It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Long time lurker  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Steven1971

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Long time lurker
« on: February 03, 2022, 05:25:57 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been to Ukraine several times since 2014. The last time I went was in September 2018.

I've visited Kyiv, Odesa, Lviv, Kherson, Uman, Vinnytsia and the Carpathian mountains.

Almost married a woman from Odesa, but realised it wouldn't work out the fourth time I spent time with her.

Me a girl in Kherson, but it wasn't that Kherson girl... Didn't work out.

Chatting with Ukrainian women now and then. I would be happy to go to Ukraine again, but would go with the thought it was a holiday and if anything happened that would be a bonus. Expectations have adjusted since turning 50 last September.

I have a son who will be 15 in August. He lives in Paris with his French mum. Before COVID I saw him once a month. The past couple of years we have got used to longer gaps. He is coming here in 2 weeks - the first time I will be with him since I went to Paris last October.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: Long time lurker
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 10:07:14 PM »
I would be happy to go to Ukraine again, but would go with the thought it was a holiday and if anything happened that would be a bonus. Expectations have adjusted since turning 50 last September.

Hi Steven!

Such an approach can work as well, and even better than a more organized effort.

Several members here ended up with FSU partners without explicit intentions.

Enjoy the time together with your son.

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 12:18:04 AM »
Welcome Steven

You seem to be well attuned to this venture. No doubt having being married before and to a woman from a different country has contributed to that.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:28:54 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 04:44:21 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been to Ukraine several times since 2014. The last time I went was in September 2018.

I've visited Kyiv, Odesa, Lviv, Kherson, Uman, Vinnytsia and the Carpathian mountains.

Almost married a woman from Odesa, but realised it wouldn't work out the fourth time I spent time with her.

Me a girl in Kherson, but it wasn't that Kherson girl... Didn't work out.

Chatting with Ukrainian women now and then. I would be happy to go to Ukraine again, but would go with the thought it was a holiday and if anything happened that would be a bonus. Expectations have adjusted since turning 50 last September.

I have a son who will be 15 in August. He lives in Paris with his French mum. Before COVID I saw him once a month. The past couple of years we have got used to longer gaps. He is coming here in 2 weeks - the first time I will be with him since I went to Paris last October.

You seem to have visited Ukraine quite a bit Stephen so you have the experience in there. A few of the places you've been to the same as me and a few of them I've not yet visited. For me it's been Kyiv, Odessa, Nikolaev, Lviv. All interesting and fun places to visit.

I would say the holiday approach depends in what you want our of it. If you're not bothered whether you meet someone or not and just want to enjoy it either way then that's fine. Not everyone is real concerned about finding a LTR as a priority. For me though I've done that and as I want a LTR it's not an approach I favour anymore. Essentially you're stuck with a girl for the week or however long and if no chemistry then it's kind of wasting time that could be spent looking for a girl you you would have chemistry with. Sure you could give the girl a push but if she's not from the city you're visiting it's not a great situation to be in. As the rule goes in herd always visit the girl's city. I made the mistake of not doing so twice and it didn't help me.

Many Ukrainian girls will go with a guy for a holiday, they are that way minded, even for a holiday in their home country. The guy is often expected to pay for her, travel, hotel room, eating out as many don't earn a lot and it's custom out there as you likely know. I'm messaging a girl at the moment from a provincial city in Ukraine, she suggested a meet up in Kyiv when I get around to a visit but I've been down that road before, I told her I will only go and visit her home town. For me it's better to meet girls wherever and whenever and go with the one there is natural chemistry with. Spending time with a girl who is interested in finding a holiday partner rather than a life partner is her interest not mine. Girls out there don't necessarily get a lot of guys visiting so they're happy to spend a whole week with a guy or longer as there not missing out on anything. The local guys presumably are a non-starter for them for whatever reason.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541383
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3165
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3152
Total: 3162

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Today at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill