It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: So what do you think? "Avi's story"  (Read 156821 times)

Offline Gylden

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
So what do you think? "Avi's story"
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2011, 12:02:42 PM »
I sat with my wife and watched all of the video clips in their entirety, after which I had to take a couple of aspirin to calm the headache from having to concentrate so much trying to understand just exactly what they were saying.

What strikes me in particular, why these people seem to be really struggling to communicate in English even after so many years in the US? I realize the difficulties in trying to learn a new language, as it is something I have experienced first hand. But this seems to be an extreme example.

Off the cuff, I would say that this is what can happen to a guy, when looking at too many young hotties and ignoring reality. I feel sorry for him, but at the same time he most likely deserves half of the credit himself.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »
Is Zoya the woman Mike allegedly left for Ilyana? If so, she wouldn't happen to have reason/s to be howling like a banshee, does she?

Zoya: What else Elena can say. It's "fashionable" today who come from Russia the first thing they say they were "abused", what else they can say. If true, of course they should, why shouldn't they? That's what the law is for. A man accepted her with two children, she did not work a day in the US living in his apartment and spending his money, Sounds a lot like a typical K visa situation, doesn't it? So where's the problem? he was working and he even did not have a clue what she was doing. When my wife first arrived and I had to go to work, I didn't have a clue what my wife did too while I was gone but I never beat her and thus she never filed charges of abuse against me...what's your/her point? What else she could say? What other charges she could press against Avi? Of course there are cases when they (women) were really abused, but in general such people as Yelena Mamedova who come to the US initially knowing the purpose the first thing they say they were abused. Speculation. Unless you/Zoya, as apparently Maxx do not, have actual proof the charges of abuse is fabricated, please indulge. The police didn't believe so when they came to their home, no? Why? Because it is the first law that is very punishable... As it should. As it should....

Until Maxx graces us with the other party's side of the story...this is pretty much a witch hunt.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:15:15 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »
Thanks for your work and posting it, Maxx2. This is something interesting here with Zoya's view.

She opines that a woman's knowledge about her options in the US may be a pre-requisite to the woman's decision to marry an AM. Unfortunately, from Zoya's words either English or Russian, I could not draw any particular correlation about what results from what, starting 3:17. She says that people who know in advance what options will be available to them in the US, like shelter and others, may be willing to come to the US with an idea mainly to use these options, if I got Zoya's point correctly.

Would Zoya think that a naive woman without any knowledge about her rights in the US be by definition a honest foreign husband seeker?

If this would be correct, then we could assume that any woman who is well-informed about her rights, like myself, for example, would marry anyone in order to lie and betray him later, and to use the available legal options against him to her advantage.  >:(

As for Avi, I agree with what he said. He picked up a vicious and dishonest person. The only mistake he did was a wrong choice, that's it.

Thank you Lily. I will be posting a variety of opinions and details of such cases by people not associated with Avi or his story. You will hear experiences from different people besides the one's in Avi story. I want people to get a overall view of this phenomena.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2011, 12:35:45 PM »
Is Zoya the woman Mike allegedly left for Ilyana? If so, she wouldn't happen to have reason/s to be howling like a banshee, does she?

Until Maxx graces us with the other party's side of the story...this is pretty much a witch hunt.

Michael left Zoya for Yelena not Ilana who was Avi's first wife. Of course she is bitter.

The material posted is what these people said in the courts' records. The "other party's side" denies everything.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:38:54 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2011, 01:24:04 PM »
The material posted is what these people said in the courts' records. The "other party's side" denies everything.

Well, since the court actually 'heard' both sides, and likely saw equal evidences supporting such, what was the court's verdict? Did they find Yelena in violation of immigration laws?
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »
Well, since the court actually 'heard' both sides, and likely saw equal evidences supporting such, what was the court's verdict? Did they find Yelena in violation of immigration laws?

There are two different courts here, immigration and civil. In the civil court the judge dismissed the appeal by Yelena for additional money. He also dismissed what ever money payments she was getting presently from Avi. Yelena's appeal backfired on her.

In Immigration court Avi is not allowed to present his side. Only Yelena is allowed to present her story and with whatever evidence she chooses to submit. According to US law as voiced by congressman John Conyers of Michigan before the House the American citizen is considered a "Prohibited source". No statements or evidences by them are to be received by Immigration Services when an abuse claim is made by an immigrant spouse. She did get her green card.

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2011, 02:03:59 PM »
Maxx, was the marriage annulled?

Offline Doll

« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2011, 02:05:39 PM »

What strikes me in particular, why these people seem to be really struggling to communicate in English even after so many years in the US? I realize the difficulties in trying to learn a new language, as it is something I have experienced first hand. But this seems to be an extreme example.

Ivy just has a strong accent, Zoya works for Russian speaking people
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:11:33 PM by Doll »

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »
If true, of course they should, why shouldn't they? That's what the law is for. Sounds a lot like a typical K visa situation, doesn't it? So where's the problem? When my wife first arrived and I had to go to work, I didn't have a clue what my wife did too while I was gone but I never beat her and thus she never filed charges of abuse against me...what's your/her point? Speculation. Unless you/Zoya, as apparently Maxx do not, have actual proof the charges of abuse is fabricated, please indulge. The police didn't believe so when they came to their home, no? As it should. As it should....

Yes, GQBlues, there is VAWA that protects women and I agree such law should be, but the falsified domestic violence claims also show how easily the law can be abused.

How the police works in such cases? Below is an example: a man spent 4 months in jail, lost his job and apartment, because the police ignored his alibi. Pretty sad.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/10/02/woman-accused-of-filing-false-claim-countersues-former-boyfriend/comment-page-1/

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/09/11/news/mj3298024.txt

As you mentioned your wife, I guess your five married you not because she wanted to get in the US so bad and she did not use you as a mule. most likely she married you because she loves you. That was not Yelena's case.

A witch hunt? Honestly, I believe Ilana's words said about her ex-husband Avi. I would not believe a woman, particularly Yelana, who was active in dating after engagement and after wedding ceremony, who admitted that she needed a man just to get in the US with her two kids, who arranged a meeting with other man, her lover, on her second day after her arrival, who went with that man on a vacation and so on.

GQBlues,  Was there a man who sent your wife the letters with "my kitty, my love, I miss you very much and love you. Your crazy one"  after 15 days of your marriage? Did your wife secretly had a meeting with that  man on the second day after her arrival to the US and before marriage to you? Did she spend time with him in the different city saying you that she was helping her girlfriend? Did the man hug you wife and kiss your wife's neck standing near an elevator when you was not near? Did your wife spend a night with that man in an apartment alone without you being near?

You don't need to answer.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:22:15 PM by OlgaH »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2011, 02:20:17 PM »
There are two different courts here, immigration and civil. In the civil court the judge dismissed the appeal by Yelena for additional money. He also dismissed what ever money payments she was getting presently from Avi. Yelena's appeal backfired on her.

Then that court had ample reasons to arrive to that decision.

In Immigration court Avi is not allowed to present his side. Only Yelena is allowed to present her story and with whatever evidence she chooses to submit. ( one of which likely was a police record of abuse, which for all intent and purposes is all she likely needed.) According to US law as voiced by congressman John Conyers of Michigan before the House the American citizen is considered a "Prohibited source". No statements or evidences by them are to be received by Immigration Services when an abuse claim is made by an immigrant spouse. She did get her green card.

...and this court had ample reasons to arrived to that decision.

Now...what's the problem?

Offline Doll

« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »

This is exactly what I was asking long ago- ok, this marriage is dissolved, why would Maxx create this thread?
I don't understand why Ivy said he lost his job and money? If the court dismissed the case?

I am sorry but Ivy's disease most unlikely has something to do with the case.
It is just a made believed linking.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »
Then that court had ample reasons to arrive to that decision.

...and this court had ample reasons to arrived to that decision.

When I read about troubles that some couples, who are sincerely love each other and would like to create a family, experienced with USCIS and Immigration system my heart  goes to them.

The problem I see that not only a person's trust can be abused but the law too. And women who knows how to abuse the law and use it in their mercantile interests will get what they want, in particular case the GC. And actually any man can find himself in the same situation as Avi's case.

There also is saying: "no one can be safe from poverty or prison".
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 03:08:28 PM by OlgaH »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »
....A witch hunt? Honestly, I believe Ilana's words said about her ex-husband Avi. I would not believe a woman, particularly Yelana, who was active in dating after engagement and after wedding ceremony, who admitted that she needed a man just to get in the US with her two kids, who arranged a meeting with other man, her lover, on her second day after her arrival, who went with that man on a vacation and so on.

GQBlues,  Was there a man who sent your wife the letters with "my kitty, my love, I miss you very much and love you. Your crazy one"  after 15 days of your marriage? Did your wife secretly had a meeting with that  man on the second day after her arrival to the US and before marriage to you? Did she spend time with him in the different city saying you that she was helping her girlfriend? Did the man hug you wife and kiss your wife's neck standing near an elevator when you was not near? Did your wife spend a night with that man in an apartment alone without you being near?

You don't need to answer.

Therein lies the problem, Olga. You've already drawn a reality simply based on one party's assertion and came to the conclusion it's more than enough for you. To make that even worst, you've taken additional steps to venture deeper within it by projecting hypothetical example within this limitation to make your point. Sorry, can't participate in that exercise.

I've said before, present both sides of the story, then we may have a platform for discussion. Without it, it's a witch hunt.

Offline Doll

« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2011, 07:10:57 PM »
It IS a witch hunt.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »

I've said before, present both sides of the story, then we may have a platform for discussion. Without it, it's a witch hunt.

The court already heard both sides, and on the base of all the evidence it was admitted that Yelena cheated on Avi. Yelena was offered to present her side in the documentary but she refused, it is understandable that the proven fact she was cheating on her husband from their first days of marriage doesn't make her to look as a victim and good. So what exactly "a witch hunt" you are talking about?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:13:23 PM by OlgaH »

Offline Doll

« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2011, 08:15:24 PM »
Another "court" (immigration service) issued Yelena GC- so it proves the abuse.
So?

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2011, 08:30:23 PM »
Another "court" (immigration service) issued Yelena GC- so it proves the abuse.
So?

So? Any woman who use a man as a mule to get in the US and than climes that she was abused can get her GC, she maybe will not get the man's apartment and money, but she will get the desired GC.   :)

so it proves the abuse.

I already posted the link to the story of man who spent 4 months in jail, lost his apartment and job, because the police ignored his alibi... but if a man doesn't have any alibi he will be marked for the rest of his life.

The immigration system in US is also not perfect as VAWA is not perfect as well.

In Immigration court Avi is not allowed to present his side
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:58:12 PM by OlgaH »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »
If you haven't seen it yet I strongly recommend the documentary film by Errol Morris "The Thin Blue Line".

The Thin Blue Line is a 1988 documentary film about Randall Dale Adams, a man convicted and sentenced to die for a murder he did not commit. Adams' case was reviewed and he was released from prison approximately a year after the film's release.

Those that are not naive know that our courts find many innocent people guilty. Especially so when the charge is domestic abuse. The judge hears both sides of the story unlike Immigration Services. If one man who is found innocent and who latter does something towards his wife that attracts public attention the judge knows his career might be ruined. After all he gets his job by popular election. You can figure the rest.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:59:43 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2011, 12:36:45 AM »
So what exactly "a witch hunt" you are talking about?

When folks are quick to hand a verdict simply based on one version of the story...LOL, it's a witch hunt. Just like when they use to burn women for charges of witchcraft based solely on unsubstantiated allegations, hunches or rumors.

Maxx need to get the other side of the story and add it to his video. He knows he can do that. It should be pretty easy. Or at least, get Mike or this gal the link for this thread. That should be pretty interesting...

Without the other side of the story, it's a witch hunt  ;)

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2011, 01:07:23 AM »
I tried and tried and then lost contact with them. They may have moved. I also had this problem with the parents-in-law and husband of a RW whom I filmed. Another Yelena. Couldn't get his side. Interesting story there that I will post later. I guess we can call that one a warlock hunt  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:29:10 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2011, 09:05:56 AM »
When folks are quick to hand a verdict simply based on one version of the story...LOL, it's a witch hunt.

Without the other side of the story, it's a witch hunt  ;)

That's what exactly an immigration court does without other side of the story. "A witch hunt" is also when the police ignores a fact that a man was fiscally attacked by a woman or ignores his alibi because his gender is male. "A witch hunt" is when a woman simply points her finger at man screaming "bloody abuser" and nightmare begins for him. Male doctors afraid to be alone with their female patient in the office because it can cost them their medical career if a female decides it will be a good opportunity to get some money.

If Yelena and her lover Michael knew and felt there was not nothing wrong in what they did they would not miss such opportunity as to participate in the documentary and present their side of the story when they were offered. But I doubt they will drop a word after watching the documentary published on youtube  ;)

Offline Doll

« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2011, 10:27:18 AM »
USCIS works based on documents.
So, what did Ivy really loose because of the case? I mean money or something.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2011, 10:55:23 AM »
USCIS works based on documents.
So, what did Ivy really loose because of the case? I mean money or something.

I believe it was about eighty thousand dollars in legal costs. He also lost his good high paying job due to the stress he was going through. He also lost his health when he got cancer. As his first wife said "He was healthy all his life". But who knows if one is connected to another.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2011, 11:10:48 AM »
That's what exactly an immigration court does without other side of the story. "A witch hunt" is also when the police ignores a fact that a man was fiscally attacked by a woman or ignores his alibi because his gender is male. "A witch hunt" is when a woman simply points her finger at man screaming "bloody abuser" and nightmare begins for him. Male doctors afraid to be alone with their female patient in the office because it can cost them their medical career if a female decides it will be a good opportunity to get some money.

LOL, I didn't realized you were in the room the day the cops arrested Avi. How come you're not on Maxx's video?

If Yelena and her lover Michael knew and felt there was not nothing wrong in what they did they would not miss such opportunity as to participate in the documentary and present their side of the story when they were offered. But I doubt they will drop a word after watching the documentary published on youtube  ;)

Assuming (:o) Maxx did actually try. Even once...apprehensively, half-heartedly, grudgingly, uninspiringly... nah...I don't think he even did.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2011, 11:26:27 AM »
If Avi had just given the Biotch the GC not only would he have saved himself a lot of grief but he would have saved us the current drivel )))

Just based upon what the investigators found I believe Avi's side of the story is more than likely closest to the truth. As far as contact the other side: why wouldn't he? There's drama a-pleny in that and drama sells.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541457
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1750
Most Online Ever: 12701