It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Sevastopol story  (Read 7508 times)

Offline Wayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Sevastopol story
« on: November 20, 2017, 08:28:47 AM »
Can someone give me a better translation of the story?

http://news.mail.ru/society/31695173/?frommail=1
19 минут назад, источник: РИА Крым
К установке границы между Крымом и Севастополем приступят до конца года
СЕВАСТОПОЛЬ, 20 ноя РИА Новости Крым. Контракт на определение границы между Крымом и Севастополем планируется заключить до конца года. Об этом РИА Новости Крым сообщили в департаменте архитектуры и градостроительства Севастополя.

Источник: РИА "Новости"
Сегодня во время заседания правительства было принято решение, которое позволит заключить контракт по определению границы субъектов, переходящий на 2018 год. Соглашение планируется заключить до конца этого года, работы по установке границы будут завершены в следующем году, сообщили в ведомстве.
Власти Крыма и Севастополя приступили к работе по определению границы между регионами в январе 2017 года.
Спорные места сосредоточены в Ялтинском и Бахчисарайском районах.
При этом как в Крыму, так и в Севастополе считают, что граница не должна проходить по участкам людей, чтобы не доставлять им никаких юридических неудобств.
Translation:
19 minutes ago, source: RIA Crimea
Will start installation of border between the Crimea and Sevastopol until the end of the year

SEVASTOPOL, 20 Nov RIA Novosti the Crimea. The contract for definition of border between the Crimea and Sevastopol is planned to be signed until the end of the year. About this RIA Novosti the Crimea was reported in Department of Architecture and Urban Planning of Sevastopol.
Source: RIA Novosti

"Today during the meeting of the Government the decision which will allow to conclude the contract by definition of border of subjects passing for 2018 has been made. The agreement is planned to be concluded until the end of this year, works on installation of border will be complete next year" have reported in department.

The authorities of the Crimea and Sevastopol have got to work on definition of border between regions in January, 2017.
Disputed places are concentrated in the Yalta and Bakhchsarai districts.

At the same time both in the Crimea, and in Sevastopol consider that the border shouldn't pass across sites of people not to give them any legal inconvenience.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Sevastopol story
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 04:41:40 PM »
I'm a bit confused here, Wayne.  Does this article say that they're trying to make Sevastopol a separate country?  Why should they need a border when Sevastopol is in the Crimea to start with?

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 05:31:23 PM »
I'm a bit confused here, Wayne.  Does this article say that they're trying to make Sevastopol a separate country?  Why should they need a border when Sevastopol is in the Crimea to start with?

What the Ruskies are up to is exactly that -- so that when they lose Crimea they hang on to Sevastopol and surrounds-- in particular the naval and military bases -including the airfield at Belbek.
They want to try and cement themselves in !

Like everything else -- their overall Russian cluelessnes has created the situation where they will be thrown out completely.
At one time--it may have been possible to negotiate keeping use of the naval base -- but now-- Ukraine will only settle for complete restoration of the whole Crimea to Ukraine.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 05:33:29 PM »
Has me confused as well.  Perhaps Russia plans on giving Crimea back to Ukraine but wants to save Sevastopol and their Navy Fleet as a separate entity.  I would assume they would also want to keep Balaclava although it had already been set aside as a Start Treaty open museum (at least the underground sub base).  Will be interesting to see what develops.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline msmob

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 07:11:44 PM »
Dear JayH, why do you let you ignorance of history cloud your posts ?

Before 2014, was not Sevastopol a separate political entity ? Autonomous Rep. of Crimea and City of Sevastopol ? ......

*I* think the aim is possibly making Sevastopol a 'closed city', again ....  needing special permission to visit.

Offline whynotme

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 07:27:27 PM »
Jay and others,  relax.  The article is about usual administrstive routine. Wayne,  I think,  you don't want your dacha appeared to be built on city's lands,  but garden  belongs to different  administrative distract.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 09:40:02 PM »
When we were there prior to the invasion of Crimea, Sevastopol was not a closed city although Balaclava had previously been entirely closed.   As I understood it Russia leased the Navy Base property but not the city of Sevastopol.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 09:54:55 PM »
I think it's like Moby said.

Sevastopol was always a separate region within Crimea in Soviet times.
Now, they just want to define the border.
And, as my wife told me before, Sevastopol was a closed city.

She is asleep now, so can't ask her . . . but I think Kyiv city is also a special region within the Kyivska Oblast.  So same idea as with Sevastopol/Crimea.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 11:28:17 PM »
Dear JayH, why do you let you ignorance of history cloud your posts ?

Before 2014, was not Sevastopol a separate political entity ? Autonomous Rep. of Crimea and City of Sevastopol ? ......

*I* think the aim is possibly making Sevastopol a 'closed city', again ....  needing special permission to visit.

Yawn   :cluebat:

I think it's like Moby said.

Sevastopol was always a separate region within Crimea in Soviet times.
Now, they just want to define the border.
And, as my wife told me before, Sevastopol was a closed city.

She is asleep now, so can't ask her . . . but I think Kyiv city is also a special region within the Kyivska Oblast.  So same idea as with Sevastopol/Crimea.

No -it is not "like Moby said"

FWIW -- I reiterate my comments -- which have next to nothing to do with "what Moby said"

Doing  a google search and regurgitating with somewhere between little and no understanding is only marginally better  than that poor "bullied" soul Trenchcoats inane rambling !

Speaking of google  !! 
Interesting piece written way back in 1992 that covers some of this topic  and much  is as relevant today as when it was written.It deals with the question of the split up of the Navy based at Sevastopol -- but touches a lot still of interest today.

In Russia-Ukraine Fight Over Navy, Crimea Lies at Heart of the Struggle

Published: March 31, 1992

To the outrage of some residents, the Ukrainian Government recently resurrected Sevastopol's special status as city ruled directly by Kiev, as it was by Moscow under Catherine the Great and in the early Soviet era. Mr. Yermakov was named special representative to the Ukrainian President, Leonid M. Kravchuk, making the Mayor answerable to Kiev, not to the local City Council or the regional Crimean government in Simferopol.

These moves were protested this week by a small group of demonstrators carrying banners that declared Sevastopol to be a "city of the Crimea, not a suburb of Kiev." The Republican Movement of Crimea, which led the drive for next month's referendum on Crimean independence, asserts that Mr. Kravchuk's aim is to divide Sevastopol from the rest of the Crimea, as a way of insuring his claim to the Black Sea Fleet.

As in Sevastopol, a large swath of territory that makes up 10 percent of the peninsula, ethnic Russians are the majority in the Crimea. In recent years, the region's ethnic mosaic has been made even more intricate by the return of some 166,000 Crimean Tatars to their homeland, after decades spent in Central Asia where they had been deported by Stalin after World War II.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/03/31/world/in-russia-ukraine-fight-over-navy-crimea-lies-at-heart-of-the-struggle.html?pagewanted=all

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 12:01:34 AM »
JayH

As ever, you are attempting to deflect from your ignorance.

This is certainly NOTHING to do with Moscow preparing a 'compromise' re the peninsula.)

Offline Doll

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 05:40:41 AM »
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D1
%80%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%
B2%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D1%81%D1
%82%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%83%D1
%81_%D0%A1%D0%B5%D0%B2
%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82
%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8F
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:18:37 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Wayne

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 11:30:29 AM »
Poo ten is building a new highway from Sevastopol to the new bridge. I am sure that military vehicles will be using this highway.

Offline Doll

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 01:30:37 PM »
Poo ten is building a new highway from Sevastopol to the new bridge. I am sure that military vehicles will be using this highway.
Why military?

Offline Wayne

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 10:39:13 AM »
They are making a new general map of the Sevastopol area. It is broken down into various districts. My wife emailed me a map of the area where our property is located. The system is not allowing me to attach the file. I can find the area where the dacha is on the map.

Anyway, about 3200 people will lose there property to the military development.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 10:43:57 AM »
http://www.севархитектура.рф/genplan/projectI

Above is the short cut to story about the map of Sevastopol.

Offline msmob

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 11:56:12 AM »
http://www.севархитектура.рф/genplan/

I removed the link and you can find the video ... Sevastopol includes Balaklava and the sub pens, it seems

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 12:30:50 PM »
The EU yesterday added the Governor of Sevastopol Dmitry Ovsyannikov to it's Ukraine sanctions relating to actions undermining Ukraine's territorial integrity.

He's now copped a travel ban and his assets are frozen.
Just saying it like it is.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM