It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Age Difference  (Read 10264 times)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Age Difference
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 02:53:50 PM »
We had a 19 age difference with my ex wife. Never had been a problem.
THe main problem is what goals people have really in mind ?That's a concern. With such difference of age you have to be in shape also and your spirit also should be open and vivid.

Also, important, half of the spouses are not faithful enough to keep their marriage on the long term. You have to work on you to keep your marriage and priorize it over other any men or women. Faithfulness is still one of the pillar of a couple in our societies.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2019, 05:13:56 PM »
Hi Dell, I would say it depends and as 2tallbill would says get in a plane and find out. The more experience you get the more you know what you might be dealing with best time if she turns out not to be the one.

She might well just want kids desperately and finds you handsome. At 29 if she hasn't had kids then it could be on her mind. If you can support a family then you could have more going for you then the local guys that are left around.

I've briefly dated a girl with a 13 year age gap, she was in her mid twenties, at that age you can find them not mature enough, late twenties probably mature enough though of course these are generalisations.

If she is going to have kids then before 35 makes it easier as after that it apparently gets harder.

I think what Pat says in terms of keeping yourself in shape and also appearance wise good. Let's face it a guy knocking onto his mid forties well unless he's a Hollywood star time is no doubt starting to take its toll.

The 13 year age gap was more than enough for me, much more and I think it would have been embarrassing. There's nothing like a real young girl to make you feel your age. I'm early forties at the moment but I wouldn't generally go for a girl that young or younger again without being real in shape (i.e no belly flab, not even just a little bit) and some slight facial fillers or similar. I'm not real old looking, my hair is not greying, receeding, etc but for anyone to deny they don't look their age at our ages without a bit of no surgical intervention is just deluding themselves.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2019, 04:39:50 AM »
Trench,

You at at your silly, unthinking 'generalisations - AGAIN ..

When I was in my late forties, I had all my hair and teeth and my beach body was as good as most early twenties guys ...   

Many more people are aware of looking after themselves and reap the rewards.

Whether one likes it - or not - on entering one's fifties most of start to show old age in many facets and someone 10 , 20 or thirty years  years younger will notice...

Some couples have a bond that makes these differences irrelevant ..  IF you have kids and you remember some of the things you did decades ago - that they are doing and you know might be physically impossible, now - you'd realise that those managing big age gaps are outliers

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 05:41:24 AM by msmob »

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2019, 05:06:35 AM »
When I went 26 plus years ago, I befriended about 8 of the men that used the same agency. There was no good sources of info on FSU women, so we relied on each other. 20 year age gaps were very possible. More than 20 years were not. (Caveat, NOBODY was looking for a 30 plus yr old woman) A 39 yr old WM married a 19 yr old FSUW, and they were happy. They divorced after about 12 years because HE had a wondering eye. She was a good wife.

imo-By far the best prospects were the FSU women graduating from college. If I was 40 or below, I would go back in a heartbeat and do it again by getting a 22 yr old. Mid 50s now after a 23 yr marriage to a FSU lady, I will stay with trips to Asia where 30 year age gaps are acceptable, and often preferred. If I remember Trech is late 30s, I think he has a chance at a 20-25 yr old.
I remain with my conviction, investing in a FSUW over 35 is plain stupid, especially if she has kids

Offline msmob

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2019, 05:47:41 AM »

I remain with my conviction, investing in a FSUW over 35 is plain stupid, especially if she has kids

I can think of 10s of happily married guys who must be scratching their heads in amazement at THAT gem

I was 48 when I married a 38 year old RU lady with a near 18 year old son .. 

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2019, 07:08:36 AM »
I can think of 10s of happily married guys who must be scratching their heads in amazement at THAT gem

I was 48 when I married a 38 year old RU lady with a near 18 year old son ..

And that is such a happy story to tell? You are still Happily married I take it then?

Using your failed marriage to contradict the very point GenMish was trying to make (how ever wrong I personally think that point is), only you could do that..   :cluebat:

Why don't you just stay silent when you have nothing to better to say? You don't HAVE to reply to every thread on this forum ya know
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline msmob

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2019, 08:03:25 AM »
I should have realised leaving out the fact that we are no longer married might be raised as an 'objection' by someone that should read  the 'advice' in their own scribes..

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2019, 04:23:11 PM »

I think everyone has different needs in a relationship. I’m looking for a woman the same age as me (early 40’s) with a child. I have several reasons for this. First I’ve watched my Grandmother struggle with loneliness for the past 25 years. My grandfather was 17 years older and died 10 years before he should have. My grandmother could possibly live for another 15 years and I would
never want to put someone thorough what I’ve seen happen to her, if I could help it.

Secondly I have 4 kids (2 adult children) and a big 5 bedroom house. I would love to have another child at home in the 10-14 age range.

Lastly,  and this is my insecurities stemming from living with a serial cheater.... I read a report on a survey a few years ago that claimed infidelity rates for long term marriages / relationships are as high as 70% in some western countries and one of the contributing factors was large age gaps. At 40 a woman was something like 50% more likely to have an exit affair if her husband was over 10 years older, but obviously other factors in the relationship also come in to play.

After saying all that I’m back in a casual relationship with the first woman I met after my divorce and she’s 11 years younger than me. We are each other’s default relationship when we are both single and actually get on very well, despite only seeing each other several times a month due to her living in another state now.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 08:45:34 PM »
my wife is 15 year younger than me
we've been married 20 years...
the age gap is a 100% NON-ISSUE....

culture gap?
definitely!

BUT...
I find living with Russian women to be quite agreeable for me personally...

first...
they are EXCELLENT domestic goddesses...
and will keep a country gentleman's household impeccably clean!
AND fulfill all general culinary requirements to a reasonable degree as well...

this will provide the happy bachelor with a significant savings in monthly house hold cleaning as well as catering costs
village girls will also be able to do a portion of the gardening, which will further boosting your cost savings!!!

AND...
the sex is a FREEBIE!!!!
icing on the house cleaning and catering cake!!!!

I didn't marry a Russian woman!!!
hell NO...
I went there and I took one prisoner, and made her MY SLAVE and brought her back to the USA as my trophy!!!
hahahahahaha!!!

you guys can keep your "love" and I'll keep my Russian slaves...
hahahahaha!

Offline Gator

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »

culture gap?
definitely!

BUT...
I find living with Russian women to be quite agreeable for me personally...

first...
they are EXCELLENT domestic goddesses...
and will keep a country gentleman's household impeccably clean!

They go overboard.  After years of bachelor life, we had conflicts upon her arrival.   I compromised 90% of the gap, and she moved 10%.   Still every week I receive verbal reminders.  There are a couple of signs posted above the door such as 'clean shoes,' 'wash hands,' etc.   My saving grace is that the teenage stepson is more untidy than me. 

I have friends in Chester County outside Philadelphia who enjoy the equestrian life and read Town & Country.  Afterwards they wear their riding breeches and boots inside the home with the aroma of horse sweat while having a cocktail.  Of course the Jack Russells and other dogs have a free run in and out of house.  My wife was in shock. 

AND fulfill all general culinary requirements to a reasonable degree as well...

Yes, very healthy too.  My wife steams, no oil. 

If you want rare meat, you must cook it yourself.  My stepdaughter now orders medium rare at restaurants, and my wife mutters something to her with the word "krasny."  The same with collard greens and some other dishes. 

Offline ML

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »
If you want rare meat, you must cook it yourself.  My stepdaughter now orders medium rare at restaurants, and my wife mutters something to her with the word "krasny."  The same with collard greens and some other dishes.

Most all FSU gals I was with and FSU business men were aghast at idea of anything but well done for meats.  Of course that completely ruins the taste sensation of steaks.

My now wife was firmly in that category, but she is willing to try whatever I suggested.
She, of course, did not believe me when I told her the red liquid in steaks was not blood.

So I sent her address of several websites that discuss the issue . . . such as the following:

http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/that-red-juice-oozing-out-of-your-steak-isnt-blood/

And last week when we were out for steaks on her birthday . . . she quickly stated . . . medium rare.  Typically I had ordered for both of us (she is OK with that), but she beat me to it this time.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2019, 09:09:25 AM »
Most all FSU gals I was with and FSU business men were aghast at idea of anything but well done for meats.  Of course that completely ruins the taste sensation of steaks.

My now wife was firmly in that category, but she is willing to try whatever I suggested.
She, of course, did not believe me when I told her the red liquid in steaks was not blood.

My wife was of the same mentality. Steak well done and dry. I started slipping her some done and juicy and she found out she liked it much more to the point dry was no longer acceptable. Done and juicy is a challenge often but doable. Many times it would have some pink and I'd put it back on. After a while I'd mumble about putting it back on and she'd say leave it as it is and she would eat it and like it but says she still prefers juicy and done. For some reason when I cook tri-tip (which I refuse to cook no more than medium 130-135) it's bright pink top to bottom. I've cook a filet to her perfection at the same time and she was on the tri-tip like a duck on a junebug ignoring the filet. I think she's broken

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2019, 05:39:48 AM »
My wife was of the same mentality. Steak well done and dry. I started slipping her some done and juicy and she found out she liked it much more to the point dry was no longer acceptable. Done and juicy is a challenge often but doable. Many times it would have some pink and I'd put it back on. After a while I'd mumble about putting it back on and she'd say leave it as it is and she would eat it and like it but says she still prefers juicy and done. For some reason when I cook tri-tip (which I refuse to cook no more than medium 130-135) it's bright pink top to bottom. I've cook a filet to her perfection at the same time and she was on the tri-tip like a duck on a junebug ignoring the filet. I think she's broken

I remember those days, my Russian wife wouldn't eat steak until it was a Hockey Puck. About 15 years in, she acquired a taste for Lamb cooked medium, then she slowly moved to Medium well for Steak

Here is another oddity, she only eats meat in 4 oz portions. No matter how perfect it is, she just eats 4 ozs. Probably why she is still only 115 lbs

Offline msmob

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2019, 06:18:42 AM »
115 ibs ...? That's positively 'obese' ;)

My former wife is 164cm and weighs 46Kg, SC weighs the same and is sl.shorter ( c. 100 lbs)

The latter only eats Lamb, once in a blue moon and 't'other eats pinkish meat - no problem at all..

They are ( admittedly) outliers - as most FSU W I've met think my cooking isn't 'cooked', yet !

We are allowed to 'train' them as they 'train' us  :rolleyes:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM