It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anyone here thinking of becoming a War Tourist in Ukraine?  (Read 6456 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Anyone here thinking of becoming a War Tourist in Ukraine?
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2022, 10:12:16 AM »
I just clicked on the link Steve gave in post 14 and it took me straight to the Ukraine Bank website.
You put down how much you want to donate,put your card details in below and press pay.
My bank put up a verification code to send to my mobile to confirm the Mastercard payment.
I put the code when i received it onto my banks page and done.
You'll get a thank you from the Ukraine bank when it goes through.

That website says:  "Buy with GPay"  so a GPay account is needed.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2022, 10:15:38 AM »
ML, I set up an online payment from my personal account to one if the accounts in the linked. Very straightforward using the IBAN code, once the beneficiary details are set up its a click and the transaction is done.

For many small banks in small communities in USA, it is next to impossible to follow the procedure you said you performed.
It is not straightforward because the banks don't even know what a IBAN code is.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2022, 11:00:58 AM »
For many small banks in small communities in USA, it is next to impossible to follow the procedure you said you performed.
It is not straightforward because the banks don't even know what a IBAN code is.
Don’t you do online banking? Avoids any need to go into a bank.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2022, 11:07:51 AM »

I’ll see if I can find another source you could use.

Offline ML

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2022, 11:17:54 AM »
There's more than one way of stopping the Russian bear.

http://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsionalniy-bank-vidkriv-spetsrahunok-dlya-zboru-koshtiv-na-potrebi-armiyi?fbclid=IwAR0mP6PUkVC5wZLmY0dfrMRZ3-F1BvA7V4JOMG39xlN07zeHU7NcAciaQAc

I tried that website using 2 visa cards and 1 mastercard.
All said 'Payment failed.'

I am wondering if visa and mastercard have now stopped sending to that account if they think Russia has now gained control of that money.

Anyone else successful today ?

Offline Steven1971

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2022, 11:56:16 AM »
I just donated a further €10. Not my national currency. Maybe that is a solution?

Offline Steven1971

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2022, 12:00:30 PM »
I saw today the Bank of Ukraine had raised $350 million in the space of a week for the army.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2022, 04:03:56 PM »
I saw today the Bank of Ukraine had raised $350 million in the space of a week for the army.

That's great, lets hope none of it gets siphoned off in corruption. Some Ukrainian officials are well known to be corrupt. If it all goes pear shaped out there for Ukrainians I would fear in particular that may come into play. It certainly is a huge amount of money and raised just within a week. I hope it gets where it's supposed to and it helps.

Remember with any foreign currency the transaction may levy a charge from the bank, etc. I've got a Halifax clarity credit card to avoid that but worth bringing up I thought in case any aren't aware.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Bee Farmer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2022, 05:27:22 PM »
Meest is also helping people send money to Ukraine.

Offline Intrepid Traveler

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2022, 06:23:58 PM »
Vitaliy Katsenelson, an investment manager, has compiled a list of Ukraine charities on his blog Contrarian Edge. I hope this information is helpful.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2022, 07:44:58 PM »
I would add to that list the Canada Ukraine Foundation.  It has been doing work in Ukraine since 1992, mostly in improving civil society.

http://www.cufoundation.ca/
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Steven1971

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2022, 02:16:40 AM »
That's great, lets hope none of it gets siphoned off in corruption. Some Ukrainian officials are well known to be corrupt. If it all goes pear shaped out there for Ukrainians I would fear in particular that may come into play. It certainly is a huge amount of money and raised just within a week. I hope it gets where it's supposed to and it helps.

Do you ever have moments in your life when you don't think the worst of people?

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2022, 01:04:16 PM »
Do you ever have moments in your life when you don't think the worst of people?
Trench is on target concerning corruption.
We get about 3-4 calls a year from someone who asks for financial donations to the "Texas State Troopers Fund". I usually tell the guy that I will have his number turned in to the Texas Dept of Public Safety....He hangs up.
Here is a list of stew bum charities just in the USA----  http://smartasset.com/mortgage/the-50-worst-charities-in-america-how-to-keep-from-being-scammed
However... I fail to understand what a "War Tourist" really is. This is of course- the topic of the thread.
Do they stay in bombed out hotels?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Noch1

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2022, 03:50:51 PM »
I would add to that list the Canada Ukraine Foundation.  It has been doing work in Ukraine since 1992, mostly in improving civil society.

http://www.cufoundation.ca/
I donated $100 yesterday here, it took minutes and goes to help humanitarian efforts.
2 weeks ago I sent $500 each to 3 different families to help while they could
still get cash out of ATMs,
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2022, 04:58:28 PM »
The Texas Baptist Men have stood forward in disaster relief for years.  They have arrived en force in Poland to receive and assist refugees from Ukraine.  I would love to go with them in the next round but regrettably I am disabled. 

http://www.tbmtx.org/

In Western Ukraine and Poland, TBM ministry partners are meetings needs as women and children seek refuge. With TBM volunteers serving in Poland and more to come, TBM already has committed $300,000 to minister to Ukrainians in these difficult days through church-based shelters and distribution of goods.     You can deliver help, hope and healing in the midst of this crisis. Our trusted ministry partners in Poland and Ukraine are seeking prayer and assistance. Here's how you can make a difference:     Give. By giving financially, you are making it possible for TBM and its in-country partners to provide:    
  • Church-based shelters in more than five locations in Ukraine and Poland. Five of those shelters are in Lviv, Ukraine and Chelm, Warsaw, Zelow, and Bialystok in Poland. For security reasons, TBM is not publishing the locations of the other shelters.
  • Food for families
  • Water for Ukrainians fleeing the conflict
  • Clothing for those who left their homes quickly with little.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2022, 06:07:50 PM »

However... I fail to understand what a "War Tourist" really is. This is of course- the topic of the thread.
Do they stay in bombed out hotels?

No, a war tourist is someone who goes to fight in wars.  Not so much a mercenary for hire, but someone who just goes to fight for the fun of it.  Some people get off on the adrenaline rush of killing someone.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2022, 07:30:12 PM »
No, a war tourist is someone who goes to fight in wars.  Not so much a mercenary for hire, but someone who just goes to fight for the fun of it.  Some people get off on the adrenaline rush of killing someone.

I googled it recently and an article came up. I had thought the same as you that it's basically Rambo types. This article though reckoned a lot broader context as well. They separated it out into 'hot war tourists' who visit a war scene in action and 'cold war tourists' who visit after the war had happened either to view the aftermath or a connection to it such as the concentration camps. Both types apparently go to see the war scene as they get off on it apparently.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline rwd123

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2022, 09:14:24 PM »
Fools. The Ukrainian government has complete disregard for human life (outside of their own).

http://www.bitchute.com/video/2vQuspOFi9EK/

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2022, 01:12:44 AM »
Fools. The Ukrainian government has complete disregard for human life (outside of their own).

http://www.bitchute.com/video/2vQuspOFi9EK/

That would make them the same as the Russian Government then.

You know,the same Russian Government that orders the indiscriminate shelling and bombing of civilians in residential areas.

The scenes from Mariupol and Kharkiv tell there own story and now Mad Vlad the Botox man has turned his attention to bombing and shelling Kiev residential areas..his normal MO.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 01:32:28 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541307
Total Topics: 20860