It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What one sees on immigration forums  (Read 1394 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
What one sees on immigration forums
« on: November 14, 2020, 01:17:31 PM »
Just seen this on a forum re the changes that Britain is implementing re non EU family members...

"Hi I need some advise please.
We came in Uk on 2017.
Me and my husband both got pre-settled status ( **** nationality).
My husband wants my mother- in- law from ***** to come in Uk for looking after her as has no one there and stay with us too.

I don’t want her to come, however the doesn’t work here but I have full time job.

He wants to apply for visa for his mother with my documents as he got all my photocopies of passports, NI number, etc.
He said he can do it without my permission as bringing older people in Uk became easier.
I don’t want his mom to come here at any cost because of my personal issue.

My question is how someone apply for family member with someone else’s documents without their permission?
Is it really that easy?

What can I stop from coming her in Uk as maybe I can’t prove it that I didn’t bring her here because it has been shown all my legal documents.?"

Should she dump her husband for simply applying in her name, report him for fraud or suck it up...?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Re: What one sees on immigration forums
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 03:49:50 PM »
Just seen this on a forum re the changes that Britain is implementing re non EU family members...

What can I stop from coming her in Uk as maybe I can’t prove it that I didn’t bring her here because it has been shown all my legal documents.?"

Should she dump her husband for simply applying in her name, report him for fraud or suck it up...?

That couple has a serious possibly fatal communication/trust problem.
They need to get their own issues settled before bringing more people
into their home.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 04:02:43 PM »
It is far more likely they are from a culture where a woman's role within the family is different than in the West, and where children are expected to care for family.  So, it's a cultural issue, not a communication issue.

I am surprised the husband can apply without the wife signing something, unless he is forging her signature.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 04:50:43 PM »
Given they are both legal residents and married, finances are shared. (I don't know if UK has laws regarding separate financial status in marriage like Germany does)

It would be logical he could list his wife's income and submit her documents, bank, earning statements etc along with his to support/sponsor his mother's immigration request.

Wouldn't think her signature or approval would be required as he would normally be the 'connected' sponsor for a member of his family.

Guess it's more of a personal than a legal matter.

Offline I/O

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 08:16:06 PM »
It would be logical he could list his wife's income and submit her documents, bank, earning statements etc along with his to support/sponsor his mother's immigration request.
From what I gathered, he isn't working.

My understanding of UK regs is they are pretty similar to here, so yes, I think BC is correct in so far as family income, assets etc will be grouped for the purpose of assessment.

Therefore, I suspect the devoted son could include the resistant spouses documentation in the application and in fact, is probably required to do so.

Somehow, I doubt the threesome will form a love triangle...🤔

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 08:39:08 PM »
In Canada, only a child can sponsor a parent or grandparent.  If the spouse with the income is used to support the application, he/she must sign a sponsor statement of consent.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:19:10 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline I/O

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 09:17:08 PM »
From Aus immi ...

Explanatory notes for sponsorship of a parent or parents migrant, section 4.

"If an applicant's taxable income is combined
with other taxable incomes such as the taxable income of the applicant’s spouse or de facto partner; or one child of a permitted sponsor that meets the requirements of subregulation 2.60W(3) of the Regulations, and that combined amount is at least equal to the amount specified in an instrument under subregulation 2.60W(4) of the Regulations, the taxable income test is met."

Now, my memory is foggy in all of this space but from recollection, ideally she'd sign also but in fact the validity of her (and his for that matter) documents, doesn't hang on signatures - they will be separately verified. And, all income, assets, liabilities and debts on both sides will be assessed as one.

Frankly, I think, unless she files for divorce or at least registers separation, and their combined  financials meet the criteria, mommy's comin'....🤗🤗
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:18:45 PM by I/O »

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 10:42:23 PM »
FYI

The M-i-L applies from her nation and the Sponsor is the British based wife.

It would be assumed that the wife agreed to the submission of her docs.

For sure she could contact the British and state she has not agreed to invite her M-i-L, or the use of her financial and employment status.

To me, this is harassment, pure and simple. Time to adopt the standards of your adopted nation, husband and 'grow a pair'

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541276
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701