It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Back up plan  (Read 5329 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Back up plan
« on: November 16, 2020, 12:53:25 PM »
RWD 10 Commandments NUMBER TWO
Always have a back-up plan.

What happens when it doesn't work out? You go to your backup plan.

Is your backup plan a conscious decision to sit in your room and suck
your thumb until it's all white and wrinkly? Because that's what a lot
of guys do. They spend the rest of their trip feeling sorry for themselves
and then they go back online and try to get their ex paramour on some
sort of scam list.

Other guys decide they are going to be tourists or go to some Cultural event
etc blah, blah, blah. They are giving up.

I am experienced in this. I have spent months getting to know a girl, talking
about everything under the sun. In Skype, emails, sms every single day for
months. The girl wants this to work and I want it to work and then I fly to
see her and CRAP it doesn't work.

It's really very natural to be bummed out. I sure as hell was. I tell everyone
to be cautiously optimistic that things might not work out but it's impossible
to do this without your emotions getting involved. You are trying to win over
the heart of a woman from afar and you put your emotions into it.

If you are not from Europe then the costs of making a trip to the FSU are
considerable and you probably took vacation time and rented an apartment
for a week or so.

So now you are sitting in the Mecca of hot unmarried women, you have ten
days left on your vacation and you can decide to give your thumb some love
or you can decide to see if the girl of your dreams might live just around the
corner.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

Back up plan
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 01:41:15 PM »
A 'back up plan' is for those on a visit one trip who didn't do due diligence.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Back up plan
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 02:07:48 PM »

If you are just like Moby then you don't need a backup plan.

This forum made it the second commandment because most guys fail the
first time

Some guys have success the first time and I certainly hope none of you
have all the trips to meet a girl where it didn't work out like I did. I didn't
start out knowing all this crap. I figured it out as I went along.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 12:01:46 PM by AnonMod »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
Back up plan
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 09:14:24 PM »

That unfortunate horse has been tenderized into pudding.

:deadhorse:   :deadhorse:   :deadhorse:   :deadhorse:   :deadhorse:
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Back up plan
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 03:33:54 PM »
When you are in the FSU and things don't work out with the
girl you are seeing many guys go into a funk. I know I did. I
spent all this time trying to win the heart of a girl and then it
doesn't work out. I would spend an evening feeling sorry for
myself, then give myself a pep talk and then go meet new girls.

This has happened to me a number of times. One of those times
was in Voronezh Russia and I started meeting new girls and guess
what?! I found my Angel Eyes. If I had sat in my apartment feeling
sorry for myself then I would never have met the love of my life.

Do you think that I wasn't bummed out? Yeah, I was. I spent the
time, efforts and emotions and it totally sucked, but I went back
and started trying to get meetings for coffee or lunch with FSU
girls and tried to put on my best face. In the end it worked out.

You can read all about my trials and tribulations here
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 03:41:24 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
Back up plan
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 05:38:34 PM »
When meeting a woman for a first date, my experience has been that if it doesn't work out, then it is most likely a blessing.
Life is short, and the world has plenty of single women to pursue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch/7hx4gdlfamo
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline I/O

Back up plan
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 10:01:03 PM »
IMO, any first trip should largely be a fact finding exercise. If you meet a lady, it doesn't work out and you are peeved, then put simply, you were way over invested before you met.

We've all done it but it's still a mistake to invest too much before meeting. Frankly, chat messengers, Skype etc tend to feed this.

Mrs and I never used any of that before meeting but we did after. We didn't plan it that way but it worked that way.

My advice for back up plans - tourism...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Back up plan
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 01:54:27 AM »
IMO, any first trip should largely be a fact finding exercise. If you meet a lady, it doesn't work out and you are peeved, then put simply, you were way over invested before you met.

We've all done it but it's still a mistake to invest too much before meeting. Frankly, chat messengers, Skype etc tend to feed this.

Mrs and I never used any of that before meeting but we did after. We didn't plan it that way but it worked that way.

Exactly! Tourism shouldn't be seen as a poor second. It helps a guy learn about the culture and he can see how Ukrainians are, that can be invaluable and all help. Flying in and being oblivious of the culture and society isn't a great place to be. That said I can understand for Americans and those from further afield that it's an expensive way to spend time for what was supposed to be a trip to meet a significant other.

When I was in Lviv I mixed tourism with drumming up another woman to meet, it's not a bad way to do it. Most sites only have so many other women to message so you can message them at night or briefly in the morning before going out or around lunchtime when back for a rest. Anything urgent can be done from mobile phone on the move but generally it means you can spend the rest of the day doing tourism while you wait for one to come up.

Generally I would say unless you're an above average guy in looks, etc it's probably going to take a few days to get another girl up unless you get lucky. Even trying to get back ups ready to call up before you go isn't that easy unless again if you're above average vin looks or get lucky. A lot of sites has a lot of guys competing to message with girls and that's before it comes down to whether she likes your look or not. Some guys might have girls to call up off VK or Facebook but most won't as it's not a straight forward process as online dating sites tend to be.

I agree with not getting overinvested in a girl beforehand the odds for most guys aren't in their favour. I agree that Skype & messaging a lot can build into that and to be honest you might as well go out there and blind date as a lot of that stuff doesn't help that much anyway. It's really all a case of getting the girls up though of course some connection is handy so the girl feels invested enough to show up.

I think Mobe's method is somewhat different. I think there are two aspects to the due diligence he states. One, finding out that the girl is not after a WM for dubious reasons, as an immigration mule, after his wealth, shopping spree, wanting a sponsor, etc. Second, that her character is generally good. Third, that her personality and interests are on a similar or complimentary wavelength.

For each girl messaging online then skyping that is quite a lot of due diligence work. It may well pay off but I don't think their me are guarantee's and odds are even on meeting it may take more than meeting the first girl before one comes up with the necessary chemistry. Surface to say it's quite a labour intensive process suitable for those that have long periods to time to while away at home. Many of us unfortunately don't have that sort of time to hand or lack the enthusiasm for it.

I reckon there is a way to come good in dating abroad if the guy wants to improve his odds and that is to go for girls that are underpar on the looks front. They will be girls who will value the guy meeting them, probably less likely to try it on, etc, etc. So a potential quick win there. Many guys skip over these girls for the more attractive ones, I know I do or at least average looks girls. However, if the guy wants the job done quick and a girl that is less likely to mess him around and isn't too bothered about looks then the unattractive girl can be close to a sure thing. Myself I can't bring myself to date  an ugly girl as I just can't feel right about it but on the upside their not likely to run off with other men though maybe that's not such a good thing, lol.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:43:54 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
Back up plan
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 01:54:53 AM »

:thumbsup:
Frankly, chat messengers, Skype etc tend to feed this.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Back up plan
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 02:42:48 AM »
What shocks me is why at this time anyone would consider such a venture? You can't travel. It might be months (years?) before you can. The world is changing. Economic collapse is possible. Depression? Certainly. How are you going to afford to support her?

Outside my still-not-opened restaurant I had a conversation with a man who owns a restaurant nearby. He pointed to my worker a young woman of 35 and asked what of her when the next lockdown occurs? The poor woman lives in a 2 meter by 2 meter room she pays 130 Lari a month ($40) for. She has been stripped of her 9 year old daughter by the State (previous to my employment) because she does not have a suitable environment to raise her. All across Georgia there are similar tales. Massive unemployment and shuttered businesses. This NOT the time to be in the International wife hunt mode.

Offline msmob

Back up plan
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 04:32:31 AM »

You're from the era when those things were relatively new ..

Unfortunately ( or fortunately as it turned out ) I was confronted with repeating the exercise and 'Skype' et al need not be an 'over investment', rather ..an excellent filter

SO many guys tip up and indulge in  'speed dating' many time zones from home...

Quite

Offline ML

Back up plan
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 09:41:02 AM »

The poor woman lives in a 2 meter by 2 meter room . . .

Maxx, rethink those numbers.

In feet, that would be about 6.5 feet by 6.5 feet.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Back up plan
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 12:35:24 PM »
What shocks me is why at this time anyone would consider such a venture? You can't travel. It might be months (years?) before you can. The world is changing. Economic collapse is possible. Depression? Certainly. How are you going to afford to support her?

Outside my still-not-opened restaurant I had a conversation with a man who owns a restaurant nearby. He pointed to my worker a young woman of 35 and asked what of her when the next lockdown occurs? The poor woman lives in a 2 meter by 2 meter room she pays 130 Lari a month ($40) for. She has been stripped of her 9 year old daughter by the State (previous to my employment) because she does not have a suitable environment to raise her. All across Georgia there are similar tales. Massive unemployment and shuttered businesses. This NOT the time to be in the International wife hunt mode.

Seriously, I think a lot of people prefer to look to times when they are more like what we have known. So in a way living in the past as it's more familiar ground and something preferable to talk about. For me my world has not changed that much, I still work in the same job I have done for years, unless I'm very unfortunate it's not under threat. The rest of my week continues as before, doing my house conversion which I managed to continue without too much disruption from the virus. The gym is the only thing that I no longer do, I got a couple of bits of home gym in but the virus and other problems have taken me away from any real use of that. So my world is not as turned upside down as many others. Here many well known busineses are going to the wall or close to it, businesses that were going decently enough before the virus, Peacocks, Jaegar and Caffe Nero being among recent companies falling into trouble.

I think though that where these businesses vacate that new opportunities will likely emerge and new investors and business people willing to fill the gap. I don't think things will be totally back to normal next year I reckon it will take a while longer. I'm not fully convinced the vaccine will solve the problem instantly.

Interesting to get some feedback on the situation in Georgia though Maxx. I've heard the GD 'stole' the Election their and apparently in a worse way than in the US. I didn't know the economy was that bad, I heard it wasn't great but didn't think it would tank it so soon. I'm guessing Ukraine's economy is not much better.

Flights out being banned or not a good idea at the moment with rising virus cases out there (as here) and not great health care system probably means most guys are looking at possibly getting out there from around Spring next year.

So at the moment we're indeed talking of a world that currently doesn't exist like it used too and will likely be a bit different when/if it returns next year.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline rwd123

Re: Back up plan
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 06:34:06 PM »

Judging by this board there is almost nobody considering such a venture, nor has been in recent years. It's mainly old codgers reminiscing about days of yore.

I read that GDP has dropped greater than during the Great Depression, things are much worse than people realize and it is due to government lockdowns (not a virus). It is also being used as a cover story for debt default at almost biblical proportion given the public and private debt levels in the West (and in the world).

I am itching to travel but it is just too risky as there are too many variables to plan even a month in advance. Specific to this forum, Russia is effectively closed to almost all foreigners, Belarus has civil unrest, Moldova just had elections (not sure how stable the country is), Ukraine is... well, Ukraine. The southern Caucasus is mostly off limits, Kyrgyz Republic is having its latest rebellion. Last I checked Kazakhstan and other central Asian countries had closed borders. So the FSU is mostly inaccessible or not that desirable to visit right now.

That's not even considering the risk of COVID. A woman I know in Siberia suspects she recently contracted it. Sounded a lot like influenza symptoms but with loss of smell and taste. The winter months aren't going to be a great time to be in cold climates. On the flip side, crisis creates opportunity, so if you are resourceful then there may be new doors open... I'm just waiting for the Russian door to open which has been closed to me since March!

Offline rwd123

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 06:36:36 PM »
Specific to the OP, if you travel half way around the world for a woman you've never met, well in my books you're a goose. Probably more a turkey if you don't have a Plan B, C and D. Right now you may want to chicken out until things become more stable.

I may need to duck after such poultry advice.

Offline msmob

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 11:18:57 PM »
Specific to the OP, if you travel half way around the world for a woman you've never met, well in my books you're a goose. Probably more a turkey if you don't have a Plan B, C and D. Right now you may want to chicken out until things become more stable.

I may need to duck after such poultry advice.

Not so much duck as needing tweezers to remove shotgun pellets from yer arse for that ol' codger remark )

You called  it re FSU dating, unless you can prove ' essential business / family reasons '.

Going to visit one lady, with due diligence beforehand , makes you the  'King'... You came to see her and  should know her (other than how she smells and how compatible you are in the sack.)

This is a perfect time to use video chat to plan either a VO or VM trip as you can pass the time and see how each other copes with the stress of not being able to make a plan.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Back up plan
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2020, 01:44:37 AM »

Going to visit one lady, with due diligence beforehand , makes you the  'King'... You came to see her and  should know her (other than how she smells and how compatible you are in the sack.)

Many people don't have your superior high rate of success with due diligence.
Most people don't have your superior high rate of success with due diligence.

Having a back up plan isn't a bad idea for most people who don't have your
stellar success. I've asked you in another thread to give insights about how
you are so successful, but you haven't been able to describe your methods
in words that would lead the average guy to reliably repeat your very high
success rate.

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Back up plan
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2024, 10:50:01 AM »
RWD 10 Commandments NUMBER TWO
Always have a back-up plan.

What happens when it doesn't work out? You go to your backup plan.

This is guideline is number two for a reason. This has happened to me
many times.
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2024, 11:51:34 AM »
This NOT the time to be in the International wife hunt mode.

There is no such thing as International wife hunting inside of Georgia.
You have to move there. Once you move there you need to meet a girl, 
then spend two years courting one of them to see if it will work out.

You can go to Belarus, Moldova, or to Poland to visit Western Ukraine.

FSUW don't do vague

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2024, 12:40:43 PM »
you're all DOING THIS WRONG!!!
you don't go fishin for some particular fish...
you put yo little worm on the hook and drop it in water and try and snag one
and you just wait quietly til ya do, every once in awhile, jerk the worm on the hook(BeeFarmer!)
the fish is ONLY yours when it takes your bait, and you reel it in
when that fish is in your boat, it's YOURS

if the fish took your bait
and the fish is edible, you keep it, if not, you throw it back
it's NOT freakin hard to do this there, and be a "fisher of women"

I had a little 25 foot sailboat in Crimea, even that tiny boat was a chick magnet
a 40 foot cabin cruiser flying an American Flag will cause a non-stop "Pussy Parade" in some place like Odesa, you better stock the galley with LOTS of booze and snacks, cuz you gonna have LOTS of company!

OTOH, AI generated porn is gonna be SO GOOD in a few more years, that you Incels ain't gonna go ANYWHERE

I'm sure Bee Farmer has a "solution in hand" for dealing with his MAXIMUM LEVEL of sexual frustration...
I wonder WHAT it could be????
and how does performing this action relate to his "integrity" as a "sinful seed spiller" which the Bible clearly is against
ohhh, the hypocrisy...

« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 12:57:03 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Daveman

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2024, 03:43:45 PM »

and how does performing this action relate to his "integrity" as a "sinful seed spiller" which the Bible clearly is against
ohhh, the hypocrisy...

It's been a while since I was indoctrinated in Ye Olde Fire and Brimstone Southern Baptist Christian school, but IIRC, God didn't fubar the seed spiller for the actual act of spilling the seed... it's was either for not porkin' his dead brother's wife or for not wanting to get her pregnant and either pulling out early or taking matters in his own hands...  or the talking donkey wandered over and told him to.  Either way, it looks like he did indeed have a backup plan for the situation.  8) 8)
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Online krimster2

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 04:04:42 PM »
it ain't ONLY about Onan
protestant theology has been very strongly anti-self-gratication for AGES
"Today, Roman Catholic (including Eastern Catholic), Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox and some Protestant Christians consider masturbation to be a sin"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_masturbation

so Bee Farmer ain't too good at keepin his integrity or his hands clean

Offline ML

Spilling seed
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2024, 07:35:20 PM »
Spilling seed a sin.  Only males can spill seed.

So masturbation by females is not a sin ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Back up plan
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2024, 09:33:27 AM »
you're all DOING THIS WRONG!!!

Go where the fish are and go where they are biting.
You don't go to Alaska or Norf Dekody if you are looking
for a woman. You go there is you are looking for real fish
like salmon (Alaska), Walleye (North Dakota) or
mosquitoes (Alaska state bird) or frost bite (Both)

The FSU is a target rich environment if you are looking for
slim, feminine women. If you like smart, educated women
like I do, they have a surplus! They have extra's just waiting
the newbie reading this to show up romance them, seduce them
and win their hearts.

I am 6-7 tall and I wanted a woman at least 5-6, so that things
fit together best. That's why I didn't go elsewhere. I went where
they were not valued like I would value them.

If you are an incel, or shy, or not as confident as I am, you should
work on yourself, hit the gym 5-6 times per week, learn some Russian
while you are on the treadmill and join toastmasters.

If you want to make excuses, or complain, do it to someone else, somewhere
else.   

"It is wise to direct your anger towards problems - not people; to focus your
energies on answers - not excuses."
William Arthur Ward
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 09:56:44 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online krimster2

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2024, 09:50:08 AM »
In Russia, seed spills YOU!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1973
Total: 1984

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM