It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The best path to take...  (Read 11127 times)

Offline hynnilau

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
The best path to take...
« on: November 28, 2012, 03:36:44 PM »
Well I am seeking information far ahead of time.

Basically, I meet a Russian lady in October this year online and I will be going to visit her in February next year.
We are in contact daily by email or Skype.

I have been researching as much information as possible, to form as much evidence as possible for any Visa applications in the future.

From my understanding, Prospective marriage visa is the best path to take.
Basically the objective will be to get her to Australia as quickly as possible.

There was thought of a tourist visa but with some research I have realized that there can be a no further stay restriction meaning we could not marry in Australia and then apply for a spouse visa.

The other option would be to marry in Russia, but this requires a 12 month worth of relationship evidence.

I have a few questions on top of all this.

Is there a minimum time required together before applying for a PMV?

If we were to marry in Russia would this help or hinder the process of a PMV?

Do you think immigration would see this as false information? Marrying in a Russia and then apply for a PMV and not a Spouse via?

Cheers in advance.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:00:51 PM by Daveman »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
The best path to take...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:43:33 PM »

Basically, I meet a Russian lady in October this year online and I will be going to visit her in February next year.
We are in contact daily by email or Skype.

I have been researching as much information as possible, to form as much evidence as possible for any Visa applications in the future.

From my understanding, Prospective marriage visa is the best path to take.
Basically the objective will be to get her to Australia as quickly as possible.

There was thought of a tourist visa but with some research I have realized that there can be a no further stay restriction meaning we could not marry in Australia and then apply for a spouse visa.

The other option would be to marry in Russia, but this requires a 12 month worth of relationship evidence.

I have a few questions on top of all this.

Is there a minimum time required together before applying for a PMV?

If we were to marry in Russia would this help or hinder the process of a PMV?

Do you think immigration would see this as false information? Marrying in a Russia and then apply for a PMV and not a Spouse via?

Cheers in advance.
I reformulate your message :
"Basically, I meet a Russian lady in October this year online and I will be going to visit her in February next year.
We are in contact daily by email or Skype."

Good guy, good news.
Tell us more when you will have met her.
If you need more informations about the travel, what to do, what not to do ask. The forum will be pleased to answer you.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline hynnilau

The best path to take...
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »
Do you know why Joan of Arc was so successful?

Preparation.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
The best path to take...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
Do you know why Joan of Arc was so successful?

Preparation.

Yes, but absolutely no amount of preparation can guarantee sparks the moment you meet.

I much rather keep expectations low and be surprised if something works out than vice versa.

Offline ML

The best path to take...
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 04:41:51 PM »

Yes, about 3 years ahead of time.

Complete your first visit.

Then make plans for second  visit within the year; if all went well in  first meeting.

Then, start making plans for third visit within a year of that, perhaps a month long visit for her to your country.

Then start talking about marriage . . . not before.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
The best path to take...
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »
Welcome hynnilau, you are already talking about marriage and you have not even met her face to face yet? Are you serious??? :rules:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline hynnilau

The best path to take...
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »

Then make plans for second  visit within the year; if all went well in  first meeting.

Then, start making plans for third visit within a year of that, perhaps a month long visit for her to your country.

I see lots of topics with it happenig in way less time than this, your blowing hot air out the rear.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:52:28 PM by hynnilau »

Offline hynnilau

The best path to take...
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 05:15:03 PM »
Yes, but absolutely no amount of preparation can guarantee sparks the moment you meet.

I much rather keep expectations low and be surprised if something works out than vice versa.

Agree, though your assuming a lot. Pretty much like the rest of the posters.

Anything can happen good or bad.

But there is no harm in finding out information where it is put to use or not.

Offline hynnilau

The best path to take...
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 05:18:04 PM »

I disagree
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:59:30 PM by hynnilau »

Offline hynnilau

The best path to take...
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »
Moderator delete topic please.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
The best path to take...
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 05:34:45 PM »
:deadhorse:Eat a coskun

What's that in English?  :rolleyes:   And why delete the whole original post?

And why are you so rude to ML?  He refers to subsequent visits being within a year of the previous one, not being at LEAST a year apart!  The "within" for some people might only be a month or three, leading (perhaps) to one of the quicker marriages around.  And your last response shows that you obviously haven't bothered reading his story properly.

Now you're asking a moderator to delete the topic!

Grow up!

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
The best path to take...
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »
I see what you did here, your mad because you got to the age 50+ and no resort but to seek someone outside of your country. It TOOK you 3 years because she definitely was not convinced after such a long time.
TROLOLOL
I think you should read the story of ML to understand how wrong you are. Guy you put your feet on an airport and you want to pilot a SU31, and you have never already drop your ass in a plane, perhaps you saw few in a magazine ? And you decided to buy right the money a big plane ? 
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline hynnilau

The best path to take...
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 05:42:17 PM »

What's that in English?  :rolleyes:   And why delete the whole original post?

And why are you so rude to ML?  He refers to subsequent visits being within a year of the previous one, not being at LEAST a year apart!  The "within" for some people might only be a month or three, leading (perhaps) to one of the quicker marriages around.  And your last response shows that you obviously haven't bothered reading his story properly.

Now you're asking a moderator to delete the topic!

Grow up!

I came here seeking information, not to be ridiculed on  what I am going to do with the information.

I said I had meet someone, not that I was going to marry her tomorrow.
I asked information on the best way to get 'someone' to your country it just happen to be in the same post.

And you throw around facts and I see you have been looking for 5 years plus?

Offline hynnilau

The best path to take...
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 05:43:26 PM »
I think you should read the story of ML to understand how wrong you are. Guy you put your feet on an airport and you want to pilot a SU31, and you have never already drop your ass in a plane, perhaps you saw few in a magazine ? And you decided to buy right the money a big plane ?

nice glasses bro

Offline Gator

The best path to take...
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 05:44:18 PM »
Before this thread I had no idea what the term "hynnilau" meant.  Now by demonstration we know.

Offline hynnilau

The best path to take...
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 05:47:17 PM »
Before this thread I had no idea what the term "hynnilau" meant.  Now by demonstration we know.

That was actually the most constructive response yet, at least it made me laugh.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
The best path to take...
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »
:deadhorse:Eat a coskun
Got here kinda late...trying to put 'lego' with the above quote????? Any ideas???  :o

Did anyone else notice this guy has been married for >10 years?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline jone

The best path to take...
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 06:33:14 PM »
ML bangs everyone he talks to on this site when the first come on here - to see if they're a chocolate soldier, i.e. melts when they go into battle. 

If you can stomach your first couple of threads, you will do well by all of us.  There are many thoughtful people on here that will save you many costly mistakes.  Having said that, I am not one of those people.  I have too much fun enjoying life.

Stick around.

Jone
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline hynnilau

The best path to take...
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 06:45:20 PM »
Thanks Jone.

There is not a lot these old men could say that would melt the chocolate frog.
I have so far found it amusing. They remind me of the movie, Grumpy old men.

Offline southernX

The best path to take...
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 06:54:33 PM »
hynnilau

seems not everybody read this bit of your post above  ;)

to be fully informed of all the hurdles you must jump through & the the best POSSIBLE  methods  is a good thing , as there are many , often people get into this without having done any pre reading or research on what is required of them and make unwise decisions without knowing the facts , then after some time they discover it could have been much easier if they had of done  some research  earlier on

imho the prospective spouse visa is the best way to go , if over time you get to build a strong  relationship with this lady and you decide into the future to propose to her ,
if you think that may eventuate , then i dont see anything unwise about discovering what you need to know and starting to keep a file with all your communication /contact in it , right from the begining

when i met my now wife after many other contacts/communciations with other ladys ., within aweek the strength of out connection  was so strong i decided to  keep all our stuff in one file on my pc , she did not , when eventually it escalated , she was amazed i had so much info stored ,

being prepared is much better than not , imho if you feel there is achance of something special developing & its easy to delete later if not

this adventure is an individual path , no right or wrong way , just what you feel works for you hynnilau  dont get defensive quite so easy , everyone is going to give you an opinion when you use a forum , read em all , consider em , keep what you want , discard some , its the way of forums

good luck

SX

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Daveman

The best path to take...
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »
Relax everyone..

First: the gentleman came seeking visa information.. It *is* an excellent idea to learn/understand all aspects of this venture prior to making the first trip -- including the various visas and documentation/requirements for being approved.

Second: the thread will not be deleted as discussion (ahem) has already begun.

Third:  a fast track to marriage could be heaven or hell. Most would indicate that it is not such a great idea. 

Fourth: Don't know about Australia.  You'll need to wait for the Aussie members to pass by. In the USA process, the equivalent spouse visa requires evidence supporting the legitimacy of the marriage.  The fiancee' visa requires proof of an ongoing relationship and having previously met in person.  In our process, the spouse visa takes a little longer.

Fifth: One place to check more would be visajourney.com. 

Sixth: Don't really have anything else, just wanted to end with an even number.

Seventh: Guess I blew the even number thing, but 7 is cooler.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline hynnilau

Re: The best path to take...
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 07:14:10 PM »
Thank you southernX and Dave.
Helpful posts at last much appreciated.

to be fully informed of all the hurdles you must jump through & the the best POSSIBLE  methods  is a good thing

My thoughts exactly.

Offline southernX

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 07:28:50 PM »
hynnilau

the advice we got[from a good agent who we used succesfully ]  regards the two choices betwen getting   Married in either country or prospective marriage visa  is as below if i recall it correctly in a general sense

1 if a couple get married in russia/australia  , you need to be able to provide evidence to show you have lived together as husband & wife  or defacto for that matter for at least 12 months , unless you plan to live there or she can come to australia to study or long term visa of another variety this is very difficult to achieve , showing rental agreements , power bills , gas etc, in both names

2 a prospective marriage visa requires you both to show that you have met and you have developed an ongoing supportive relationship with each other , but not having to prove you have lived together for a year

many people think if they marry they can short circuit the visa process in australia and make it happen faster because they are married but unles you have lived in any country as a couple for 12 months  it usually wont happen until this criteria is met

however the easier way with less burden of proof, [still a lot or docs/evidence  required ] is to apply for the pfv , then when it is granted , bring you lady to australia , marry in the 9 months you have on the visa and apply for the partner visa 820/801 i think it is , this means two sets of applications over time with 2 fees,

look up the australian gov immi site and have read , lots of info on there as well

tell us your in australia or an australian living working in overseas at present looking at your avatar ?
how big is the age gap between you ?
where did you meet this lady

spew up some details ?
SX
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:31:27 PM by southernX »
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline hynnilau

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »
Thank you for the Information southernx,
yes I have done a fair bit of research (for curiosity sake if nothing else.) and came to the conclusion that PMV is the best way to go if it was to all go well.

I am in my late 20's, I started talking to her on fdating.com I have been on there for a while talking to a lot of different women, I am also on a few other sites and have spotted and reported quiet a few that were obviously scammers. (Men have a particular emotionless way of typing sentences, that is easy to pick up on).

She is the same age as me and is very open, sincere she actually has a good job with a good wage for Russia.
I was dubious at the start (who would not be) but have spend hours on end talking to her on Skype and through emails and have grown trust in her but what she has told me. (things you would not just tell anyone)
Plus I am a very good judge of character.

Anyway It could go either way I am aware of this, but I do have a very good feeling about it all and look forward to meeting her and her family.

Offline jone

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 08:24:53 PM »
Just curious.  How are you two communicating through Skype.  Are you using the translation program or does she know English?  (That is what you guys speak Down Under, don't you? Hehehe)

I am interested in knowing someone who is using the new translation program add-on that I have heard about.

In any event, if you are to meet her family, I recommend going onto Biki and at least spend an hour a day for as long as you can before you go.  It is amazing how far you can get with only 200 russian words.  I remember the first time I tried to spell Putesheshtvavot.  If you need something even more basic, use MasterRussian.com and start with the alphabet.

But let me know about the Skype add-on.  I'm curious.

-j
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541452
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1639
Total: 1648

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 11:32:07 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM