It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: I have never heard of such things before  (Read 16308 times)

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: I have never heard of such things before
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 10:36:53 PM »
LA Man,

Don't be so hard on Alex.  First of all, he has a direct line to the women on chat.  And second, it is plausible. 

A woman, who is on chat, online, gets a solicitation from a customer (man).  If she is online, then she is expected to be communicating. 

The big issue, in my mind, is what if she doesn't like the profile of the guy communicating with her?  She has to answer it anyway?  I would not put it past ADate to require something like this.    But even if ADate doesn't make this requirement (I'm sure that they would deny it) I would not put it past some of the Agency operators to enforce such a rule.

And I don't have direct line also? It is a story told different by different people. You hear things all the time. I understand it may be plausible....it may be enforced some where..... where I don't know.
I think there is more talked about than is actually happening.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 10:44:24 PM »
Okay, LAman, you have a direct line too!

(Are you happy?) 

I tell you what ....... I will personally pay for you to chat with the woman of your choice for 1/2 hour at your convenience online on ADate.   :D

But here's the catch:  You have to put her picture up here on the forum when you're done and report on your online date. 

(I'll buy you a Prepaid Visa Card and you can go at it.  Then we'll have all the scoop direct from someone with firsthand knowledge and direct access!)

Please accept my offer.  We need a fun diversion around here with all of the tribulation.

**** She better be a RussBabe and, since ADate is obliging - more than one picture.  ****
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline LAman

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 11:07:03 PM »
Okay, LAman, you have a direct line too!

(Are you happy?) 

I tell you what ....... I will personally pay for you to chat with the woman of your choice for 1/2 hour at your convenience online on ADate.   :D

But here's the catch:  You have to put her picture up here on the forum when you're done and report on your online date. 

(I'll buy you a Prepaid Visa Card and you can go at it.  Then we'll have all the scoop direct from someone with firsthand knowledge and direct access!)

Please accept my offer.  We need a fun diversion around here with all of the tribulation.

**** She better be a RussBabe and, since ADate is obliging - more than one picture.  ****

Thank you for your offer Jone!!!  I haven't been on AD for months. Tell you what, next time I do spend time on AD, I will kindly give details on my experience, okay?  ;) I do still have my 'favorites' there, I could give the thumbs/thumbs down on them!!!!
I do find it best when you are actually going to be in that area to start doing preparations!!! Nothing comes from months of letters or chat.  I actually spend much time on Stevie-boys site, he was kind enough to give me a year gratis.

Offline die_cast

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2014, 01:10:50 AM »
I have never heard of such things before
Me too!!
Scam? In Ukraine? Nooooo! It isn't possible.
- А если я скажу какую-нибудь глупость?
- Скажи с уверенным лицом, тогда это называется точка зрения (с)

Offline TBear

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 01:08:30 AM »
I actually spend much time on Stevie-boys site, he was kind enough to give me a year gratis.
What site is this you speak of?

Me too!!
Scam? In Ukraine? Nooooo! It isn't possible.
Say it ain't so!

That would be like a scam happening in the US or Russia!

Offline LAman

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 08:08:33 AM »
What site is this you speak of?

A member here steveboy has a site: bridesandlovers.com
He mentioned here before if any RWD member joined his site, he would give a year free. I just joined and PM'ed him with my id on site.

Offline TBear

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 03:19:55 PM »
He mentioned here before if any RWD member joined his site, he would give a year free. I just joined and PM'ed him with my id on site.
Interesting. I may check it out.

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 07:54:42 AM »
Alex, that is bull$hite. What I know it doesn't happen because I was there at some of those times.
Also, are you also saying if a girl is in a chat she has to answer another or else she/agency is fined?
Many girls, not all, will be busy in another chat or away from computer. Not all chat requests are answered.

Many of  the affliliate agencies hire women to chat and answer emails.
These affiliates often have several interfaces that link with a few of the big MOB's
The vid chat girls often have no idea if you are contacting them thru adate, dream marriage , HRB,etc,
as they are merely working thru an interface program, and yes they vid chat with several clients at a time. Its mostly text chat with the guy seeing only her on video and typed messages.Quite easy to have a few conversations going at once.That has been going on forever almost.
  I am not aware of  fines for not answering a given chat request, but they are paid per minute /per client so its in their best interest  to answer any incoming requests and send out requests regularly, (also a software program does this for the MOB site they have profiles on when they are logged in thru the local affliate interface)
They do have a quota of emails to send out ,and they do have to respond to all emails.
 They are absolutely fined if refusing to meet  a guy for  a date.They often have local boyfriends or even husbands and they either go meet the guy ,or except the token fine and are  sick or away visiting relatives
 (as it already a far better paying job than many can get locally if its a provincial city)
 Yes this only applies to those hired..there certainly are some that are not.
but the ones hired are who are far and away doing the live vid chatting, and sending the bulk of emails.
A vaste number of women a man would contact thru such agencies have no interest in marrying a foriegner, it is a job, plain and simple , and most will never meet a foreign man or have one come to visit her regardless.
 The flip side of this is also  telling- a great deal of the men contacting these women are never planning to venture there, it is simply entertainment. Most openly admit to the women they are married, or from a country and background that would never be reasonable  they marry a FSUW.
 That pay per chat, per per letter industry is set up to make money from those not bothering to venture there. Yes it will also fleece those who travel, but that is not where the big money or margin is at anymore ,nor has it been for  along time.
I think men actually looking to marry are in a small minority.

Your experience may differ, perhaps you met some sincere women from the agencies , as they do exist, also not all affiliate agencies are in on the same game.
Yet do not doubt it is a huge business in many provincial cities with a ton  of affiliate agencies in them and thousands of hired workers.
The large MOBs have the perfect business model of deniable culpability,as its always *cough* one bad local girl , or local affiliate agency  to blame ,which they then fine, or close ,it changes names and is open 24 hrs later. Many do not even have an office front where you could meet anyone,it merely a place the women go to log in ,and do their shift work.It often is a second job and flexible hours particularly considering the time differences. Some have good I-net connections and log in from home.Many dont and go to the affliate chat center.

At any rate the odds that a random man visiting such PPL  sites will be contacted by a sincere woman, or women  signed up thru a legit local affiliate  agency are slim.
If contacted or responding to a chat request he has been sent , he wont likely be speaking with fat yuri, he is likely   to be corresponding with a woman.That doesn't make it any more likely to be legit.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:07:20 AM by Jumper »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 08:05:51 AM »
Alex, let me know what you hear. I have never heard of what you say. $10 is a lot for a young girl.
A model looking girls would have many requests but what about a just pretty girl, what if she goes to bathroom or outside or cooks something......get fined 10 bucks... hard to believe.
I have heard many things about what AD/local agency tell girls, to threaten to stay in line.

Agree- I actually doubt they are fined for missing a given  chat request, they can have several going but not 100 or 1000 at a time. lol
But i see alex's point that they can log out, i was assuming that was already a given.
I'd be more inclined to believe if they are logged in, not already chatting with a few men,
 and then don't respond to a chat request thay are fined ,as that makes perfect sense from the affliates point of view, and considering the software sends out chat requests to the men logged on anyway.

However i see no real point whether thay are or arnt in that case,  as the local affiliates have a lot of rules for quota of emails  sent/ answered, chat requests sent etc.. and fines for various things.
As far as $10 being large, it would not really be to the paid chat girls? They make quite good money for a provincial city job. A vid chat girl should be doing 800 to 1500 USD monthly or she's slacking.
A good portion are still going to university so its part time and not  a bad gig.

;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 08:13:13 AM by Jumper »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 08:15:18 AM »
Maxx, army of brides? 
you can't be serious.

Please.please  just avoid all pay per letter  sites.period.

Offline LAman

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2014, 10:13:51 AM »
Agree- I actually doubt they are fined for missing a given  chat request, they can have several going but not 100 or 1000 at a time. lol
But i see alex's point that they can log out, i was assuming that was already a given.
I'd be more inclined to believe if they are logged in, not already chatting with a few men,
 and then don't respond to a chat request thay are fined ,as that makes perfect sense from the affliates point of view, and considering the software sends out chat requests to the men logged on anyway.

However i see no real point whether thay are or arnt in that case,  as the local affiliates have a lot of rules for quota of emails  sent/ answered, chat requests sent etc.. and fines for various things.
As far as $10 being large, it would not really be to the paid chat girls? They make quite good money for a provincial city job. A vid chat girl should be doing 800 to 1500 USD monthly or she's slacking.
A good portion are still going to university so its part time and not  a bad gig.

;D

Is it possible sure, for only a selected few. I looked up only AD girls, ~32000 girls. Let's say vid chat girls make 1000 usd monthly, that's what..... 32 million......and that is only small % of actual revenue? Looking at the numbers, $1 per minute vid chat or $.50 for chat, it would take girls 5.5 hours per day of vid chat to make $1000 monthly ( at 10% kickback) and 11 hours per day if just reg chat. Are my numbers off Jumper? ;)

BTW, that $10 is for every missed chat request. If girls made 10% of the revenue, it would take them 1.5 hours of vid chat or 3 hours chat to make up for 1 missed request.

Offline jone

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »
Is it possible sure, for only a selected few. I looked up only AD girls, ~32000 girls. Let's say vid chat girls make 1000 usd monthly, that's what..... 32 million......and that is only small % of actual revenue? Looking at the numbers, $1 per minute vid chat or $.50 for chat, it would take girls 5.5 hours per day of vid chat to make $1000 monthly ( at 10% kickback) and 11 hours per day if just reg chat. Are my numbers off Jumper? ;)

BTW, that $10 is for every missed chat request. If girls made 10% of the revenue, it would take them 1.5 hours of vid chat or 3 hours chat to make up for 1 missed request.

Having interviewed some Vid/Chat girls, $1000 seems to be the absolute highest amount of money made.  More typically, they make around $300 monthly.  It ain't too glamorous.  Of course, what they fleece through Western Union can offset the meager income.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Larry1

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2014, 10:32:38 AM »
Having interviewed some Vid/Chat girls, $1000 seems to be the absolute highest amount of money made.  More typically, they make around $300 monthly.  It ain't too glamorous.  Of course, what they fleece through Western Union can offset the meager income.

I hope you're not suggesting that the lovely Oksana from Odessa I met on Adate was deceiving me when she mentioned her beloved granny's upcoming gall bladder surgery and I wired her $500 to help pay for it.  Unfortunately the surgery wasn't successful and her granny died.  I asked Oksana how I could send flowers for the funeral.  She thanked me profusely and told me if I just wired her the money she would go out and buy the flowers. What a sweet and family-oriented girl.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:35:54 AM by Larry1 »

Offline LAman

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2014, 10:51:53 AM »

LAman, are you satisfied with the services of ADate? What are your experiences there? Most men have had bad experiences there and Alex hasn't told us anything different than other men who dated women working at ADate who decided to spill the beans about the operation. Why would those women lie? What is the benefit they get for spilling the beans except to clear their conscience?

To answer your question, no, AD is set up to make money. My experience has been good but I do not fall in love with pics and I try to get my contact info as soon as I feel comfortable with girl.
It cracks me up when guys speak of being allowed into a back room of an agency as letter writers are busy, that doesn't make sense to me. I take anything someone tells me with a grain of salt.... the truth usually lies somewhere in between. Talk can be very cheap.....

Offline alex330

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2014, 11:52:16 AM »
Having interviewed some Vid/Chat girls, $1000 seems to be the absolute highest amount of money made.  More typically, they make around $300 monthly.  It ain't too glamorous.

That's about the range my wife made on the chat and letter side of things. She was also a terp, so would make $15 per hour translating plus tips, dinner, drinks, etc.

One of the women we know just suffered a stroke (she is only about 28 yrs old)  from working all nighters chatting with men. Her grandmother had just passed away and she was trying to take care of her bedridden grandfather. Her agency was caught red handed and she was the one thrown under the bus and her pay withheld. The agency still operates and actually put her profile back up on Anastasia recently. Some guy who thought he was being cheated looked her up on Vk and contacted her. The ensuing conversation that was forwarded to my wife was hilarious.

In Adates defense on this one, they did remove her profile after several weeks of giving her the runaround.

Offline jone

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »
Yeah,

Alex, I know that story!  Recently a woman friend of mine found her profile up on the ADate system after she was already married.  The agency refuses to remove it.  I even went back on for her and filed a complaint to ADate to remove her profile.  That was a month ago.  It is still there every night because the profile is a winner and the Agency is making money on it.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »
To answer your question, no, AD is set up to make money. My experience has been good but I do not fall in love with pics and I try to get my contact info as soon as I feel comfortable with girl.
It cracks me up when guys speak of being allowed into a back room of an agency as letter writers are busy, that doesn't make sense to me. I take anything someone tells me with a grain of salt.... the truth usually lies somewhere in between. Talk can be very cheap.....

For clarity-

What doesnt make sense?
Guys going into the back room? (true that doesnt make sense)

Or that there is a back room with staff writing emails and chatting?
(actually the only room in a lot of those type affliates)

Offline Jumper

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2014, 04:16:34 PM »
Jone/LA man
Those numbers seem in line, although the percent paid per minute may be a bit off.I 'm unsure.  I could ask and get exact up to date numbers, from someone working,and is a top earner for the affiliate, but its a touchy subject with those i know , and frankly not worth it anyway? As those that belive its mostly sham will stay away regardless, and the  naysayers who dont believe that its  widespread ,wont listen anyway.Which is fine. :)

You know it isn't that hard too research that the affliates are paid, per minute of chat and per email by the large MOBs,  and how much.
It's difficult to find much on what the affliates pay per email or per minute when they hire women.
  Of the women hired, a great deal work part time, often because they are younger and in university still.My income reference was to full time, and full time is a lot of hours there, some  pull 50 to 60 hr weeks. Yes in any given affiliate that *hires* and say thats just a few girls that work full time so likely not that many pull down much pay.
 You state  $300 isnt glamourous and i agree, yet in a provicial city,it takes working a hard job and a lot of hours to generally earn that.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:18:57 PM by Jumper »

Offline LAman

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2014, 11:13:55 PM »
For clarity-

What doesnt make sense?
Guys going into the back room? (true that doesnt make sense)

Or that there is a back room with staff writing emails and chatting?
(actually the only room in a lot of those type affliates)

It makes no sense that any agency would allow guys going into a room where letters are being written, yet guys say they do. I have only been inside a couple agencies in all my time.

Offline jone

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2014, 11:42:49 PM »
Usually the agencies are a one room operation.  There is a nice area to receive you, but everything is typically open.  You can usually see everything that is going on.  I have only been in two.  But in each case, I could see women working on computers.   There were guys there too.

Offline steveboy

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2014, 06:11:00 AM »

Sure any guys looking for a genuine site with the Strictest scammer control out there, and genuine women , sorry no "Barbie dolls" or "Catwalk models" PM me I will give you free of charge 12 months subscription 8)

My advise to anyone looking to go on a tour is forget it. Second to that if you are so sad and lonely in life that  you need to cough up $5000 to meet some cheap sluts , you are probably unlikely to find anyone in real life anyway. Best spend the cash in Amsterdam, the Red light area has plenty of girls much cheaper than $5000 and you will not need to spend a fortune entertaining them :deadhorse: You could probably get a three week tour in Amsterdam for that price :-X

Offline steveboy

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2014, 08:20:18 AM »
I forgot to mention any guys signed up to my site are also welcome to PM with any women/ladies/girls details they feel they want to know better and are worried she maybe a scammer.

I can tell you 100% within 24 hours if your lady is genuine in her search.

NO scammers, players or serial daters ever get past my checks 8)

8)What more can you ask for??

Offline CarlR

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2014, 11:09:11 AM »
Dang - I feel so doggone lucky... ;-)

I started going to Russia back in 2000/2001...  Initially, I was interested in a lady from AFA (A Foreign Affair) - her name was Ineta from Jurmala, Latvia.

So, I went to see her a couple of times - but things just didn't seem 'propitious'. ;-)  Too many little things did NOT add up - so, I stopped that and started looking at Russia/Ukraine...

Investigating - I found that there was a reputable (fairly honest) agency in Yoshkar-Ola Russia (Mari-El) and started using this agency.  It was Maksim's (or Maxim's don't really remember) - and yes - the Agency was 'all about the money'...  However, Max (he was limited to a wheel-chair - both he and his brother... I think it was spinabifida (sp??)... was avaricious... but understood - that reputation was worth a lot...  So, Max was 'sudden death' to someone trying to scam.

I dealt with them for about 3 years - 5 or 6 two week trips to Yoshkar-Ola and never had a problem - as long as I remembered... Max offered damn near everything you needed... - for a fee.  Visa support, travel, gifts for ladies, assistance with K1 stuff...  - what ever you needed, Max and the Agency would provide... - and the prices were usually reasonable to a Western Man...

I was going over to meet 2 or 3 ladies in spring of 2004 - when the IRS here in the states crawled up my rectum...  I couldn't afford to go to Russia - so, I stopped  corresponding with the ladies - (I feel if you can't go to meet them - there is no need to waste their time talking with them... my time also ;-) )... - and after 3 or 4 years I got the IRS handled... but Max had died... and no one in his family had the wherewithal to handle all of the businesses he had going...  Travel Agency, Hotel, Photography studio, Dating Agency, Language school, Video conferencing, translators, etc...

So, no way to get in touch with one or two of the ladies I really wanted to meet. :-/  Oh well, such is life.

So, as I might have mentioned elsewhere - this last summer - I received a Facebook request from someone in Russia - and when I inquired as to how we knew each other - it was the lady I wanted to meet most from Yoshkar-Ola...

So, we have been Skyping almost every day for the last 4 months - and next Monday I go to Moscow to meet her.  The English lessons I paid Max for - have been greatly helpful - because her English is dang near better than most translators I've run into... ;-)

Something else that was fortuitous...  a gentleman here referred me to Alla K, as a translator - and she's meeting me when I arrive in Moscow.  We Skyped today and things are going swimmingly there...

Also, a salesman friend I know has a friend who lives/works in Moscow... - and I'm meeting him when I get there...  His name is Gary - from Pennsylvania...

Now Gary - when we were talking and he heard that this lady is from Yoshkar-Ola... told me that Yoshkar-Ola was the 'scam capital' of Russia...  So I asked my lady - and she said "Oh Yes, it is/was - but not so much now as over the past 3 or 4 years - most have gone to prison"...

I'm not too worried about my lady - (though, I will be 'observant' ;-) ) - because I met her through Maksim's... and if she had been a 'scammer' - she would not have been on Max's site... ;-)

Gents - my counsel is to 'pay attention'...  The reason I like Yoshkar-Ola - and other similar 'smaller' cities - is Moscow is like 18 million people... - so, think of going to NYC here in the states...  one description... expensive! ;-)  Also, the culture is becoming much more 'Western'...  The 'hinter lands' - well, I find that the ladies are more like the ones I was meeting 10 years ago... because... "Things have changed a LOT in the past few years!"

Gary - having lived there for several years - told me something I found interesting...  As Gary puts it... "in the USA when we marry we say 'for better and for worse'... - but in Russia... it is 'only for better!'..."  I'm not here to argue the veracity of this statement - but the ladies I've met in Russia are 'different' from ladies in the USA...  better educated, usually extremely capable, and an interesting mix of 'hopeless romantic'.. and 100% pragmatic...

So, next Monday - after 10 years - I'm going to finally head over...

As this thread seems to point out - it is so very important - to work with a reputable Agency (interface)...  The Agency *will* usually have to have some method of making money - otherwise they won't be in business for long... ;-)  If they are 'too cheap' - then - the profit motive will make 'scams' more probable...

This type of 'adventure' is not for the 'faint of heart'... nor the person who has extremely limited financial resources...  Gentlemen... I would suggest thinking about the old saying... "If something seems too good to be true... It probably *IS*! (too good to be for real!) "

Another thing to consider... - I was talking to my daughter... about some of the things my son had done concerning women... and I said... "Daughter Unit - I just don't understand..."  She said - "Dad, it's a physical limitation of a 'male'..."  "Huh??"  daughter continued... " The male human body only has enough blood - for ONE head to work at a time...  If the 'little one' is in control... the one on a man's shoulders is useless..."  Take that into consideration ;-)

All the Best!,
Carl...

"The church is near - but the roads are icy!
 The bar is far away… I will need to walk carefully!"

"There is never a need - to outrun… anything you can outwit!" (Garfield the Cat)

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »
Interesting post Carl.

Good Luck on your trip!

Offline ML

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2014, 12:53:21 PM »
"in the USA when we marry we say 'for better and for worse'... - but in Russia... it is 'only for better!'..."

I guess that explains why the divorce rate in Russia is dramatically lower than in USA.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701