It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Economic Situation Where You Are  (Read 17878 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: The Economic Situation Where You Are
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2021, 07:32:23 AM »
The secrets out of the box... Wall Street bets are onboard and are ready to shoot my triple ended donga shares (thanks Japs for the idea) to the moon!!! 😂

Sorry, all that wild money went into GameStop.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
The Economic Situation Where You Are
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2021, 11:15:40 AM »
Ordinarily I would agree, but there's this girl I know and I think she suffers from Depression.

Bill's advice for everybody
1. You should always avoid women currently experiencing mental problems,
addiction, anyone violent or who self harm. 
2. Avoid desperate women (they tend to act desperately)
3. Avoid broken women.

Nobody at this forum has the medical or psychology training to help people
with a mental problems or illness. EVEN IF THE DID 100% OF THE MEDICAL
FIELD WOULD TELL YOU NOT TO TREAT SOMEBODY THAT YOU ARE
ROMANTICALLY INTERESTED IN.

If you want to help people go find a group that helps people but keep
romance out of it.

"Depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects
how you feel, the way you think and how you act."
Source the American Psychiatric Association

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2021, 01:59:04 PM »

Bill's advice for everybody
1. You should always avoid women currently experiencing mental problems,
addiction, anyone violent or who self harm. 
2. Avoid desperate women (they tend to act desperately)
3. Avoid broken women.

Nobody at this forum has the medical or psychology training to help people
with a mental problems or illness. EVEN IF THE DID 100% OF THE MEDICAL
FIELD WOULD TELL YOU NOT TO TREAT SOMEBODY THAT YOU ARE
ROMANTICALLY INTERESTED IN.

If you want to help people go find a group that helps people but keep
romance out of it.

"Depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects
how you feel, the way you think and how you act."
Source the American Psychiatric Association

Indeed sage advice Bill. I don't think she has serious depression, she's always seemed quite happy while I've been around. So if she has and I don't know for certain if she has it doesn't look real bad, possibly just a post pregnancy slight thing. I know I certainly wouldn't get involved with a girl who had a serious mental health condition as it's real problem and can quickly get out off depth with it all.

So anyway, yeah the girl is real hot :D In all honesty nothing is likely to happen it may be more in my mind than anything. Girls from the FSU tend to be more on hand in usual times that is.

I know of girls with several mental health problems and yeah to be sure they are broken in terms of any relationship capability. For them I wouldn't think it fair for anyone to have children with, I would feel too bad for the child being passed on any long term/permanent mental health conditions.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2021, 03:03:02 PM »
You can't know if a person is depressed, unless they tell you.  Often, the person doesn't know.

Depression is quite common in both Ukraine and Russia, because of the social/economic/political situation.  I think a better way of gauging is how adaptable a person is, because a person has to be fairly adaptable to live in a new country/culture.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2021, 05:09:45 PM »
I think a better way of gauging is how adaptable a person is, because a person has to be fairly adaptable to live in a new country/culture.

Yes, as I have mentioned here before, my wife adapted amazingly quickly to living in USA.

One would think that maybe she moved down to USA from Canada rather than from Ukraine.

Her own mother declared that she was lying when spouse answered her question about being homesick by declaring that she wasn't.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2021, 01:18:09 AM »
UK really starting to make good progress on new trade deals now:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57347874.amp

Trade deal with Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein. All non-EU members like ourselves. If we can band around a club of non-EU members to trade with in Europe then we can stop the EU having a stranglehold on trade in Europe and more members may break away and join us.

The UK is now negotiating joining the Pacific trade group with Australia, New Zealand and Japan and is in very advanced trade talks with Australia and nearing a deal there. So, so far we seem to be making Brexit work for us, as if there were ever any doubters on here ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2021, 02:00:36 AM »
UK really starting to make good progress on new trade deals now:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57347874.amp

Trade deal with Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein. All non-EU members like ourselves. If we can band around a club of non-EU members to trade with in Europe then we can stop the EU having a stranglehold on trade in Europe and more members may break away and join us.

The UK is now negotiating joining the Pacific trade group with Australia, New Zealand and Japan and is in very advanced trade talks with Australia and nearing a deal there. So, so far we seem to be making Brexit work for us, as if there were ever any doubters on here ;)
Does it mean more money in your pocket Trench?
There is some data to suggest hourly wages are rising in certain sectors of the job market due to labour shortages.
Perhaps the minimum wage will go up although Sunak is probably scrambling to finance his budget deficit so it’s unlikely.
Furloughs also coming to an end so no more freebies for you.  :devil:

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2021, 11:31:56 AM »
Does it mean more money in your pocket Trench?
There is some data to suggest hourly wages are rising in certain sectors of the job market due to labour shortages.
Perhaps the minimum wage will go up although Sunak is probably scrambling to finance his budget deficit so it’s unlikely.
Furloughs also coming to an end so no more freebies for you.  :devil:

We haven't lost that many people to the virus JG. Apparently 5 million EU citizens who are living in the UK have been given settled status here, 2 million more than estimated. Then we have tens of thousands of Hong Konger's coming in which are estimated to swell to around 300,000 eventually. So we hardly have labour shortages. The only one that does is the hospitality sector and that's because people are so fed up with the inconsistent stability of their job due to lockdowns that it's not worth their bother as they realise they are better of getting more stable numbers elsewhere.

We've at least shut the door on much further immigration from the EU somewhat but I personally think the invite to the Hong Kongers is something we shouldn't have done given the shortage of housing problem in this country now. Do some progress but still more work to do.

Unfortunately I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get Furlough so couldn't jog around the block all day long getting buff for FSW  >:(

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2021, 11:45:06 AM »
The UK continues to make headway post Brexit. The recent agreements with Norway in particular but also Iceland and Lichtenstein help us to progress further post EU:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/uk-trade-deal-norway-fish-processing-tariffs-eu-b959858.html

Despite a few minor issues our economy is plodding along quite well so far. A few adjustments needed along the way but nothing gets done without any change. Now where's that remoaner Mobers :D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
The Economic Situation Where You Are
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2021, 02:47:10 PM »
Yes, as I have mentioned here before, my wife adapted amazingly quickly to living in USA.

I have the makings of a hypothesis/theory, no testing, experiments or fact finding
has been done.

Fact: Angel Eyes adapted amazingly. Smiley Girl did NOT.
The theory/hypothesis part is: 

Angel Eyes was alone romantically and although she had some friends
she was alone almost all of the time in the evening, Smiley girl took most
of her free time and she was only able to visit with friends occasionally. She
was an avid gardener although her mother questioned/oversaw every particle
of soil and was a micromanager.

Smiley Girl had a thousand friends (very little romance at her age back then)

My hypothesis is that the adaptation was made easier for Angel Eyes because
she was no longer lonely romantically and Smiley girl was with her and she had
her own garden (still her favorite hobby) with no micromanagement from Mommy
Dearest.

Smiley girl missed all her friends and still had very little romance back then. Smiley
girls favorite hobby was to walk around the parks with her friends and talk to whoever
they encountered. Her favorite hobby was gone and nobody walks around outside
together in most of the USA and certainly in Western Norf Dekody, so she struggled
more. 

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 02:54:52 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2021, 03:51:31 AM »
Looks like more trouble brewing in the EU:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10105861/amp/EU-faces-collapse-keeps-blackmailing-Poland-PM-warns-amid-rule-law-row.html

Looks like Poland now have issues with the EU, some of which we had namely the EU wanting to take away sovereignty and take full control over its members in one integrated (whole country) Europe and EU laws taking precedence. There have also been reports that the EU and Poland are at odds with Poland stopping illegal immigrants by putting up a border fence along its border with Belarus to stop illegals as far away as Afghanistan and possibly further getting in.

It's kind of laughable that Poland is now having the same concerns as we did. Probably now we are out of the EU the illegals are pitching up there or in Germany now that we no longer have to take them.

Given that Poland is the biggest net receiver of EU funds it's kind of funny that they are now unhappy. The EU is now blocking funds to Poland in their usual do as we say or else overbearing attitude. Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2021, 04:42:17 AM »

It's kind of laughable that Poland is now having the same concerns as we did. Probably now we are out of the EU the illegals are pitching up there or in Germany now that we no longer have to take them

Not sure where you're getting your  laughter from.

13,500 illegal immigrants have entered the UK this year....already more than last year.

NONE of them have been evicted from the UK..often because of human rights lawyers getting ever more wealthier blocking their eviction from the UK.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 04:47:12 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline BC

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2021, 05:08:19 AM »

I think they call such schadenfreude.  Seem to bolster Trenchie's self-esteem a bit.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2021, 11:16:02 PM »

13,500 illegal immigrants have entered the UK this year....already more than last year.

NONE of them have been evicted from the UK..often because of human rights lawyers getting ever more wealthier blocking their eviction from the UK.

Illegal immigration is indeed still occurring and something the UK needs to grapple with faster and firmer post Brexit I believe. If other EU nations in Eastern Europe and the Balkans put up barriers it may help. If the French are able to restrict the flow of migrants through its borders that may help also. All of that is at odds with EU policy of course which only allows chaos to reign.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2021, 11:17:52 PM »
Another one in the eye for Remoaners post Brexit:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16486963/britain-new-zealand-trade-deal-cheaper-wine/

Trade deal with New Zealand now done with cheaper wine & lamb on the way for us :)

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2021, 05:34:25 AM »
Illegal immigration is indeed still occurring and something the UK needs to grapple with faster and firmer post Brexit I believe. If other EU nations in Eastern Europe and the Balkans put up barriers it may help. If the French are able to restrict the flow of migrants through its borders that may help also. All of that is at odds with EU policy of course which only allows chaos to reign.

Almost 23,000 illegal immigrants have now crossed the channel to enter the UK this year..and they're still coming.

They're now being given council homes to live in.

Meanwhile there are 7,000 military veterans who are now homeless in the UK...no social housing for them.

As many as 57,000 care home staff were laid off today,because they won't have Covid vaccinations..even though having the jab does not prevent passing on the virus.

This Government is proving to be incompetent...only interested in lining their own pockets.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 05:39:04 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2021, 05:53:15 AM »

Almost 23,000 illegal immigrants have now crossed the channel to enter the UK this year..and they're still coming.

Meanwhile there are 7,000 military veterans who are now homeless in the UK...no social housing for them.

As many as 57,000 care home staff were laid off today,because they won't have Covid vaccinations..even though having the jab does not prevent passing on the virus.

This Government is proving to be incompetent...only interested in lining their own pockets.
I agree. No government seems able to grasp the bill by its horns and tackle the problem. Except Poland, it seems. They’ve made a stand and should be applauded for it.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2021, 11:29:16 AM »

Multiply each of those bulleted points by ten-fold in severity, then you just described the US. At least the UK leadership isn't declaring paying your illegal immigrants $450,000.00 each.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 11:38:11 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2021, 08:01:51 PM »
In my line of work ,and business,its busier than ever.
Things could change, but the largest problem is not enough workers or raw materials.Plenty of customers, and  just like last year I've had to turn down a lot of work.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2021, 05:19:40 PM »

The Home office has now admitted more than 25,700 Channel migrants have now entered the UK this year...and MP's are now saying it's becoming a crisis.

We clearly haven't taken back control of our borders post brexit.

Still feeling smug about immigration after Brexit ?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 05:54:18 PM by Chelseaboy »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2021, 08:16:51 AM »

Multiply each of those bulleted points by ten-fold in severity, then you just described the US. At least the UK leadership isn't declaring paying your illegal immigrants $450,000.00 each.

Fifty to a hundred fold. Over 200,000 illegals in one month, more than 1.7
million in one year.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2021, 12:46:33 AM »

The Home office has now admitted more than 25,700 Channel migrants have now entered the UK this year...and MP's are now saying it's becoming a crisis.

We clearly haven't taken back control of our borders post brexit.

Still feeling smug about immigration after Brexit ?

It seems apparent to me that the Home Office has so far failed to sort out the illegal immigration problem. They have till December 2024 to do something about it which is the last date that a General Election can be held. Hopefully they will start to act sooner. I don't think that they will have any excuse why they can't act and sort out the problem in the next year or so. Clearly we are treating these illegal immigrants too generously for them to keep coming here.

In recent days it has been said that Nigel Farage might return with a new political party to sort out the mess. He himself seems reluctant at the moment though he is as keen as many of us to see the illegal migrant problem sorted. My guess is that if it is not he may do another Brexit Party manoeuvre and set up a party not long before the next General Election. I think unless the Tories do something soon voters won't tolerate the situation not being successfully dealt with and will vote elsewhere. UKIP is still around but a new party under Farage aimed at tackling the problem may be more effective in a General Election.

I personally am doubtful if the Tory Party will tackle the illegal migrant problem successfully given their track record to date. Labour would be even worse it seems and would likely fuel the problem even worse but I don't think they have a hope in the next General Election as things currently stand thank goodness. So to my mind at the moment I think many voters would vote for a party that would sort out and stop the illegal migrant crossings, apparently the majority of Tory voters would and I would too. We never used to have this problem back in the 80s & 90s and before so it would be nice to get back to that situation.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2021, 11:16:31 AM »
It seems apparent to me that the Home Office has so far failed to sort out the illegal immigration problem. They have till December 2024 to do something about it which is the last date that a General Election can be held. Hopefully they will start to act sooner. I don't think that they will have any excuse why they can't act and sort out the problem in the next year or so. Clearly we are treating these illegal immigrants too generously for them to keep coming here.

In recent days it has been said that Nigel Farage might return with a new political party to sort out the mess. He himself seems reluctant at the moment though he is as keen as many of us to see the illegal migrant problem sorted. My guess is that if it is not he may do another Brexit Party manoeuvre and set up a party not long before the next General Election. I think unless the Tories do something soon voters won't tolerate the situation not being successfully dealt with and will vote elsewhere. UKIP is still around but a new party under Farage aimed at tackling the problem may be more effective in a General Election.

I personally am doubtful if the Tory Party will tackle the illegal migrant problem successfully given their track record to date. Labour would be even worse it seems and would likely fuel the problem even worse but I don't think they have a hope in the next General Election as things currently stand thank goodness. So to my mind at the moment I think many voters would vote for a party that would sort out and stop the illegal migrant crossings, apparently the majority of Tory voters would and I would too. We never used to have this problem back in the 80s & 90s and before so it would be nice to get back to that situation.

31 potential illegal migrants died in the Channel today after their boat sank in French waters on the way to the UK.

That might wake up our Government and woke/lefty justice system into doing something to stop this.

Stopping giving benefits to illegal migrants,thus reducing their motivation for coming here, would be a good start.

As for Farage,i saw him on GB news last night where he said he's had many requests to return to politics to sort this illegal immigration problem out but he's reluctant because he rather likes his job at GB news.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 01:02:25 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2021, 01:22:18 PM »

33 potential illegal migrants died in the Channel today after their boat sank in French waters on the way to the UK.

That might wake up our Government and woke/lefty justice system into doing something to stop this.

Stopping giving benefits to illegal migrants,thus reducing their motivation for coming here, would be a good start.

As for Farage,i saw him on GB news last night where he said he's had many requests to return to politics to sort this illegal immigration problem out but he's reluctant because he rather likes his job at GB news.

Yep it had a migrant hugger close to tears on learning a few didn't make it on the news earlier.

For some reason the thought of remaining in France prompts the need for them to risk their lives. They don't need to risk their lives since France would take them but they choose to unnecessarily all the same. To my mind that's not the actions of people that need a safe country and are running in fear of their safety since they seem to care little for their own safety in putting their lives on the line.

I saw similar online that Farage wasn't keen on the idea, didn't know it was because he enjoyed his stint on GB News though. My guess is that he knows there's little point at the moment anyway as we're still a bit over two years from the next General Election. That's still quite a run up and as we saw from the Brexit Party he knows that a party can be created just months before and do well. My guess is that if it's still an issue nearer the time he might well come out then to come in the running.

I'm personally not that confident the Tories are willing to bring in measures that would make the UK a turn off to these  illegal immigrants. UKIP could make a comeback but they seem to be lacking a leader like Farage and haven't always been that cohesive. At the moment though it's probably the best bet so will probably go that way though I not so sure they'll make the headway necessary. Ideally we need a well known leader like Farage to come back and spearhead a push to sort out the illegal migrant problem.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2021, 05:51:54 AM »
The French can't count..it's now down to 27 died.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1972
Total: 1982

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM