It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russian Woman & US Tourist Visa  (Read 6532 times)

Offline CRINRKE

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Russian Woman & US Tourist Visa
« on: January 28, 2020, 04:29:10 PM »
Hello!

For a couple months I have been Skyping a lady from Samara, Russia.  She claims she works for the state and this has enabled her to get a tourist visa to the United States to visit.  She also claims that in order to obtain the visa she must have plane tickets, hotel, insurances, the whole thing bought and paid for.  We have videoed several times and she is certainly real, or at least the woman I am videoing is real.  I remain skeptical, however, especially since it is my understanding the US Embassy does not require plane tickets or hotel, etc. until the person has the visa in hand.  I have copied and pasted her message about this below.  I am hoping someone would help me come to a reasonable conclusion is this woman is for real or if she is taking me for a ride.  Thanks in advance.

What she skyped me:
I wanted to tell you everything that I learned. The manager told me in detail about many things, but I could forget to ask something. If you have any questions, just tell me. What about the visa. In order to get a visa, I have to prepare a package of documents: this is a passport, a passport, a certificate of income from the place of work, 3 photos 4 * 3, a medical policy, and international health insurance, and I must fully pay for my trip, pay for a visa, and book tickets and a hotel. By the way, this is a prerequisite for a tourist visa - even if I live with you, I have to book a hotel as I am going as a tourist, I can not indicate in the visa that I am going to a man.What about me. I will talk about the cost now. I will write it in rubles, so that later you count it in dollars. I have to pay for visa preparation. It will cost 10,000 rubles. 6000 rub is a consular fee, and 4000 rub is taken by the agency for the preparation of documents. Further, for a visa, I take a certificate at work, I think that I can already get it tomorrow if we begin to plan our trip.As for insurance - this is also a prerequisite for obtaining a visa. This is in accordance with the legal standards of your country, and we must comply with these rules. I have to go to a large bank in our country (Sberbank, VTB, or GAZPROMBANK) and pay the cost of travel insurance. This is extra money, it can be from 3 to 7 thousand rub, I will find out as well. In addition, I also need health insurance as well. This is approximately 2500rub, this is travel insurance, and this is also necessary for the embassy to obtain a visa and also receive the necessary medical care in your country, if necessary.Also, we looked at the cost of tickets on special sites, as well as the cost of the hotel. From Moscow we found flights with 3 transfers, it will be 21 hours on the way. Also, we watched tickets and the hotel from March 7 to March 28, but if necessary I will take other days. The cost of the cheapest tickets with 3 transfers on the way is 42,000 thousand rubles. It is expensive, but it is the cheapest there. Also, if I book a hotel for 22 days, it will cost about 58,000 rubles, the cheapest, money for the hotel can be returned when I will be with you, this information needs to be shown to the embassy.So, if you consider everything that I found out - 10,000 rubles - this is a visa, 3000-7000 rubles - insurance, 2500- medical insurance. 10,000 rubles for a flight from Samara to Moscow and back, 42,000 rubles - tickets from Moscow to the ROA airport and back, 58,000 rubles - the cost of the hotel (We can return this money when we cancel the reservation, when we arrive at this hotel, except first and last day). This is the cheapest route and the lowest prices for it. Now we know a lot, but I can’t imagine how I can afford it, with my salary. It is all very expensive. And now I'm upset. If we make this visa, it will be valid for 3 years, and in the future you will only need to buy tickets. Now we know to think.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Russian Woman & US Tourist Visa
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 04:34:05 PM »
This all rubbish!!

Why don't you get on a plane and visit her? If not, then move on to another.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 04:41:28 PM »

Tell her when she gets to America, you'll be a good host. Then start writing other women.

To get a tourist visa to America, she needs to show money in the bank and ties to her home country which proves she has something to come back to and is unlikely to overstay the visa. She doesn't need to have proof she can come to America.

Why don't you get on a plane and visit her?

It would be a waste of money to buy a ticket and see that woman. If she thought CRINRKE is her dream man, she wouldn't insult him with a money request that could potentially scare him away.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jone

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 06:16:27 PM »
Why don't you buy her a ticket and all of the expenses associated with it.  Make sure you pay it to her travel agent so that she gets her the best deal on flight expenses.   NOT!

You knew the answers when you wrote the post.  There are plenty of honest women out there.  Find one of those and read up on all of the horror stories, over the years, from this forum.

You'll be a welcome participant on this forum once you get in your right mind again. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 06:21:43 PM »
Oh, and by the way, why don't you give us the profile from where you were introduced to this woman.  Then we can tag her as a scammer.

I fear that even if you were to go to Russia, you would be scammed until you actually read up on how all of this stuff works. 

Years ago, one of the members on this forum had me enjoy dinner with a couple of women who do this type of thing she is doing to you for a living.  They average about a thousand a month, have their own Western Union IDs and had boyfriends at the time.  Most of these gals are actually married and doing this while taking care of kids at home.

By way of introduction, tell us a little about yourself. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 08:02:45 PM »
IMO, based on what the OP is sharing, regardless if this gal is real or Yuri, drop it pronto!

Move on....
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline jone

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 08:15:17 PM »
One last thing:   If a gal is good at this, she'll have 25 - 30 guys going at one time.

Offline Gator

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 08:33:34 PM »
CRINRKE  :welcome:

I have done what you are attempting to do, yet I knew the RW from having visited her in Russia and elsewhere.  They showed up and we had a great time together. 

Your case does not pass the smell test.

Your correspondent spelled out the details and she is correct about many points, yet a couple standout as red flags.

First, it benefits her visa application to claim she is visiting a female "friend," e. g. a real person such as someone from her city who has already moved to America.  A resourceful RW would know the game and her social network would already have yielded the name of a "friend."

Second, she would not need to book a hotel for 22 days because she is staying at her friend's residence. 

Third, travel insurance?  Health insurance, yes, but travel insurance is new to me.   

Fourth, a flight from Moscow with three transfers is required only if you live in Upper Bumf*ck.   One transfer will get you almost anywhere, two at the most.

I suggest you tell this woman you want to visit Russia this Spring, so you are flying to her city.    Then tell us her reaction.   She will likely suggest a meeting in Moscow, (and sending her money for tix). 

Good luck!  There are many sincere RW, and we have many RWD members happily married to fine RW.  Go for it!!!!~!

Good choice coming to RWD.  We have just saved you a few thousand dollars, and some humiliation. 

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 09:50:32 PM »
This is all very scammy. Scammers are stepping it up regarding video chatting. I’ve heard first hand from another guy recently, who’s scammer called and video chatted. What gave it away was her first few messages.... Typical scammer style and then started chatting about coming to visit him in the US. They met on fdating.

Op if you’re willing to post a few of her / his initial messages it will tell us a lot....Also what site did you meet on?

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 11:31:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum, CRINRKE

You just saved yourself a LOT of cash - if you listen to this advice ... 

It is a scam - sorry (

IF you believe us - and I hope you do - it might be fun for you to let us know her contact details and we can post videos of us all getting the same 'offer' ...  At least you'll know we've wasted her time, too

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 08:46:54 AM »
What others said.

Also, the embassy specifically recommends against purchasing any nonrefundable flights or accommodations, because they do not guarantee a visa will be issued.

And she stated the wrong amount for the visa application fee.  It is $160, which is about 10,400 rubles.  This has to go directly to the US embassy, not split between the tourist agency and the embassy

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 10:46:16 AM »
...And she stated the wrong amount for the visa application fee.  It is $160, which is about 10,400 rubles.  This has to go directly to the US embassy, not split between the tourist agency and the embassy

I am reminded, as though it was only a few months ago, that when my wife's (fiancée) visa was granted I really wanted to make our 'wedding' as memorable as I can manage. What better way to do that than making sure her entire family is present for our wedding.

Having her parents get their visas for the occasion was only the tip of the iceberg in terms of expense. IIRC, coming from Novo to Moscow, I wired them >$2,500.00 for their expenses. I insisted in them staying in Moscow for at least a week since they' haven't been to Moscow in a very long time so they can enjoy their time in the city while going through the process (interview/medical exam, etc..). That sum was a mere drop in the bucket in comparison to what ensued.

One of the happiest period in both our life.

1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline CRINRKE

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 12:16:23 PM »
Thank you all for your responses.  I told her I sent that money to the agency, and her visa was denied, we would be out a lot of money.  Her response is below, which I do not understand:

:This is the money I pay through my account, not an agency, and there is an agreement in which the data about it is registered, this is not done without an agreement.I don’t know how in your country, in Russia the agency will draw up a contract. All I sleep my brain is already boiling"

Although this woman started out as angel, when I began questioning some of these things, she quickly turned into a demon.  Oh, my God.  I have had a fair share of fake profilers, scammers, etc., but nothing to this level.  I am going to post her information, at least as I have it, to warn others and see if anyone else has encountered this woman.  I have attached the copy of her passport that she sent me.  She also sent me her home address, for whatever it's worth.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:22:05 PM by CRINRKE »

Offline ML

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 12:21:34 PM »
I don't think we should be posting anyone's passport or pictures here, regardless of their supposed ill intentions.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 12:26:56 PM »
I was just going to write the same thing that ML wrote.  But I think we would all be interested in how you came across this woman in the first place.

As to the passport, etc., it is easy for them to give detailed information because it helps a scammer insert themselves into your life.

The simple rule:  Never send money, for any reason, to someone you have not met in person and have a relationship with.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 12:33:44 PM »
Agree with ML. OP, you can still modify your post and removed per personal information. What you were asked before was 'what site, or how did you meet this 'woman'?

As for your statement that you've had your share of scammers, is in of itself, something quite interesting to note.

Offline CRINRKE

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 01:21:04 PM »
I removed the attachment.  I cannot recall the exact site, but I am certain it was one of 2 - Russiancupid or Internationalcupid. 

Offline jone

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 01:34:41 PM »
Shopping in a candy store .....

I will not be the last to tell you here that while you may pull a needle out of a haystack in finding a bride through Russian Cupid, the likelihood that you will find a bride instead of a scammer is about 1/30.  There are many other sites where the chances are even or better.   Time to do some reading on here before you spend another dime with Russian Cupid.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 01:51:57 PM »

I Googled the lady's name and it led me to an anti scam site below. Seems to me her name is on another passport that's posted there 7 years ago with different photos. Scammers can use different photos but continue to use their real name which is the one you have to send money to. I don't understand what they're saying below but did translate one post where the guy said the passport is fake. The one you posted may be fake too.

http://www.anti-scam.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1381074102/0
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 01:59:16 PM »
Go first in her country, you will avoid many headaches.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline jone

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 02:24:50 PM »
Go first in her country, you will avoid many headaches.

Absolutely, Pat,

But reading up on sources of women is more important to weed out scamming sources.  That gal is a professional scammer.   The OP should learn how to spot them.   And he had a universal response from the peanut gallery that the gal was a scammer from the membership.   That tells me that if he wants to spend money finding a Russian girlfriend, then he should read up and interact with the forum.   

We don't bite.   Much.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1959
Total: 1968

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM