It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is this a scammer?  (Read 27483 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Is this a scammer?
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2022, 05:25:29 PM »
When I mean support, I mean emotional and mental support only. I will not financially support anyone until I've met her, become a couple, and I am applying a K1 visa for her. 

I can see what Trenchcoat and everyone else is saying that she was setting me up for money.  I can totally see that could be the case.  The longer she blocks me, the longer it makes me feel that she isn't real or that she is no longer (Perhaps never was) interested.   

Thanks Trench, I read the information this morning and it's very interesting.

I don't know the FSW mentality in intimate detail but my thoughts are that emotional & mental support they may not go in for like it is in the west. A bit like when you said to her about your emotional/mental state during army training and she replied that she is not a Psychologist. She may not regard the situation as one where she looks upon you to fulfill the role she sees as a Psychologist filling. More than that she may not wish to tell some guy off the internet stuff she may regard as too personal and perhaps hence not appropriate. Others here will no doubt know more on that than me it's just how I envisage it likely is.

Anyhow, I think for sure now it's odds on that she just decided you weren't for her, it happens. A lot of weighing up can happen along the way and I think when she decides she wants out she closes it off.

I wouldn't worry about it too much anymore. Instead if still interested in going for a FSW in six months time spend that time putting yourself in a better position and not just  financially, try and learn some Russian, learn about dating FSW, the basics when you meet and then any more advanced stuff. Then when you're much nearer the time to travel get your lady arranged and get on our there, good luck!
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Trips: > 10
Is this a scammer?
« Reply #251 on: August 06, 2022, 02:48:53 AM »
I appreciate the time that you guys took to respond to me.  I think they are all wise words and I have taken them into consideration as well.  Of course, my mind is racing and always thinking about the whole situation; is she a scammer or is she not?  My newest theory is that she isn't a scammer because she is just too overly exposed.  How can you chat with someone, telling them a lot about yourself, confirms that you are real through video chat and confirm that you actually live in Chisinau? 

Second, I think she really is looking for a provider.  I think any woman in her situation (living in Moldova, poorest country in Europe; having a child and mother to provide for) would be looking for someone real to provide for her financial stability.  Maybe she was testing me the whole time whether I would provide for her and her family. In her mind, she just doesn't want someone who may or may not visit in January, who may or may not be a supporter/provider.  She decided that maybe it's not worth her time to continue to communicate with me.  Furthermore, I never said I was going to send money or that I was going to provide anything.  She also never asked so maybe she just decided that I was never going to provide anything. Let's say going to Israel is made up and is just a test.  Well, I failed because I didn't say I can help with finances so that ended for her and she believes I am not going to be a good provider.  (if this is true then she is short sighted.  I will and can be provider but only after our relationship gets to that point)

Third, her fdating.com profile is still up or that I can still see her profile. I have messaged her since on fdating.com but it shows that she has not seen the messages (She has not logged on for over 3 weeks).  So, if you are a scammer and decided to block me then why not block everything?  I also know that when a message is sent, that person gets an email with the message.  So, if she is a scammer, she should block everything.  If she forgot to block me, she definitely will block after receiving the emails.  She still hasn't!  Makes me really wonder that she might of really left the country and is 100% preoccupied with her mother's illness and treatment.  Before I was blocked on Viber, she messaged me saying things like, "No mood for romance" and "doesn't want to communicate with anyone online".   Maybe she did go off the grid because she was telling the truth.  Which is why, I'm still messaging her.  If she never comes back, I am just throwing pennies into a wishing pond.  If she does come back, I did what I wanted to do, which is to support her no matter what. 

If she comes back asking for money, then sure I know for sure she is just scamming for money. If she never comes back, I guess I'll never know for sure and move on.

YES:
"Second, I think she really is looking for a provider.  I think any woman in her situation (living in Moldova, poorest country in Europe; having a child and mother to provide for) would be looking for someone real to provide for her financial stability.  Maybe she was testing me the whole time whether I would provide for her and her family. In her mind, she just doesn't want someone who may or may not visit in January, who may or may not be a supporter/provider.  She decided that maybe it's not worth her time to continue to communicate with me.  Furthermore, I never said I was going to send money or that I was going to provide anything.  She also never asked so maybe she just decided that I was never going to provide anything. Let's say going to Israel is made up and is just a test.  Well, I failed because I didn't say I can help with finances so that ended for her and she believes I am not going to be a good provider.  (if this is true then she is short sighted.  I will and can be provider but only after our relationship gets to that point)"

Your situation is an oxymoron: in her point of view, you should help but in practice, you shouldn't (anti scamming RULE number ONE).This is why the keyboard bla bla finds its liimitation. You should never profess a relationship or feelings and EXPRESS IT (typical western behavior). Better to explore likes and unlikes, daily life, expectations, goals, values, children etc...

NO:
"is she a scammer or is she not?  My newest theory is that she isn't a scammer because she is just too overly exposed.  How can you chat with someone, telling them a lot about yourself, confirms that you are real through video chat and confirm that you actually live in Chisinau? "

I share Bo's opinion. This idea of exposure is, sorry, but ridiculous. A woman is not exposed on the internet. She starts to worry when her family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors are involved, good luck to find them.
You are analyzing scammers (you never dealt with) comparing apples with apples. But scammers, the real ones, this woman has not proven she is one, don't have the same mindset as usual citizens. They don't see rules, they see opportunities, Truth and keeping your word make no sense for criminals, this is just a convention in the society that doesn't concern them.
The last thing that many westerners don't understand is that FSU countries are not ruled by western rules, but are ruled by their own rules. Additionally, many of them don't see any regulations from the USA or the EU in terms of law enforcement. So practically scammers can do whatever they want, often with the support of the local Police forces. Keep this in mind in the future. 
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline RussianWomenOnly

Is this a scammer?
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2022, 08:58:26 PM »
Last update:  This will be my last update since this woman has not unblock me on Viber.  In fact, I think the number on Viber is no longer working at all or she might of changed her number.  Her fdating.com profile is since deleted.  I asked someone to check but I decided to create a second profile and search her profile ID.  It says profile not found.  So, yes I believe that she was/is a scammer and was just trying to get money from me so she never was interested in me.  Could her profile be taken down because maybe another man she was trying to scam reported her? Part of me wants to post all the videos, photos, and conversations to expose her and to ensure that other people does not fall for her scam if she has other online profiles.  Part of me just don't care because I'm just hurting right now. 

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
Is this a scammer?
« Reply #253 on: August 10, 2022, 04:47:11 AM »
The obsession is still continuing,   
You don't have to publish anything because she has never asked you for some money explicitly. And you don't have any evidence ad hominem.

She could be one or she could not.

That's the flaws of this mindset: to have online feelings BEFORE meeting a real woman.

Correct your mindset and beliefs and stick to my previous post.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

Is this a scammer?
« Reply #254 on: August 10, 2022, 07:32:06 AM »
Avoid heartache, trauma, disappointment, anguish, potential scammers, and 'Save the Maiden' syndrome.

WMVM.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Is this a scammer?
« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2022, 05:43:21 PM »
Last update:  This will be my last update since this woman has not unblock me on Viber.  In fact, I think the number on Viber is no longer working at all or she might of changed her number.  Her fdating.com profile is since deleted.  I asked someone to check but I decided to create a second profile and search her profile ID.  It says profile not found.  So, yes I believe that she was/is a scammer and was just trying to get money from me so she never was interested in me.  Could her profile be taken down because maybe another man she was trying to scam reported her? Part of me wants to post all the videos, photos, and conversations to expose her and to ensure that other people does not fall for her scam if she has other online profiles.  Part of me just don't care because I'm just hurting right now.
As an alternative narrative - she was contacted by a bunch of desperate losers who either came across as weirdos or straight up asked for her bust size and nude photos. Disappointed in the experience she deleted her profile. If she did discover a "normal" man she started communicating with him via "normal methods" which doesn't involve fdating.

In my first post in this thread I stated your mental state is such that you should not pursue international dating. You have confirmed this. Give it up and work on yourself.

Offline RussianWomenOnly

Is this a scammer?
« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2022, 10:12:37 AM »
Guess what?  She's backkkkkkkk

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Is this a scammer?
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2022, 03:40:03 PM »

In what capacity? In communicating with you? Or, just put herself back on the dating site?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Is this a scammer?
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2022, 04:33:08 PM »

So are you going to tell us what the deal is here RWO???

Offline RussianWomenOnly

Is this a scammer?
« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2022, 04:14:53 AM »
Nothing really.  She messaged me out of the blue like a week ago but we don't really communicate anymore.  She is still deleting messages/pictures a few minutes after she sent them.  I don't think I'm going to pursuit this.  I don't mind just having her as a friend. 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Is this a scammer?
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2022, 02:23:36 PM »
I don't mind just having her as a friend.

That's a total waste of time and that time is far better spent finding a
girl who totally wants the package that you've got.
OR you aren't being honest with yourself and you are still carrying a torch
for her.

What you need is a girl who wants you as much or more than you want her.
What you have is the opposite.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:35:45 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Is this a scammer?
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2022, 04:17:45 PM »
Nothing really.  She messaged me out of the blue like a week ago but we don't really communicate anymore.  She is still deleting messages/pictures a few minutes after she sent them.  I don't think I'm going to pursuit this. I don't mind just having her as a friend.

If she has you as a friend then she will have written you off for a relationship likely for good. Remember they don't do the friend thing like we do in the west it tends to be one or the other not really a fluid situation like we have as far as I have ascertained. Considering you have never met I wouldn't bother with being a friend. I think you would be better off not mentioning the friend notion at all. You might as well just let her communicate with you as and when in my opinion so you discuss like friends without tying it down to that. Then it always leaves it open to visiting her in the future. Time can go quick so we're like about five months from when you an meet a woman in the FSU now? That can go fairly fast and who knows if she is still hanging around in five months time why not visit? You might get a relationship out of it. If it doesn't work out call up other women, have a bit of a holiday, find out about FSU culture, whatever. Worth considering I think.

The deleting messages/pictures could be a bad reason or could be something perfectly simple like her wishing to have her security and privacy. She might but want done guy wandering around with her pic for god knows how long. She might have culture passed on to her from FSU times about trust issues, etc not trusting too much, etc. Probably at some point you'll find out why down the road and it could be somewhat eye opening in one way or another.

So I wouldn't stress or put too much stock in it all, let her play along and also contact other women along the way so you're not losing out in case she disappears again or turns out not to be the one for you. That would be my take on it all.

I don't think at this point she us a scammer not unless she asks you for money, something big, etc. I think she would have done that already if she was so you can probably relax there. Also if she is no longer pressing you then that's ok and like said just play it along in my opinion.

Offline Daveman

Is this a scammer?
« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2022, 07:37:25 PM »
Nothing really.  She messaged me out of the blue like a week ago but we don't really communicate anymore.  She is still deleting messages/pictures a few minutes after she sent them.  I don't think I'm going to pursuit this.  I don't mind just having her as a friend.

Deleting photos/messages on Viber after sending them to you? 
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline RussianWomenOnly

Is this a scammer?
« Reply #263 on: October 08, 2022, 08:50:18 AM »
We talked sporadically these last 2 weeks.  She deletes after sending them.  Sometimes she deletes them Even before I had a chance to see what it was whether his messages or photos

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Is this a scammer?
« Reply #264 on: October 09, 2022, 09:13:37 AM »
fugettabout "agencies" or "modem dating"
go straight to domestic sex slavery
just follow this simple gyuide

http://ukraine.welcome.us/

you're WELCOME!!

Offline RussianWomenOnly

Is this a scammer?
« Reply #265 on: October 09, 2022, 10:17:04 AM »
Does anyone know about Veritas.world.com. Are they legitimate? Someone told me that they are applying on this website through a refugee program to come to the US.  I just hope that they're not being scammed for their money

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Is this a scammer?
« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2022, 03:55:06 AM »
We talked sporadically these last 2 weeks.  She deletes after sending them.  Sometimes she deletes them Even before I had a chance to see what it was whether his messages or photos
Maybe so her husband doesn't seem them. She may be in a boring relationship and simply looking for entertainment.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Is this a scammer?
« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2022, 12:45:55 PM »
Well Ladies and gentlemen, I believe I may have found the smoking gun in that this Moldovan girl is a scammer or at least is not 100% honest.

It's really, really weird that you are so paranoid and keep looking for something,
anything that this girl is a scammer.

Why is that? Do you secretly think that you don't deserve a good girl?
That if a pretty girl likes you then there is something wrong with her?

STOP IT!

Your indecisive, suspicious personality wrecked any possibilities with
this girl. If you wanted to get on a plane and visit her, you might have
had a chance, but you make excuses for why you can't go. FSUW want
a man of action. They want you to get on a plane, seduce them, f#ck
them silly and win their heart. That's what she really, really wanted.

That's what they all want. What part of that do/did you NOT want?
All you had to do was to get on a plane and not act like a beta boy.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #268 on: October 10, 2022, 03:28:33 PM »
Maybe so her husband doesn't seem them. She may be in a boring relationship and simply looking for entertainment.

That I think is probably the best explanation yet RWD. I now don't think she deletes them as any attempt to scam RWO she would have done that already if she wished. The reasons she deletes could be for a thousand reasons but I think your suggested reason sounds pretty plausible. Possibly it might not be the husband but local guys she dates. Many western guys think that FSW sit around pinning for them while they aren't around but let's face it there are plenty of guys at hand locally probably not good wealthy options but options that are to hand where as many western guys are not. So who is she going to go for? She has no assurance RWO is going to visit so why pass over on the local guy? - the old a bird 🐦 in the hand better than two in the bush being appropriate here. Better that she doesn't discount local guys who may support her in case the western guy doesn't come through for her and is all talk as western guys are probably often known for.

I mean pretty girls are known for having many options of guys and this one is pretty enough I reckon even with a kid.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 03:30:07 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2022, 04:13:18 AM »
Thinking some more on this one apart from possibly a few casual short term hook ups she might have possibly she might just one long term relationship locally not with the father of the child but another guy. Think of the scenario that a pretty girl has a child with a guy she thinks is the guy for her or for whatever reason. That guy then subsequently finds that he can't support the child long term and trying is too much of a strain/ordeal for him in an economically poor country. Anyhow whatever the reason he buggers off and the immediate recourse the pretty girl is left with is to look around quickly for a local guy who can pick up the tab often in exchange for a relationship with sex included. The pretty girl doesn't have a lot of choice in this as the money she will get from the government is so low and would then have to rely on her family which isn't great for them. She knows she has pretty enough looks to hook a guy on this basis so its often likely easy enough. However, as a woman aged her looks only last so long and guys interest dwindle with it. So cue then fears of cat food eating in her old age that Krim tells us about and more immediately being left high and dry to bring up a child.

The international option of course gives such a girl the way out to 'trade up' to a guy who is wealthy and can afford to give her a much better standard of living, problem solved. I think RWO got the impression early on that some guy may be knocking around with her though I'm thinking more probably not the father but another guy. Again it could be anything without firm evidence it's mere conjecture but I think RWD's point is a logical one that fits with FSU society. She is probably being honest enough in terms of saying that the father is out of the picture, FSW can be quite honest I think but they often don't give you the whole picture I think.

RWO just out of interest did she ever tell you what happened about the whole 'Isreal' and her mother situation?

Offline RussianWomenOnly

« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2022, 11:52:55 PM »
She didn't say much about Israel when I asked her.  She did say her mother had surgery.  But we don't talk like we did before.  In fact, last time we messages each other was over a week ago.  I think this one is a lost cause.  I am just not as interested in her as I was before. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2022, 02:58:04 AM »
She didn't say much about Israel when I asked her.  She did say her mother had surgery.  But we don't talk like we did before.  In fact, last time we messages each other was over a week ago.  I think this one is a lost cause.  I am just not as interested in her as I was before.

Think that's the danger with a long run up to a meet up as it can kind of run out of steam. Some FSW I get the impression aren't really into discussing much at all before a meet up as they've learned/heard about all the western guys who rabble on and it leads to nothing so they don't wish to waste the time. It's not always keyboard Romeo's but some guys just prefer another woman so drop a woman off conversation after a time or they don't feel the woman is a good fit from what she tells them.

So it kind of takes interest from both parties or possibly keep it rumbling on until a meet up. That's still going to be some time as likely at least four months away as I understand. At least she's calmed down and away from all the present sending I guess now I assume.

One thing you can do if you wish to try to improve the situation is to open up your side of your life. That's not always every guys cup of tea but it has worked well for some members here as they tell it. It's basically a case of showing the girl around your house, home town, possibly leisure activities etc and also your daily life through video chat on your mobile or whatever. Not just video though but also telling her of stuff happening in your life, nothing necessarily too deep that she thinks you need a psychologist ;D but day to day stuff. In that way she gets absorbed into our life and fees he knows you so when you meet it's not just a face value judgement she places on you. No assurances it will work of course but some members here have done such and feel that it has helped. Generally I think it just helps a girl to relate to you better and that helps her warm to the guy potentially I think.

Offline RussianWomenOnly

« Reply #272 on: October 19, 2022, 06:09:44 PM »
I got her flowers, balloons, and chocolate for her birthday but the florist said she never showed up.  We were supposed to call each other but she stop responding.  I'm kind of worried actually. 

Offline ML

« Reply #273 on: October 19, 2022, 08:40:06 PM »
I got her flowers, balloons, and chocolate for her birthday but the florist said she never showed up.  We were supposed to call each other but she stop responding.  I'm kind of worried actually.

And we are kind of worried about you.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Daveman

« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2022, 11:05:49 AM »

You are chasing this woman. Were she NOT a scammer, this kind of shit would absolutely, 100% run her right out of your life. In your mind, you are being romantic and caring.. in her mind it may be time for a restraining order. Joking aside.. you'll never get anywhere this way.  Don't do ANYTHING for her -- nothing. Walk away. If you get the urge to contact her, then slam your dick in the sliding glass door.  If SHE contacts you again, then play it cool, just chit chat for a minute or two -- NO romantic gestures -- and leave her wanting more.

Notice that when you CEASED chasing her before -- suddenly she's baaaaaaak! 

And we are kind of worried about you.

I'm more dumbfounded.  ;D :popcorn: :popcorn:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 12:11:16 PM by Daveman »
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1896
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1888
Total: 1898

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM