It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Organising Domestic Finances  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Faerynor33

• Taking care of each other
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Organising Domestic Finances
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:40:07 AM »
How did you guys organise finances?
I am romantic, my partner is a wonderful, intelligent woman. We don't think in yours and mine, just ours and we travel together, she helps a lot with my career, networking events, photography of marketing and commercial activities, she is a great seller.

I make sure she keeps good money on her pocket, and pay a few minor expenses back home for her each month.

How did you guys manage this subject? How did you divide up income etc.

It was always going to happen

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Organising Domestic Finances
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 09:29:02 AM »
Divide our income? Foreign concept to me. Can you please elaborate?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »
  How did you divide up income?
How do we divide up income? It's simple. What's hers is hers and what's mine is hers.   
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »
The smarter/better of two people should be managing the money if the intention is multiplying it. Currently I'm smarter than my wife on this but we've bought a couple of apartments in Ukraine and let her figure out the best deals. I ask her to write the numbers on paper to record costs associated with buying  and estimated value over time based off what others are selling apartments for similar in size and location. I'm sure the investments are safe since the  currency over there is currently weak and the country is destabilized. Once things get better we'll probably sell.

When it comes to buying food furniture or clothing I don't pay much attention to what my wife spends for items that meets both our needs.  She tries to spend money wisely so I really don't have to worry. I don't spend money on on stupid things so she doesn't worry about me either
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 11:06:00 AM »
I don't have a regular job or income, but spouse has steady paycheck auto deposited into our joint bank account.

I make sure she gets $1 each week to spend on whatever she wants with no supervision from me because I trust her.

During her winter break from school, I will check into getting her a job at the mall as they need extra help during that period.  I may even drive her to work and then hang around a tavern until she gets off work.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 01:52:11 PM »
I don't have a regular job or income, but spouse has steady paycheck auto deposited into our joint bank account.

I make sure she gets $1 each week to spend on whatever she wants with no supervision from me because I trust her.

During her winter break from school, I will check into getting her a job at the mall as they need extra help during that period.  I may even drive her to work and then hang around a tavern until she gets off work.

You are such a generous husband..... :clapping:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline DaveNY

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 01:57:02 PM »

ML I must say you're a feminist. Helping your wife develop her full career potential and guiding her in the ways of the American job market. Congrats.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 02:07:34 PM »
Generally speaking I look after the family finances. My wife admitted early in our marriage that she isn't one for long term financial planning. When she started working in the US I made sure her retirement planning was set up.

We each have our own savings/checking accounts but most of our income goes into joint accounts for mortgages, household expenses, college fund for our children, etc. Both our names are on our properties and vehicles. This way if anything happens to either of us in the future there's no problems with ownership.

This is actually a very important topic. I'm 22 years older than my wife so making sure everything is taken care of and she understands what to do when I'm gone is important.

Offline DCcowboy

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 12:03:21 PM »
How do we divide up income? It's simple. What's hers is hers and what's mine is hers.
I guess I have always had the concept of what is mine is hers, since I will be the main bread winner. I never planned on dividing up the income. Of course I think we should both sign prenumps since we other's are successful professionals. But she really will be starting over when she gets here so I go back to what's mine is hers.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1884
Total: 1895

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM