It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 455881 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Bottom line:  Many deaths will have been preventable.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
UK Coronavirus .. BoJo makes us all confused !

VERY confusing and conflicting advice ..

England says folks from France and Ireland are welcome...

Rep of Ireland says "While Boris Johnson this week announced that people arriving into the UK from Ireland and France do not have to quarantine, such an exemption is not being reciprocated here.

Philip Ryan reports on new regulations which will give Gardaí the power to enforce a mandatory 14-day quarantine for all passengers who arrive in Ireland from overseas."  ( source Independant.ie)

So, someone can drive from France, enter the UK, take the Liverpool car ferry to Belfast (N.Ireland) and end up in the Rep. of Ireland..?!. :hidechair:

Offline msmob

Dmitry Peskov, the Kremlin Pres spokesman is hospitalised after testing positive with the virus

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov in hospital with Covid-19

http://www.rt.com/russia/488442-perskov-coronavirus-kremlin-positive/

For those of you not familiar with him, he was a the RU face that told us no Russian military were involved in the military takeover of Crimea and that his VERY expensive watch was a gift from someone ( his future wife ) that he wasn't in a relationship with when 'received' and it may have cost 30 times his annual salary ...

If you didn't 'agree' with his explanation, he offered to have the case heard by a Russian Court ..  :popcorn:

I may think the chap is somewhat economical with the truth, but wish him a speedy recovery ..   Those that recover seem to understand the seriousness of the virus and are vital in govt

« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:39:38 PM by msmob »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Bottom line:  Many deaths will have been preventable.

Deaths are going to happen. We have t sacrifice economy to prevent COVID-19 deaths. But if we sacrifice too much economy, we'll have people die of other means and there will be a whole lot of depression. Nobody knows the right answer to this. There has to be a balance of sacrificing enough economy so we don't overload our hospitals and increase the amount of people in need of lifetime medical care due to damaged organs.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
The world WANTS to be deceived, so LET IT be deceived...
I’m glad you’re all willing to die for me, so I can be safe in my bunker and protect all the wimmin
spossiba BOLSHOI moy manoga droogs...

The road to wealth is also the highway of debt...
The economy is faithfully represented by a heavily manipulated stock market that has NOTHING to do with the actual condition of the people
but in the coming future, the virus will make it ALL COLLAPSE...
EVERYTHING
when the debt mountain starts an avalanche

I plan on living off the grid with guns, gold and girls
but I have to give up the drugs at least for awhile when I go to Russia
and get really "scrutinized"
that SUCKS
this time next year, Moscva will look like a Soviet Labor Camp
that SUCKS to...
glad I'll be in Costa Rica with Poison Ivy on the beach
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:27:12 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Deaths are going to happen. We have t sacrifice economy to prevent COVID-19 deaths. But if we sacrifice too much economy, we'll have people die of other means and there will be a whole lot of depression. Nobody knows the right answer to this. There has to be a balance of sacrificing enough economy so we don't overload our hospitals and increase the amount of people in need of lifetime medical care due to damaged organs.

I agree Billy, I think the real problem is going to be being caught between an economy that never really gets anywhere near full steam again before cases rise forcing countries to just enable only a percentage of full capacity working.

Here in the UK they have just announced the furlough scheme will be extended to October. Yes I think it needs to be as we need to get virus numbers down a lot more before working capacity increases but the fact that they are going to take it through to October also indicates to me that they are struggling with this a lot more than many think and that is bad news sign rather than good.

Essentially unless countries change the way they do business to more along the model that Amazon use I don't think that we will make the headway needed in terms of getting the economy near enough full capacity whilst also keeping down virus numbers.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• He/Him
“Apocalypse Now"
ain’t a Spielberg movie
just like “Denial” ain’t a river in Egypt!

but pretty much how some of us at least, are gonna be livin at this time next year
and yeah, no sh^t, those of us LEFT ALIVE...

you better learn to adapt to the brave new world that’s-a-comin folks...

I have to drift between a couple of different worlds over the course of the next year
and my life is going to totally change in just a few more months when I leave the USA
temporarily

I shall return
to my off-grid family compound
which by then will be fully proofed against night time Molotov cocktail attacks
cuz all the damage done during riots, is pretty much by fire and looting
neighborhood watch mans the community barricade behind the gated entrance...
a collection of automatic rifles and shotguns
case someone who ain’t from our hood tries to come on in at night
well, I don’t know about that...
I got 40 round AK74 mag, and two more on my vest
these are the old steel core rounds 5.45x39
I would freaking cut a heavy pickup truck in half along with the dumb ass drivin it with that much ammo if he tried to crash the gate
and that's just me, the other guys are also dumping lead on his dead ass!!
I hope this night doesn't come, but I KNOW by summer of '21 it WILL!!
so later this year, I work out our video security system
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 05:46:43 PM by krimster2 »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Coronavirus news
« Reply #2732 on: May 12, 2020, 10:45:02 PM »
Maria Branyas: 'Oldest woman in Spain' beats coronavirus at 113
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52641659
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Yet another case of a teenager passing away from the Covid syndrome that is affecting children going around:

http://uk.yahoo.com/news/kawasaki-disease-teenager-dies-london-093207625.html

14 Years old and no underlying health conditions.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Funny how most gov's around the world including our own have now backtrackedand gone against their earlier 'official advice' of the ineffectiveness of face masks and are now asking the public to wear them in certain situations, lol. I of course along with a few others on here saw that they had their own interests rather than that of the wider public. I'm already long since sorted on that front :)

Offline msmob

Well, I see Dr.Fauci is being told off...

BBC News - Coronavirus: Trump says Dr Fauci's warning 'not acceptable'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52656959

Can't have medics speaking their minds in the land of the free..

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Well, I see Dr.Fauci is being told off...

BBC News - Coronavirus: Trump says Dr Fauci's warning 'not acceptable'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52656959

Can't have medics speaking their minds in the land of the free..

Well. I see you're still the poster boy for useful idiot. You absorb the narrative being fed you without question. Fauci has been consistently wrong since the discovery of the virus. Doctors who are discovering and speaking out against that narrative are the ones being silenced. Fauci on the other hand remains on the world stage

Offline BC

FP,

When a scientist formulates a hypothesis, it is subject to change as new evidence is forthcoming.

So Fauci has not been consistently wrong but instead has become more correct as additional facts become available.

Online Faux Pas

FP,

When a scientist formulates a hypothesis, it is subject to change as new evidence is forthcoming.

So Fauci has not been consistently wrong but instead has become more correct as additional facts become available.

BC,

You can put all the lipstick and rouge on that pig you wish, it's still a pig. I totally understand a formulated hypothesis with the information available. That doesn't change the fact that he has been consistently wrong. Early on he followed the WHO narrative. Nothing to see here, China has it under control and forthcoming, no danger to the US. He is still following that same narrative

Fauci is as he's stated many times a scientist not a policy maker yet the narrative being fed the entire world is his follow Fauci's advice exclusively and Trump is bad, ignore Trump. Fauci is but one expert weighing in. Fauci has also been found to be involved with globalists, drug companies, patents and an apparent agenda. Does that negate his advice? No, but it certainly it means more info and advice is needed to be weighed with other experts in other affected fields. We elected Trump not Fauci to make these decisions

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
FP,

This is just ludicrous.  A scientist doing his job is now suddenly wrong because Trump decided to ignore his advice and those of other scientists?

He is now "against Trump" because he didn't agree with suggesting unproven medicines as miracle cures?  And that disinfectants and UV rays should be used to kill the virus on infected patients?

I guess your listening or reading whatever partisan piece is trying to push about Fauci.  Let's reopen america...except us at Fox News because we in reality see the risks and require all our staff to stay home...

Online Faux Pas

FP,

This is just ludicrous.  A scientist doing his job is now suddenly wrong because Trump decided to ignore his advice and those of other scientists?

Bull. Did you read what I wrote? A scientists job isn't to make policy. Fauci was wrong in the earlier stages of the virus is what I said. Guess what, he's still wrong. It has nothing to do with Trump ignoring his advice of which largely, Trump hasn't done

He is now "against Trump" because he didn't agree with suggesting unproven medicines as miracle cures?  And that disinfectants and UV rays should be used to kill the virus on infected patients?

More bull. He isn't against Trump. Are you suggesting he's against Trump because Trump doesn't follow his advice exclusively? What? You are looking like another useful idiot making that statement. Again Trump follows much of Fauci's advice. Everywhere he doesn't is a media microscope. BTW hydroxychloroquine has been very successful in combating covid. You should research the front line doctors using it. Do you not question why it isn't included in the WHO and CDC protocol for treating covid? Do you not question why the Chinese have been manufacturing remdesivir since March? You should

I guess your listening or reading whatever partisan piece is trying to push about Fauci.  Let's reopen america...except us at Fox News because we in reality see the risks and require all our staff to stay home...

More bull from you. You have no clue as to where I gather my information prior to coming to a reasoned conclusion as I actually "think" for myself as opposed to being told what to think.You should try that too. I give not one wit that you hate Trump to the point you can't think for yourself but please don't expect us all to follow your chosen path
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:25:05 PM by AnonMod »

Offline msmob

'us all' ?

Nice try at seeking 'assertion' there, Mr Mistake.

In the meantime I am wondering who 'us' is ..?

http://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-disputes-polls-that-show-fauci-is-more-trusted-than-trump-on-coronavirus-2020-5?

During a CBS News interview, McEnany was asked to comment on the network's new poll showing that 62% of Americans trust Fauci, while just 38% trust the president.

An Insider poll conducted late last month found that 64% of Americans trusted Fauci, while just 19% trusted Trump to effectively handle the pandemic.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but it is clear some folks have been rather too desperate to try to dent the cred of said Dr ..

Online Faux Pas

'us all' ?

Nice try at seeking 'assertion' there, Mr Mistake.

In the meantime I am wondering who 'us' is ..?

http://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-disputes-polls-that-show-fauci-is-more-trusted-than-trump-on-coronavirus-2020-5?

During a CBS News interview, McEnany was asked to comment on the network's new poll showing that 62% of Americans trust Fauci, while just 38% trust the president.

An Insider poll conducted late last month found that 64% of Americans trusted Fauci, while just 19% trusted Trump to effectively handle the pandemic.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but it is clear some folks have been rather too desperate to try to dent the cred of said Dr ..

That's your strawman, you attack it and good luck with that "new cbs poll"

:ROFL:

Offline msmob

That's your strawman, you attack it and good luck with that "new cbs poll"

I understand, Mr Mistake, that was the 'best riposte'  you could offer ...

FAIL

Online Faux Pas

I understand, Mr Mistake, that was the 'best riposte'  you could offer ...

FAIL

You built it, have at it

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
FP,

'more correct'?  :ROFL: He wasn't 'quite correct' before? Maybe a little, more or less 'wrong'? LMAO. what? 35% correct then, now 61%?

Sheesh, I thought there was an urgency to be 'right' with this whole madness! My bad.

Good thing this virus is NOT as lethal as it is. Fact: on a *conservative* look, there's a 95% survival rate with this virus, and conservative means...it's based on 'known' (reported) total cases not including asymptomatic cases...

In addition, and more importantly, survivability heightens too if you're not a wheezing old fart.

Shelter the most vulnerable, the very vast majority of whom happens to be those outside the work force and general societal function. Protect them, shield them, do what needs to be done to keep them from harm. That's fact and a 'known' reality.

99.99% of our society can go back to work and reality.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

Shelter the most vulnerable, the very vast majority of whom happens to be those outside the work force and general societal function. Protect them, shield them, do what needs to be done to keep them from harm.

On weekend news show a medical guy from Johns Hopkins was asked about this.
He said that when you total the people over age (can't remember if 60 or 65) and others who had serious medical pre-existing conditions . . . it is a third of people in USA.

His conclusion . . . not possible to keep this number of people isolated from general population.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
On weekend news show a medical guy from Johns Hopkins was asked about this.
He said that when you total the people over age (can't remember if 60 or 65) and others who had serious medical pre-existing conditions . . . it is a third of people in USA.

His conclusion . . . not possible to keep this number of people isolated from general population.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/241488/population-of-the-us-by-sex-and-age/

50Mil+ of the population are > 60. Not all of them have medical condition. 60 is, for what its worth, is still fairly 'young'. hell, they aren't even retired yet.

Again, the very vast majority of the infected recovers. This is not including the asymptomatic cases, which no one knows exactly how many. But estimates ranges from 5x to 10x at least.

Add: You're a studly 21 and have medical condition, stay home. You're 35 years diabetic young, stay home. If you can stay home and work, great! But goodness, the very vast majority need not stay home and forget about making a living. Why sequester the <60 and healthy?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:32:18 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
in order to get “herd immunity”
230 million Americans would eventually need to become become infected
and depending on the fatality rate, millions will die.

so THAT is the plan?
WTF?

even once the herd immunity threshold is reached, the infection keeps going. It takes time for the spread of the disease to crest because, for a while at least, many contagious people will still infect a small number of vulnerable people,
which means even more people will get sick and die.
It’s a phenomenon known as “overshoot.”

The disease sort of stops increasing at the point when you reach herd immunity, but there’s still lots and lots of people infected. It only slowly goes down, and on its way down, it infects another third of the population
So think of crossing the herd immunity threshold as determining the fate of the disease (it’s now bound to die out) rather than its status (it’s dead).

Since the corona virus is highly contagious the human toll of reaching herd immunity without a vaccine would be staggering high with millions dead.
And that’s assuming that once a person gets sick, they stay immune for a long time.
But at this point, we don’t know if that’s the case.

and here we are not even 3 months into this and when you start lookin around
whadda you start to see ALREADY?

I KNOW what I am already SEEING
can you imagine what it's gonna look like just a YEAR from now...
in some kinda "worst case scenario"
HOLY F%CK!!!

Generac, this is solid advice to ya'll

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:15:13 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

The poll isn't for who America trusts to run the country. Fauci doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell to win the Presidency. Trump has a very good chance in getting re-elected. As far as being an expert on infectious diseases, I trust Fauci more than Trump  but Trump as a bigger responsibility getting the economy open and preventing suicides and depression.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541426
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 2161
Total: 2168

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:45:25 PM