most of those places are truly "third world" and some men want to snag a third world beauty, but they don't want to have to crawl in that hole in order to find her.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:17:27 AM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 09:33:37 AM »

Now, Eastern Europe is a very different place than 25 years ago. 

What do you think.  And please, no answers about what do you think about 20 years ago.

Confused there at the contradiction :rolleyes:
Did you take a trip to Russia or not?
You would practically have to live there a while to make such sweeping statements.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ML

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 09:36:54 AM »
It used to be that you could pick out the men "fresh off the boat" in Moscow. Not anymore. For awhile, not any longer, Moscow was a popular weekend or short holiday destination for young European males, but they have thinned out too because of political overtones.

Jim, I don't understand your first sentence.  It seems to have nothing to do with the rest of your post.

I understand there are fewer men coming . . . but how has that changed your ability to spot those 'fresh off the boat' from among those still coming.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 09:46:29 AM »

As Russia began to close, and it is indeed closing, the ease of visiting Ukraine became attractive. However, the Western perception of the events in Kyiv, and the realities of the war in the East, seem to have caused many men to fear traveling to Ukraine. The "Stans" have beautiful and educated women, but those seem to be mysterious in a negative way to the typical Western single male. Most of those places are truly "third world" and some men want to snag a third world beauty, but they don't want to have to crawl in that hole in order to find her.

The view/impression is that Russia and Ukraine (and Belarus), at some level, are sort-of European in their perspective. 

Georgia - a little bit more closed as far as meeting women goes, more patriarchal than other places. 

The Stans have more Asian influence, along with some Muslim, but non-Wahhabi (Rumi the great Sufi poet who I admire, was born in present-day Tajikistan); this tends to confuse Americans like me :-)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 01:59:19 PM »
Obesity is common even among teenagers who are still in high school.  Have a look at photos from the early 80s and compare with the same thing today.  One example:  http://www.weather.com/travel/news/spring-break-totally-rad-photos-80s-20140422

Obesity does not tend to be common among the educated.  Plus, you're not seeking a high school student.

I grew up in Canada, and I have Canadian nieces and nephews in their mid-20s, and I know their level of knowledge (yes they have college degrees) and that of their friends.  It's maybe a little better than in the USA, but not by a lot.

I live in Canada, I have high school aged children.  I can assure you, in speaking to their friends, that they are all incredibly polite and exceptionally well read. 

I can't speak to your husband's experience - maybe he hangs with the wrong crowd when he is in Russia/Ukraine   :P

Not hanging, he prefers solitude.  For a variety of reasons foreigners would not understand,  they seek him out.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 02:46:36 PM »
Things change.  Good women can be found in any corner of the planet Earth.  The problem is always that there are not enough good women to go around.

Has the idea of finding a good wife in Easter Europe become no different than finding a decent wife in New York or Kansas?  Very high probability of finding someone, but very low probability of finding someone decent....

The advantage for Eastern Europe is for two groups of people. The successful western man who is
already successful at meeting women. I have often said that FSUW are not for entry level daters.

The second group of men who will be very successful is the group who look for a woman who is over
say 35-40. Women over a certain age in Eastern Europe have a very small chance at finding love and
marriage locally and especially a local man who will accept her children. 

The man who is seeking a 22 year old lingerie model could be barking up the wrong tree unless he
1. Just sold his IPO for a Hundred Mil $
2. Just won the batting title for the National League
3. Is himself a model for Hanes underwear
4. Is willing to call a normal Hottie a lingerie model and live in the FSU for a year
or more.
5. His album just went platinum 

If you are a normal guy who is 45 years old and you make a good income and are
looking for a 37 year old, slim, sexy, educated woman who isn't politically correct
then the FSU is for you.

If you are have problems asking out a real girl on a date or if the last time you had sex
was before the Olsen twins came of age or if you still live in your mothers basement
and have three life size posters of Princess Leah in a bikini with Jabba the Hut then
the FSU is not for you. Your organs will be harvested and your carcass will be used
to feed Black Sea crabs for Odessa Sushi restaurants.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Muzh

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 03:38:10 PM »
The advantage for Eastern Europe is for two groups of people. The successful western man who is
already successful at meeting women. I have often said that FSUW are not for entry level daters.

The second group of men who will be very successful is the group who look for a woman who is over
say 35-40. Women over a certain age in Eastern Europe have a very small chance at finding love and
marriage locally and especially a local man who will accept her children. 

The man who is seeking a 22 year old lingerie model could be barking up the wrong tree unless he
1. Just sold his IPO for a Hundred Mil $
2. Just won the batting title for the National League
3. Is himself a model for Hanes underwear
4. Is willing to call a normal Hottie a lingerie model and live in the FSU for a year
or more.
5. His album just went platinum 

If you are a normal guy who is 45 years old and you make a good income and are
looking for a 37 year old, slim, sexy, educated woman who isn't politically correct
then the FSU is for you.

If you are have problems asking out a real girl on a date or if the last time you had sex
was before the Olsen twins came of age or if you still live in your mothers basement
and have three life size posters of Princess Leah in a bikini with Jabba the Hut then
the FSU is not for you. Your organs will be harvested and your carcass will be used
to feed Black Sea crabs for Odessa Sushi restaurants.

Udachi!

Bill

It's Princess LEIA and she is NOT wearing a bikini. Grrrrr

;)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 03:57:36 PM »

It's Princess LEIA and she is NOT wearing a bikini. Grrrrr

;)

Muzh, I am not even remotely an expert on women's clothing. What pray tell is this? 
I would call it a bikini top with loin cloth drapery accented bottoms. 
You know I just wanted to post the photo didn't you  ;D

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Muzh

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 04:36:44 PM »
You can't tell??

That is a sex-slave outfit. :P

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 05:27:10 PM »
He says many have not read past Pinnochio...
BTW, it'ìs Pinocchio ;).

Original artwork  (1880s) - Disney's version (1940)
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 07:14:55 PM »
And let me clarify and assert for the hundredth time . . . The FSU gals are not superior to USA gals in looks, intelligence and education. 

No difference there?

you cannot have these USA gals, while you can have the FSU gals.

Difference here?

Most sincere women who want a husband, children and dream of a happy family need financial stability to make that dream come true. American women are no different than FSU women when it comes to that. Financial stability is easier to achieve in America. In the FSU many women there aren't going to achieve their goals with the limited number of FSU men who are financially stable. Absolutely nothing wrong with achieving their goals elsewhere and absolutely nothing wrong with a Western man getting the best woman he can find if he can afford this endeavor. This is healthy behavior.

Personal preference is that I like Slavic women's beauty much more than Western women's. Western men's heads tend to turn more in the FSU than at home too.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 07:58:08 PM »

1) You can hire a person to ask out a gal for a date; just don't choose John Alden.
2) Force your mother into the basement, and take over her bedroom.
3) Are you referring  to Merlin, Phil and Orrin Olsen?

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 08:42:45 PM »
ML:
Jim, I don't understand your first sentence.  It seems to have nothing to do with the rest of your post.

I understand there are fewer men coming . . . but how has that changed your ability to spot those 'fresh off the boat' from among those still coming.

Sorry for not being more clear. In past years, one could often see single guys wandering around, and if by themselves there was a good chance that they'd arrived to visit a lady. Or, they'd be in the company of a lady. It just becomes easy to spot someone who seems out of place. Sometimes one can also spot families together who are visiting Russia--that became more common in recent years.

A couple of months ago I was doing a pre-broadcast photo and camera check with a television crew. Sometime around 7am on a Saturday we were the only ones on Manezhnaya Plaza (between the Duma and the entrance to Revolution Plaza and Red Square. One young guy wandered past and he looked lost. Since we had time on our hands I asked in English if he needed directions. He brightened up and sure enough, was looking for the Metro entrance and where to find a Starbucks coffee. The metro entrance there seems confusing for strangers, but you can take the tunnel and safely walk underneath the street which links to the entrance. However, the nearest Starbucks is accessed by staying on the sidewalk on the same side of the street and walking down the block opposite the nearby Russian Duma building.  I didn't ask his motivation to visit Moscow, but wished him luck. After pointing out the big red "M" at the tunnel, and an identical one across the street, he then understood what they meant. He was appreciative.

Was he a bride hunter? Not sure. But he was a stranger out of his normal element and somehow looked like an English speaker to me. Turns out that was a safe assumption. Those are the kind of visitors one just doesn't see that often lately.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 02:14:36 PM »
2) Force your mother into the basement, and take over her bedroom.

I would but then who would buy me action figures for my Star Trek
collection?

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Manny

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 03:26:02 PM »
Once, American men went to Eastern Europe

And now Americans are not popular there. Stay home and date local.

Offline Manny

• Commercial Member
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 03:36:09 PM »
For awhile, not any longer, Moscow was a popular weekend or short holiday destination for young European males, but they have thinned out too because of political overtones.

No, because biometric visa rules changed.

It seems that several factors have contributed to the decline: formerly there were rising economic standards in Russia (but that is contracting quickly),

No. Russian women don't want to sell themselves to overweight, old Americans any longer. Hence why you all went to Ukraine.

One of the turning points came when adoption was cut off for most Westerners--to be sure, single guys were not coming to adopt a baby, but that law, along with others, began to change the perception of Russia in the West.

Nonsense.

As Russia began to close, and it is indeed closing, the ease of visiting Ukraine became attractive.

Translation: Old Americans used to exploit Ukrainian women as Russians eschewed them a decade ago. But since you lot funded regime change in Ukraine, US sex tourism has declined.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:38:30 PM by Manny »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541000
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1886
Total: 1897

+-Recent Posts

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM