It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317106 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #950 on: May 05, 2020, 01:03:18 PM »
I don't think Wife 4 received all of Carson's fortune.  They were separated when he died.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #951 on: May 05, 2020, 03:11:42 PM »
Wife reminded me that she has not been away from our property for over 6 weeks now.

I have gone to the grocery store 3 times during this period.
I am at high risk of dying from Corona if contracted, but I knew that I would get it from her anyway, if she had caught it, so I might just as well be the one to go out amongst the troops.
Wore cap, face mask, wrap around safety glasses and medical type gloves and used disinfectant on gloves when I returned to car; and put all clothes in washer as soon as back home.  Never passed anyone face to face in store.

Plus she was super over burdened with her PhD courses and extensive typing to send materials to her own Differential Equations students prior to Zoom sessions.

Anyway, she said that when she finishes grading finals, she at least wants to go for a long drive.  I told her we could drive to small town 12 miles away to satisfy her travel urges.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 03:20:07 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #952 on: May 05, 2020, 03:23:02 PM »
Just get her a VR and Smithsonian's 'Aerial America' videos. The next best thing to 'being there'.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #953 on: May 05, 2020, 04:22:53 PM »
I am at high risk of dying from Corona if contracted,

You need protection. Photo of a full body condom in the article below

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-selling-body-condom-facebook-9771844

Or you can go with a unitard. If you buy either of these, post some photos.

UNITARD
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #954 on: May 06, 2020, 03:18:27 PM »
Full body condom?

Offline ML

« Reply #955 on: May 11, 2020, 03:26:26 PM »
As a follow-up. 

Judge instructed Ochka (and all others on the list) to call a specified number after 5 PM on each day (Sunday through Thursday, starting May 10th) to see if they needed to report at 8:30 AM the next day.
So she called Sunday around 6 and got message that due to Corona, her entire group was dismissed from jury duty for the stated term of 40 days. (I mistakenly wrote 50 days before.)

She was happy to get the news; but I was thinking . . . what will this do to 6th Amendment right to speedy trial?

Wife got notice to report for jury duty 5 or so years ago.
She was not a US Citizen at that time, and when we notified them, they removed her name.
But, last week she got second notice.
She replied that although she had everyday English and excellent knowledge of math words, symbols, etc. . . .
she might have trouble with understanding words used in the trials and back and forth arguments from lawyers.
And that she needed to go to Ukraine to tend to her aged parents.
Head judge ignored all that and told her to report.
Then, continuing this silliness, told her if she didn't understand the proceedings, she was to immediately inform the presiding judge.
Which she is going to have to do for sure . . . so just a big waste of time for everyone.
And for sure the lawyers for one side, or both, are going to request her dismissal.
50 days of service starting next week.

Even more strange, she called twice in 5 years or so . . . I have never been called.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #956 on: May 23, 2020, 08:20:28 AM »
Ochka and I have been married for over 5 years now.
We have been living together in USA for 9 years this coming July.
We became romantically involved 10 years ago.

But we actually first met 16 years ago in early May.  We remember the specifics, because it was during the time of Victory/May Day celebrations in Ukraine, and the year (2004) coincided with the birth of a relative of mine.

Our meeting was in a business setting, and we were both married to others at the time, but . . .

We have decided to celebrate that we have been involved for 16 years.

I am claiming this so that I can be one of the 'oldest' of the 'old timers' here.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #957 on: May 23, 2020, 09:00:02 AM »
Ochka and I have been married for over 5 years now.
We have been living together in USA for 9 years this coming July.
We became romantically involved 10 years ago.

But we actually first met 16 years ago in early May.  We remember the specifics, because it was during the time of Victory/May Day celebrations in Ukraine, and the year (2004) coincided with the birth of a relative of mine.

One thing I have a hard time remembering is birthdays and when I met someone. It's usually the women who have to remind me when we first wrote each other, when we first met, when the first of anything happened. They like to celebrate many anniversaries. Maybe they want a gift for each anniversary?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #958 on: May 26, 2020, 07:45:37 AM »
Went yesterday morning for Covid test.
Results back and posted in my online medical chart already.
Negative for Covid 19.
Of course the disclaimer that . . . "tests not 100% guaranteed.  Must also consider your symptoms (I have none) and who you have had contact with (I try to protect well when shopping, etc.)"
I will get call this afternoon as to when to report to hospital tomorrow to have a look-see down my stomach and up the liver tube which was blocked after gall bladder surgery.  If all looks well, doc will remove the stent that was placed at bottom of the liver tube.
Wife cannot even come into hospital, but it is too hot to wait in car, so we are just now thinking about what she will do.  University buildings not open, so that is not an option.  She doesn't want to go visit with some friends who live fairly close to hospital because of the risk.

Offline ML

« Reply #959 on: May 26, 2020, 07:50:56 AM »
Garden planting more expensive this year because many, many more people into it.
We usually get tomato plants, egg plants, etc., for $3.50 - $4.50 for packs of 4-6.
Apparently those snapped up early, and now all that is available are single larger plants for $3-4 each.
Wife couldn't even find seeds for something she wanted (can't remember what).
Can't even find straw in town now.
Lowes won't help load heavy items into SUVs or hatchbacks because of 'social distancing.'  But they will load into pickup trucks if we stay in truck.

Offline ML

« Reply #960 on: May 26, 2020, 07:25:45 PM »
Well I just tested negative for Covid, but my 98 year old Mother was tested for second time in 2 weeks and was positive.  Negative 2 weeks ago.

She is in full care very nice nursing home and says she feels fine.
Something doesn't add up, but . . .

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #961 on: May 26, 2020, 10:21:09 PM »
Well, whatever happens, hope she's OK.. a fine age.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #962 on: May 26, 2020, 10:28:58 PM »

Hopefully your mother got a faulty test

Offline Gator

« Reply #963 on: May 27, 2020, 08:36:29 AM »
Well I just tested negative for Covid, but my 98 year old Mother was tested for second time in 2 weeks and was positive.  Negative 2 weeks ago.

My sympathy. 

Given your health and hers, you probably can not visit her.  More sympathy. 

98 years.  That's something!  My parents both died at 80.  I would have loved another 18 years.  MY mom would be here today if so. 

Offline ML

« Reply #964 on: June 25, 2020, 06:59:22 AM »

As update, amazingly she seems to have survived.  All extra care has been suspended and she only has cough and some shortness of breath remaining.  Has gone from full time oxygen to only a couple of times a day.

She is a very tough gal.

But then she went to bathroom by herself for first time . . . and fell down hitting her head when going back toward her bed.  Was taken to hospital next day with very large bump on head.

I thought . . . oh no, she survived Covid, and now this will be her end.

But no . . . she was only in a couple of days, and declared to be OK.
She was even back to her feisty self as nurses told . . . e.g.  I can certainly dress myself and walk!!  Why isn't my son Ted here ?  (her favorite son . . . not me).

Offline msmob

« Reply #965 on: June 25, 2020, 07:29:10 AM »
That's good news, ML!

Offline ML

« Reply #966 on: June 27, 2020, 01:15:17 PM »
I have been surprised at the level of interest shown in my parcels of real estate for sale.

Nothing like the levels of earlier years, but still some viewings and perhaps some deals will occur in next week or so.

Some sales by others of existing homes also occurring nearby at not much of a discount from asking.

Offline ML

« Reply #967 on: July 07, 2020, 07:12:05 PM »
Wife is close to deciding to not continue in PhD program and to not try to teach or have any job.
Several things:
She is noticing how much better she feels now that the semester is over.
During semesters she often told of twitches or electrical shocks in her spine and neck, fluctuating blood pressure, higher than normal pulse rate, stomach problems, skin rashes around neck area, and on and on.
A couple of weeks ago she said . . . If we sell a parcel of land this summer during this Covid crisis, I will take it as a sign from God that it is OK for me to discontinue PhD program and stop working outside our house and property.
So last week, I did sell not only one parcel, but two parcels . . . to same person . . . a young MD whose wife told me they were looking for a place to build their forever home.  Probably 6,000 sq feet, 4 car garage, in-ground swimming pool, cabana and pool house, tennis court, garden and greenhouse.  He wrote us out check for over $300,000 and said he was only $40,000 short of having the remaining money . . . and that he would get it in bonus money the end of August.
This morning I wrote out message for wife to send to department chair and chair of PhD program.
She is still sitting on it.

Not sure how much he makes per year, but thought it was pretty thrifty of them to accumulate close to $400,000 in just three years out of residency.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #968 on: July 07, 2020, 09:25:14 PM »
a young MD whose wife told me they were looking for a place to build their forever home.

She'll get bored with the forever home after 10 years.

This morning I wrote out message for wife to send to department chair and chair of PhD program.She is still sitting on it.

How bad did you insult those department heads?

Offline ML

« Reply #969 on: July 14, 2020, 09:58:40 AM »
Well now it appears that spouse will not entirely abandon her PhD program.
As a student, she was included in with the 18-25 year olds and everyone paid $1,000 per semester for a very good insurance plan with Aetna.  And this fee was paid by University for those who were GTAs as part of their salary package.
We checked into private plans via Affordable Care Act and found that it would cost her around $15,000 per year !!!!
She refused to go that route, so decided to sign up for 6 hours of research which was needed for her PhD program anyway.
Six hours was minimum needed to continue in the student insurance plan.  Since she will not be GTA, she will pay the $1,000 per semester.
She did get a tuition scholarship to cover the six hours.
She has completed all required coursework for PhD.  Remaining is 18 hours of research which is supposed to lead to a dissertation topic and completion of the dissertation.
Earlier she was very worried about research (which is completely unstructured of course) and was much more comfortable with just taking structured classes.
Now she says with taking no classes and teaching no classes, the research doesn't sound so bad.
We are hoping her major advisor will 'feed' her a topic, and he has hinted he might have some ideas.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #970 on: July 14, 2020, 12:40:55 PM »
How close is she to finishing her Phd program?  What is her major?  I would think that if she is anywhere near close to completing it, it would be a good idea.  Even though you prefer her to not work, it is always a good backup skill set in case something unexpected happens in the future.  Wish my wife had that much ambition.  :)
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ML

« Reply #971 on: July 14, 2020, 03:05:01 PM »
How close is she to finishing her Phd program?  What is her major?  I would think that if she is anywhere near close to completing it, it would be a good idea.  Even though you prefer her to not work, it is always a good backup skill set in case something unexpected happens in the future.  Wish my wife had that much ambition.  :)

As I noted above, she has to complete at least 18 hours of supervised research and complete a dissertation.

I did this in one year, but the math department here seems to require that this be done over two years.

Her major is math.

There actually is an excess of recent PhD math majors, even as there is a shortage of math teachers for secondary schools which are mostly filled by those with masters degrees.

And the secondary schools controlled by unions will not let PhDs, who can teach university courses, teach in secondary schools unless they spend an extra two years taking courses about 'how to teach.'

This is how our STEM system in USA is failing because STEM courses at secondary school level are manned by those who took courses on 'how to teach' but in many (most) cases were not smart enough to take the difficult math courses at university.

Offline ML

« Reply #972 on: August 24, 2020, 05:54:51 PM »
My 70 year old female cousin died of Covid last week back in my midwest home state.
A 67 year old male neighbor (but not too near) died of Covid last week.

My 98 year old mother survived Covid and a fall wherein she hit her head.
But now, she is having severe breathing problems and they do not expect her to live much longer.
She tested negative in repeat test a few days ago, but apparently she has blood clots in lungs which happens with those who have/had Covid.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #973 on: August 24, 2020, 06:54:22 PM »
My 70 year old female cousin died of Covid last week back in my midwest home state.
A 67 year old male neighbor (but not too near) died of Covid last week.

They died of covid and not "with" covid?

Offline msmob

« Reply #974 on: August 24, 2020, 10:18:01 PM »
Hi ML

Sorry to hear of your family's encounters with COVID-19.

Keep safe.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1800
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1792
Total: 1802

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM