It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

Do all FSUW have the same opportunities for marriage and a family?

Yes
No
I'm too wishy washy to figure it out

Author Topic: Do all FSUW have the same opportunities for marriage and a family?  (Read 11031 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Regardless of age, sexual orientation, looks, education, location,
language abilities, etc?

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 11:48:10 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 11:46:12 AM »
ANd yet you missed the clear development of FSU.

Then you should have never married someone in FSU decades ago,with a
child,  where the financial situation was a mess. You lost that medal the
moment you or anyone step ground on FSU to pursue a wife. You and
him a similar difficulty coming terms with this pill.

You are young and your viewpoint is from a youth perspective.
I am old and have a perspective based on my experience.

People in the FSU don't have the same opportunities for marriage
based on sex, age, looks, income, country of origin and many other
factors.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Do all FSUW have the same opportunities for marriage and a family?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 12:34:56 PM »
Only the women can correctly answer this.
Let's hope they come here to this specific thread and repeat the comments the have posted in other threads,
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline I/O

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 01:38:35 PM »
Only the women can correctly answerthis.
The lady already did in the other thread, quite eloquently actually. It's a no brainer...

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 05:31:43 PM »
You are young and your viewpoint is from a youth perspective.
I am old and have a perspective based on my experience.

People in the FSU don't have the same opportunities for marriage
based on sex, age, looks, income, country of origin and many other
factors.

And your viewpoint is based on your fragile ego (put in bluntly). It is funny how your, and others magic didn't work with women from other countries, where the income was higher. Just happened to work in FSU , decades ago, when the financial situation was more dire than it was now, which was my point. Not that income in FSU is higher than the West (cheap strawman attempt).

You can ask people, and they will tell you what you want to hear. I remember a woman a month ago, just as she left my apartment after we had sex, i said to her 'so that was the first time you had sex right?' and laughed, as she told me she was a virgin, she smiled, as she knew i knew all along. But i can see you, and others here playing the game women in the FSU want you to play.

I know the game, financial leverage is what you, and others played, the same as me. Difference between me and you and others, is i can drink the lemon juice and smile, you lot can't take a sip without crying, then people poke fun at Trench telling him to man up. Irony.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 05:35:51 PM by japtats »

Offline I/O

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 08:00:31 PM »
financial leverage is what you, and others played
Jap, all those decades ago, my Ol' lady's parents had two daughters (including my Ol' lady) living at home and two cars yet nobody in the family had a driving licence or drove (at that time) but both cars were used daily. Why do you think that might have been....?🤔

Offline ML

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 08:31:39 PM »
Jap, all those decades ago, my Ol' lady's parents had two daughters (including my Ol' lady) living at home and two cars yet nobody in the family had a driving licence or drove (at that time) but both cars were used daily. Why do you think that might have been....?🤔

Rented out for others to use ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 11:33:10 PM »
I know the game, financial leverage is what you, and others played,

You don't know s**t. My fiance won't even accept my money to pay her utilities. She doesn't know how much money I have and has no interest in moving to the US. She's 43 and happy she has a man, period.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 12:27:22 AM »
You don't know s**t. My fiance won't even accept my money to pay her utilities. She doesn't know how much money I have and has no interest in moving to the US. She's 43 and happy she has a man, period.

Meaning she was around 14 ish when the Soviet Union came to an end. That means she got a mostly Soviet upbringing and by that age Soviet mentality would have been ingrained in her. Considering that just after the break up the Soviet mentality would have still remained for a few years I would say that generally makes your wife a Soviet chick. That's not to say she has any fondness for the times, economic difficulties, etc but it's been said in the past that girls from the Soviet era are often of better character, more genuine than the girls that grew up in the post Soviet years.

I have found this somewhat even though my experience is a little limited on this. There was the girl in the train to Lviv on my trip there who actually bought me a bottle of water, lol. She was very decent and genuine and I'm pretty sure not a materialistic or manipulative bone in her body. She was a year or two older than me so a definite Soviet girl. Then I there was the second girl I met in Lviv, she was only about a couple of years or so younger than me if that so probably just about a Soviet girl. I never got the impression that she was manipulative nor materialistic, she turned me down paying for the taxi at the end of the night even.

So I think for you there is probably something in it that your girl didn't get with you because you had economic leverage. She would have got with you for done reason of course and other than yourself as a person I would guess that getting out of a society that had become uncertain probably featured in there but that's not the worst reason nor necessarily the sole reason.

Back in the day when I was young I heard back in Soviet times people of different social backgrounds would marry each other and not think anything of it. So a woman with a good office job would happily marry a guy that worked as a dustbin man. Later though I think the girls became much different in the post Soviet era, more so the farther away from that period. Many people say that is the case. That the girls became far more materialistic and manipulate and got bad ways. It's a shame as it makes dating a lot harder when meeting girls that are bad in some way. If I were meeting a load of Soviet era girls that would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I could but most are getting on a bit now and many might not want kids or possibly be unable. It would probably still be worth a thought though if I got back to FSU dating. The hot young girls can be difficult to take my eyes off them but so many of them are just trouble. A good looking girl around my age may well be a better bet.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 12:40:35 AM »
Actually that said while it may appear the golden age of getting ex-Soviet women is almost over there is of course one place still to go to get one, Belarus. Of course not exactly the same but near enough due to keeping a somewhat Soviet system. Again when I was out there a couple years back the people/girls generally came across as a lot more honest and genuine. Not saying that there aren't materialistic girls out there etc but a lot of people say they are a more solid bet for wife material. Ukrainian girls by contrast tend to be a lot more fun but the trouble that comes with that can often mean unworkable relationships even relationships that can go badly wrong. So Belarus is probably a better bet if wanting a bit of a younger girl. Still comes down to finding one who is into you and vice versa I think and that can still be a bit of a journey.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline I/O

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 12:51:26 AM »
On the first part, that's becoming more and more obvious.

On the second part - you missed our hero's main point, that is you weren't there decades ago and you're not as old and senile as some is us "others"....😉

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 01:48:35 AM »
She's 43 and happy she has a man, period.

Not really the age of a woman i was discussing. But is it you or someone else, that says their wife is happy to let them sleep with others?

I remember a while back, someone on here show me a fairly pretty 27 year old, and said he had a relationship with the girl. I asked what she wanted in him, he said his big d''ck and intellect. His son was also some big time entrepreneur, married to a girl from an elite family bla bla bla

As a naïve young man, i believed every word he said. I mean, why would a grown man go on the internet and lie? Later i found out his son was far from described, the girl he dated, was pregnant at the time, with someone else's child, and he was spending $1000 a month on her. He used to also hang out on sites where girls are seeking sugar daddies.

On the internet , everyone benches 350-400 pounds, but when i go to the gym, 90% of the guys can't bench 200 pounds. The internet is a funny place.

What is clearly evident on here, is people have issues being honest how they played the game. If you or anyother guy wants someone to play with their balls, and tell them how amazing they are, go to your wives (if they still are willing to have sex with yoyu that is).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:52:09 AM by japtats »

Offline GenMish

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 05:11:15 AM »
Regardless of age, sexual orientation, looks, education, location,
language abilities, etc?

I think Social Media has at least helped equal the playing field today. In the 90s, only a handful could get western men. Only top tier women could get an American. It could be looks, or even wealth. 'New Russians' were looking for bridges to the west to preserve all the money they made(stole?) during the collapse, For instance, my friend got a girl right out of med school, he sits at home now and trades stocks all day with all her money

But we are men, most of us said forget the money, we want the 10s

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 08:12:24 AM »

What is clearly evident on here, is people have issues being honest how they played the game. If you or anyother guy wants someone to play with their balls, and tell them how amazing they are, go to your wives (if they still are willing to have sex with yoyu that is).

I think that's too true Japs, I had a lot of that for the first few years I was on this forum. Some of the forum members would be like, 'hey I got the girl and she's not with me because of money, green card, etc, etc, she's with me because of (the great guy) who I am' lol.

It's what they failed to mention in all of that was that there was some other reason as to why she was with him. That reason was often something they wished to conceal for whatever if only to big themselves up on here. One thing I have learnt over I would say in recent years if one thing stands or one man then it usually stands for another. Not to say that guys are all the same, do all the same thing, but that the outcome in most situations will be the same if guys go into it with relatively the same factors.

It's like when I did speed dating, I first did spied dating just a bit over a decade ago. I used to feel bad that  would get a big fat zero from all the girls pretty much. It was only a few years later after surfing the internet after having this result several times did I find it that nearly all guys that go speed dating for the same result, a big fat zero.

Some people like to think they are a bit better than everyone else that the world works differently for them. For some it dies if they happen to be Brad Pitt looks wise or have something else going for them. Good looking guys find out what their unique strength is early on when they see girls swooning over them. Other Gus it takes time to discover a unique strength, they may never do or may never have one or at least one they can utilize. So when guy claims on here that he is somehow a touch above I'm pretty dubious, aside from what they may not be telling I know they are probably on here for a reason so are not god's gift, or at least never used to be.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 08:29:30 AM »
I think that's too true Japs, I had a lot of that for the first few years I was on this forum. Some of the forum members would be like, 'hey I got the girl and she's not with me because of money, green card, etc, etc, she's with me because of (the great guy) who I am' lol.

It's what they failed to mention in all of that was that there was some other reason as to why she was with him. That reason was often something they wished to conceal for whatever if only to big themselves up on here. One thing I have learnt over I would say in recent years if one thing stands or one man then it usually stands for another. Not to say that guys are all the same, do all the same thing, but that the outcome in most situations will be the same if guys go into it with relatively the same factors.

It's like when I did speed dating, I first did spied dating just a bit over a decade ago. I used to feel bad that  would get a big fat zero from all the girls pretty much. It was only a few years later after surfing the internet after having this result several times did I find it that nearly all guys that go speed dating for the same result, a big fat zero.

Some people like to think they are a bit better than everyone else that the world works differently for them. For some it dies if they happen to be Brad Pitt looks wise or have something else going for them. Good looking guys find out what their unique strength is early on when they see girls swooning over them. Other Gus it takes time to discover a unique strength, they may never do or may never have one or at least one they can utilize. So when guy claims on here that he is somehow a touch above I'm pretty dubious, aside from what they may not be telling I know they are probably on here for a reason so are not god's gift, or at least never used to be.
Gosh, the resentment and jealousy shining through here.
You need to do some introspection and find out your character flaws and what else is lacking in your life that just puts women off.
The problem isn’t the women. It’s you.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 11:29:29 AM »
Obviously not all FSUW (nor any specified category of people) share equal opportunities for marriage and family. As with all aspects of life, love and marriage are a mixed bag. Take for example the 'Hollywood' type - successful, good-looking, wealthy people who can't keep the same partner for more than a few years.

While no one would argue that being wealthy or attractive certainly helps to find a partner, having the knowledge and wisdom to foster the relationship in love and thoughtfulness is what will allow any relationship to withstand the rigors of time.

As an aside, I can't help but find it humorous that many members of these R/U dating forums are (or have been) divorced, yet they incessantly pontificate their infinite wisdom of dating and relationships.  :popcorn:
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 12:35:28 PM »
That means she got a mostly Soviet upbringing and by that age Soviet mentality would have been ingrained in her. Considering that just after the break up the Soviet mentality would have still remained for a few years I would say that generally makes your wife a Soviet chick. That's not to say she has any fondness for the times, economic difficulties, etc but it's been said in the past that girls from the Soviet era are often of better character, more genuine than the girls that grew up in the post Soviet years.

I have found this somewhat even though my experience is a little limited on this. There was the girl in the train to Lviv on my trip there who actually bought me a bottle of water, lol. She was very decent and genuine and I'm pretty sure not a materialistic or manipulative bone in her body. She was a year or two older than me so a definite Soviet girl. Then I there was the second girl I met in Lviv, she was only about a couple of years or so younger than me if that so probably just about a Soviet girl. I never got the impression that she was manipulative nor materialistic, she turned me down paying for the taxi at the end of the night even.

So I think for you there is probably something in it that your girl didn't get with you because you had economic leverage. She would have got with you for done reason of course and other than yourself as a person I would guess that getting out of a society that had become uncertain probably featured in there but that's not the worst reason nor necessarily the sole reason.

Back in the day when I was young I heard back in Soviet times people of different social backgrounds would marry each other and not think anything of it. So a woman with a good office job would happily marry a guy that worked as a dustbin man. Later though I think the girls became much different in the post Soviet era, more so the farther away from that period. Many people say that is the case. That the girls became far more materialistic and manipulate and got bad ways. It's a shame as it makes dating a lot harder when meeting girls that are bad in some way. If I were meeting a load of Soviet era girls that would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I could but most are getting on a bit now and many might not want kids or possibly be unable. It would probably still be worth a thought though if I got back to FSU dating. The hot young girls can be difficult to take my eyes off them but so many of them are just trouble. A good looking girl around my age may well be a better bet.

Proof yet again that you have zero understanding of FSU societies.

1.  People who grew up in the USSR are not of a better character than those that followed (who, incidentally, still have, for the most part, Soviet attitudes). 

2.  In Soviet society, everyone was a proletariat, unless his/her family origins were in the nobility.  Although theoretically, that meant that anyone would be willing to marry anyone else, in reality, that was not the case.  The nomenklatura married other members of the nomenklatura.  People from cities normally would not marry a villager, unless the latter was an escapee.  There was, very much so, stratas in who was a "desirable" mate.  I was told, outright, that based on my parents' education, I should not be marrying my husband, who was of an "inferior" class to mine.  So please, don't spout this cr@p.  You have zero idea of what the society was, or is, like.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 12:50:52 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GenMish

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 12:51:32 PM »
Obviously not all FSUW (nor any specified category of people) share equal opportunities for marriage and family. As with all aspects of life, love and marriage are a mixed bag. Take for example the 'Hollywood' type - successful, good-looking, wealthy people who can't keep the same partner for more than a few years.

While no one would argue that being wealthy or attractive certainly helps to find a partner, having the knowledge and wisdom to foster the relationship in love and thoughtfulness is what will allow any relationship to withstand the rigors of time.

As an aside, I can't help but find it humorous that many members of these R/U dating forums are (or have been) divorced, yet they incessantly pontificate their infinite wisdom of dating and relationships.  :popcorn:

You want MORE humourous?
During 23 years of marriage, 22 years very enviable,  not one person came up to me to ask for marital advice. After I got divorced, Im Dear Abby of relationships and marriage....go figure. Im thinking guys are more interested in tips of getting out of their marriage instead of making their marriages better.

Offline I/O

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 04:00:40 PM »
I have can't help but find it humorous that many members of these R/U dating forums are (or have been) divorced, yet they incessantly pontificate their infinite wisdom of dating and relationships.
Most marriage guidance counsellors have been divorced, the irony was never lost on me.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 05:16:32 PM »
Most marriage guidance counsellors have been divorced, the irony was never lost on me.

Physician heal thyself
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Lord of the Dance

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 05:42:44 PM »

My mother and father and their mothers and their fathers have all remained together without need for marriage counseling or divorce. If you take marriage seriously you will find the right woman and support her for life. I know others will disagree with me (and that's okay), but this is how it works in my family. I'll get married exactly once and God forbid my marriage ends in divorce, I will have failed. 
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 10:38:37 PM »
My mother and father and their mothers and their fathers have all remained together without need for marriage counseling or divorce. If you take marriage seriously you will find the right woman and support her for life. I know others will disagree with me (and that's okay), but this is how it works in my family. I'll get married exactly once and God forbid my marriage ends in divorce, I will have failed.
No one gets married thinking their marriage is bound to end in divorce. People change within marriages and when those changes affect the relationship negatively, Divorce is a consequence. Especially given that we are living longer. What was good at one stage of our life may not work 15 or 20 years later.
In our parents and grandparents time, there was a stigma attached to divorce so couples stuck it out in unhappy marriages plus women didn’t have the freedoms and career choices they have today to be able to survive on their own.

Is divorce a failure? Maybe.
But consider this: if two people recognise their shortcomings and accept that their marriage isn’t working and end the marriage, then go on to have a good relationship out of the marriage ( especially if kids are involved) then where’s the failure in that.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 10:44:43 PM by John Gaunt »

Offline I/O

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2021, 11:19:25 PM »
plus women didn’t have the freedoms and career choices they have today to be able to survive on their own
My dear Mother at 82 would tear strips off anyone who expouses this sort of thing. Her argument is based on a 62 year (until Dad died recently) very happy but very normal marriage.

Her argument follows approximately the line that she had far more freedom than any modern woman because both she and Dad understood their separate roles and value in making a "whole, the sum of the parts".

She asks, given the freedom she had in decision making etc, who would want to be bound to a career to support herself and or kids post divorce when with some short term hard work between two people, mostly, whatever might have caused divorce can be resolved.

To be fair, she speaks from a private enterprise perspective and for the most part, save perhaps the early days, they were never exactly short of money. She never really lived hand to mouth as many on salary do.

Dad was a very strong person but that never hindered Mum providing her opinion or making a decision if required. Visa versa also.

From her perspective, the expections of beds of roses or divorce and nothing in between among the modern folk is exactly what causes them to lose their freedom.

Obviously she recognises DV and other extreme situations...

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 01:44:07 AM »
My dear Mother at 82 would tear strips off anyone who expouses this sort of thing. Her argument is based on a 62 year (until Dad died recently) very happy but very normal marriage.

Her argument follows approximately the line that she had far more freedom than any modern woman because both she and Dad understood their separate roles and value in making a "whole, the sum of the parts".

She asks, given the freedom she had in decision making etc, who would want to be bound to a career to support herself and or kids post divorce when with some short term hard work between two people, mostly, whatever might have caused divorce can be resolved.

To be fair, she speaks from a private enterprise perspective and for the most part, save perhaps the early days, they were never exactly short of money. She never really lived hand to mouth as many on salary do.

Dad was a very strong person but that never hindered Mum providing her opinion or making a decision if required. Visa versa also.

From her perspective, the expections of beds of roses or divorce and nothing in between among the modern folk is exactly what causes them to lose their freedom.

Obviously she recognises DV and other extreme situations...
Do tell us what career choices your mother would have had at, say, age 25?
If her marriage had been a bad one would she have easily been able to get divorced and live as a single woman to a similar standard of living  with children.
It’s easy to take one anecdotal example and say this was true but you can’t realy extrapolate that to society at large.

2 generations and more ago, women simply didn’t have the freedoms and choices they have today.

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 01:44:13 AM »

Proof yet again that you have zero understanding of FSU societies.

1.  People who grew up in the USSR are not of a better character than those that followed (who, incidentally, still have, for the most part, Soviet attitudes). 

2.  In Soviet society, everyone was a proletariat, unless his/her family origins were in the nobility.  Although theoretically, that meant that anyone would be willing to marry anyone else, in reality, that was not the case.  The nomenklatura married other members of the nomenklatura.  People from cities normally would not marry a villager, unless the latter was an escapee.  There was, very much so, stratas in who was a "desirable" mate.  I was told, outright, that based on my parents' education, I should not be marrying my husband, who was of an "inferior" class to mine. So please, don't spout this cr@p.  You have zero idea of what the society was, or is, like.

Very true, parents would tell their kids the same thing, that a person was too high for them to marry. And the class system still exists. Very foreign to myself.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541375
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1400
Most Online Ever: 12701