It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 297900 times)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1500 on: April 01, 2022, 11:34:38 AM »
Tell me the benefits for the RF to send two helicopters striking their home depots in Belgorod?I would like to know.
Initially, it was believed that was a Ukrainian missile.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Nightwish

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1501 on: April 01, 2022, 11:43:25 AM »
Tell me the benefits for the RF to send two helicopters striking their home depots in Belgorod?I would like to know.

Ukraine's top security official says Ukraine was NOT behind helicopter air strike on the oil depot in Belgorod, Russia - Reuters
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1502 on: April 01, 2022, 12:26:34 PM »
putting on a "bear costume" is actually a good way to go bear hunting without getting mauled first...

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1503 on: April 01, 2022, 12:28:55 PM »

It would be a false flag operation so Russia can justify an escalation of the war.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Admin

• Administrator
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1504 on: April 01, 2022, 12:46:26 PM »
It would be a false flag operation so Russia can justify an escalation of the war.

One wonders how much more they (Russia) can escalate. Indiscriminate bombing of civilian populations, raiding humanitarian goods destined for children and elderly, leveling an entire city beyond any military strategic or tactical purpose.

Escalation would seem to be chemical warfare or nuclear attack. How else can Russia escalate matters from this point?

Further, Ukraine is retaliating. They did not initiate. If Ukraine has managed to find a way to take the fight to Russian soil, Russia has only itself to blame for creating the war in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 12:48:40 PM by Admin »

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1505 on: April 01, 2022, 12:49:42 PM »
I can't understand the rationale behind Russian Helicopters striking the fuel depot in Russia.

It wouldn't make sense as a false flag operation..nobody was killed and Ukraine would be perfectly entitled to make the strike so close to their border to prevent Russian Military re-fuelling there.

If it was done to prevent an unlikely peace deal then Russia had no intention of having a peace deal anyway and could just say so.

Is it possible they were captured Helicopters,used by Ukrainians,who then said "not us guv,you can see they're not our Helicopters * ?

Is it possible, if they were Russian pilots, that they thought they were hitting a target in Ukraine.being close to the border ?

Are there any other countries that use those particular Helicopters in the area who thought they'd give Ukraine a hand ?

Or is it Russia attempted a false flag operation ,using the Helicopters under cover of the night,not thinking that someone would get good enough film to show that they're Russian not Ukrainian Helicopters ?

All a bit embarrassing for the Kremlin if caught out trying a false flag attempt on their own city if it's the latter.

Just saying it like it is.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1506 on: April 01, 2022, 01:20:35 PM »
Ukraine's top security official says Ukraine was NOT behind helicopter air strike on the oil depot in Belgorod, Russia - Reuters

I'm watching CNN now and Ukraine has neither confirmed or denied the strike.

Offline Nightwish

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1507 on: April 01, 2022, 01:35:58 PM »

I'm watching CNN now and Ukraine has neither confirmed or denied the strike.

"For some reason they say that we did it, but according to our information this does not correspond to reality," said Security Council Secretary Oleksiy Danilov.

Earlier, defence ministry spokesman Oleksandr Motuzyanyk said he would neither confirm nor deny a Ukrainian role.

"Ukraine is currently conducting a defensive operation against Russian aggression on the territory of Ukraine, and this does not mean that Ukraine is responsible for every catastrophe on Russia's territory," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/world/ukraine-strikes-fuel-depot-russias-belgorod-regional-official-says-2022-04-01/
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1508 on: April 01, 2022, 03:24:34 PM »
One wonders how much more they (Russia) can escalate. Indiscriminate bombing of civilian populations, raiding humanitarian goods destined for children and elderly, leveling an entire city beyond any military strategic or tactical purpose.

Escalation would seem to be chemical warfare or nuclear attack. How else can Russia escalate matters from this point?

Further, Ukraine is retaliating. They did not initiate. If Ukraine has managed to find a way to take the fight to Russian soil, Russia has only itself to blame for creating the war in the first place.

They could be turning Kyiv into Grozny.  I don't know if they'd be as successful, but they could be doing more damage.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jumper1

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1509 on: April 01, 2022, 03:54:34 PM »
I don't understand how Russia is able to destroy Mariupol.

What are they using ?

Why Ukraine can't attack and destroy whatever it is Russia is using?
?
Missiles,Naval, air, and land bombardement.

They were flying 200 or so sorties every 24 hours

Meanwhile we have subs that can hit many targets in Ukraine  from.the north sea or med,so.i'd assume russia does as well(but wouldnt as certainly can much more easily hit Mariupol from thier border, and fly missions easily from.their  air bases.

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1510 on: April 01, 2022, 03:59:29 PM »
?
Missiles,Naval, air, and land bombardement.

They were flying 200 or so sorties every 24 hours

Meanwhile we have subs that can hit many targets in Ukraine  from.the north sea or med,so.i'd assume russia does as well(but wouldnt as certainly can much more easily hit Mariupol from thier border, and fly missions easily from.their  air bases.

But I thought Ukraine has some S-300s to take down high flying planes and a lot of Stingers for low flying ones.

And what about the weapons that shoot down missiles in flight ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1511 on: April 01, 2022, 04:41:21 PM »
But I thought Ukraine has some S-300s to take down high flying planes and a lot of Stingers for low flying ones.

And what about the weapons that shoot down missiles in flight ?
They don't have Stingers in Mariupol or they already had shot it.
S300 is probably now not covering Mariupol or too risky to approach the SAM systems in a region where the RF is at the offensive.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Boethius

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1512 on: April 01, 2022, 11:49:10 PM »
This is a site of soldiers either killed or captured in Ukraine.

Not for the squeamish or weak of heart.

http://russoldat.info/

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1513 on: April 02, 2022, 02:10:17 AM »
http://www.reuters.com/world/ukraine-strikes-fuel-depot-russias-belgorod-regional-official-says-2022-04-01/

President Zelensky, when asked about the strike last night, said that he doesn't comment on military and strategic matters,and then proceeded to explain why the strike happened,saying that Russia was using the site for missile strikes on Ukraine.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 02:12:43 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1514 on: April 02, 2022, 02:17:13 AM »
This is a site of soldiers either killed or captured in Ukraine.

Not for the squeamish or weak of heart.

http://russoldat.info/

Essential viewing for all the families of the Russian terrorists/scum in Ukraine.

Nice gesture from Ukraine to provide this service for them.

Maybe some of them will reciprocate by getting in touch with the site and giving names for some of the unidentified Russian terrorist/scum bodies.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 03:06:54 AM by Chelseaboy »

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1515 on: April 02, 2022, 02:18:13 AM »
Ukrainian woman whose village was stormed by Russian troops says they wore her clothes, stole money, and drunkenly shot off her husband's leghttp://news.yahoo.com/ukrainian-woman-whose-village-stormed-101536095.html

My concern grows for what may have become of Beefarmer's care packages in all of this.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1516 on: April 02, 2022, 02:59:46 AM »
Good news  ;D

The British Star Streak SAM system claimed it's first victim in Ukraine.

It shot down a Russian Helicopter outside Luhansk.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1517 on: April 02, 2022, 03:09:34 AM »

Essential viewing for all the families of the Russian terrorists/scum in Ukraine.

Looked at some of the passports - just kids, cannon fodder with a gun at their back.  Sad regardless of passport.

Personally, I hold Putin accountable and hope the RU people do the same.

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1518 on: April 02, 2022, 03:17:23 AM »
Don't be too sad...now those "kids" can't commit anymore atrocities.

Reports are starting to come through of Russian/scum "kids" atrocities against civilians in Bucha,including many executions.

Apparently the liberating Ukrainian troops are horrified at what they're discovering.

Bodies lying everywhere on the streets,some with tied arms.

I've seen film of it,but i'm not posting it here..it's appalling in it's sheer horror.

It wasn't Putin who executed these people..it was Russian "kids".

It wasn't Putin who gang-raped a 15 year old girl in Irpin while her mother lay dying in the same room..it was Russian "kids".

It wasn't Putin who shelled Mariupol, Kharkiv and Chernihiv residential areas.killing hundred/thousands of civilians...it was Russian "kids".

Putin is scum yes...but so is his military,and they've always been the same..from Germany to Georgia to Syria and now Ukraine.

They're a cruel and barbaric people and war always brings out their real evil nature.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 03:50:11 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1519 on: April 02, 2022, 10:48:57 AM »
This 4 second clip shows UK Starstreak missile 'shooting down Russian helicopter in its first use in Ukraine'

The Starstreak system is a laser-guided missile that travels at more than three times the speed of sound to take down low-flying enemy jets and attack helicopters.

Starstreak, a high-velocity projectile that destroys targets with three kinetic darts, was filmed cutting the aircraft in two over the Luhansk region in the east of the country.

The clip shows a Russian Mi-28N helicopter being cut in two and shot out of the sky in the Luhansk region as it is struck by the portable missile.

http://videos.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2022/04/01/1900382562027521570/636x382_MP4_1900382562027521570.mp4

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1521 on: April 02, 2022, 02:29:05 PM »
A nice write-up on StarStreak

http://eurasiantimes.com/from-britain-with-love-uks-new-game-changing-missiles-to-ukraine-has-potential-to-turn-tables-on-belligerent-russia/

I've seen the news outlets speaking to some Ukrainian troops about the anti-Tank missiles they're using and they've all said the NLAW the UK gave them are the best, and they've all made a point of thanking Britain for them. :)

Just need something to hit those Russian ships parked in the Black Sea firing Ballistic Missiles,which would also hit the Russian MIG 31's firing missiles into Ukraine from Russia,

Let's see if the USA and France stops making promises and actually delivers on something.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 03:35:43 PM by Chelseaboy »

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1522 on: April 02, 2022, 03:11:51 PM »
Don't be too sad...now those "kids" can't commit anymore atrocities.

Reports are starting to come through of Russian/scum "kids" atrocities against civilians in Bucha,including many executions.

Apparently the liberating Ukrainian troops are horrified at what they're discovering.

Bodies lying everywhere on the streets,some with tied arms.

I've seen film of it,but i'm not posting it here..it's appalling in it's sheer horror.

It wasn't Putin who executed these people..it was Russian "kids".

It wasn't Putin who gang-raped a 15 year old girl in Irpin while her mother lay dying in the same room..it was Russian "kids".

It wasn't Putin who shelled Mariupol, Kharkiv and Chernihiv residential areas.killing hundred/thousands of civilians...it was Russian "kids".

Putin is scum yes...but so is his military,and they've always been the same..from Germany to Georgia to Syria and now Ukraine.

They're a cruel and barbaric people and war always brings out their real evil nature.

I absolutely agree CB, the atrocities we have seen the Russian Army commit from Mariupol to around the surrounding areas around Kyiv and onwards are appauling. I can't imagine the misery these Russian troops inflicted on innocent Ukrainian civilians, many individuals and families in Ukraine will have been wrecked and lead a wretched life because of what Putin and the Russian Army have done. I feel glad at least that the UK among other western nations have helped Ukraine to fend of these brutal bullies by cooking many of them in their Tanks with our NLAWS, for that is just what they deserve.

I can't see how Ukraine could possibly come to a negotiated peace now after seeing what Russian troops have done to unarmed civilians many trying to flee from the fighting. Ukraine is gaining the upper hand in all of this now and must press home until a Russian defeat.

To my mind we should also be supplying Georgia with some of our weaponry to start up an insurgency of Georgians in the occupied territories of Georgia now that Russia is diverting troops there to fight in Ukraine. That and back insurgency operations throughout Russia, in Chechnya, the Stans, the Far East of Russia, every Russian region. Make the whole lot disintegrate into separate countries so Russia can never try and bully anyone again.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1523 on: April 02, 2022, 04:00:41 PM »

I've seen the news outlets speaking to some Ukrainian troops about the anti-Tank missiles they're using and they've all said the NLAW the UK gave them are the best, and they've all made a point of thanking Britain for them. :)
Just need something to hit those Russian ships parked in the Black Sea firing Ballistic Missiles, which would also hit the Russian MIG 31's firing missiles into Ukraine from Russia
Let's see if the USA and France stops making promises and actually delivers on something.

Yes, let's hope.  And many thanks from Ukraine lover to UK folks!!  :-)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:02:57 PM by ML »

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1524 on: April 02, 2022, 04:10:14 PM »
Russia's war effort stalls as the Red Army can't get replacement weapons or spares for their crippled convoys... because they're all made in Ukraine.

Russia's war effort is grinding to a halt because much of the military hardware they need is made in Ukraine, it emerged as defence sources said the Kremlin could not replenish its stocks.

Ukraine had previously supplied Russia with cruise missiles, helicopter engine parts and fighter jet components. It also produced the fire control systems used by Russian tanks.

Now, when these systems fail, they cannot be replaced. Russia is unable to source these items or alternatives from other countries due to international sanctions.

Since the conflict began in late February, Russia has lost an estimated 143 planes, 131 helicopters, 625 tanks and 316 artillery pieces.

Russia has also fired at least 1,100 missiles, raising questions about how long it can maintain such an expenditure rate.

Given Russia's reliance on Ukraine for military components, UK defence sources say Russia's war effort is in serious trouble.

Last night a source said: 'Serious amounts of components for Russian weapons systems were made there [Ukraine]. That won't be happening any more.

'Russia cannot manufacture this equipment itself or import it, so it won't be getting any of these materials any time soon. The hardware expended in Ukraine came from historic stockpiles, developed when there was greater cooperation between Russia and Ukraine.

'The integration of their industrial complexes meant a severing of relations would jeopardise Russia's ability to sustain military operations. Now they're running out.'

In the Soviet Union era, Ukraine produced 30 per cent of the Union's weaponry and military equipment.

Weapons sales continued after the Cold War. In 2012 Ukraine was the world's fourth largest arms exporter and the Commonwealth of Independent States – as the Soviet Union became – was among its biggest customers.

But after Russia invaded Crimea in 2014 and began the conflict in the Donbas region – aided with Ukrainian equipment – Kyiv drastically reduced supplies to its neighbour.

Ukraine's revenues from arms exports plummeted from £1billion in 2012 to £100million in 2020.According to UK sources, Russia faces drastic shortages of 'helicopter, ship, fighter jet and cruise missile parts'.

Its cruise missiles were manufactured in Ukraine's second biggest city Kharkiv, which has been bombarded by Russian artillery and aircraft.

The state-run instrument-making plant at Izyum also made essential components for Russia's T-72 range of tanks.

The war is also expected to curtail Russia's nuclear programme as half of the components for its ground-based intercontinental ballistic missiles were sourced in Ukraine.

UK intelligence reports have also indicated Russia's generals have pushed back against Kremlin attempts to deploy thousands more troops to Ukraine, rejecting them as 'not fit for purpose'.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541423
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 4005
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 2452
Total: 2460

+-Recent Posts

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Today at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Today at 06:45:25 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by krimster2
Today at 06:37:55 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Today at 06:17:39 PM

Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by 2tallbill
Today at 06:09:37 PM