It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 297897 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #875 on: March 03, 2022, 06:05:18 AM »
1. Appeal to exaggeration. At the time Ukraine held a large number of Soviet-era nuclear weapons. In an effort to reduce the number of countries holding nuclear arsenals, guarantees were offered by the West AND BY RUSSIA for Ukrainian sovereignty and security. Your "jeopardize the planet with WWIII" bullshit is pure hyperbole.
No.  It isn't 'my' WWIII horseshit, although I do believe it is on the table.   There are a lot of people Lavrov himself has brought it up and many analysts are making the rounds in belief it is quite possible IF NATO takes a larger role.  It is already becoming a blurred line.

2. Probably this. Probably that. More speculative nonsense.
You may think everything is a sure thing.  For now, it is a maybe or probably. 

3. You failed to include the most profound part of the interview when she asked the question of what red line is it that Putin must cross before the West intervenes. Of course, that question presupposes one starts from the position that Putin's aggressions are unwarranted - a step too far for you it seems.
Actually, it is you that failed to discuss that aspect of the interview in context.  I've discussed the points that I was ready to discuss.  If there are points that you feel are necessary to bring up, obviously you should do it. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #876 on: March 03, 2022, 07:03:16 AM »

Former MI6 Chief On the Ukraine & Russia Conflict | Oxford Union

Thanks for sharing the video. Actually watched the whole thing, but man that was painful. I thought Gavin Newsom was bad, but he takes the cake.

One can only hope the suffering stops sooner than later.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #877 on: March 03, 2022, 09:20:13 AM »
Correct, they have contempt for Germany and France.
These last two countries needed a lot of time to realize it, but now it's done.
And things are unlikely to be fully restored.

Patagonie-

I understand how Germany can be looked at by Moscow as being submissive, or even passive, as to me it has a very deep reliance on Russia's energy provision. But as a Frenchman, why do you think France is looked at by Russia as such (weak)? Hell, Macron have the only open communication with Russia at this time.

Could it be that France had always been apprehensive in its NATO membership? It first withdrew from the alliance, IINM, back in the late 60s and took what I think 40+ years before rejoining for a heavily conditioned membership (absent doctrine for mutual assured destruction). Which explains its non-military contribution to this obsolete organization when required. So maybe Russia sees that as being 'weak'?

What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 09:23:33 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #878 on: March 03, 2022, 09:32:07 AM »

Patagonie-

I understand how Germany can be looked at by Moscow as being submissive, or even passive, as to me it has a very deep reliance on Russia's energy provision. But as a Frenchman, why do you think France is looked at by Russia as such (weak)? Hell, Macron have the only open communication with Russia at this time.

Could it be that France had always been apprehensive in its NATO membership? It first withdrew from the alliance, IINM, back in the late 60s and took what I think 40+ years before rejoining for a heavily conditioned membership (absent doctrine for mutual assured destruction). Which explains its non-military contribution to this obsolete organization when required. So maybe Russia sees that as being 'weak'?

What do you think?
GQ 
I think it's more about how France has managed the crisis of the Yellow Jackets and the fact that it doesn't control his immigration. Marriage between homosexuals, couple of men or couple of men adopting babies and so on.
It's more about moral values IMHO.
Additionally Macron is the exact type of young French blue-collar that is having no clue about the Slavic soul. I suppose that the previous Presidents were better in this exercise. 

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #879 on: March 03, 2022, 10:01:11 AM »
GQ 
I think it's more about how France has managed the crisis of the Yellow Jackets and the fact that it doesn't control his immigration. Marriage between homosexuals, couple of men or couple of men adopting babies and so on.
It's more about moral values IMHO.
Additionally Macron is the exact type of young French blue-collar that is having no clue about the Slavic soul. I suppose that the previous Presidents were better in this exercise.

So what you're saying is, it's more in line 'culturally' than any. Macron, at least from my distant perspective, does seem to be disfavored by its citizens.

Just read an article today about how he perceived the result of his recently concluded communication with Putin. Very bleak for Ukraine.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 10:14:47 AM by GQBlues »

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #881 on: March 03, 2022, 05:15:55 PM »
Thanks for sharing the video. Actually watched the whole thing...
Yeah? I am limited on time__ What did he say?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #882 on: March 03, 2022, 05:18:25 PM »
   If Russia feels the weaponry is going to make it to Ukraine, they may feel the urgent need to exterminate Ukraine's military on an accelerated timeline, with less and less regard for 'collateral damage. 
It has been demonstrated that they have no regard for this at all.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #883 on: March 03, 2022, 05:26:30 PM »
It has been demonstrated that they have no regard for this at all.
I'm hearing mixed reports.  Some are practically saying they are lining up women and children and shooting them. I'd need to see videos of this to believe it.     Others are saying they are permitting civilians to leave in predetermined routes.  This seems plausible. 

Fathertime! 

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #884 on: March 03, 2022, 05:34:41 PM »
I'm hearing mixed reports.  Some are practically saying they are lining up women and children and shooting them. I'd need to see videos of this to believe it.     Others are saying they are permitting civilians to leave in predetermined routes.  This seems plausible. 

Fathertime!

There are not mutually exclusive situations here.

It is true that many people are leaving Ukraine mostly unhindered by Russian terrorists.

However, it is also true that Russian terrorists are shooting into houses along the streets as they move through.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #885 on: March 03, 2022, 06:36:03 PM »
There are not mutually exclusive situations here.

It is true that many people are leaving Ukraine mostly unhindered by Russian terrorists.

Yeah, not the Russian terrorists but what about the Ukrainian guards.... 
This will not be looked at favorably in African nations, or by most anyone else.  Quite a few accountings (And accompanying video) so it is probably true. 

African students fleeing Ukraine report racial discrimination at borders
The last 24 hours of her journey in the queue, Sky said, were the worst because that’s when she started facing “racism and segregation.” She said that while she and her husband were making their way to the front of the line, Ukrainian civilians began aggressively circling their car, with one man allegedly lunging at her....

.....“The Ukrainian border guards were not letting us through. They were beating people up with sticks” and tearing off their jackets, she added. “They would slap them, beat them and push them to the end of the queue. It was awful.”

....Other accounts using the #africansinukraine hashtag (but unverified by Yahoo News) involve African men, women and children being shoved off trains and buses by Ukrainian troops....

http://www.yahoo.com/news/african-students-fleeing-ukraine-report-racial-discrimination-at-borders-234429880.html 

Fathertime! 

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #886 on: March 03, 2022, 10:03:40 PM »
It's not a racial thing, though, FT. 

Ukrainian men have very different attitudes toward women (and children) than do WM.  So they would hold back foreigners who are 99% men in favour of letting women proceed to cross the border.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #887 on: March 03, 2022, 10:54:54 PM »
This will not be looked at favorably in African nations, or by most anyone else.  Quite a few accountings (And accompanying video) so it is probably true. 

The last 24 hours of her journey in the queue, Sky said, were the worst because that’s when she started facing “racism and segregation.” She said that while she and her husband were making their way to the front of the line, Ukrainian civilians began aggressively circling their car, with one man allegedly lunging at her....

.....“The Ukrainian border guards were not letting us through. They were beating people up with sticks” and tearing off their jackets, she added. “They would slap them, beat them and push them to the end of the queue. It was awful.”

....Other accounts using the #africansinukraine hashtag (but unverified by Yahoo News) involve African men, women and children being shoved off trains and buses by Ukrainian troops....

http://www.yahoo.com/news/african-students-fleeing-ukraine-report-racial-discrimination-at-borders-234429880.html 

Fathertime!

That’s terrible. But that’s true most everywhere.

Offline GQBlues

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #888 on: March 03, 2022, 11:09:39 PM »
Yeah? I am limited on time__ What did he say?

Mostly various angles where this conflict could potentially end. As a career intelligence personnel he just shared insights to the wacky mind of Putin that most are aware of to begin with.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #889 on: March 04, 2022, 12:44:54 AM »
A lot of those ethnic groups have a very self important outlook. They don't think they think they should be allowed in with the women/anyone else but I'm front of them. They think they are entitled to push themselves to the front of the queue as soon as matters change in their interest to do so. Unfortunately for them they were born with penis's and in such a time in a country like Ukraine in such a circumstance they have least value. They would be better making their way on foot than waiting there forever more while women are constantly pushed in front of them.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #890 on: March 04, 2022, 05:57:47 AM »

Fathertime!

The BBC tried to put a racial spin on this..being a lefty outfit....and failed.

They have reporters at the Polish border with Lviv,and they were thrusting microphones under black refugees arriving from Ukraine.

"Were you put to the back of the queue for getting out of Ukraine " ? They asked.

"Yes we were "was the reply.

"So this was racial discrimination then " ? the reporter eagerly asked of a black woman.

"No..the Ukrainians were putting Ukrainian people before foreigners ".

"Oh " replied the thwarted reporter.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #891 on: March 04, 2022, 06:18:18 AM »
It seems the west's biggest weapon thus far has been finances.  Years or decades ago this weapon would have been more effective but may be a little watered down in 2022. 
The Ruble has gone down in value a lot since the war started from 80 to 112 (Estimate)
At the same time Oil has gone up in value from $75 a barrel to $110  (Estimate) 
It seems that this will nullify the effect of sanctions.  The US continues to buy 600,000 barrels of oil from Russia DAILY.  I would assume (Especially now) that Russia is getting paid immediately and in dollars. 

It wouldn't benefit us much if we tried to stop buying the oil.  China or India would probably buy the oil anyway.  I think other nations are leery of the US trying to freeze countries out, because they realize at some point down the road, they will either be frozen out, or the looming threat would exist and occasionally be used as a lever to apply pressure. 

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #892 on: March 04, 2022, 07:13:03 AM »

The BBC tried to put a racial spin on this..being a lefty outfit....and failed.

They have reporters at the Polish border with Lviv,and they were thrusting microphones under black refugees arriving from Ukraine.

"Were you put to the back of the queue for getting out of Ukraine " ? They asked.

"Yes we were "was the reply.

"So this was racial discrimination then " ? the reporter eagerly asked of a black woman.

"No..the Ukrainians were putting Ukrainian people before foreigners ".

"Oh " replied the thwarted reporter.
I don't think all the accounts can be dismissed by one interaction you are quoting.    That said, I know the media likes to headline racial issues such as these.     Still the accounts are some people are actually being beaten, so there is probably some truth to it.   

Years ago when it was Syrian's trying to escape, they were called dregs of society, and terrorists among chants of send them back! ....now that it is Ukrainians, they are civilians.     In both cases they are civilians.   

Fathertime!

Offline tfcrew

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #893 on: March 04, 2022, 07:22:27 AM »
African students....
The Polish are vetting people based on appearance. So what?
Who is to know who is entering? Unlike the US border which should be very important...any Tom, Dick, & Harry, or Abdul the Islamic terrorist is wandering on in.

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #894 on: March 04, 2022, 07:40:00 AM »
The Polish are vetting people based on appearance. So what?
Who is to know who is entering? Unlike the US border which should be very important...any Tom, Dick, & Harry, or Abdul the Islamic terrorist is wandering on in.

I don't think the focus was Polish guards vetting people.  That is totally ok to do obviously.   Poor treatment by Ukrainians is the aspect of the article I was referring to.  Beatings...being pushed off a train...accountings like this. 

The US border has become lax.  Dominican Lady came into my shop recently and said she had never seen it so easy to come through the checkpoints.  The border people were practically sleeping and waving everybody through at Tijuana border crossing.

Fathertime!     

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #895 on: March 04, 2022, 08:35:31 AM »
If I were a foreign investor, I'd be uninterested in investing in the US or Europe going forward.   Foreign investment is one of the keys to the US economy.  A lot of our taxes are paid by foreigners who invest in our real estate, stocks, and projects.  We don't make very much stuff here in the states to export, so this was one of the ways to recapture some of the money we hemorrhage on imports. 

Chinese, Russian, Indian among others may reconsider investing here and stick to investing in their home countries.  I think the idea WAS to invest some of their assets here in the states to diversify their portfolios.  The US is proving to be an unsafe place to invest, as assets can be seized suddenly.  This is a complaint I often hear about investing in the 3rd world, that laws can change overnight, and you suddenly lose everything.   

I will be curious to see if there is a long-term effect from US and EU policy.   

Sanctioned Russian billionaire banker Mikhail Fridman was locked out of the private-equity firm he cofounded and staff were told to ignore him, report says

.....Russian billionaire and banker, Mikhail Fridman, was locked out of the investment firm he cofounded after he was hit by European Union sanctions, the company announced on Wednesday.....

....Fridman's assets in the company were "effectively frozen" and his rights as a shareholder were taken away, LetterOne's press release said. He won't receive dividends, funds, or communications in any way, said LetterOne.....

http://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/sanctioned-billionaire-russian-banker-mikhail-105222192.html 

Fathertime! 

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #896 on: March 04, 2022, 08:47:49 AM »
I don't think all the accounts can be dismissed by one interaction you are quoting.    That said, I know the media likes to headline racial issues such as these.     Still the accounts are some people are actually being beaten, so there is probably some truth to it.   

Years ago when it was Syrian's trying to escape, they were called dregs of society, and terrorists among chants of send them back! ....now that it is Ukrainians, they are civilians.     In both cases they are civilians.   

Fathertime!

If there was racism going on concerning the evacuation of people from Ukraine the BBC would have found it..it's their go to.

An Indian guy was complaining at Kiev train station that he'd been pushed back with a rifle butt in his back,but he'd been trying to force his way past a Ukrainian woman and her child onto a train.

Black men on the steps leading up to the platform were being VERY aggressive toward Ukrainian women and their children in their way,until Ukrainian troops yelled at them to get back,and then lifted the women and children up out of the crush and onto the platform..this was all filmed by Sky News.

No signs of any beatings though. :rolleyes:

Two sides to every story eh ?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 08:50:43 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #897 on: March 04, 2022, 09:01:00 AM »
Bad news for Trench.

625,000 refugees have fled to Poland from Ukraine so far and i found out today there's already a large Ukrainian population in Poland.

All those Ukrainian guys waiting to comfort those single hotties ..and those girls will now get to stay in the EU with their new partners.

It couldn't have worked out any worse for Trenchie.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #898 on: March 04, 2022, 09:13:36 AM »
Bad news for Trench.

625,000 refugees have fled to Poland from Ukraine so far and i found out today there's already a large Ukrainian population in Poland.

All those Ukrainian guys waiting to comfort those single hotties ..and those girls will now get to stay in the EU with their new partners.

It couldn't have worked out any worse for Trenchie.
:ROFL:
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #899 on: March 04, 2022, 02:15:43 PM »
It seems the west's biggest weapon thus far has been finances.  Years or decades ago this weapon would have been more effective but may be a little watered down in 2022. 
The Ruble has gone down in value a lot since the war started from 80 to 112 (Estimate)
At the same time Oil has gone up in value from $75 a barrel to $110  (Estimate) 
It seems that this will nullify the effect of sanctions.  The US continues to buy 600,000 barrels of oil from Russia DAILY.  I would assume (Especially now) that Russia is getting paid immediately and in dollars. 

It wouldn't benefit us much if we tried to stop buying the oil.  China or India would probably buy the oil anyway.  I think other nations are leery of the US trying to freeze countries out, because they realize at some point down the road, they will either be frozen out, or the looming threat would exist and occasionally be used as a lever to apply pressure. 

Fathertime!

Russia is a kleptocracy.  So hitting them with really tough sanctions will work, because the elite won't be able to spend their ill gotten gains.  There's only so much borscht, blini, and vodka one can consume.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541422
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 4005
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 2466
Total: 2474

+-Recent Posts

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Today at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Today at 06:45:25 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by krimster2
Today at 06:37:55 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Today at 06:17:39 PM

Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by 2tallbill
Today at 06:09:37 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill