It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Are women currently wanting to make an exodus from Ukraine?  (Read 16412 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Are women currently wanting to make an exodus from Ukraine?
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 05:25:00 PM »

Every woman who is willing to date a foreign man is willing to relocate.  Period.  End of story.

Every woman who is willing to date a foreign man is willing to consider relocating with the right man.

The degree of consideration varies widely among FSUW.    At one end, some FSUW will consider almost any mule man and do not require loving feelings.    At the other end are women who pose a challenge - they have a good life in the FSU and will not relocate unless they feel true love. 

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 05:31:34 PM »
Doesn't matter.  If she is on international dating site, she's already considered whether or not she is willing to relocate.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 08:21:17 PM »
Doesn't matter.  If she is on international dating site, she's already considered whether or not she is willing to relocate.

:ROFL:

You are on a RW discussion forum, and you are not always willing to discuss. 

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 09:37:42 PM »

Are you in the right forum, Gator?? A RW discussion forum? Where???
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmob

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 11:35:12 PM »

???!!  Scratches head..

Trying to catch the humour ...seems possibly more catty sarcastic ?....

Offline Gator

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 06:55:14 AM »
???!!  Scratches head..

Trying to catch the humour ...

Interesting - the source of much baffling admits to being baffled. 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 07:39:32 AM »
???!!  Scratches head..

yup, he is just being passive aggressive, not humorous, a normal occurrence. Boethius discusses topics just fine, based on her own experience.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 07:41:57 AM »
???!!  Scratches head..

I believe Gator was using humor to discuss a serious subject. That Boe not only wants to be ruler of the forum, but is the ruler of the forum. Her (and one or two others) opinions are all that matter. I mentioned this in a post a few months ago and since, at least one member that butted heads with her is banned. As well as another treasured member hasn't posted in months. To be honest, RWD, has become as bad as RUA.

HDL

And before you post a snarky reply Moby (AKA STD Boy), I will post what I want, when I want. (Paraphrasing Boe from a post last week  :D )

Offline fathertime

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 08:14:09 AM »

And before you post a snarky reply Moby (AKA STD Boy),

isn't that kind of a cheap shot?  The guy has been forward regarding his affliction, rather than hiding it...and has provided pretty good advice based on his own poor choices.

. As well as another treasured member hasn't posted in months. To be honest, RWD, has become as bad as RUA.

although I didn't always agree with Muzh, I'd like to get his take on things too!  I don't think Boethius has been a factor in his lack of posts though...

I believe Gator was using humor to discuss a serious subject. That Boe not only wants to be ruler of the forum, but is the ruler of the forum. Her (and one or two others) opinions are all that matter.

Not humor he was using, just passive aggressiveness.   Who are these 2 people's opinions that actually matter?  seems to me that everyone gets a fair say, and the forum leans republican/trump if anything.

Fathertime! 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:16:10 AM by fathertime »

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 08:24:55 AM »
FT,

Not talking about Muzh. I am talking about another member...

Moby deserves all the venom he gets. He has mistreated people across two forums. He openly lies and obfuscates.

Just my opinion, but most folks on here are unhappy with Trump's "My way or the highway atitude". But yet this is how myself (and others) see Boe's behavior on this forum.

HDL

Offline fathertime

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »
FT,

Not talking about Muzh. I am talking about another member...

Moby deserves all the venom he gets. He has mistreated people across two forums. He openly lies and obfuscates.

Just my opinion, but most folks on here are unhappy with Trump's "My way or the highway atitude". But yet this is how myself (and others) see Boe's behavior on this forum.

HDL

K, but i haven't had very good history with Moby either, yet on that one particular topic of his affliction, he has been pretty open and rather helpful in his own way.  I just thought it was a little low to mock/namecall him over his condition. 

The way Trump behaves and the way Boethius behaves are way different.  I had to disagree vehemently with Boethius in the past, and she merely made her points (which I didn't agree with) and I made mine...no problem.  Trump is a different animal, and that is more concerning, given he is the 'da man', he has to be checked.

Fathertime! 

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 10:25:49 AM »

I believe Gator was using humor to discuss a serious subject. That Boe not only wants to be ruler of the forum, but is the ruler of the forum. Her (and one or two others) opinions are all that matter. I mentioned this in a post a few months ago and since, at least one member that butted heads with her is banned. As well as another treasured member hasn't posted in months. To be honest, RWD, has become as bad as RUA.

HDL

And before you post a snarky reply Moby (AKA STD Boy), I will post what I want, when I want. (Paraphrasing Boe from a post last week  :D )

My response was not "my way or the highway".  It was merely that I didn't feel like discussing it further.  My ego is not so bound up in a forum that I need to have everyone agree with me.  Frankly, differing opinions are more interesting.

I don't have the power to ban anyone.  So you are wrong on that count as well.  Plus, I always argue against the banning of every poster.  Every. single. one.

Slumba was not banned because he disagreed with me.  He was moderated for racist posts, and he took offense to being moderated, notwithstanding the fact he received plenty of warnings.  He was  banned because he threatened the forum.  You can take up his banning with Admin, as that is who banned him.   Moreover, Slumba was given the opportunity to return despite that banning.  It is his decision not to return.  If it is because he can't disparage "brown people" and "feral blacks", that's his choice.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 10:47:14 AM »
Are women currently wanting to make an exodus from Ukraine?

Well, whether or not this is true, and if the general chatter and yakking in forums such as this over some trivial matters like this subject, reflects the overall world outside of Ukraine; UW ought to reserve the right of first refusal.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 11:02:17 AM »
Folks, my baffling post had nothing to do with Boethius and moderation.  NOTHING! No more discussion on moderation please. 

To explain, my post was consistent with the title of the thread - "Are women currently wanting to make an exodus from Ukraine?"

Boe says the mere act of the listing on an international dayting agency means a FSUW is "willing to relocate."  I say Boe infers too much.  All it means at best is she is "willing to consider relocating" dependent upon many factors.   Do not infer anything bad or good about a woman's decision to list herself with a bridal agency.

Many individuals have become members of RWD, suggesting they are willing to discuss RW topics.  However, few members actually make the effort to discuss topics.  There are many reasons for not joining discussions.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Are women currently wanting to make an exodus from Ukraine?
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 12:16:36 PM »
You're overthinking this, Bill.

Possibly, but I was responding to the OP and any newbies who might read this thread
to explain my theories on various women that they should avoid.

I wouldn't put too much store in what is listed on a profile to reject a woman based on this.

Looks like we agree on that.
From reading this, it sounds like you might be referring to her profile and I wouldn't
recommend taking too much stock in it.

According to most the recent polls, 65% of Ukrainians wish to leave Ukraine permanently. 

It's been years since I've been to Ukraine. It was more like 5% or less when I was there
last.

You're overthinking this, Bill.

Every woman who is willing to date a foreign man is willing to relocate.  Period.  End of story.  I wouldn't put too much store in what is listed on a profile to reject a woman based on this.

According to most the recent polls, 65% of Ukrainians wish to leave Ukraine permanently.  Reasons (based on responses in descending order):

1.  No future for my family.
2.  Small salaries.
3.  Difficult economic situation.
4.  Ukraine is a lawless country where corruption flourishes.
5.  Unstable political situation
6.  Quality of life is better abroad.
7.  Can earn a decent living, even in non prestigious occupations.
8.  No safety nets in Ukraine.
9.  No jobs.

So, almost every UW a man meets, by your standards, should be rejected.

Throughout history those have all been reason that people immigrated to the USA.

I said to avoid certain types of women, especially desperate ones. Guys who come
in like a white knight to rescue a damsel in distress are making a mistake if they
expect the damsel to reward the white knight for the rest of his life for the rescue.

I didn't say is that you have to win the girls heart or everything else won't matter.
If you win a girls heart she might even follow you to a village in North Dakota  ;D

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 01:19:55 PM »
FT,

Jeez, well this only goes to prove that if one posts enough crap, enough times - daft people will believe it ... :)

Now back to the point ...

I don't get the 'vibe' that anyone is controlling this board in the manner the one you mention is run - It is great that there is diversity.

Offline Gator

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 03:00:57 PM »

I said to avoid certain types of women, especially desperate ones. Guys who come
in like a white knight to rescue a damsel in distress are making a mistake if they
expect the damsel to reward the white knight for the rest of his life for the rescue.

The desperate women are trouble even after they hook an American husband.   One RW was in financial trouble following her divorce from her "abusive" (her words) American husband.  A circle of RW including my wife helped her.  Through these charity endeavors,  the circle of RW learned more about her,  and they stopped seeing her and helping her. 

Avoid the desperate women.   

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 03:32:38 PM »

That Boe not only wants to be ruler of the forum, but is the ruler of the forum. Her (and one or two others) opinions are all that matter. I mentioned this in a post a few months ago and since, at least one member that butted heads with her is banned. As well as another treasured member hasn't posted in months. To be honest, RWD, has become as bad as RUA.

HDL

HDL--really--the relative forum comment is ridiculous.
  I could go on at length about genuinely unfair and biased treatment at the other place .The fact is I got banned permanently there( after serving numerous previous banned periods)  for comments made to Manny on this forum !!

On this forum --I have a permanent warning not to discuss moderation! But-- I have served numerous banned periods, heavy moderation and deletion of posts indiscriminately  and often unfairly by  moderaters with a dislike or bias -- yet I am still here !! :)

Some have sort to attack one moderator--as you have today --and this is not the first recent attack and you are wrong on a lot of fronts.

If some choose a childish non acceptance over what was a fairly clear cut breach of the TOS that is their decision.

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 05:37:20 PM »

If you win a girls heart she might even follow you to a village in North Dakota 

We know a couple who moved to So Dakota but now live near Daytona Beach.
She is a friend of my wife from her home town.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2017, 05:54:14 PM »

I don't have the power to ban anyone.  So you are wrong on that count as well.  Plus, I always argue against the banning of every poster.  Every. single. one.

Well stated................& I like Boe!
I just don't happen to like many of the folks that she seems to.

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmob

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2017, 02:39:06 AM »

I just don't happen to like many of the folks that she seems to.

Perhaps you don't like their opinions and don't want to see them ?

Offline Gator

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2017, 05:45:25 AM »

Typical stance of  liberals, who have a record of silencing free speech. 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-silencing-kirsten-powers/1121262723?ean=9781621573913

I too have problems with some RWD members, but not based on the substance  of their opinions.  My dislike derives from their repeated lack of intellectual vigor in presenting their positions.   In contrast, Boe employs critical thinking and endeavors to substantiate her positions with credible sources.  Whether Boe may or may not like someone is not relevant. 

Nevertheless I, most of us on both sides of an issue tend to favor those with a history of shared views.

Nevertheless II, believing brilliant minds think alike should never replace an open mind.   

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2017, 05:49:05 AM »
In the interest of getting back to the original purpose of this thread, I am here now and I have yet to come across one lady say I want to get the hell out.

Offline Gator

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2017, 06:15:16 AM »
In the interest of getting back to the original purpose of this thread, I am here now and I have yet to come across one lady say I want to get the hell out.

All we can surmise from your observation is that the ladies don't want to get out with you.   :ROFL:

Just a joke.  If you have been very selective in the women you meet, I would expect none would be looking for a way out of Ukraine.       

Quality women tend to have a good life and are not ready to leap at the first opportunity.  When I first traveled in 1992, the FSU economy was still weak, weaker than today I assume.    I dated mostly single mothers, and some clearly were struggling economically.  Only a couple seemed desperate to leave, and frankly I found such an attitude unbecoming.    Also, FSUW universally expressed much pride about their country and culture, saying if they moved they would miss it as well as their family and friends.   

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2017, 07:26:02 AM »

Perhaps.
But I believe you are assuming I was referring to the membership.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541314
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701