It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: children  (Read 224247 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: children
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2007, 04:16:05 PM »
Vaughn,

What was your not so little dyevushka's feelings about returning to her mother country?  Did it speak to her soul?

If all goes to plan I too will be taking a 16-yo back to her mother country 5 years after she left.  Her mama has had enough of Russia and does not want to return ever, but feels that her children will need the experience to understand their roots.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2007, 04:22:16 PM »
All kids are so precious... U even give them russian names, uh?
 Did u baptise them?

In our case, Katya (Ekaterina) was "dedicated" in our church. This differs from baptism in that, in our faith, we believe to be baptised, a person must have reached the 'age of accountability' so that they may discern right from wrong. A young child is still learning about right/wrong, and of course, developing their own individual beliefs (albeit HEAVILY influenced by their parents and siblings). The dedication of an infant is more for the parents, friends and family as it represents a commitment to raise the child in a God-fearing and Christ-loving home. The baptism, which will come later, will be HER OWN decision to make a public expression of her faith and beliefs in Christ and commitment to follow His will for her life.

Now, to be clear, my wife and I are not Orthodox. Olya did not throw off any previous faith from Ukraine, only that when she arrived here in the US, we suffered some very difficult circumstances which allowed (forced) both of us to refocus our belief systems, and we centered on a Christian/Protestant faith. Neither of us are particularly dogmatic, though our faith is vibrant and quite alive. We have friends who range from evangelical Christians to Muslims to agnostics and atheists. Olya has often described her religious faith in Ukraine as one which believed that God was there for her - when she needed Him - but that she had, and felt, no obligation or need to "be there for Him." That has now changed, dramatically.

My amazing nephew

JC - what a handsome boy!

Jazzy, nice fotki!

Here's our liitle one, hardly a kid anymore, hamming it up
in St Petersburg five weeks ago....

Vaughn - she is cute beyond words. I imagine you are going to have your hands more than full in the not-so-distant future - if you don't already.

Anybody wanting an entertaining peek into the diary of life
with a RW should check out Simoni's excellent blog here at RWD.

Vaughn

I want to second that suggestion. Simoni has written a very fine blog and it deserves high praise. For those wishing to take a peek, visit this link -- http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?ind=blog&op=home&idu=2105

- Dan

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2007, 05:02:34 PM »
Vaughn,

It's about time you print out a bunch of copies of the 10 Rules for dating your daughter. Give it to her so she can pass it out to the boys who are thinking about dating her.

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk, you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose his compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
In order for us to get to know each other, you may think we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on his subject is "early."

Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my Daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided. Movies, which feature chainsaws, are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:
Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a pot-bellied, balding, middle-aged, dim-witted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Vaughn

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2007, 07:43:45 PM »
What was your not so little dyevushka's feelings about returning to her mother country?  Did it speak to her soul?

Gator, in short, after nearly 90 days in Russia, she was more than ready to come home. In previous summers she
returned with a tiny bit of regret - thinking that life was fairly fun & easy there. Her Mom and I reminded her that
she was "on vacation" - that living and working there is quite a different thing. In her advanced age, she now
realizes all that without prompting - and was anxious to get back to work and school.

Vaughn - she is cute beyond words. I imagine you are going to have your hands more than full in the not-so-distant future - if you don't already.
It's about time you print out a bunch of copies of the 10 Rules for dating your daughter. Give it to her so she can pass it out to the boys who are thinking about dating her.

Two years ago some boy parked and honked the horn in front of our home. You should have seen his
face turn chalk white when Dad emerged to straighten his attitude out.

I'm happy to report she's in control without my having to impose rules. She's very independent and wants no
part of a serious relationship at this point in her life. A police officer buddy of mine, visiting his own MIL,
happened to run into Lenara on the arm of one of Yoshkar Ola's "glamour boys" - a kid with a degree, nice
looking and flamboyant. My buddy thought "Oh no - he's Mafia for sure" and counseled Lenara on my behalf.
The kid spent oodles of money and gave her lots of attention, yet she wasn't fazed one iota. Just another
date to her. Here's a few more photos from her summer, the first one with "the Kid"...

Perhaps out of the ordinary here, the 3rd photo is with her natural Dad, with whose family she maintains
a healthy relationship.

Offline Mamma D

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: children...new kid on our block!
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2007, 09:00:35 AM »
He is 12 weeks old weighs  3.5 pounds....More energy than the law allows.

I think the name will be Stinker!  :)

May those that love us, love us.
And those that don't love us,May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,May He turn their ankles,
 So we will know them by their limping.

God put your arm about my shoulder... and your hand over my MOUTH!

Offline Mamma D

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2007, 09:10:55 AM »
Up date on our lad at Stanford...
He reports that he is living in a Spa......
Has given up the idea of a PhD. from MIT!
Wants to stay at Stanford forever!
He has to really study! And mom is not there to PUSH!

Now why does this not suprise an old kid that grew up  in the Golden State?

So many people living there now, and the wild fires are so much more damaging.
A big change from the 40's....
May those that love us, love us.
And those that don't love us,May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,May He turn their ankles,
 So we will know them by their limping.

God put your arm about my shoulder... and your hand over my MOUTH!

Offline AnastassiaAsh

• Commercial Member
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2007, 06:59:46 AM »
Just a little update here.

Andre sings and plays the piano with two hands, succeeds in math and computers (2 years ahead) as usual.  :D

These are my two boys: big one and a little one  ;)

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2007, 03:42:46 AM »
Tamara has become a little girl now  :)  Full time at the Montessori Nursery School from January 2008.  My she has grown quickly...

Offline I/O

« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2007, 04:18:50 AM »
Leslie: With "Heartbreaker" eyes like that, you're gunna need two shotguns in a few years time, one cooling down whilst your are using the other one. >:( >:(

I/O

Offline mischief

« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2008, 02:39:54 PM »
Tamara has become a little girl now  :)  Full time at the Montessori Nursery School from January 2008.  My she has grown quickly...

Leslie,  Tamara is sooo cute!  It's amazing how quick they grow...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2008, 02:46:04 PM »
Leslie,  Tamara is sooo cute!  It's amazing how quick they grow...

mischief,

Welcome back! How's everything with you and your son Daniel? Any more children on their way?

- Dan

Offline mischief

« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2008, 02:56:18 PM »
Guys, I haven't been here for a long while... it's nice to know you all are doing well and it's a pleasure, as always, to see your wonderful children and spouses... I wish you all the very best!

Here is the latest picture of my family... yep, we got the second "monster"  :D...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2008, 03:02:02 PM »
Guys, I haven't been here for a long while... it's nice to know you all are doing well and it's a pleasure, as always, to see your wonderful children and spouses... I wish you all the very best!

Here is the latest picture of my family... yep, we got the second "monster"  :D...

Wow! Congratulations!

What a BEAUTIFUL family.

- Dan

Offline mischief

« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »
mischief,

Welcome back! How's everything with you and your son Daniel? Any more children on their way?

- Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for welcoming! How are you and your family doing?  I'm fine, busy with the boys... it's very nice to hear from you!

Offline mischief

« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »
Wow! Congratulations!

What a BEAUTIFUL family.

- Dan

thank you!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2008, 03:18:42 PM »
Hi Dan,

Thank you for welcoming! How are you and your family doing?  I'm fine, busy with the boys... it's very nice to hear from you!

Here are a couple photos from this past summer.

We are doing fine - and Katya is an incredible blessing.

- Dan

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2008, 03:27:51 PM »
Hi Mischief. How are you? Long time. Still in Queens? (or was it Brooklyn, I forgot  ::)). Happy to see the new addition and I hope all are doing well.
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline mischief

« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2008, 03:30:16 PM »
Here are a couple photos from this past summer.

We are doing fine - and Katya is an incredible blessing.

- Dan

Dan,
Pictures are great! Very happy family!  Your girls, Katya and Olya, are beautiful!  Ok, you look very good too!  ;D

Offline mischief

« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2008, 03:32:37 PM »
Hi Mischief. How are you? Long time. Still in Queens? (or was it Brooklyn, I forgot  ::)). Happy to see the new addition and I hope all are doing well.

Hi Gregory... yep, still in forest hills... how are things with you?  you should give me a call sometimes...

Offline Jazzyclassy

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2008, 08:24:47 AM »
Hey Dan :) your cute sweet daughter looks so much like you :)

Mischief :) your kids are adorable as well , so sweet and lapochki :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:27:33 AM by Jazzyclassy »

Offline viking

« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2008, 09:16:32 AM »
The thing about kids is how fast they grow. The first photo was taken years ago (sorry about the quality of the image, carrying it around in your wallet will do that) and the second seems like it was only a few weeks later.

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2008, 10:22:33 AM »
viking! your girls are so lovely and very beautiful :)

Offline viking

« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2008, 12:59:26 PM »
Thanks Jazzy. May you be as fortunate in the future.

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2008, 01:38:24 PM »
 I hope so Viking , thank you :) Kids are so important and so vital they are amazing

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2008, 06:50:25 PM »
They are my pride- Vladimir and Dmitry, my sons

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1969
Total: 1979

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM