It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Should men seek advice from RWD?  (Read 75399 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Should men seek advice from RWD?
« Reply #300 on: November 16, 2009, 06:21:24 PM »
JohnDear-

I went through a stringent proces as well and yes, two weeks prior to my trip, 3 ladies were struck out. One from Vladi, one from Yaroslvl and the last one from Berdansk(sp), UK. It's the nature of the beast, so I just had to deal with it. One bailed out and the other two I had to forego.

In looking back, I still can't see doing this any other way that would work FOR ME. You would be in stitches if I told you every details in my experience with each and every personalities of the women involved. Great lot. I still have the very same cell phone I used for that trip. In it, every single text messages sent and received still intact. One of these days I need to donate that puppy to our neighborhood recycler. But for now though, it's a good souvenir to have.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline dogspot

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #301 on: November 16, 2009, 06:32:47 PM »
I still have the very same cell phone I used for that trip. In it, every single text messages sent and received still intact. One of these days I need to donate that puppy to our neighborhood recycler. But for now though, it's a good souvenir to have.

Has your wife ever seen this memento (or the contents within)?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2009, 06:41:45 PM »
Oh yeah eventually...there were nothing boldly incriminating on the messages anyway. Besides, many of them were hers.

Once we went exclusive, she sent me a folder of all the men I was in competition with. It's a humbling but comforting experience. I always believed it's very difficult to make the right choice if one never had choices to make it from in the first place. But that's just me...So it's all good.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Ludmila

« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2009, 09:24:40 PM »
GQ, I am quoting your semi- conscious mumbling:

"Incidentally, he was last spotted two Halloweens ago on the streets of Sta Monica Blvd. and La Cienega with his beloved kissin' cousin in tow. Rumor has it Thor actually had a mistress, (that womanizing swine, hehehe)...since he had a hard time looking for a nice, warm and dark hole to insert his lighting rod. Silly Boink of Thunder, trix are for Kix.

Anyway, he claims to be THE redheaded, bearded Thor but his cousin bore a much more strikingly glamorous long blonde locks...dunno, I think they need a new face for Thor for the sake of being PC and this time I really think he should have Rustafarian dreadlocks while screaming It'sa Hammertime! Who's Yo Dahddeeee? . (Out with the dated hammer though, man. We only do unmanned weaponry these days.)

Heck, I'll stake my money on Baku than this loser myth anyday. Thor came out of the closet many moons ago soon after riding his sweet gawdy chariot. Must be the effects of staring and striking at those equine rear ends, eh? At least Baku and his marauding hordes successfully left their Mongolian (Yikes! Asians!) cultural footprints all over (amongst other things), well, you know where....and good 'ol' Thor, The Boink of Thunder, was nowhere to be found".

I have a feeling ( so does my husband), that you are in the mid of your slumber, while we are listening to how you are trying to finally be uninhibited and tell us about what is hidden so deep in your subconscience, the content over abundant in phallic symbols of rods and rear ends.....

A stunning blend of a nightmare, flow of consciousness, teenager's sexual dreams about something that  never happened, suppressed inhibitions........and all this  cock-- hm-- tail.... is offered with Chinese dressing. Truly, what is considered a deli in China ,is not regarded as food in Russia. Didn't your wife tell you yet?

I was thinking, what is subject to a more efficient cure:  DELUSION OF GRANDEUR OR INFERIORITY COMPLEX?

One  can easily see yours is an overexcited nervous system, overirritated psyche, hot temper, nonacceptance of an opinion differing from your own, complete lack of the sense of humor, delusion of grandeur...stemming from an inferiority complex ( usually acquired in childhood).

Quoting you, GQ: "So don't worry, be happy...and make mine an expresso, please. Double. "

Coffee? We have to be very careful what "drink" we are choosing. You are dreaming of  sitting in a cafe , and a Russian lady bringing  you  a cup of coffee  ( you see, we have to be very careful with stimulants-- see above) ?

You see, in my earlier years my parents saw to it, that their daughter  would have excellent possible education, therefore the part you want to see me will only stay in your wild dream.

What I would definitely bring you--and you will not see me tip toeing with pee pee steps while doing it--
 will be a glass of cold water.  ( My husband suggested a bucket, he is volunteering to help me). Although i told him you say you are a WM, he refuses to beleive it-- you cannot make him, you know.  And that will be because you are sick.  Water for the sick. Sword for the foe. In strict accordance with the Christian beliefs. Recover soon! 

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #304 on: November 17, 2009, 12:17:11 AM »
Evidently, the "excellent education" your parents provided didn't include a study of theology.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #305 on: November 17, 2009, 12:50:59 PM »
LOL. Now, that's deep Lida, WOW! You really are edoookayted. But you still can't have Alaska back, OK?

But anyway, I understand your frustration...I can only imagine how it must sux to be a racist living in New Jersey. Tough to openly express yourself  :-X

You see, in my earlier years my parents saw to it, that their daughter  would have excellent possible education,

Oww...too bad they ran out of money by the time your turn came up, eh? Oh well, StarBuck's go-fer girl is a must-have in every office. No shame in that.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 01:02:33 PM by GQBlues »

Offline SMS60

« Reply #306 on: November 17, 2009, 01:15:09 PM »
I will answer my own question I started many moons ago

NOPE
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #307 on: November 17, 2009, 06:31:10 PM »
In looking back, I still can't see doing this any other way that would work FOR ME.
Well, I changed my plans greatly for my next trip to Moscow.  It was not VO or VM, but more like SVM (surrogate VM).  I had established a good connection with the lady interpreter on my first trip.  So before I traveled, I sent her the profiles, addresses, and phone numbers of the dozen ladies I was communicating with and paid her to "check them out" and provide me with her feedback.  This allowed me to quickly screen out most of the ladies and left me with a couple of quality ladies to spend my time with. 

Offline Ludmila

« Reply #308 on: November 17, 2009, 07:50:25 PM »
Well, GQ, I cannot help feeling you have exhausted your intellectual potential. I am letting you go: it looks like it is time for you to rest .

Focus on my free advice ( see previous post), lots of cleansing ( water is ideal material ), calming drinks, plus take a vitamin B complex for 3 months ( helps to maintain the health of nerves and proper brain function-- your case). Recover soon!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »

NOPE

Then why are you here?

Offline SMS60

« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2009, 11:53:23 AM »
Then why are you here?

Entertainment
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Offline groovlstk

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #311 on: November 18, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »
Entertainment

Kudos. Based on some of your posts, you're doing a great job keeping people amused here.

Offline dogspot

« Reply #312 on: November 18, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »

NOPE

I think if you actually got on a plane and made a trip over there you might see that some of the advice given around here is useful. I mean, there is only one way to know.  ;)

Offline Gator

« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2009, 09:30:05 PM »
Well, GQ, I cannot help feeling you have exhausted your intellectual potential. I am letting you go: it looks like it is time for you to rest .

Focus on my free advice ( see previous post), lots of cleansing ( water is ideal material ), calming drinks, plus take a vitamin B complex for 3 months ( helps to maintain the health of nerves and proper brain function-- your case). Recover soon!

:ROFL:

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #314 on: November 21, 2009, 12:15:47 PM »

... There was not one woman that did not know I plan on meeting a number of women in Russia.

.... I remember a period between Valentine's Day and Women's Day and the list I still had was upwards of 20+ women.

GQ

Congrats, it sounds like you have found your Russian lady.
Your story about your first visit was quite interesting.
I have a few questions for you.

1. Did you tell any of the women you met that you were meeting well over 20 women on the trip?

2. Did you tell the women the date you arrived in Russia?

3. How long on average after meeting each woman did it take for you to determine that they weren't right for you?

4. How long did it take for you to determine that your girlfriend/fiancee
was the one for you?

Offline Shostakovich

« Reply #315 on: November 22, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »
So the dismal state of relations between the sexes is finally redeemed: Good source of jokes as in threads like this.  Not much good advice anywhere about relations between the sexes.  Here least of all.  Success - when you have that you can advise.  Here is my favorite bit of advice, from another one who did not get the girl:

"Man's love to women and women's love to man: would that it were sympathy in suffering and veiled deities: but generally two animals alight"

Nietzsche 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #316 on: November 22, 2009, 05:53:45 PM »
Hi CM-

Thanks. Let me address your questions.

Q- Did you tell any of the women you met that you were meeting well over 20 women on the trip?
 - No, because the actual number was undetermined up until the very day I arrived in Moscow. I didn't really have a 'set' number of women I planned on so I kind'a let it play itself out. The ladies were not at all 'obligated' to this experience and they are free to exercise their right to change their minds. That ‘20’ count was I believe the third to the last cut I was screening out. It went to 14, then 12, etc..

Q- Did you tell the women the date you arrived in Russia?
 - More or less. I gave them a calendar period range. I basically said I will be arriving in Moscow between 'X' day and 'X' day during this month. No one *knew* the exact date just approximately - within 5 days. I told them I would call when I arrived. With the exception of those coming from out of town, of course.

Q- How long on average after meeting each woman did it take for you to determine that they weren't right for you?
 - Almost immediately, or at least within reasonable amount of face time – 2-4 hours. The gals were all great during the correspondence but as you know, the mind can be a pretty tricky thing sometimes. Face times really put a lot of things in much better perspectives.

Q- How long did it take for you to determine that your girlfriend/fiancee was the one for you?
 - First trip left me with two potential women I wanted to continue contacts with. Before the second visit, that went down to one, and between the 3rd – 4th visits decided to be exclusive.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 05:56:03 PM by GQBlues »

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #317 on: November 22, 2009, 08:15:08 PM »
Hi CM-

Thanks. Let me address your questions.

Q- Did you tell any of the women you met that you were meeting well over 20 women on the trip?
 - No, because the actual number was undetermined up until the very day I arrived in Moscow. I didn't really have a 'set' number of women I planned on so I kind'a let it play itself out. The ladies were not at all 'obligated' to this experience and they are free to exercise their right to change their minds. That ‘20’ count was I believe the third to the last cut I was screening out. It went to 14, then 12, etc..

Q- Did you tell the women the date you arrived in Russia?
 - More or less. I gave them a calendar period range. I basically said I will be arriving in Moscow between 'X' day and 'X' day during this month. No one *knew* the exact date just approximately - within 5 days. I told them I would call when I arrived. With the exception of those coming from out of town, of course.

Thanks GQ. The first two questions were tied together.
For the second question, you decided not to tell the ladies when you actually arrived in Russia.
Instead you chose to tell them a small fib which gave them the impression that you had just arrived or arrived at most four or five days ago.

What I was getting at was, on the one hand you were saying that you were being up front with the ladies right from the start about your intentions, but really you were not being totally up front.

ie. had all the ladies known that they were 1/20 or 1/30 women that you were seeing there, they might not have agreed to take part in the meetings.

Likewise, had the ladies known the actual date you arrived, some might have wondered why you were seeing them two months later etc.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #318 on: November 22, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »
English was not the ladies' native tongue but they didn't seem to have a hard time understanding what we were talking about.

If I told you I'll be arriving between Monday to Friday and I arrived Wednesday, how's that a fib? I said I would call when I arrive, NOT as soon as I arrive. Now ask me why the date range and I'll be glad to tell you...

If I told the women I was meeting other women, never knowing exactly how many there will ultimately be - how can I give a definitve number to begin with? Even *I* didn't know exactly how many women I actually was going to meet on my trip? The women knew I was meeting many, exactly how many they didn't know and neither did I.

ie. had all the ladies known that they were 1/20 or 1/30 women that you were seeing there, they might not have agreed to take part in the meetings.

I didn't meet 20 or 30.Your mind is already playing tricks on you. Besides, some did bow out of the meeting days before I came. I had no problem with that. How's that troubling to you?

Likewise, had the ladies known the actual date you arrived, some might have wondered why you were seeing them two months later etc.

I don't get it. Which women was left wondering? Which woman was I seeing two months later beyond the one I decided to keep in contact with? You think maybe you're just picking fly phsyt out of peppers?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:28:30 PM by GQBlues »

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #319 on: November 22, 2009, 11:34:12 PM »
GQ, first let me make it clear that I have nothing against what you did on your first trip.

If I told you I'll be arriving between Monday to Friday and I arrived Wednesday, how's that a fib? I said I would call when I arrive, NOT as soon as I arrive. Now ask me why the date range and I'll be glad to tell you... 

I didn't single out the Mon-Fri as a fib. I was simply saying that from the women's perspective, you were staying five days, that's all. But that wasn't really the case at all.
You didn't tell them when you were arriving nor how long your trip was intended for, even approximately. They just thought you were there for five days, that's all.

If I told the women I was meeting other women, never knowing exactly how many there will ultimately be - how can I give a definitve number to begin with? Even *I* didn't know exactly how many women I actually was going to meet on my trip? The women knew I was meeting many, exactly how many they didn't know and neither did I.

The point is, the women never knew you had a short-list of 20-30 women to start.
That's all I'm saying.

I didn't meet 20 or 30.Your mind is already playing tricks on you. Besides, some did bow out of the meeting days before I came. I had no problem with that. How's that troubling to you?

None of this troubles me at all (see the first line of my reply).

Here's what you stated earlier:
"I remember a period between Valentine's Day and Women's Day and the list I still had was upwards of 20+ women."

That would lead most people to believe that during the stated period above you still were intending on meeting upwards of 20+ women.

All I'm trying to do is make a connection with this fact and what the women you were making dates with were thinking.

I don't get it. Which women was left wondering? Which woman was I seeing two months later beyond the one I decided to keep in contact with? You think maybe you're just picking fly phsyt out of peppers?

The way you set it up was brilliant GQ. Each women thought you had just arrived and were seeing them within a 5 day period. That's all I'm saying.
But the reality is that you were there for more than two months.
All I'm saying is that you didn't tell the ladies this fact.

I know, I know...... they never asked you.  :)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #320 on: November 23, 2009, 01:55:43 AM »
Quote from: CanadaMan
I didn't single out the Mon-Fri as a fib. I was simply saying that from the women's perspective, you were staying five days, that's all. But that wasn't really the case at all.
You didn't tell them when you were arriving nor how long your trip was intended for, even approximately. They just thought you were there for five days, that's all.

You misunderstood. I didn't stay 5 days nor did I stay 2 months. IIRC the totals days spent was 13 days. They knew I will be there roughly a half a month. The range of my arrival date was 5 days. I couldn't commit to a definite date because I had a 7-hour layover in Austria (bought two seperate RT tickets, LA-NY-Frankfurt-Vienna & Vienna-Moscow) because I had a lot of friends from Banska Bystrica & Prague and had a 'plan' to meet up with a few of them when I arrived in Vienna and if time permitted, I would have liked to have spent a couple or more days in Bratislava (a 45-minute drive from Vienna) to catch up as I haven't seen them in a little over a year. Even if I lost out on a few booked hotel days in Moscow. The women knew about this but it was undetermined if it will happen. No one knew exactly when I'll be arriving in Moscow and neither did I. There was only a 5-day window because the 6th day would've been the day the first out-of towner was scheduled to arrive so I had to be in town by then.

The point is, the women never knew you had a short-list of 20-30 women to start. That's all I'm saying.

20-30 women to start? No, I actually started with a lot more than that. I probably wrote to 30+ myself, then you need to add the number of women who wrote to me (you think this is alot, ask BillyB how many he wrote to 5 years ago). A good number of women didn't want to partake with the plan I had from the get-go. Those who initially said they were OK with it, eventually started falling off the line for one reason or another, either a) they changed their mind, b) I drop them off the list, c) their status changed, d) they lost interest/I lost interest, etc...

Here's what you stated earlier: "I remember a period between Valentine's Day and Women's Day and the list I still had was upwards of 20+ women." That would lead most people to believe that during the stated period above you still were intending on meeting upwards of 20+ women.

International women's day is March 8, my trip was mid-April to early May. I had 20+ women I was corresponding with around V-Day to W-Day and you might have missed what I said when I said, "That ‘20’ count was I believe the third to the last cut I was screening out. It went to 14, then 12, etc..". Did they know the exact number of women I wrote to and who wrote to me from the very beginning? How can they and how can I? The writing campaign was on-going probably for about the first 3-4 weeks since I started. A daily count to keep everyone updated to the actual number of correspondence I had for *any given day* unfortunately was unavailable. So there really was 'no' set number of correspondence at any given time. During the letter campaign certain women started to become *fixed* solely because of their maintained correspondence but that was the best it ever got. Even then, I still lost/drop women days before I arrived.

All I'm trying to do is make a connection with this fact and what the women you were making dates with were thinking

While subtle, remember one very important thing, the meetings were simply to meet in person - they were NOT dates. That may be a matter of semantics but IMO I wasn't dating anyone - yet. I made it clear that it was void of any personal/emotional innuendos. I was planning on meeting a number of women to see if there's any possibility of dating any of them, and them - me.

The way you set it up was brilliant GQ. Each women thought you had just arrived and were seeing them within a 5 day period. That's all I'm saying. But the reality is that you were there for more than two months. All I'm saying is that you didn't tell the ladies this fact.

See above.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:08:18 AM by GQBlues »

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #321 on: November 23, 2009, 01:39:14 PM »
You misunderstood. I didn't stay 5 days nor did I stay 2 months. IIRC the totals days spent was 13 days.

OK got ya' now. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Good luck with your lady!

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #322 on: November 23, 2009, 04:53:52 PM »
What I was getting at was, on the one hand you were saying that you were being up front with the ladies right from the start about your intentions, but really you were not being totally up front.

CMan:  The remote ladies will not be a problem as they are scheduled for a fixed definite time period (unless they change schedule at last minute)  The potential problem is keeping the local lady happy.  I would think Moscow ladies would know the score and what is going on.  If they aren't smart enough to figure it out, you probably won't be interested in them.  If you were only visiting one lady, I am sure you will always tell her "I am only visiting you".  If she doesn't hear that message, she knows what the alternative is (unless you lie to them).

So if you try this method, I would suggest scheduling the remote ladies first.  Fill in any spare time during that time period with local ladies on the bottom of your "list".  After the remote ladies are gone, then see more local ladies, starting with the top of your list and going down from there.  If you find a local lady you like a lot, just see her the rest of the week and skip the rest.  It's always harder than you think to find a good one.

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2009, 05:47:20 PM »
CMan:  The remote ladies will not be a problem as they are scheduled for a fixed definite time period (unless they change schedule at last minute)  The potential problem is keeping the local lady happy...

So if you try this method, I would suggest scheduling the remote ladies first.  Fill in any spare time during that time period with local ladies on the bottom of your "list"....

Thanks John I will keep this tucked away.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Should men seek advice from RWD?
« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2021, 09:40:48 AM »
There is a ton of good information in this thread.

Regarding the original premise of seeking advice from RWD here is
my answer.

You are asking advice for free, about something in which we are only privy to
what you tell us. Only you know all aspects of the situation. Only you know your
true goals, hopes, dreams, your strengths and weaknesses.

When you ask for advice, you get lots of advice. Some of
that advice will be very good, some of it will be so-so and some of it will be
dubious or worse.

Some of the advice will be written in a helpful manner and some of it will be
written sarcastically and some will be written as if you did something wrong.

Your job is to sort through all the advice keeping the good stuff and ignoring
the rest. Whatever you do, don't get offended. Nobody knows you and getting
offended by words written in cyberspace by somebody you don't know is a total
waste of your time.

Udachi!  (that means good luck in Russian)

Bill
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 09:43:05 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1871
Total: 1882

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM