It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 456141 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1175 on: March 23, 2020, 01:21:50 PM »

SARS and MERS are still out there too, so why aren't they nailing people left and right? There is stuff we don't understand about viruses.

COVID-19 already killed many times the amount of people than SARS and MERS combined in a matter of months. Those two been out a decade or longer. MERS has a case fatality rate of over 30% but COVID-19 behaves differently and makes it much more dangerous even if case fatality rate ends up being less than MERS. COVID-19 rate of transmission is fast and it's hard to identify and remove those who are infected from the general population. A person with MERS knows they are sick fairly quick and can take action against it while a person with COVID-19 can walk around for 2 weeks without knowing they are infected and during that time, infect many other people. SARS and MERS were also coronaviruses. There is no vaccine or treatment for those two after decades of trying to find one and most likely there will be none for COVID-19. USA had our first case of COVID-19 Jan 23 and two months later here we are with massive damage to our economy. The good thing is more people are going to go bankrupt than die from COVID-19. Then when there's no economy left, people dying will significantly increase. Lets hope we don't get to that point.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 01:31:13 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1176 on: March 23, 2020, 01:26:36 PM »
So let me guess, you think that Trump is bad?

:ROFL:

Isn't that what it's always been about?

Whether it's Russian collusion, SC nomination, Blue Crabs of Maryland, Lakers losing to the Clippers, and just about everything else under the sun plus all the other novel coronavirus not yet delivered by bat # 12 on Wang Chung's Chinese franchised restaurant...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1177 on: March 23, 2020, 01:32:50 PM »
So let me guess, you think that Trump is bad?

I think there is a LOT of room for improvement. The $64,000 question is if improvements are timely enough to change anything.

Offline GenMish

« Reply #1178 on: March 23, 2020, 01:38:37 PM »
 don't buy the BS that medical intervention and preventative procedures stopped Ebola SARS and MERS. I think they went away on their own. Look at the news today

'Doctor' Rand Paul not social distancing has CV
White House Press Reporter not social distancing has CV

While they are telling us to social distance, they are shoulder to shoulder at Congressional lunches and press conferences. If our most educated , with knowledge of the most up to date way to stop the virus cant

What makes people think MERS SARS or Ebola were handled in 3rd world countries by medical procedure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=mA1wqjaeKj0&feature=emb_title
Officials keep warning the public not to touch their faces – and then do just that

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1179 on: March 23, 2020, 01:59:29 PM »

'Doctor' Rand Paul not social distancing has CV
White House Press Reporter not social distancing has CV

While they are telling us to social distance, they are shoulder to shoulder at Congressional lunches and press conferences. If our most educated , with knowledge of the most up to date way to stop the virus cant

Those people probably got it from someone in the room that appeared healthy showing no symptoms but carrying CV. If those carriers acquired MERS instead, they probably wouldn't be in that room to infect Rand Paul and a press reporter because they would know they're sick fairly quickly. It's extremely important to get infected people away from the general population and it's hard to do with CV.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1180 on: March 23, 2020, 02:19:34 PM »
... It's extremely important to get infected people away from the general population and it's hard to do with CV.

Exactly! Now how is this done if we are only testing people that that meet qualifying criteria? There are people who are infected but doesn't show the symptoms.

Anyway....in Italy, they're not only treating anyone over 60 anymore, they're also no longer counting the dead?!? Well, at least apparently no one gets refused admission due to universal healthcare. The folks over 60 just gets kicked in the corner after admission.

Reports are saying the dead count doesn't even include those who are dying out of the hospitals but doesn't get tested if they died of COVID, so conceivably the death rate would be much higher.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:22:37 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline GQBlues

Offline msmob

« Reply #1182 on: March 23, 2020, 02:49:31 PM »

Anyway....in Italy, they're not only treating anyone over 60 anymore, they're also no longer counting the dead?!? Well, at least apparently no one gets refused admission due to universal healthcare. The folks over 60 just gets kicked in the corner after admission.

Apparently, is found of generalisations.

For sure, there are patients who have not received the care they'd normally be entitled to in a civilised world..due to lack of ventilators and or  staff.

As of just over an hour ago, the UK is on 'lock down' as we are EXACTLY mirroring Italy two weeks ago..

I can just imagine certain US citizens refusing to comply because of their 'rights '....

Offline Gator

« Reply #1183 on: March 23, 2020, 02:51:47 PM »
It is a team effort and that team has to send ONE very clear and coordinated message and not contradict his chosen experts.......

Yes, that would be ideal.    However, on the occasions of Trump's statements having unrealistic optimism...within a minute this happens .....

I do give him credit for not hogging the stage and letting others in his team take over more nowadays.

Yes, and his team quickly tempers his optimism to realistic levels (e. g., the status of using chloroquine). 

There is a whole government apparatus in place for all this.. Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act

The PAHPAI Act.  Sounds like the name of a panda, or a Haitian baseball player.   

Offline GenMish

« Reply #1184 on: March 23, 2020, 03:02:24 PM »
Those people probably got it from someone in the room that appeared healthy showing no symptoms but carrying CV. If those carriers acquired MERS instead, they probably wouldn't be in that room to infect Rand Paul and a press reporter because they would know they're sick fairly quickly. It's extremely important to get infected people away from the general population and it's hard to do with CV.

I respect your views. In my opinion, this thing will go away on its own and in the FUTURE these draconian measures will be touted as the panacea that saved a generation. In a way I am with Krim, if its a monster its gonna take a ton of lives no matter what we do. In which case, when it gets him, I will rent a back hoe and dig up his back yard for his gold hoard. Cuz, it aint getting me

Offline ML

« Reply #1185 on: March 23, 2020, 03:15:58 PM »

Didn't I read here, or maybe elsewhere that similar is happening in Los Angeles county?

Maybe it was refusing to test those who were 60 and older or some such because of limited test kits.

Am I wrong on this ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #1186 on: March 23, 2020, 03:18:18 PM »
Didn't I read here, or maybe elsewhere that similar is happening in Los Angeles county?

Maybe it was refusing to test those who were 60 and older or some such because of limited test kits.

Am I wrong on this ??

I don't think there is any discrimination ongoing at this point in time.  If someone appears to have the virulent form of the virus, then they are tested.   If there are minor symptoms, then they, typically, are not.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1187 on: March 23, 2020, 03:26:12 PM »

Exactly! Now how is this done if we are only testing people that that meet qualifying criteria? There are people who are infected but doesn't show the symptoms.

No country can win this war in the first battle. Ideally, with full cooperation, every person on earth should have a test kit and get tested at the same time and if infected, removed from the general population. As of now, no nation on earth has enough test kits for their entire population so the goal is to limit the damage. COVID-19 wins the first battle but we limited the damage.

I respect your views. In my opinion, this thing will go away on its own and in the FUTURE these draconian measures will be touted as the panacea that saved a generation. In a way I am with Krim, if its a monster its gonna take a ton of lives no matter what we do. In which case, when it gets him, I will rent a back hoe and dig up his back yard for his gold hoard. Cuz, it aint getting me

There was a lot of work done to stop SARS and MERS to where it's a very rare occurrence today. Those coronaviruses didn't disappear on their own. Mankind has lost the battle against the common cold and flu viruses so we allow them to exist freely among us. We can not allow COVID-19 to exist in our bodies. It needs to be beat back like SARS and MERS. I agree with Krim that the virus can do great damage but because we have taken action, it's not going to be nowhere near as bad as if we took no action. The more we lose control over this virus, the harder it will be to eliminate it from our bodies.

Offline jone

« Reply #1188 on: March 23, 2020, 03:29:53 PM »
Did I have the CoronaVirus?

Over a week ago, now, I woke up with crust in my eyes, and a significant itch that usually is the first stage of a cold or flu.  I was running a slight temperature, but had no other symptoms. 

As the days wore on, the symptoms remained, with me often waking up with itchy eyes and, then, as I could feel in my extremities, the persistent low grade fever.   

To self medicate, I made it a point to drink lots of water.   Each day I would take a vitamin C booster of 1000mg.  Today, and for the second day, I am symptom free. 

At no time did I experience the dry cough and shortness of breath that seems to prevalent with most overt cases of CoronaVirus.  But, could I, like thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) have experienced the low-grade version of this flu?   

Dunno.  When I called the Dr.'s office, they told me that unless other symptoms presented that I did not require a test.   But the news articles I read during this time - about how one or two symptoms reside in the body until the body either defeats the virus or is defeated by it - surely didn't give me peace.   

To those who actually have been diagnosed, the anxiety must be very high.  My heart goes out to everyone that experiences these worries and I pray that all such people regain their health.

Time for another glass of orange juice.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gator

« Reply #1189 on: March 23, 2020, 03:32:10 PM »
ANOTHER LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL?

The Dept of Defense has a significant research program in defensive measures against biological warfare and bioterrorism.   I hear news here and there of DOD accelerating development and testing for COVID-19 

One such measure would be antibodies (not antibiotics).  It would be both therapeutic and prophylactic, treating patients and protecting healthcare workers (and soldiers).   Not being a vaccine, it would require less testing.  On an accelerated pace, it could possibly be ready  this autumn.   We certainly have ample "mercy cases" to test.

One interview said there were five biopharma companies undertaking exactly this. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #1190 on: March 23, 2020, 03:34:51 PM »
Jone, did you fever subside along with your symptoms?   

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #1191 on: March 23, 2020, 03:40:05 PM »

Reports are saying the dead count doesn't even include those who are dying out of the hospitals but doesn't get tested if they died of COVID, so conceivably the death rate would be much higher.

1/ As you don't test any suspect IN THE VERY BEGINNING, whatever the real problem is, like it has happened in South Corea
Therefore it happens THIS in France (I suppose that's almost the same in Italy)

2/ You have CV people healthy transmitting doing their life like normal people
3/ The ones who have some doubts are "suspects" and stay at home
4/ When they start to be really seek they are transported to hospital
5/ If there is not enough place they stay at home and die at home if they fall in a very bad outcome (already happened in Italy, not yet in France but soon).
6/ As a result a lot of people are outside any medical control, many unintentionaly (believe they have a cold or just flu, or they are healthy transmitter) and few intentionaly (don't want to stop to work, minimize the risk). 

So you can guess the outcome of this disaster, I see less than 10% of people wearing gloves and mask (both combined, almost no people) in supermarkets (the most dangerous place of France today).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 03:43:33 PM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline jone

« Reply #1192 on: March 23, 2020, 03:43:18 PM »
Yes. Fever is gone.   Just a tiny bit of itchiness remains in my eyes.   But at no time did I ever experience nasal/sinus discharge or diarrhea / stomach discomfort.   And no cough or shortness of breath. 

Were this six weeks down the road, I believe they would have tested me.  Instead, I have self quarantined and go out only for groceries.   

I seem to be getting more business done from home than at any other time.   I think that is because everyone else is glued to their house desks as well.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #1193 on: March 23, 2020, 03:49:46 PM »
CV is so close to many other medical problems that you are often not really sure to have it or to have something else.
But 88% of cases have temperature. During the Princes Diamond ship problem the treshold was given to 37.5, which is quite low as you can notice.
Low breathing capacity, cough, seem to belong also to the CV.
Also the flu (not CV) hits you in a very short time so you can almost put an hour on it.
Not the CV, it comes more under the radar.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1194 on: March 23, 2020, 04:04:30 PM »
I think there is a LOT of room for improvement. The $64,000 question is
if improvements are timely enough to change anything.

He so bad that it's almost not worth an effort trying to do better?
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

« Reply #1195 on: March 23, 2020, 04:07:20 PM »
http://www.biospace.com/article/stop-the-conspiracy-theories-novel-coronavirus-has-natural-origin/

http://www.health24.com/Medical/Infectious-diseases/Coronavirus/new-coronavirus-is-not-man-made-new-study-confirms-20200319

I am surprised that I am just now reading that Corona was not made in a lab in China or Canada.

Why hasn't TV news reported this before . . . or have I just missed it ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1196 on: March 23, 2020, 04:21:40 PM »
I know you're scared Gator....
if you were standing next to me, I'd be able to smell the fear...

Confidence has not smell, no sound.   It is something that radiates.      ;)

I suffer from the overconfidence of having over the years faced many challenges and conquering  them all.  This COVID-19 challenge is admittedly different.  It is persistent. It is insidious. It is surrounding us.   The unknowns are many.   News is not good. 

Admittedly this virus gives me concern, so I reduce exposure (health, security  and financial).  The worst case other than death is still survivable .  And I have faith in being able to repeat  my past performances. 

Also driving my confidence is the fact my wife is having anxiety problems, at times maddening.
For her sake,  I can not show anxiety much less fear. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1197 on: March 23, 2020, 04:25:21 PM »
We're having a loose form of lockdown from midnight tonight including:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52011915

In addition people are allowed travel to & from work, one outing for exercise a day and travel for food, etc.

In all none of it can really be tracked so it's a lot of rubbish really. It's more just to stop groups congregating and spreading it quickly.

Like Italy in its early lockdown days this won't likely be enough and more draconian measures are likely in the pipeline. Its the UK government using a policy of step change so as the UK public get conditioned to it and it's not all too sudden.

On the news tonight it showed a graph and although we are following Italy's path we are doing so at a slightly slower pace so far.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1198 on: March 23, 2020, 04:36:12 PM »
A guy who works next door came striding in this morning laughing at my stupid mask.  He said God is going to protect me.   

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Brillynt

« Reply #1199 on: March 23, 2020, 04:38:14 PM »
Question to All:  Is anybody reading the exchanges between Moby and Trenchcoat?

Only to laugh at Moobs attempts at superior intellect.
Wrong about brexit.
Wrong about the US election.
Wrong about the last UK election.
Wrong about the virus being nothing.

Pretty long list of everything he is wrong about.  But it doesn't matter, he is a legend in his own mind.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541439
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1971
Total: 1979

+-Recent Posts

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Today at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Yesterday at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:21:59 AM