It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My intro  (Read 4040 times)

Offline yddeh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: None (yet)
My intro
« on: August 16, 2015, 12:15:44 PM »
Hey everyone,

So I must say I'm glad I found this place, and wanted to intro myself.  I'm 32 next month, living in Calgary, Canada.  And, getting down to it, I'm trying to meet a girl from FSU, preferably Ukraine or Russia. 

I'm (finally!) divorced, after 4 years of separation, and finally done with alimony and all that nonsense that entails.  At this very moment, because I was handling all of the financial fallout that happens from a divorce over a 4 year period, I couldn't afford to live on my own and am presently living with my father.  However, that being said, ive finally gotten myself into a very decent career, and with no more drama in my life, I can actually move forward again and be on my own soon.  I feel things are finally coming together in the direction I want.  And all that's missing is someone to share it with.

Ive dated around as well , local women obviously.  But I don't know if its me, but I just find the mentality of the women ive been dating here to be leaving much to be desired.  There ARE a few gems, don't get me wrong, but of course those ones are the ones that are almost always taken.  After the last 2 years of the dating game with local girls, suffice to say I'm tired.  I think you'll find that anywhere you go to a degree, but I digress.

What made me think about an international FSU lady?.

Well, in my job, I meet ALOT of people on a weekly basis, from all walks of life.  Many newly immigrated here, many who've lived here forever, ect (I'm an IT recruitment manager for a large staffing firm, so people is kind of my business).  And ive had some VERY attractive FSU females, mostly programmers and developers surprisingly, that ive met and represented.  Obviously because of a conflict of interest I couldn't pursue anything with them, that and the small detail that most were married LOL.  Nonetheless I found it very pleasant to converse with them, and my interviews almost always ran over the targeted timeframe haha.

Id love to meet a girl like that.  And its in my long term plans to figure out a trip, though to where, IE Ukraine or Russia, I'm not entirely sure yet.  I figured if thisi s what I want, and I feel serious about it, I should come here, research as much as I can, and get to know those who've gone before me.

Anyway, this kind of turned into a ramble, but this is my intro.  Sooooo hi!. 

Offline Sous02

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: My intro
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 12:42:08 PM »
Good luck. Do a lot of reading on this forum and you will learn lots.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 12:44:02 PM »
yddeh

Excellent intro and welcome to RWD! You'll learn lots here. Stick around and start reading.  :welcome:

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
My intro
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 12:48:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline DatingCoachUSSR

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 12:59:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum Yddeh

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 07:10:33 PM »
It seems you are taking a thoughtful approach Yddeh. One more thing to consider is money. Make sure your finances are in place because this can possibly be costly.

Offline yddeh

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 07:47:54 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone!.

Yes, I most certainly am going into this with finances in mind, which is why right now I'm primarily in the information gathering/research phase.  I'm very well aware that sometimes this can entail quite a lot of trips, nevermind (assuming you in fact marry a FSU girl and bring her to your country) the costs after the fact as well.

I'm not necessarily setting a timeline for myself on anything really, I'm going into this more with a "when the times right" mentality.  I'm saving quite a bit at the moment though just for this, so at the same time I'm also getting prepared!.

Looking forward to adventures! :)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »
I'm 32 next month,

You are at a wonderful age to start this endeavor. Many of the guys here started later in life.

am presently living with my father.

How will you describe your living situation with the ladies you communicate with? Some will drop you knowing you are still living with your father. The ladies have dreams of having their own families and although they may not be gold diggers, they need a man that can financially support them and kids. You can tell them you have a good job now but they won't believe it if you're still living with parents.

I'm not necessarily setting a timeline for myself on anything really, I'm going into this more with a "when the times right" mentality.  I'm saving quite a bit at the moment though just for this, so at the same time I'm also getting prepared!.

A man without a plan is not desirable to the ladies. Some of the ladies have wasted months or years with a man who is waiting for the right time to make things happen. If you begin to contact women, you should be able to jump on a plane within 3 months after you find one you like. Telling the ladies to wait longer so you can get prepared is not fair to them. Most ladies have encountered keyboard Romeos and statistics show roughly out of all the men who write women, roughly 5% get on a plane to visit.

Looking forward to adventures! :)

It can be the most rewarding and fun experience in your life. Do lots of reading here to get educated. Welcome to the forum.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline yddeh

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 10:11:45 PM »
Good questions Billy!,

I'm not actually on any sites right now looking to correspond.  As you pointed out, not exactly the best impression to make on a woman when I'm not on my own yet.  Id come to that conclusion as well.  Which is why right now I'm primarily in the research phase.  Ill be on my own come dec/jan, and I'm thinking ill probably start actively looking come next year when I have something saved to fund all this, probably next fall. 

To clarify, when I said I didn't have a timeline, what I meant was a timeline for getting things in order BEFORE I start an active search.  I don't want to rush crossing the T's and dotting my I's before putting myself out there.  When I commit, I want to make sure ive got no issue doing so, and I feel doing the research now, while working on other fronts, is the smart way to do so.  May as well make use of the time since I don't want to actively search now, no?.

You are at a wonderful age to start this endeavor. Many of the guys here started later in life.

How will you describe your living situation with the ladies you communicate with? Some will drop you knowing you are still living with your father. The ladies have dreams of having their own families and although they may not be gold diggers, they need a man that can financially support them and kids. You can tell them you have a good job now but they won't believe it if you're still living with parents.

A man without a plan is not desirable to the ladies. Some of the ladies have wasted months or years with a man who is waiting for the right time to make things happen. If you begin to contact women, you should be able to jump on a plane within 3 months after you find one you like. Telling the ladies to wait longer so you can get prepared is not fair to them. Most ladies have encountered keyboard Romeos and statistics show roughly out of all the men who write women, roughly 5% get on a plane to visit.

It can be the most rewarding and fun experience in your life. Do lots of reading here to get educated. Welcome to the forum.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 10:37:26 PM »
To clarify, when I said I didn't have a timeline, what I meant was a timeline for getting things in order BEFORE I start an active search.  I don't want to rush crossing the T's and dotting my I's before putting myself out there.  When I commit, I want to make sure ive got no issue doing so, and I feel doing the research now, while working on other fronts, is the smart way to do so.  May as well make use of the time since I don't want to actively search now, no?.

To me it sounds like you are looking at this the right way and planning to
get your personal things in order but doing long term planning in the interim.

Udachi!

Bill 

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline TagUrIt898

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 11:07:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum. You seem to have a rational approach to starting this venture. Yes there is a ton of information here and they is a lot support here as well.  When you are ready to start corresponding, just remember not to get fooled by the pretty and fall in love with a photo. Also don't ignore red flags (that's my biggest issue with new guys).

I'm gonna say it now, you will get a lot of people advising (like I just did😜) on what to do and what not to do. Some of it you should listen to, some of it you should discard.  You're going to have to determine what's best for you and your potential FSUW. There is no magic formula to any of this, lots of patience, little bit of luck and a lot of common sense will help you in your quest.

Tag

Offline oso

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 04:09:47 AM »
Welcome!!! Eh!
One of the most important things now is to figure out who you are. Who you are exactly seeking...Start making out your shopping list, for example are you looking for a good heart and kindness, are you looking for a party girl.....Make a list on what is important to you. Leave out the model crap....10 minutes with the make-up bag there all models.
Good luck in your quest.....when you find the right woman she will rock your world!

Offline Rick4G

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 05:46:44 PM »
Welcome!!! Eh!
One of the most important things now is to figure out who you are. Who you are exactly seeking...Start making out your shopping list, for example are you looking for a good heart and kindness, are you looking for a party girl.....Make a list on what is important to you. Leave out the model crap....10 minutes with the make-up bag there all models.
Good luck in your quest.....when you find the right woman she will rock your world!
you have been offered good advice based on your posts. .  Take it slow and almost be methodical in your screening.  Remember that you don't need success on the very first trip.  It requires money to do this adventure but it can be money well spent if you pay attention and be smart.  Good luck

Offline bizpat72

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 07:51:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I'm also a newbie and learning a lot from my reading here. Good luck.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541445
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1744
Total: 1752

+-Recent Posts

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Today at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Today at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 09:21:35 AM

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Today at 08:06:48 AM

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Today at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM