It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trip report - 1st day  (Read 32099 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Trip report - 1st day
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2016, 01:14:01 PM »
I can touch my tongue to my nose. 

I can touch my tongue to my forehead.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2016, 03:32:49 PM »
Back 'on topic', Bo ... wasn't it 5 dates?;)

My grandparents - both sets - married in the 1930's and informed me that they dated plenty and hadn't been 'all the way' prior to marriage ...

Now, we seem to set a high importance on sex as a sign of compatibility and affirmation of interest.

FSU women - I only have 'expertise' with those who had nearly finished their teens or more when the FSU ended - *seem* to have a more 'modern' attitude to sexual 'affirmation' and assuming this means 'love' *could* be a mistake.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2016, 04:15:34 PM »
In any case, the very first lady I saw for 4 straight days for 10-12 hours a day is firmly in the lead.

An important question is "Are you in the lead with her?"
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline wallm

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 11:40:28 PM »
An important question is "Are you in the lead with her?"

Why didn't I think of this already?  ;D

I had my doubts because she was still active on Mamba after we saw each other. It is only fair to let her do what she wants since I just finished seeing many women after her. We never talked being exclusive. We communicate daily on skype. Currently planning a vacation together in a few months. I am unsure if I want to be exclusive yet. If I think with my little head, absolutely. She is stunning plus affectionate plus smart. She is the prettiest of the 4. But I also know that looks are not the end all. Being 50+ taught me that lesson. I also do not want to jump into a serious relationship 3 weeks after a meeting. Do not want to repeat the past that cost me 50%. ;) In a couple of months and definitely after seeing her again in a few months, if my feelings for her grow more fond than they are already, I will broach the subject of being exclusive. Right now I am enjoying talking to all 4 women.

And she addresses me by adding "ochka" to my name. I said that sounds feminine. She said it is her way of being tender towards me.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:52:28 PM by wallm »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2016, 09:16:17 AM »
In a couple of months and definitely after seeing her again in a few months, if my feelings for her grow more fond than they are already, I will broach the subject of being exclusive. Right now I am enjoying talking to all 4 women.

Wallmochka, a lot can change in a few months. If you know the other girls are a no go and this one is a quality woman, you better enter into an exclusive relationship. She can see your activity on Mamba. She knows you're not always talking to her. You may get labeled a playboy. She may not cancel the trip but she may not see you as a serious man she can trust. But if you enjoy talking to 4 quality women and it's worth increasing the risk losing this one woman, do what's best for you. Who knows, a new woman may take the lead.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2016, 11:50:53 AM »

I had my doubts because she was still active on Mamba after we saw each other. It is only fair to let her do what she wants since I just finished seeing many women after her. We never talked being exclusive. We communicate daily on skype. Currently planning a vacation together in a few months. I am unsure if I want to be exclusive yet. If I think with my little head, absolutely. She is stunning plus affectionate plus smart. She is the prettiest of the 4. But I also know that looks are not the end all. Being 50+ taught me that lesson. I also do not want to jump into a serious relationship 3 weeks after a meeting. Do not want to repeat the past that cost me 50%. ;) In a couple of months and definitely after seeing her again in a few months, if my feelings for her grow more fond than they are already, I will broach the subject of being exclusive. Right now I am enjoying talking to all 4 women.

And she addresses me by adding "ochka" to my name. I said that sounds feminine. She said it is her way of being tender towards me.

That is true, but if she just happens to be pretty I wouldn't hold it against her - in any case she has some baggage doesn't she?

Think I may have got confused in your posts and thought you meant the first lady, this one when you said about the one who you misjudged the kiss with then she was 'busy'. This one, the first lady sounded the best all along from your posts. In which case I would consider at which point you should go for an 'exclusive' deal. I know the girl I first saw said that she could understand why guys from the US see several women on a two week trip because of the long journey/cost, and she would be ok with that but if guy wanted to see other women second time meeting then it was a no-no. So consider the point of cutting the other ones adrift, you don't want this girl to think you are playing around and you're just left with four internet chat buddy girls. Be careful also that she is not the 'holiday whore' type, expensive holidays aren't needed I don't think - girl will expect you to pay more often than not. Go somewhere local in her country I would, a cheap holiday, to suss out if she is just showing affection to get freebie holidays. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2016, 12:37:01 PM »
Do not want to repeat the past that cost me 50%.

All of my costs are in terms of some currency.

I don't know how you pay in percents?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2016, 12:41:23 PM »
Currently planning a vacation together in a few months.

Don't splurge on vacation costs.

I would just take her to Obolon.

Or if you want to impress her more . . . then Brovary would be the place to go.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2016, 12:46:21 PM »
I can touch my tongue to my forehead.

I can comb my hair and part it on the side but I don't like getting hair in my
mouth and I don't part it on the side anymore anyway.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2016, 01:16:46 PM »
I can comb my hair and part it on the side but I don't like getting hair in my
mouth and I don't part it on the side anymore anyway.

So where do you part it ?

Anyway, you might be able to part your hair with your tongue . . . but you can't comb it with such because that requires teeth.

So unless you show us your overbite . . .

Offline wallm

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2016, 01:21:12 PM »
All of my costs are in terms of some currency.

I don't know how you pay in percents?

Mine too. I just had to convert some property to currency first.

I am not spending my vacation in Ukraine. Thank you. (apologies to all Ukraine lovers)
If EU comes through on promise of no visa by end of the year, then we go to Amalfi Coast. Had been wanting to do this for years. If not, we go to Singapore & Hong Kong.
Can afford it. Not trying to impress her. I fly economy, stay at the Hyatt at best, splurge on local cuisine and culture wherever I go.

P.S: When and where is your next comedy show. I want to be there.  ;D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Trip report - 1st day FSUW don't do vague (and neither should you)
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2016, 01:33:17 PM »

Here is a site about names and it has many other very handy phrases to know as well.
http://www.meighan.net/alexander/Chapter13.htm

I don't know you, if I did I could give you more specific advice. Here are some general
thoughts.

When I meet a woman, I make an assessment.
1. Is she good looking enough if yes then go to question number 2
If NO then kick her to the curb

2. Do we have mutual chemistry if yes then go to question number 3
If NO then kick her to the curb

3. Does she lie? if no then go to question number 4
If YES then kick her to the curb

4. I keep doing this and there are girls scattered all over the FSU with 2tallbills
boot print on their cute little butts and many of them are really happily married
because I did. There are more than a few that have kicked by charming @ss to
the curb as well.

My question to you is this: 
Is this girl really what you think she is? or is she not quite good enough?

If was looking for a girl and found exactly what I wanted (I did) I wouldn't have
continued looking for a bigger, better deal then go back to her.

I have a policy that I recommend for everyone which is "don't recycle girls"
Don't go back to a girl who wasn't good enough before to see if she is good
enough now.

This might not be your situation. I've seen a number of men get the kid in a candy
shop syndrome or not realize what they were doing or got caught up in events etc.

Especially in the FSU: If you find the girl who checks off all the boxes, you need to
cut her out of the herd. You need to make a claim and put her on notice, that you
are interested in her and going to pursue her. Her response would have probably
been radically and totally different. That's what she wants and that's what she
expects.

If you give her a wishy washy, vague idea that you like her but are going to date
a couple of other girls then come back unless you find somebody better you will
get a vague response at best. More likely she will treat you like milk past the
expiration date. 

Every girl wants to be the dream girl they don't want to be the so-so girl.
You also want a dream girl and you don't want a so-so girl. So if this girl is a dream
girl then act like it. If she is a so-so girl then kick her to the curb.

You don't have to marry her tomorrow, actually I would recommend getting to really
know everything about her first, however in the meantime you need to pursue her like
she is a dream girl or kick her to the curb.

FSUW don't do vague (and neither should you)

Just my two kopecks

Bill

PS: this is my generic advice without knowing the situation in any detail.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:56:43 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »
So where do you part it ?

I don't.  I use a brush each morning after a shower and it does what it does without
any additional input from me.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
Re: Trip report - 1st day FSUW don't do vague (and neither should you)
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2016, 02:05:49 PM »
FSUW don't do vague (and neither should you)
Excellent advice and very true.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline wallm

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2016, 04:52:35 PM »
You guys were on to something here. Apparently I am not in the lead with her. This week I had a conversation with her and I was told "be patient." While she is active on Mamba daily. I had in fact told her at the end of our meeting (lasting 4 days) last month that I am interested in her and want to pursue a relationship, etc. she was unwilling to go that far. So, i went on my way meeting other ladies. She checks pretty much every box. Looks, intelligence, style, etc. We spoke about seeing each other again in a few months and vacationing together. We used to communicate daily before meeting. Over the last couple of weeks I don't get response for days (we use skype). When she communicates, she says she misses me. She is busy at work and has just gotten a new job starting in a week. But she could find a minute in a day to fire off a response. I am cutting bait and moving on. Learning as I go.

Then there is next one in line. ;D Checks all the boxes, not as well as the one above in looks but nonetheless attractive, lawyer and sweet. She is more open in our conversations and we had been talking multiple times daily for the past two weeks. She wants to see me again. She had told me she is serious and wants children and family. I am OK with that but I need to see a lot more of her before I consider marriage. I will not rush into a marriage after 3 dates.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2016, 05:22:50 PM »
You guys were on to something here. Apparently I am not in the lead with her. This week I had a conversation with her and I was told "be patient." While she is active on Mamba daily. I had in fact told her at the end of our meeting (lasting 4 days) last month that I am interested in her and want to pursue a relationship, etc. she was unwilling to go that far. So, i went on my way meeting other ladies. She checks pretty much every box. Looks, intelligence, style, etc. We spoke about seeing each other again in a few months and vacationing together. We used to communicate daily before meeting. Over the last couple of weeks I don't get response for days (we use skype). When she communicates, she says she misses me. She is busy at work and has just gotten a new job starting in a week. But she could find a minute in a day to fire off a response. I am cutting bait and moving on. Learning as I go.

Then there is next one in line. ;D Checks all the boxes, not as well as the one above in looks but nonetheless attractive, lawyer and sweet. She is more open in our conversations and we had been talking multiple times daily for the past two weeks. She wants to see me again. She had told me she is serious and wants children and family. I am OK with that but I need to see a lot more of her before I consider marriage. I will not rush into a marriage after 3 dates.

Sounds like she is not really into you. She would at least send you a message over Viber/Skype/WhatsApp every day. Move on. I wouldn't plan a "vacation" after only one visit. Would you take an American girl on a big vacation after 4 dates?

Good Luck,
HDL

Offline wallm

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »

Would you take an American girl on a big vacation after 4 dates?

No, as she most likely would be living close by and we would be seeing each other often. This is long distance of course. I had spent 26 days in Ukraine on my first trip. Perhaps my judgment is clouded by the hideously gloomy weather the entire time, as Ukraine is not a place I would vacation in. Perhaps in Summer it is much nicer.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2016, 05:56:15 PM »
No, as she most likely would be living close by and we would be seeing each other often. This is long distance of course. I had spent 26 days in Ukraine on my first trip. Perhaps my judgment is clouded by the hideously gloomy weather the entire time, as Ukraine is not a place I would vacation in. Perhaps in Summer it is much nicer.

I have been there in warm and cold weather. But that was in Odessa, I believe you were in Kyiv. I find Odessa beautiful in all seasons, but your mileage may vary. I do understand it is a long distance relationship, but don't allow that to be an excuse to bring a stranger on a nice vacation.

HDL

Offline BillyB

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2016, 10:23:32 AM »
I had in fact told her at the end of our meeting (lasting 4 days) last month that I am interested in her and want to pursue a relationship, etc. she was unwilling to go that far.

You didn't tell us that before. Shouldn't have scheduled a vacation with her and used that time and money to hunt other women. Only set you back a couple of weeks. Next time a woman tells you she doesn't want to go that far with you, believe it.

Offline wallm

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2016, 05:45:28 PM »
You didn't tell us that before. Shouldn't have scheduled a vacation with her and used that time and money to hunt other women. Only set you back a couple of weeks. Next time a woman tells you she doesn't want to go that far with you, believe it.

I have not described in detail everything that happened. I left with positive thoughts after 4 very nice days of spending 10-12 hours together each day.

