It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What have you done to help the people of Ukraine? 🇺🇦  (Read 6693 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
What have you done to help the people of Ukraine? 🇺🇦
« on: March 06, 2022, 08:46:24 AM »
Ok, so I thought it would be handy to put up a thread for somewhere we can collate initiatives on what we can do to help the people of Ukraine. I know Dan first raised the idea on this at the beginning of this conflict and I think it's a good idea he brought up to try and help the people of Ukraine out as a more positive and helpful thing to do rather than hacking each other up too much on here about it all. This conflict has certainly so far created a lot of people that are in a desperate situation and indeed I think we can certainly help out in the west.

Now I stumped forward a few days ago with Disasters Emergency Committee - Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal:

http://www.dec.org.uk/home

I know Steven came forth with another option just recently to aid the Ukrainian Military:

http://bank.gov.ua/ua/news/all/natsionalniy-bank-vidkriv-spetsrahunok-dlya-zboru-koshtiv-na-potrebi-armiyi

We've also had some members on here going off to help family or friends of family by bringing them to a place of safety and I think we can agree that those stories are great to hear.

I think even sharing news, knowledge and advice to those in need in Ukraine can be helpful as sometimes we get an outside perspective they may not have.

I think we are all likely helping in some way as odds are we are likely paying a few more pound a week on fuel, food, etc due to sanctions and on that one I'm more than happy to do so to help out.

In any case I think any other ideas on how to help Ukrainians through this period even just ways to show support will be good to hear.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: What have you done to help the people of Ukraine? 🇺🇦
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 09:10:12 AM »
All things you mention are going on in other threads, and now you want to hijack them for your own gratification.

You gave 1 GBP, and willing to accept higher prices filling your car. Wow. There is nothing to accept Trench.  You'll pay more for whatever whether you support it or not. 

You want to hear some stories but instead when someone posts one.

This topic you posted adds the same of your contributions to Ukraine... exactly ZERO. 

I have reported this thread, suggesting it be deleted.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 10:37:50 AM »
All things you mention are going on in other threads, and now you want to hijack them for your own gratification.

You gave 1 GBP, and willing to accept higher prices filling your car. Wow. There is nothing to accept Trench.  You'll pay more for whatever whether you support it or not. 

You want to hear some stories but instead when someone posts one.

This topic you posted adds the same of your contributions to Ukraine... exactly ZERO. 

I have reported this thread, suggesting it be deleted.

It's the thought that counts BC not the size of ones wallet. Sure I don't have any choice in what I pay at the pump but I do have the choice in whether I agree or oppose it and that factors through into support or lack of online, in society in general, in what I vote for at the polls (May Local Elections coming up here in the UK). I kind of think you're response is unjustified I know we haven't often seen eye to eye on many topics but I think you have overreacted on this. I have stated fro the outset that I support Ukraine in this endeavour and have made contributions however small so far.

I just think a thread where we all offer contributions on this front is useful so as to create a cumulative effect from it all.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 12:03:09 PM »
Indeed earlier on I donated £1 to the Disasters Emergency Committee - Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal. In future if ever a Ukrainian girl asks me if I contributed I can honestly say yes I have and not be subject to their bs detector calling me out.

Need I really say more, Trenchie?  Your 'thoughts that count' are worthless.

IIRC, a long while back, Dan suggested "Best to take things at face value, until you can prove otherwise."

With you, no effort is necessary. Your own words out you.

You are a troll seeking perverted gratification, riding the backs of those less fortunate to feed your ego.  Period.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 12:19:13 PM »
Need I really say more, Trenchie?  Your 'thoughts that count' are worthless.

IIRC, a long while back, Dan suggested "Best to take things at face value, until you can prove otherwise."

With you, no effort is necessary. Your own words out you.

You are a troll seeking perverted gratification, riding the backs of those less fortunate to feed your ego.  Period.

BC such hostility I can assure you that is not the case. Perhaps you would like to kick off with what your contribution has been so far?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 01:20:42 PM »
BC such hostility I can assure you that is not the case. Perhaps you would like to kick off with what your contribution has been so far?

Many of our members are making tangible and substantial contributions of all sorts. Many of those have no interest in broadcasting their efforts on the internet, for a variety of reasons. While your question is valid, silence means nothing. I support Ukraine in several ways, but I won't post about it here or anywhere. You will never know of it, by design.

Offline BC

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2022, 03:04:52 PM »

Again, you step right in it. Read your own words below. And you have the audacity to ask others?

I have put up a Ukrainain flag of support on my Facebook & VK pages and signed a petition opposing the war in Ukraine on there too. It should stand me in good stead if I meet another Ukrainian girl that I have shown my support early on in the conflict. Of course if they lose I'm taking it down ;D

This discussion is already a dead end and not worth one minute more of my time.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 03:56:35 PM »
Again, you step right in it. Read your own words below. And you have the audacity to ask others?

This discussion is already a dead end and not worth one minute more of my time.

I think you're taking things a bit too literally BC.

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 05:59:52 PM »
This topic reeks of trying to pound our chests and show what we have given to make ourselves look good.  If this is a competition, then I fold immediately.

According to the Bible, we are supposed to give in secret.  Don't let the right hand know what the left is doing.

There's a girl in Kyiv that I talk to.  When the fighting started, I asked her what I could do to help.  Do you know what she asked me for?  She asked me to protest, and help show the world what was happening in Ukraine.  That's what she asked for. 

I told her that any pics or videos she sends me, I will post to social media.  I still have a vk account. (which is blocked in Ukraine, but Russians still use it)  I'm friends with a few beekeepers on there, and I am in some beekeeping groups.  So I have been posting pics and videos to my Facebook and vk accounts.  I would hope that everyone would do this.

I imagine I am not the only person contacting my government representatives about the Ukraine crisis.  Once again, I hope everyone is doing this too.

I was pretty sure Putin was just posturing, but wasn't completely sure.  The first part of February, I bought a couple handfuls of garden seed.  (I remembered that Boethius once said they send hybrid tomato seeds to family in Western Ukraine, who grow them and sell them to restaurants for a bit of extra money.)  I bought some seeds for tomatoes, peppers, beans, sweet corn, beets, carrots, peas, zucchini, etc. and sent it.  Meest's tracking info said it was scheduled to be delivered on Feb 23, but they didn't get it delivered.  It is still sitting in the distribution center at Sofiivka Borshchagivka.  My idea was that the girl could give the seeds to her parents in their village.  If things went to Hell over there, they could at least grow a big garden and have something to eat.  As soon as things settle down over there, the girl can get the seeds.  Now is the time to start peppers and tomato seeds so they can be transplanted into the garden after the last frost.  I suspect some vegetables will be in short supply this year, because nobody is in greenhouses starting plants and keeping them watered.

I would encourage everyone to buy some garden seeds and send them to folks in Ukraine.  Now is the time to be getting ready for planting season, and I don't know how many people in Ukraine are even thinking about it.  They are focusing on what they need in the immediate future.

Last week, I bought some dried foods.  Pasta, Ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese, instant mashed potatoes, instant oatmeal, tea, flour, sugar, salt, etc.  I tried to pick stuff that is simple to prepare.  Just add water.  (I know, you need a little milk and butter for mac and cheese.)

I sent the box to the Meest shipping center.  Even though nothing is moving to Ukraine right now, the moment things clear up, they will get stuff moving.  regardless of who wins, the infrastructure in Ukraine has been hammered.  Supply and distribution chains are going to have problems.  And people will have to eat.  Ramen noodles may not be a healthy diet, but it will keep people alive until supply and distribution chains can get flowing again.

I would hope that other people would send care packages to folks in Ukraine.  It's going to be rough after this is over, and there are going to be shortages. Dried/dehydrated foods are usually pretty energy/nutrition dense.  This is stuff that stores for a long time, and can be cooked with water over a fire if necessary.

I think most folks have sent money.  But these are things that everyone can do that will have a meaningful impact.  Try to think about practical things people will need immediately after this is over.  Soap, shampoo, food, etc.

Trench, think of all the brownie points you could be earning if you did these things for girls in Ukraine.  Take the money you would have spent on plane tickets to visit them, and buy garden seeds and dried foods for them to eat.  They will be lining up to throw themselves at your feet when you finally do visit them again.  (And if they don't, you haven't really lost any money because it is money you would have blown on a visit that you never took.)

Offline ML

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 07:14:27 PM »
it is money you would have blown on a visit that you never took.)

You better do some rewording here.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 07:25:34 PM »
You better do some rewording here.

Or try rereading.

I told Trench to use the money he would have spent on his next [worthless waste of money] trip (a trip he would have taken, but can't take because of the war) and use that money to buy seeds or other humanitarian goods.

For him, a trip is just a waste of money.  He's not having success.  But when he spends money on a trip, that money is gone.  He wasted/blew that money.

Instead of taking a trip, just use the money he would have spent on a trip, and buy garden seeds and send to girls.  For $20 or $30, he might feed their families for much of the summer.

(I'm assuming that Trench budgets his money for taking trips and other expenses.)

Then when he finally does take another trip, those girls might show him some appreciation, and think he is such a great guy for helping them in their time of need.  It's more bang for his buck than taking girls on a shopping spree.  If he can't wow them with his wallet, maybe he can wow them with his character.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 03:20:27 AM »
This topic reeks of trying to pound our chests and show what we have given to make ourselves look good.  If this is a competition, then I fold immediately.

According to the Bible, we are supposed to give in secret.  Don't let the right hand know what the left is doing.

There's a girl in Kyiv that I talk to.  When the fighting started, I asked her what I could do to help.  Do you know what she asked me for?  She asked me to protest, and help show the world what was happening in Ukraine.  That's what she asked for. 

I told her that any pics or videos she sends me, I will post to social media.  I still have a vk account. (which is blocked in Ukraine, but Russians still use it)  I'm friends with a few beekeepers on there, and I am in some beekeeping groups.  So I have been posting pics and videos to my Facebook and vk accounts.  I would hope that everyone would do this.

I imagine I am not the only person contacting my government representatives about the Ukraine crisis.  Once again, I hope everyone is doing this too.

I was pretty sure Putin was just posturing, but wasn't completely sure.  The first part of February, I bought a couple handfuls of garden seed.  (I remembered that Boethius once said they send hybrid tomato seeds to family in Western Ukraine, who grow them and sell them to restaurants for a bit of extra money.)  I bought some seeds for tomatoes, peppers, beans, sweet corn, beets, carrots, peas, zucchini, etc. and sent it.  Meest's tracking info said it was scheduled to be delivered on Feb 23, but they didn't get it delivered.  It is still sitting in the distribution center at Sofiivka Borshchagivka.  My idea was that the girl could give the seeds to her parents in their village.  If things went to Hell over there, they could at least grow a big garden and have something to eat.  As soon as things settle down over there, the girl can get the seeds.  Now is the time to start peppers and tomato seeds so they can be transplanted into the garden after the last frost.  I suspect some vegetables will be in short supply this year, because nobody is in greenhouses starting plants and keeping them watered.

I would encourage everyone to buy some garden seeds and send them to folks in Ukraine.  Now is the time to be getting ready for planting season, and I don't know how many people in Ukraine are even thinking about it.  They are focusing on what they need in the immediate future.

Last week, I bought some dried foods.  Pasta, Ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese, instant mashed potatoes, instant oatmeal, tea, flour, sugar, salt, etc.  I tried to pick stuff that is simple to prepare.  Just add water.  (I know, you need a little milk and butter for mac and cheese.)

I sent the box to the Meest shipping center.  Even though nothing is moving to Ukraine right now, the moment things clear up, they will get stuff moving.  regardless of who wins, the infrastructure in Ukraine has been hammered.  Supply and distribution chains are going to have problems.  And people will have to eat.  Ramen noodles may not be a healthy diet, but it will keep people alive until supply and distribution chains can get flowing again.

I would hope that other people would send care packages to folks in Ukraine.  It's going to be rough after this is over, and there are going to be shortages. Dried/dehydrated foods are usually pretty energy/nutrition dense.  This is stuff that stores for a long time, and can be cooked with water over a fire if necessary.

I think most folks have sent money.  But these are things that everyone can do that will have a meaningful impact.  Try to think about practical things people will need immediately after this is over.  Soap, shampoo, food, etc.

Trench, think of all the brownie points you could be earning if you did these things for girls in Ukraine.  Take the money you would have spent on plane tickets to visit them, and buy garden seeds and dried foods for them to eat.  They will be lining up to throw themselves at your feet when you finally do visit them again.  (And if they don't, you haven't really lost any money because it is money you would have blown on a visit that you never took.)

That's a good contribution Bee Farmer, it's the kind of stuff I mean. Good to have some info about the supply chain issues out there that it's all bunged up. That will be useful to readers to know not to expect anything going or coming in or out of Ukraine. I think for sure that showing a girl you care in the way you have is a good idea. Not sure if it will be that effective if it turns out that it can't get through to her in time but as I said it's the thought that counts. Even if she gets it afterwards she will at least know that you tried.assuming all is well enough of course.

For me at the moment I'm not communicating with any girl. I could do in a flash but I don't think it's a good time to get involved at the moment. Odds are I would end up communicating with a girl who wants this or that, a girl I haven't met or hardly know and I don't wish to have any confusion between a scammer girl trying it on and a girl who really is in need. I would prefer to give it a few weeks to see how things settle and then move forward. A good thought anyway Bee Farmer even if sending stuff (other than money which of course may be a bit iffy) may just get bunged up in the system.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2022, 03:39:33 AM »
Or try rereading.

I told Trench to use the money he would have spent on his next [worthless waste of money] trip (a trip he would have taken, but can't take because of the war) and use that money to buy seeds or other humanitarian goods.

For him, a trip is just a waste of money.  He's not having success.  But when he spends money on a trip, that money is gone.  He wasted/blew that money.

Instead of taking a trip, just use the money he would have spent on a trip, and buy garden seeds and send to girls.  For $20 or $30, he might feed their families for much of the summer.

(I'm assuming that Trench budgets his money for taking trips and other expenses.)

Then when he finally does take another trip, those girls might show him some appreciation, and think he is such a great guy for helping them in their time of need.  It's more bang for his buck than taking girls on a shopping spree.  If he can't wow them with his wallet, maybe he can wow them with his character.

I get the idea and it's not a bad one Bee Farmer, to date I've not had success but I think in part it's a numbers game and I've not had the right number come up for me yet. I get what you're saying with the good gestures thing though, of course sometimes it may help but other times the girl just isn't into you I think. Possibly having a girl feeling like she should be into you but isn't is a possible downside I would say as over time that is probably like to come out. Still not a bad idea all the same I think.

Funnily enough there are still girls in Ukraine doing dating at this time. I checked on Fdate the other night and still a fair few girls come up as either logged in or logged in within the past few minutes, hours & days. Not all look the scammer type either but many everyday looking girls logging in. Strange when you think things are the way they are, guess it gives some something to do and take their mind of the situation.

Anyhow myself I have been buying a small bit of Pro-Ukraine merchandise online. Nothing expensive nor tacky, refined, elegant where possible just to show my commitment to the cause. It may not be money that goes towards the cause but it all helps the more people that show their support I think so the Ukrainians know that many people are on their side.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2022, 07:06:53 AM »
I get the idea.....
Let's start 15 more threads on Ukraine.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2022, 07:25:49 AM »
Good to have some info about the supply chain issues out there that it's all bunged up. That will be useful to readers to know not to expect anything going or coming in or out of Ukraine.

WTF? How can you say something like this?  How can anyone be so F'ing stupid and clueless to think anything else? They are having the living daylights bombed out of cities.  They are blowing up bridges.  Some cities have no electric.  How long do you think it will take before power is restored?  Weeks? Months?  This is a WAR.  Actions you take can mean the difference between life or death for someone there.

Anyone with half a brain knows that supply and distribution chains have been bombed to pieces.  Things will still move in and out of Ukraine once the fighting stops, but it will happen much slower.

Not sure if it will be that effective if it turns out that it can't get through to her in time but as I said it's the thought that counts. Even if she gets it afterwards she will at least know that you tried.

No, it's not the thought that counts.  It's a war.  Real action is what counts.
If she doesn't get stuff in time, it means she starved to death.

I could do in a flash but I don't think it's a good time to get involved at the moment. Odds are I would end up communicating with a girl who wants this or that, a girl I haven't met or hardly know and I don't wish to have any confusion between a scammer girl trying it on and a girl who really is in need.

I just told you how to make a huge impact on a girl at very low financial cost to you, and you are too chickensh!t.  Scammers don't exist in Ukraine right now.  Jewelry and furs don't stop bombs or bullets, and they can't eat them.  Their priority is survival, not materialistic baubles.

A good thought anyway Bee Farmer even if sending stuff (other than money which of course may be a bit iffy) may just get bunged up in the system.

So what if the supply and distribution chains are bunged up?  Send stuff anyway.  The supply chain in your country still works, so you become the supply chain.  You source needed goods.  Yes, the distribution chain may still be bunged up, but they will work through those problems.  The sooner you get goods over there, the sooner they can figure out how to get stuff distributed.

Who TF care about money at a time like this?  Seriously. (I just sent a 45 pound package to Meest.  The post office charged me $60.  Meest is going to charge me $3 a pound for Airmail. That's not even counting the cost of the stuff in the box.  Getting stuff over there as fast as possible means more to me than the money I spent.)  Every package I send has a $100 bill hidden in it.  Even though I am sending care packages, I know that I won't think of every little item they need.  $100 doesn't mean much to me, but it may mean the world to them.  It's not enough to attract a scammer, but I know there will be other sources of goods there too, and this gives them the opportunity to buy what is needed.

This is what a man of action does Trench.  If you can't catch on to this, you're going to be left behind.  It's not that girls choose guys with more money than you.  They choose guys who have more balls than you, because there will be other poor guys who land a girl.  Those guys just took action and did what they could when the need arose.  And right now and in the coming future, there is a tremendous need in Ukraine.

to date I've not had success but I think in part it's a numbers game and I've not had the right number come up for me yet.

Because when there's a time for action, you are busy beating your meat instead of stepping up.

Funnily enough there are still girls in Ukraine doing dating at this time. I checked on Fdate the other night and still a fair few girls come up as either logged in or logged in within the past few minutes, hours & days. Not all look the scammer type either but many everyday looking girls logging in. Strange when you think things are the way they are, guess it gives some something to do and take their mind of the situation.

Any girl on dating website looking for a relationship with a foreign guy right now is not a girl you want anything to do with.  Building a relationship is the LAST thing on their mind right now.  They are trying to stay alive.  Cross every one of those girls off your list of possibles.

Anyhow myself I have been buying a small bit of Pro-Ukraine merchandise online. Nothing expensive nor tacky, refined, elegant where possible just to show my commitment to the cause. It may not be money that goes towards the cause but it all helps the more people that show their support I think so the Ukrainians know that many people are on their side.

What a F'ing idiot.  Do you think any Ukrainians give a sh!t that you are wearing a Ukraine ribbon or something?  Seriously. that's F'ed up that you would even think that.  Bombs and bullets are flying at them, and you want to be a cheerleader?  What good is that going to do?

They want a man of action, not a man of words.  A guy who buys Pro-Ukraine baubles, but doesn't do anything practical to help keep them alive is not a guy that any decent Ukrainian girl would want anything to do with.

Trench, you need to grow a pair.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2022, 07:54:45 AM »
WTF? How can you say something like this?  How can anyone be so F'ing stupid and clueless to think anything else? They are having the living daylights bombed out of cities.  They are blowing up bridges.  Some cities have no electric.  How long do you think it will take before power is restored?  Weeks? Months?  This is a WAR.  Actions you take can mean the difference between life or death for someone there.

Anyone with half a brain knows that supply and distribution chains have been bombed to pieces.  Things will still move in and out of Ukraine once the fighting stops, but it will happen much slower.

No, it's not the thought that counts.  It's a war.  Real action is what counts.
If she doesn't get stuff in time, it means she starved to death.

I just told you how to make a huge impact on a girl at very low financial cost to you, and you are too chickensh!t.  Scammers don't exist in Ukraine right now.  Jewelry and furs don't stop bombs or bullets, and they can't eat them.  Their priority is survival, not materialistic baubles.

So what if the supply and distribution chains are bunged up?  Send stuff anyway.  The supply chain in your country still works, so you become the supply chain.  You source needed goods.  Yes, the distribution chain may still be bunged up, but they will work through those problems.  The sooner you get goods over there, the sooner they can figure out how to get stuff distributed.

Who TF care about money at a time like this?  Seriously. (I just sent a 45 pound package to Meest.  The post office charged me $60.  Meest is going to charge me $3 a pound for Airmail. That's not even counting the cost of the stuff in the box.  Getting stuff over there as fast as possible means more to me than the money I spent.)  Every package I send has a $100 bill hidden in it.  Even though I am sending care packages, I know that I won't think of every little item they need.  $100 doesn't mean much to me, but it may mean the world to them.  It's not enough to attract a scammer, but I know there will be other sources of goods there too, and this gives them the opportunity to buy what is needed.

This is what a man of action does Trench.  If you can't catch on to this, you're going to be left behind.  It's not that girls choose guys with more money than you.  They choose guys who have more balls than you, because there will be other poor guys who land a girl.  Those guys just took action and did what they could when the need arose.  And right now and in the coming future, there is a tremendous need in Ukraine.

Because when there's a time for action, you are busy beating your meat instead of stepping up.

Any girl on dating website looking for a relationship with a foreign guy right now is not a girl you want anything to do with.  Building a relationship is the LAST thing on their mind right now.  They are trying to stay alive.  Cross every one of those girls off your list of possibles.

What a F'ing idiot.  Do you think any Ukrainians give a sh!t that you are wearing a Ukraine ribbon or something?  Seriously. that's F'ed up that you would even think that.  Bombs and bullets are flying at them, and you want to be a cheerleader?  What good is that going to do?

They want a man of action, not a man of words.  A guy who buys Pro-Ukraine baubles, but doesn't do anything practical to help keep them alive is not a guy that any decent Ukrainian girl would want anything to do with.

Trench, you need to grow a pair.

I don't really get how you say one minute that the whole supply and distribution chain is messed up bombed the hell out of and beyond hope which I'm sure it is then go of sending stuff out there which will have no chance of getting there, certainly not by when it is needed if ever at all. All kind of seems rather pointless to me. I mean what are you supposed to tell the girl, 'hey I sent you a care package as a goodwill gesture but it's so hopelessly bunged up you'll never see it' I mean that doesn't really do anything for her other than her wonder why on earth you went on such a pointless expedition in the first place.

At best the most we can probably do for women stuck in Ukraine is show our support I think. I think if they are unfortunate enough to get stuck in there then there's not anything much we can do about it. Nothing is really coming in or out by the looks of it.

Last time I met a girl in Ukraine she was very much into materialist things so I'm sure my efforts are much appreciated.

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2022, 08:57:40 AM »
I don't really get how you say one minute that the whole supply and distribution chain is messed up bombed the hell out of and beyond hope which I'm sure it is then go of sending stuff out there which will have no chance of getting there, certainly not by when it is needed if ever at all.

I didn't say the whole supply and distribution chain is messed up, bombed out, and beyond hope.  If you're sure that it is beyond hope, then you are a complete moron and clueless about how economies function.

Yes, the supply and distribution chain has been bombed, beaten up. and has breakdowns and holes in it.  But people are going to do everything they can to get it functioning again as soon as possible. 

Now is your chance to shine and make a good impression on girls there.  Their supply chain has problems, but the supply chain in your country still works.  You can source needed goods easily.  This allows you to fill in the gaps in their supply chain.

There is still the problem of distribution, but you just eliminated the problems on the supply side.  That means people can focus on fixing the distribution side, and get it back functioning faster.

I mean what are you supposed to tell the girl, 'hey I sent you a care package as a goodwill gesture but it's so hopelessly bunged up you'll never see it' I mean that doesn't really do anything for her other than her wonder why on earth you went on such a pointless expedition in the first place.

Once again, you are thinking like a complete idiot.  Nobody thinks like that.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

How could anyone even think that things are so bunged up that she would never see the package?  That is just pure imbecile nonsense.

You tell the girl.  I sent a package.  I just solved all the supply chain problems and sourced things you need.  As soon as the distribution chain starts flowing again, you will get it.  I sent it now, so that when the distribution chain starts running, this package will be one of the first to arrive.

At best the most we can probably do for women stuck in Ukraine is show our support I think.

Define support.  Emotional support?  Virtue signaling?  I guarantee you that no woman in Ukraine being shot at and having bombs falling on them give a rats @ss about you virtue signaling.  You will make a good impression on them if you can do tangible, practical actions that increase their chance of survival.

I think if they are unfortunate enough to get stuck in there then there's not anything much we can do about it.

Defeatist attitude.  You will never get a girl with that attitude.  That's why you live on poverty wages.  You refuse to accept personal responsibility and an unwillingness to pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

Fate does not determine our life.  We have the ability to determine our future.

After this is over, ask Ukrainian girls what citizens in other countries were able to do to help them.  You might be amazed at what people did about things there.

You do realize that about 1.5 million Ukrainians have been able to leave the country, right?  But yet you seem to think that nobody can do anything about their unfortunate situation...

Nothing is really coming in or out by the looks of it.

1.5 million people have came out.  Several hundred million dollars worth of military equipment have went in.  Humanitarian goods are flowing in.

The civilian infrastructure in the western part of Ukraine is still fairly intact.  As soon as it is safer, I expect that Lviv will become the center of supply and distribution.

When I send packages with Meest either by air or ship, they arrive in Lviv for processing, and then go to Kyiv for delivery.  That processing center is likely still functional.

After this is over, I expect the government will try to get the bus system back running quickly.  I know one of the ways people send packages in Ukraine is to give a box of stuff to a bus driver.  They pay him a couple dollars.  They have someone meet the bus driver in another city, and he gives the recipient the box of stuff.
This distribution system will be back in place quickly.  The biggest issues it will face are a lack of available goods, and a lack of money to pay the driver.  But foreigners can fix this supply side and money problem.  Now is your time to step up and shine.  Now is your opportunity to make a good impression on girls.

Last time I met a girl in Ukraine she was very much into materialist things so I'm sure my efforts are much appreciated.

Anyone with half a brain knows that war makes people re-evaluate their priorities.  Food and water are more important than jewelry and furs and the latest designer clothes.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2022, 09:01:04 AM »
I don't really get how you say one minute that the whole supply and distribution chain is messed up bombed the hell out of and beyond hope which I'm sure it is then go of sending stuff out there which will have no chance of getting there, certainly not by when it is needed if ever at all. All kind of seems rather pointless to me. I mean what are you supposed to tell the girl, 'hey I sent you a care package as a goodwill gesture but it's so hopelessly bunged up you'll never see it' I mean that doesn't really do anything for her other than her wonder why on earth you went on such a pointless expedition in the first place.

At best the most we can probably do for women stuck in Ukraine is show our support I think. I think if they are unfortunate enough to get stuck in there then there's not anything much we can do about it. Nothing is really coming in or out by the looks of it.

I fed some Ukrainian children last night, who crossed the border earlier. A tiny gesture but they didn’t go to bed hungry.
What have you done so far TC, apart from dry humping your PC?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2022, 09:03:50 AM »

Here in the UK there is a real frenzy for buying Pro-Ukraine baubles. Sales of Ukrainian flags have been flying off the shelves and selling out. Here's a nice table top UK/Ukraine flag set, nice and cheap but sold out of all Ukrainian flag versions of it on their home page and on eBay and Amazon too, go figure!

http://www.nwflags.co.uk/ukraine-with-uk-friendship-table-flag-4929-p.asp

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2022, 09:06:27 AM »
I fed some Ukrainian children last night, who crossed the border earlier. A tiny gesture but they didn’t go to bed hungry.

That's jolly decent of you Gaunty. I'm tied down with the realities of work at the moment so can't do likewise. As you can see from my posts here I'm trying to do the best I can with what resources I can bring to bear.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2022, 10:15:55 AM »
That's jolly decent of you Gaunty. I'm tied down with the realities of work at the moment so can't do likewise. As you can see from my posts here I'm trying to do the best I can with what resources I can bring to bear.
If this is your best, I’d hate to see you at your worst......
 :wallbash:

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2022, 10:51:59 AM »

He says he donated 1 pound, just so that he can say he donated something. (probably the absolute minimum donation that he could send.)

Trench has been fixing up his house to get boarders.  I wonder if he will open up his home to any Ukrainian refugees.  I doubt they will mind if it's not finished yet.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2022, 10:58:02 AM »
why is this thread still here?

do we really need a new thread for every subject Ukraine just to feed Trench fetishes?
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2022, 11:05:45 AM »
why is this thread still here?

do we really need a new thread for every subject Ukraine just to feed Trench fetishes?

I get it. If there had been nothing of value posted here, it would be gone. For my part, as difficult as it is at times, I am looking past the poster and looking only at whether there is something of value - either in the post or in the responses.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Re: What have you done to help the people of Ukraine?
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2022, 11:13:57 AM »

Trench, you may (emphasis on MAY) have good intentions, but your past posts have caught up. Now is NOT the time to test things. There is a full-blown genuine life-or-death crisis going on and many long-term members are directly affected and involved. Now is the time for you to STFU. 

« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 11:27:56 AM by Admin »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2022, 11:46:27 AM »
Question for those with some knowledge.

I have other family members stuck in their Dacha just outside Kyiv.
Intermittent contact as no electricity. Gas supplies still available. There was fighting  in the area very recently. Today’s been quiet.

I need to get them to the western border. Can’t get back into Kyiv to catch a train( even if they could no guarantee of getting on one) there’s no transport and it’s a good 30km away at least.

So how to head west?
Does anyone know of road evacs happening. I am uncertain if any intercity buses are available.

It’s a tough one. I could probably get to Lviv but heading to Kyiv is probably not an option.

Offline BC

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2022, 12:54:38 PM »
If train Kyiv to Lviv is not possible the only other alternative would be by road.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2022, 01:32:19 PM »
I would say they need to get the hell out of there tight away JG, on foot if needs be walking very fast away from Kyiv. The Russians are killing people indiscriminately and remorselessly. Getting supplies (drink, food, blankets, money) and heading out on foot away from Kyiv is likely best option I would have thought. Kyiv looks like it will be surrounded in a matter of hours most likely so going into Kyiv and potentially getting stuck in their is likely to be a bad option.

Many journalists have said they have hitched a ride by flagging down or asking passing cars, vans, etc. So could try that. I would basically do whatever it takes to get away from Kyiv if I were them. The Russians are going to be concentrating very heavily on Kyiv so they won't be bothered about going any further into central Ukraine for a while. That gives them the opportunity to get away from it all without going very far. After they have made their way far enough away from Russian forces you could go and pick them up. From the map most of central and western Ukraine are free from Russian forces, not a lot is there for them to be concerned about so they'll likely leave it to last if they find they need to do that at all. That's my advice anyway.

Map below, roughly the current state of affairs.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2022, 01:36:55 PM »
Trench has been fixing up his house to get boarders.  I wonder if he will open up his home to any Ukrainian refugees.  I doubt they will mind if it's not finished yet.

I would love to but health and safety laws pretty much prohibit it. There's a fair amount of mess around and work still needs doing. While it's not far away from being finished in theory as it is its still not near enough in terms of functionality for family living/multiple persons. It would be like asking someone to live on a building site while work goes on around them and people awkwardly stumble over stuff.

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2022, 02:23:05 PM »
I would love to but health and safety laws pretty much prohibit it. There's a fair amount of mess around and work still needs doing. While it's not far away from being finished in theory as it is its still not near enough in terms of functionality for family living/multiple persons. It would be like asking someone to live on a building site while work goes on around them and people awkwardly stumble over stuff.

I assume you have running water and indoor bathroom.

So let me see if I can get this straight...

Option 1
Stay in an apartment building that Russians keep shooting missiles and bombs at.
If they go outside, the Russians shoot them.
Heat/water/electric may not work.

Option 2
Stay in an overcrowded metro tunnel.  Showers are probably non-existent.  No place to cook food.  Who knows how far away bathrooms are.

Option 3
Stay in a house that is being remodeled.  You have running water, a toilet, and you can take a shower.  You don't have to worry about bombs or being shot if you go outside.  You can cook and eat a hot meal.

I don't know about anyone else, but Option 3 sounds a lot better than Option 1 or Option 2.  And if the Grandpa staying with you is a handyman, he might even pitch in and help with the remodel job.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2022, 02:48:55 PM »
I assume you have running water and indoor bathroom.

So let me see if I can get this straight...

Option 1
Stay in an apartment building that Russians keep shooting missiles and bombs at.
If they go outside, the Russians shoot them.
Heat/water/electric may not work.

Option 2
Stay in an overcrowded metro tunnel.  Showers are probably non-existent.  No place to cook food.  Who knows how far away bathrooms are.

Option 3
Stay in a house that is being remodeled.  You have running water, a toilet, and you can take a shower.  You don't have to worry about bombs or being shot if you go outside.  You can cook and eat a hot meal.

I don't know about anyone else, but Option 3 sounds a lot better than Option 1 or Option 2.  And if the Grandpa staying with you is a handyman, he might even pitch in and help with the remodel job.

I have no bathroom, I'm relocating that downstairs in the small single storey extension I built. I have a bath but it is not fitted in place, plumbed in, etc. I have an en-suite toilet and a small cabinet fridge with a microwave stuck on top that is with me in a bedroom. The other bedrooms are done but no beds just full of building materials and a bit of junk. Hence it's habitable for short stays while I do the work but not longer. So it's both unsuitable for long term stayers at the moment and more than one person. I could in theory of course be personally liable if anything happened to someone.

Think also there is something about them having to have family in the country to be allowed in, something like that.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 03:07:50 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2022, 04:35:39 PM »
Question for those with some knowledge.

I have other family members stuck in their Dacha just outside Kyiv.
Intermittent contact as no electricity. Gas supplies still available. There was fighting  in the area very recently. Today’s been quiet.

I need to get them to the western border. Can’t get back into Kyiv to catch a train( even if they could no guarantee of getting on one) there’s no transport and it’s a good 30km away at least.

So how to head west?
Does anyone know of road evacs happening. I am uncertain if any intercity buses are available.

It’s a tough one. I could probably get to Lviv but heading to Kyiv is probably not an option.

So yeah just to paraphrase what I said above I reckon they would be better off making their way away from Kiev on foot, or cycles if they have them going southwards from Kyiv while there is still time. Now there is a town called 'Fastiv' just a fair bit south, southwest they could try to get to. Odds are that would be fine for you to meet up with them there as likely far enough away from Kyiv and small enough for the Russians not to care to venture there. Agree to show up outside the church/cathedral there at noon say from Wednesday onwards to say Saturday. That should give them plenty of time to get there and a meeting place if they aren't able to contact you, go with that I would.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 04:45:48 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2022, 05:37:47 AM »
Ok guys here's another charity to consider donating to, the Daily Mail have launched their Mail Force - Ukraine Appeal, to help those affected by the war. The Daily Mail is a big British Newspaper that has a lot of clout in spearheading successful charity campaigns:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10580683/Heres-help-Donate-Mail-Force-Ukraine-Appeal.html

Now I've chipped in a couple of quid already today. My £1 donation to DEC actually doubled to £2 as the government match your donation there. So that brings me to a grand total of £4 donated so far, small I know but if everyone chips in a bit it all helps and adds up. Hopefully not much of that money will be siphoned off in charity directors pay and all of that. I can only hope it gets to where it is needed and but a few bottles of mineral water or whatever.

Things are a bit tight at the moment as costs of finishing of house but that's the realities of life I guess. With a bit of luck I'll be able to stump forward some more donations when money is a bit freer.

The UK has taken in 300 Ukrainian refugee families so far that may not sound to be a lot but we've taken in a lot of people from Hong Kong, illegals from Syria direction and a lot of Polish, etc have come here over the years so if it weren't for all of that I reckon we would be able to open our doors to all Ukrainians I would wager. As it is we're really tight on space here in the UK so we're really restricted by it I think.

Anyway guys, hope the extra info helps, keep coming forward with stuff on this topic, it all helps I'm sure.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2022, 05:22:52 AM »
Of course it's not all unpaid volunteer work needed to help Ukrainians out, there are also paid ways of helping Ukrainians to. Here is a job advert to help Ukrainians flee the country:

http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2022/03/09/sa-man-making-big-cash-evacuating-families-out-of-ukraine/

They're paying handsomely for it, £30k for someone with the right experience and who is willing. A risky venture but chances of earning good money quicky!

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2022, 09:54:29 AM »
Morrisons Supermarkets have tied up with the British Red Cross,where you can round up your shooping bill with the extra going to the Ukraine fund.

You will have noticed it's the Red Cross who are busing people out from their shattered cities.
Just saying it like it is.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2022, 12:29:57 PM »

Now I've chipped in a couple of quid already today. My £1 donation to DEC actually doubled to £2 as the government match your donation there. So that brings me to a grand total of £4 donated so far, small I know but if everyone chips in a bit it all helps and adds up. Hopefully not much of that money will be siphoned off in charity directors pay and all of that. I can only hope it gets to where it is needed and but a few bottles of mineral water or whatever.

" US Congressional leaders reached a bipartisan deal early Wednesday
providing $13.6 billion to help Ukraine and European allies."

http://www.newsmax.com/politics/russia-ukraine-war-spending/2022/03/09/id/1060331/

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2022, 12:57:40 PM »
Morrisons Supermarkets have tied up with the British Red Cross,where you can round up your shooping bill with the extra going to the Ukraine fund.

You will have noticed it's the Red Cross who are busing people out from their shattered cities.

That sounds like a good one CB, means many people can donate a few coppers to help out the cause :)

Not a Morrisons near me but one on the way to Wales so might well pop in there and buy a drink or something and let them round it off.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2022, 10:02:37 AM »
That sounds like a good one CB, means many people can donate a few coppers to help out the cause :)

Not a Morrisons near me but one on the way to Wales so might well pop in there and buy a drink or something and let them round it off.

My mistake,i shop at both Supermarkets,it's actually Tesco's that are supporting the Red Cross in Ukraine.

My shopping bill with Tesco's today was £6-46 and i was given the option to round it up to £7 to support the Ukraine Red Cross fund,so i clicked yes.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2022, 01:10:51 PM »

My mistake,i shop at both Supermarkets,it's actually Tesco's that are supporting the Red Cross in Ukraine.

My shopping bill with Tesco's today was £6-46 and i was given the option to round it up to £7 to support the Ukraine Red Cross fund,so i clicked yes.

Ah, you caught me just in time CB :) Was going to pop in Morrisons tommorow but can change it and go in Tesco's tonight instead, plenty of them around.

Well the British Government's 'Homes for Ukraine' scheme website has opened today. I've just been on there and 'registered an interest' in taking in a Ukrainian refugee. My home is not ready yet as I noted earlier in the thread but the first phase of the scheme is on those with family members, etc. So it's likely to be a while yet and I'm not committed to anything but just to keep updated and see as and when if I'm in a position to move forward on it.

The government are offering £350 a month for up to a year for taking in a refugee. You don't get any more money beyond taking in one refugee so for me that will mean just one refugee in the small single room I've got. Rent of course can't be charged on top, that's free so in effect the government contribution helps to cover rent. That sounds fair to me as they will likely be extra electricity, gas & water used so it sounds reasonable. Just how the Ukrainian refugee is classed in terms of whether they are classed as a renter in terms of HMO status, Rent a room allowance, etc who knows. My guess is that the £350 a month the government are saying they are giving as a thank you may be classed separate as a gift perhaps. Again whether that £350 a month ends up being calculated as being subject to income tax who knows so some questions still outstanding on the Ukraine Homes Scheme I think. The Ukrainian refugee also has to fill out a visa application as standard of course unless they wish to chance it on an inflatable lol. Anyway the link is here is anyone else in the UK is interested in this scheme:

http://homesforukraine.campaign.gov.uk/

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2022, 03:05:35 PM »
Turns out I was one of the first 43,000 that signed up within five hours of the 'Homes for Ukraine' website going live :)

http://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-how-uks-refugees-scheme-will-work-how-many-ukrainians-will-come-and-how-you-can-help-12566137

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2022, 05:18:12 AM »
Well finally was able to buy my UK & Ukrainian Desktop Table Flag a couple of days ago :) Fortunately I kept track of the situation as they are now sold out again after just two days! A good indication of the high level of support there is for the plight of Ukraine in the UK I think.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2022, 03:46:09 PM »
Turns out I was one of the first 43,000 that signed up within five hours of the 'Homes for Ukraine' website going live :)

http://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-how-uks-refugees-scheme-will-work-how-many-ukrainians-will-come-and-how-you-can-help-12566137
You must have been salivating at the thought of £350 squids in your pocket. Or did you think you’d get to take in a ‘hottie’ and get your leg over for free?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2022, 04:35:15 PM »
You must have been salivating at the thought of £350 squids in your pocket. Or did you think you’d get to take in a ‘hottie’ and get your leg over for free?

Both actually :D

How did you get in Ukraine Gaunty, were you able to rescue the relatives out there near Kyiv?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701