It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is it over?  (Read 28707 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Is it over?
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 07:39:52 AM »
You're simply stating the facts GC!  :clapping:

It's a small wonder that so many have pulled up stakes and moved out.l

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 08:07:18 AM »
hey Manny,
   at the risk of being massively flamed by everyone:

the American guy in this picture is not very good looking :(, yet when he was in Kyiv on Kreschatik, dressed a LOT better than he was in this photo, he’d wait for super models to approach him on the sidewalk, women who on a scale of 1-10 were at least a 9, (and we’re talkin’ a Ukrainian 9), and he’d approach them and ask them politely in Russian if they knew where the “Gum” department store was, which was just a few blocks down the street, they would usually take him there, and then he’d ask them out, his success rate was 50%, meaning half of the super models would be dates later that evening, he usually had a pretty good time....

disclosure, photo was his village clothes, and didn't have a working shower until later that day, so appearance is a bit "dull"

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2016, 01:56:30 PM »
hey Manny,
   at the risk of being massively flamed by everyone.... the American guy in this picture is not very good looking

Nonsense.  He certainly is "better looking than a monkey" (for you novices, this is a FSU expression).  To his credit, he is trim, affable and intellectual.   Many RW appreciate the latter two, so I am sure he had a "pretty good time" on many occasions. 

Two small "flames" for others to consider: 

1.   Before venturing to the FSU, a man should take steps to improve his physical appearance.  The man in the photo is not overweight, the negative term Manny associates with AM.  Yet he could improve his sense of prestige, confidence and power  by working on his posture.  Maybe he was tired from a long day of  pulling weeds and planting potatoes at his dacha.

2.  Why the white shoes?  RW generally dislike such.   

...disclosure, photo was his village clothes, and didn't have a working shower until later that day, so appearance is a bit "dull"

It matters little to the UW beside him as she seems  proud to be with her man.   Thanks for sharing the photo.  It is interesting because it gives a hint of an untold story off the unbeaten path.   The film color makes me think of some Soviet era phots I have seen. 

Online krimster2

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 02:26:12 PM »
Hi Gator,
  about the posture in the picture, I had a VERY long and frustrating day of doing plumbing work with my father-in-law so we could have a bathtub/shower/toilet, but if I remember correctly I was trying to put my face next to my wife’s, I’m a pretty tall guy.

the white shoes were from California, and were EXTREMELY comfortable, San Francisco to NYC to Moscow to Kyiv to Sevastopol, was more than 24 hours in small seats not meant for a tall ‘fella like me, even feet need to be comfortable for this marathon.  when I actually moved there, I ditched all California clothing and bought local clothes and became a “man in black”, clean shoes and socks are VERY important over there because by Russian custom, you always take your shoes off when entering someone’s house, and you wouldn’t want to have any embarrassing foot odor!

Is Manny English?  My dad was stationed near Surry, UK from 1943-1944, and he told me stories of  how English men were upset by Yanks who dated the local women, maybe he carries some kind of historic grudge?

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2016, 04:04:59 PM »
My dad was stationed near Surry, UK from 1943-1944
Was that the county of Surrey, SW of London ;)?

and he told me stories of  how English men were upset by Yanks who dated the local women
They complained that Yanks were:
"Oversexed, overpaid and over here"

The GIs' rejoinder was calling the Brits:
"Underpaid, undersexed and under Eisenhower"
:D
Milan's "Duomo"

Online krimster2

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2016, 04:19:29 PM »
Hi Sandro

I suspect it was, since my dad told me stories of going to London by hitching a ride on a "lorry" while he was there, I can see where English men wouldn't have liked American men very much!  fortunately they worked together on the battlefield

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 04:41:56 PM »
Problems at that time:

- A lot of UK servicemen were serving overseas (North Africa, Far East, etc.), leaving their fiancées/spouses alone.
- Food was scarce and poor, since German U-boats were sinking a lot of the merchantmen carrying home most foodstuffs and other consumer goods - not many know that UK food rationing was finally terminated in 1954, almost 10 years after the end of WWII :o (http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/4/newsid_3818000/3818563.stm).

No wonder there was some Brit resentment towards young, "wealthy" GIs - who understandably took advantage of the prevailing grim situation ;).

A similar situation developed in occupied Germany at the end of WWII, but of course the defeated Germans could not really complain, also considering that things in their Soviet-occupied territory were MUCH worse in comparison.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:52:59 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline GoldGerard

• Commercial Member
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2016, 04:02:22 AM »
I tend to agree with the first response to this topic by ML: "The FSU gals are not superior to USA gals in looks, intelligence and education.  But the point is; you cannot have these USA gals, while you can have the FSU gals." + "they do tend to be more slender and you can attain a younger woman".

One more difference though. From what I hear from women (and I am talking to FSU girls daily through Elena's Models blog in Russian), they are even more crazy about the whole idea of marriage as the centre of a woman's happiness than 20 years ago. The propaganda in the media about women not needing to worry about anything but being "a good wife" is tenfold of what it used to be.

So, FSU girls do not see their existence without a man they are attached to. Having "a good husband" is still #1 on the list of women's values, as opposed to what girls usually hold as their life values in the USA.

So, the answer to your question: "Is it over?" - Definitely not.

Offline Darth_Budda

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2016, 04:38:58 AM »
My opinion

American girls are taught... You do not need a man to be successful...
Ukrainian girls are taught... You should find a successful man...  So you can be successful, togarther..

I also think on average,,, they act a few years younger than an american woman..
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541335
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843