Let me rephrase, she was not willing to go that far at the time we had the conversation. Perhaps she thought I was asking for us to be exclusive. She said she was certainly interested and wanted to spend more time with me. There was a lot of affection shown both ways during the time I was with her. I had no reason to think she was not interested. We decided I will return in a few months so we spend more time together. I am not a fool to continue if she told me point blank or she implied she was not interested. Or it could my little head doing the thinking for me. ;D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2016, 06:55:31 PM »
Let me rephrase, she was not willing to go that far at the time we had the conversation. Perhaps she thought I was asking for us to be exclusive.

Still confusing. Post #53 you said you didn't talk about going exclusive and weren't sure you wanted to be exclusive but now you had the conversation when you met and she didn't want to go that far.

I've seen a lot of men write their stories on the forum and try to imply everything is okay and where they are at with a woman is where they want to be when in fact, it is the woman that puts the brakes on the relationship and the relationship isn't where they want it to be. Men continue down the path of trying to please a woman that isn't into them hoping the women grow fond of them. Rarely works out.

A lot of us write, Skype, and call a woman for over a month before we visit. By the end of the visit, a man and a woman should know where they stand with each other. It's either a go or no go. If a woman hesitates to enter into a relationship with a guy who she happily talked to for over a month before the visit, that is a bad sign.

Also you may be finding most of  your women on Mamba.ru. It's a good place to find dates but be aware most of the women there are looking for local boys. Sure it would be interesting for the ladies to date a foreigner but don't always believe their interest is a genuine interest in you.

Offline wallm

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2016, 04:44:51 PM »
The last thing I do is try to please and hope a woman will come around. No p***y is worth that trouble. I am done with this one. Learning their thinking as I go. On to option #2. We speak daily on Skype. We spoke about building a relationship. She wants it. She is pretty, playful and easy going. She wants kids. I am OK with that. I am planning to go back in the next couple of months to see her again. I hope not to get snowed in at KBP or JFK for that matter.  :D

Offline preston77

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2016, 04:05:26 AM »
I would like speak out too. Due to the different languages, interlocutor always seems nicer, smarter, and even better, then great disappointment waiting to see how I turned out. To unwind I walk the strip bars in St. Petersburg, spend a couple of nights in Zavistbar (great place by the way) to learn to distinguish between commercialism in Russian women. I changed my mind about marry at russians but watch at russians - I always behind!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2016, 04:21:52 PM »

I went to Kiev the end of March, weather was decent enough but pictures I have seen of Kiev in the summer make it look a lot more enticing. Kiev can have a bit of a gloomy feel to it in the winter I think, so as you went in the depths of winter this does not surprise me. It was good the girl I had was there with me most of that time or it would not have been at all great.

Odessa in the summer is a different kettle of fish though, more European style build, not at all gloomy, quite the opposite. A good choice for a second meeting I think.

In any case look at it this way, it appears the strategy you pursued of meeting many women over a few weeks isn't working out too bad for you. Had you put all your eggs in one basket and gone with the first girl that looked real promising you would have had a wasted journey by now. As it is it looks like there is still a possibility that one of the other girls may be good for you.

"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2016, 05:41:45 AM »
Also you may be finding most of  your women on Mamba.ru. It's a good place to find dates but be aware most of the women there are looking for local boys. Sure it would be interesting for the ladies to date a foreigner but don't always believe their interest is a genuine interest in you.

This is a real important point BillyB, I was unaware that on Mamba I would also be up against local guys add that to the keyboard romeos on that site and I can see why I got a lot lower success rate on there per letter sent out. As Wall has found out it can have longer term implications as well with the girl perhaps thinking 'he's a good one but problem is he's not local and I really want a local guy' and/or as seems to be the case with Wall that the girl is pretty, smart nice personality and so a local guy see's this after meeting up on there and gets with her - hence why Wall wasn't in the lead with her. Important lesson for us all I think. Possibly if the girl is not too great in terms of looks, personality or intelligence then she may find it harder to find a local guy on there and go with a foreign guy if the chemistry is there but as with the more western Match a lot of the better looking etc girls are heavily inundated with options to choose from I'm thinking.   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1865
Total: 1876

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM