It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How to lose weight without any diet?  (Read 19005 times)

Offline Natalia

• Commercial Member
  • Charming Brides Office-manager
How to lose weight without any diet?
« on: February 24, 2007, 08:10:40 AM »
How to lose weight without any diet? Get married with a Russian woman! It is hard to explain, but foreign men who get married with Russian women start losing weight after few months of common life. The lady Tatiana who moved to her husband Tom to Colorado tells us that his coworkers and friends asked to open the secret of getting slimmer: ” What is the reason, Tom? What is your diet? Or, is she so active that she does not let you sleep a minute at night?”
It is not only about night activity, it is really a diet! All of you know that east and west are very different not only in traditions, cultures, way of thinking, but also in nutrition habits. What do they like in America? Tatiana tells us: ”I noticed that they like different types of meet, vegetables, rarer sea-food, but it takes time to cook it and as a matter of fact they eat more of hamburgers and hot dogs with mayonnaise, ketch up or sauces. I used to work in a supermarket and always took some lunch with me; it usually was a piece of meet with fresh cucumber or tomato. My coworkers asked me how could I eat a fresh tomatoes, because it was such a “yuck” things in their opinion. When I gave some caviar to my husband, he found it so disgusting that he immediately went to brush his teeth! Kids can’t stand vegetables and use carrots and broccoli as bullets to through to each other when playing.” “I’ve seen a very impressive advertising where a boy saw in his nightmare that there was nothing to eat except beets, some kind of burger was promoting…”
Ukrainian culture tends to love veggies, they cook beets and tomatoes for Christmas dinner and caviar and sea-food is considered to be a delicates. Kids eat veggies from early childhood and find it very tasty! Russian wives usually cook real (not canned) soups and borsch for her family every day. Tatiana continues “Well, when I started cooking a typical Ukrainian way for Tom, to my big surprise, he began losing weight. I think the reason is in the diet rich with fresh veggies and fruits, using natural components instead of semi cooked ingredients, what differs a lot from his previous nutrition- can soups, hotdogs etc…”
“Though, I must note that Western people are more organized as for meal hours. They always eat at the same time. Ukrainians have a very late dinner- what is not very good for the stomach.”
Well, take the best things from all cultures, stay healthy and happy as we are!  ;)
Meet your fate on a Russian Date!
www.charmingbrides.com

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Re: How to lose weight without any diet?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 08:26:04 AM »
How to lose weight without any diet? Get married with a Russian woman! It is hard to explain, but foreign men who get married with Russian women start losing weight after few months of common life. The lady Tatiana who moved to her husband Tom to Colorado tells us that his coworkers and friends asked to open the secret of getting slimmer: ” What is the reason, Tom? What is your diet? Or, is she so active that she does not let you sleep a minute at night?”

Well, in six months I have lost 20 pounds!  More exercise  ;D LOL, day and night  ;), and hardly a single hamburger since she got here (uh....yeah, I sneaked out one day at lunch and had a whopper at Burger King, but only once.   :)LOL

We eat smaller meals and more salads and much, much less meat.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline El Rock

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:40:27 AM »
You mean it's not from  all the high intensity sex   demanded by the RW ??

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »
Has anyone ever seen a Jenny Craig commercial in the FSU? How about a South Beach Diet? Nutritional food bars to lose weight? Commercials with work out exercises to keep in shape? Do they even exist over there?
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 01:30:19 PM »
I lost over 30 lbs in the first four months I lived here, mostly because of the healthier food, walking everywhere and hauling 50 lb bags of cement and plaster up 8 floors when we were working on our apartment.  We eat more vegetables, less meat, a lot less snacks and munching out of boredom.  Certainly nothing boring about living here!  I returned to the US for a bit and immediately gained back 10 lbs, which I am now losing since my return.  I know I probably ate less there, and had plenty of exercise, so it had to be something with the food.

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • Helping People Understand Each Other
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 03:48:06 PM »
Exercising also rules. Just go to gym three times a week. Be active.
Igor Kalinin
Ukraine Guide Interpreter

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 01:04:12 AM »
It's very basic physics.  Eat fewer calories than you expend.  Either eat less or exercise more. Anyone who tries to tell you that you can defy this basic law of physics and still lose weight is a liar.

Offline Daveman

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 02:12:36 PM »
I'm afraid this diet method didn't work for me. On my last visit to Ukraine, as mentioned in another post, lived with her for 2.5 months.  This woman truly has a "magic kitchen".  She could go outside and gather rocks and dirt, come back inside and within 30 minutes we'd have a delicious meal. 

She cooked many different traditional dishes for me, which I think are a little higher in calories than what people normally eat each day, I don't know for sure. Some that i remember were Pelmini, Pan cakes, Zharkoya (or something like that) and many others. Most are very heavy meat dishes.  But, one thing is for sure -  I LOVE borsh.  It's amazingly delicious. Especially for a typical AM like me who thinks beets and cabbage should be classified as "Cruel and Unusual Punishment".  But after this Magic Soup, I went to the local hospital and grabbed an I.V. unit and she ran borsh through it 24/7 after that, then injected sour cream every few hours, and I was a happy camper with no worries.  Man, that stuff is to die for.

Anyway, we walked everywhere, got plenty of exercise, but I still managed to gain 5 lbs or about 2 kg.  Unbelievably delicious food, but probably not the typical diet. I think she was just showing me traditional cultural foods.

And about Ikra/Caviar - I don't get it. It has absolutely no flavor other than the Sea. To me it simply tasted like salt. May as well just shake some salt on a slice of buttered bread. I mean the red on the bread look pretty, but still, I don't know.  Maybe some people can't taste it?

David

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline prince_alfie

• Welcome to the Iao PROJECTS, my art gallery.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 05:11:51 PM »
Interesting but I plan not to lose any weight. I'm pretty average as it is. I do eat a lot of sushi so I don't know whether that's the main factor.

And no fast food. That's the worst culprit of them all.
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline Nando

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 10:41:26 AM »
During my 12 days stay in Ukriane I kept my weight but burn fat % increased 2% :o

The food is tasty but it contains a lot of fat, if you poor Americans loose fat and weight under a Russian/Ukrainian diet I can imagine the problem.

Just eat less fat and exercise to burn calories.

90% less heart attacks, colesterol and  big pharmacy companies revenues :D

Offline wiz

• Alt Forum
  • Born in Greece living in England
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 12:53:35 PM »
I totally agree with the original post and I have to add that a little of exersise, walking around, makes all the difference.

The time that I spent in Russia during the winter, which was about a month I eat normally, cooked a mixture of Russian and Greek food and yes I have lost over 10 kilos for doing nothing.

In my view is the fresh incredience and not so much fat and meat. Of course walking is the best way to loose weight.

Now I need to fix my trousers as all of them falling down....LOL

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »
Probably it depends a lot on one's personal metabolism. In my own case, I discovered that stress is my best weight reducer >:(.

Last year I went into a clinic to have a stone removed from my bladder, a procedure usually involving just an overnight stay. The procedure was performed with some abandon, overnight turned into 3 days, and I lost 3 Kg in the process (didn't do much walking while there, except a few promenades to an open balcony some 100 metres away, where I could have a much needed smoke ;)).

After that, I decided I'd rather keep some extra weight ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Son of Clyde

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 07:08:21 AM »
I love the commercial that states: "As of this morning I have lost 20 pounds." Now that is a crash diet and a bit of misrepresentation. Mentions nothing of when the lady began her diet.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 09:34:31 AM »
Last year I went into a clinic to have a stone removed from my bladder... ...and I lost 3 Kg in the process...

Wowwww... it was a big stone... maybe a rock ( :ROFL: and roll )

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 09:57:26 AM »
Wowwww... it was a big stone... maybe a rock ( :ROFL: and roll )
Actually, it was a 2cm stone, you fool ;D.

Had it been a 3 kg stone, I would have consulted a quarryman. and relied on his expertise on explosives ;) :D ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Daveman

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 08:13:25 AM »
LOL!! i just saw this...

Man, I'm not too keen on hospital operation video footage, but removing a "rock" with explosives is one I'd pay to see!!!  ;D
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline LEGAL

Monologue of a woman’s stomach belly
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 08:57:33 PM »
Monologue of a woman’s stomach belly
unknown author

Monday.
Morning.

So? She has dressed, left home and she is going go to work. Who will have breakfast? Who? Where is my porridge?!!! Aha!   Come on, smoke.  Now I show you my special trick.  Well, what about it? Do you feel sick?  It's no good smoking on an empty stomach belly. What is going here?

Afternoon.

Now I understand. Whole Saturday she spent with mirror. She thinks that she has a cellulite and she has put us on rigorous diet. Has anybody asked me?! Oh, no! I’m not a bang of hair. I will not tolerate such experiments. Are you ready? I begin to rrrumble. I don’t want your nasty kefir. Are you ready? I begin not only rumble but also utter an obscene sound and again show my special trick.

Evening.

I want to eat. EAT!!! GIVE ME SOME FOOD!!! I PROTEST!!! I DEMAND BEEFSTEAK!!! BEEFSTEAK!!!

Night.

Aha! Do you want to sleep? You will not see you sweet dream. I will not keep silence. Who is fool? Am I fool? I’m hungry. I don’t want your diet. I want to eat. Oh my sweet dream – chicken-grill!

Tuesday.
Morning.

I become exhausted… My strength comes to end… I again haven’t got my morning porridge… The gullet has digested whole leaf of cabbage. I have got nothing… Oh my God I have just this stupid woman. Why?

Afternoon.

I send the impulses to brain. Brain sends these impulses in a$$. Impulses have stuck in the A$$... What to do? What I can do? What is this? AGAIN KEFIR?! I DON’T LIKE YOUR NASTY KEFIR!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!!!

Evening.

I rumble… I rumble…  I strain myself to the utmost…  She doesn’t pay attention to me… WILE CREATURE! 

Night.

It is so tasty – lamb with mushrooms souse…  chocolate cake… with… cream…  m-m-m…  ice-cream… with… chocolate. My sweet dream… Rumble. Rrrrrrumble….   

Wednesday.
Morning.

I have got a little lettuce… What a rotten… I begin to forget the taste of porridge… It is something tender, warm and … rrrrumble…

Afternoon

What is this? HURRAY! KEFIR!!! MORE! MORE KEFIR! GIVE ME MORE….

Evening.

I’m so thin… All organs laugh at me… I hardly have digested two small radishes… I loss a level of my proficiency… 

Night.

I remember. When we were visiting parents our mama gave us soup for dinner! And beefsteak… Papa’s stomach belly and I were rumbling with joy and pleasure…

Thursday.
Morning.

I hope she will not smoke… she smokes… Sorry my dear it is involuntary movement… It is not bad… Sick will go away…  So? Where is my lettuce?!!! It is despotism!!!

Afternoon.
Hello kefir! I will digest you very slow… I don’t want to sit here alone… like fool…

Evening.

I had conversation with intestines. They are in shock to…   They say that all their reserve is coming to end… Oh! Oh! What is this? Plums? Such big plums?!!!  Is it all only for me?!!! WOW!   I go to digest…

Night.

Idiotic plums… I can not digest it… I can not any more. Hey intestines! Guys I send you…  what I can …  A lot of intestines… 8 meters and I’m alone… Thank you for help, Guys!

Friday
Very early morning.

We sit in toilet and say “good by” to plums… 

Morning.

I go crazy… I have got a yogurt… with oat cookies!!! Without question plums exert influence on mind!   

Afternoon.

Hello kefir! Come in. I have some cookies for you. 

Evening.

We sit in restaurant with a man and smell meal of other people. Come on. Lets order. We did not eat whole week. Hush! The man has said her that she looks nice but has lost flesh to much… He has said her that she needs to eat! What a man. Smart man! I will eat…  I’M EATING!!!

Late evening.

Rrrumble… What is she drinking? What is this? Mushrooms? Hello Martini! Oh! Vodka! My respect to you. Guys, what a wonderful evening! Liver, shut up! Everything under control.

Night.

Good by, mushrooms… Good by vodka! Good by beefsteak! What a foodstuffs go to waste.  :puke: Sorry It is not trick Sorry..

Hello mineral water!!!  I am so glad to see you. You are  most welcome we keep to a rigorous diet…

translation from Russian into English

Olga
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:05:14 PM by LEGAL »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2235
Total: 2245

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM