It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: New member seeking some guidance  (Read 29438 times)

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: New member seeking some guidance
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2015, 03:15:00 AM »
And my point was, that idea, told to you by a RW, and swallowed by you in its entirety, is "a fairy tale for foreigners".

ehhh No!

She told me this in these word, and I quoted them since I thought they pointed out the state of mind/expectations in a very good way, but I have heard this several times from multiple sources, and not only from people from/within FSU.

Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline zooble

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2015, 06:06:11 AM »
Asides from everything everyone has already grilled the OP about, our OP is promising a free education... he's basing that on her applying for a fellowship/scholarship on her own merit. They don't exactly hand those out to everyone. Knowing that, I don't know anyone who would give up their current education for a puff of smoke.

John A

Regarding to travel to see her, it is wise to have a Plan B in case things did not work out.    I know an American man (from Luckylovers website) who was about your age, flew all the way to Moscow from USA.   When she saw him at the airport, she did not like the way he looked so she ran off.  Luckily, he has a friend from Luckylovers site who happened to live in Moscow.

That's why you need realistic and current photos (the girls too) to keep expectations realistic. I remember reading something on antidate about some poor girl who went to the airport to meet a man and he was bald with false teeth and fatter. I mean if that's like someone here, no offence, but she also wrote that all the pictures she received were nothing like that. She probably received photos that were taken 10-20 years ago! She was lied to about his looks, what else was a lie?

There is no reason for someone to turn around on first sight of you (and they truly intended to meet indicated by her showing at the airport) unless you've set yourself up for failure by lying from the beginning, or bad breath.  :D

Offline GatoMoon

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2015, 06:29:06 AM »

That's why you need realistic and current photos (the girls too) to keep expectations realistic. I remember reading something on antidate about some poor girl who went to the airport to meet a man and he was bald with false teeth and fatter. I mean if that's like someone here, no offence, but she also wrote that all the pictures she received were nothing like that. She probably received photos that were taken 10-20 years ago! She was lied to about his looks, what else was a lie?

There is no reason for someone to turn around on first sight of you (and they truly intended to meet indicated by her showing at the airport) unless you've set yourself up for failure by lying from the beginning, or bad breath.  :D

Exactly.  I met a woman from Colombia 8 years ago as 'friend'.  She appears herself in LatinAmericanCupid site and STILL use the same photos 8 years ago !!!

As for me, I wouldn't meet anyone until I've seen them in webcam.  I've 'met' many Dominican Republic women in website who AGED at least 10 years when I saw them in webcam !!!

Offline zooble

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2015, 07:53:54 AM »
Exactly.  I met a woman from Colombia 8 years ago as 'friend'.  She appears herself in LatinAmericanCupid site and STILL use the same photos 8 years ago !!!

As for me, I wouldn't meet anyone until I've seen them in webcam.  I've 'met' many Dominican Republic women in website who AGED at least 10 years when I saw them in webcam !!!

Hahaha that's hilarious and messed up!

I should sell custom web cams over there... "takes 10 years off" will be the slogan 8)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
New member seeking some guidance
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2015, 08:11:19 AM »
Hahaha that's hilarious and messed up!

I should sell custom web cams over there... "takes 10 years off" will be the slogan 8)

Actually it's the opposite, if you look good on a plastic fish eyed webcam lens then
you will look even better in real life.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline John_A

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
Asides from everything everyone has already grilled the OP about, our OP is promising a free education... he's basing that on her applying for a fellowship/scholarship on her own merit. They don't exactly hand those out to everyone. Knowing that, I don't know anyone who would give up their current education for a puff of smoke.

Yes I gave her photos very recent. . .snap several pics of myself in the mirror and send them immediately after taking them.

I supported her finishing her ed in Russia and then if she wanted to go further was fully confident she could do so for free in the states, and I would support that. . . yes she would apply on her merit but she had the goods.

Offline JayH

« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2015, 03:27:32 AM »
A bump-hoping for an update   :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701