It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: AM and RW ... are we compatible?  (Read 104521 times)

Offline noelscot

• Commercial Member
  • Offering Ulan-Ude travel support
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: AM and RW ... are we compatible?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 10:08:11 PM »
Hello everyone! I am doing a research about difficulties and differences  AM facing when in a cross-cultural relationship. It's not a secret, RW are complex individuals and require  a lot of understanding and patience from AM.
I would appreciate if AM share with me their difficulties with dating, marrying and living with RW.
As well as I will answer all questions that you might have as of how to approach RW and what her phrases/reactions  might mean. :rules:
Thank you in advance for your time and participation.
Let the party begin! :popcorn:

Da, nyet, ya ne znayu.

“The sewage is up to our necks already — whatever you do, don’t make waves.”-Michael Haneke

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 11:39:29 PM »
Well, yes , that is a personal research.  And , no I am not married to AM. I dated AM for a few years and everything was good in terms of having fun time, talking about careers and goals in life.He was very intelligent, caring and funny person, but  and he tried to be a part of everything what was important to me. But there was always something that was missing ... Big Time! That was the reason I didn't marry him. Luckily I found the men who I love with all my heart . He is Ukrainian. He is the man I feel protected with , strong, real man.
As of the  good manners of AM, to be honest I do work in a very upscale professional environment with high class American men, and yes they are blowing their nose in the middle of lunch , burping accidently  and dont care much how they dressed. It does bother me , but I don't judge them. I like working with them , but that's where it starts and ends.

Hello nichka.
Welcome.
So you are doing personal research, for what reason?
What is it exactly that you want to know?
IF you dated an AM for several years, I think you can say that you were compatible, yes?
As for the environment you work in, up scale and professional,
Perhaps it is not as up scale at you think.
The point I am trying to make is, We are all humans and at the end of the day, we all are basicly the same.  Thinking that some people are High Class, and others are Low Class, is a matter of opinion and perspective.  Once you get to know people, they are really just people and as people, we are imperfect, in all of our many different ways. 

That being said, there are people who are raised differently and have different understandings of common sense, decency, and manners.
How people handle themselves at the table when eating , that is just a matter of how polite someone feels and what their boundaries are.

Personally I was raised to eat, sitting up straight,  take small bites,  and keep your mouth closed when chewing. Don't talk with your mouth full, and hold your bodily functions until you are excused from the meal.
However, I had an uncle and his family who would come over for a holiday meal, and you would think they were raised in a barn yard the way they chew with mouths open, talk with food in their mouths, burp, belch and just generally everything that I would never do.
It was strange to me, But, that was their normal way. 
Not wrong, just their own way. 

I have never  encountered anyone who blew their nose at the table when eating.
That I would say Is offensive and not very hygienic.

If it were me, I would find some other place to enjoy my meal, far far away from the Rhinosauruses.

;D

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 04:33:15 AM »
Perhaps Sandro can confirm, but I think this is in Egypt, not Turkey.  I think the language of the staff was Arabic, but I could be mistaken.
I think so, but the clip audio is too confused to be certain - any utterance from the bar tenders is totally overwhelmed by the girl's vocal reactions. She didn't blow her nose, though ;D.

BTW, I don't think Turkish bar tenders would have taken the abuse so meekly ::).

Some of the comments on the original video (on YT) suggest they are speaking Arabic
"They speak Arabic whith Egyptian accent." tarikrajab  13 hours ago
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:58:50 AM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Spoon

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 04:40:01 AM »
Some of the comments on the original video (on YT) suggest they are speaking Arabic and seem to think perhaps Syria was the location.
"Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night."
-Dave Barry

Offline Doll

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 04:52:07 AM »
Nichka asks AM only, but my opinion is- they are not compatible.

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 04:59:19 AM »

Care to elaborate on that  miss Doll?

Offline Doll

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 06:33:42 AM »
Care to elaborate on that  miss Doll?
Different mentality: preferences, approach,etc.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 08:06:39 AM »
I think so, but the clip audio is too confused to be certain - any utterance from the bar tenders is totally overwhelmed by the girl's vocal reactions. She didn't blow her nose, though ;D .

I can not comment what language bar tenders speak but I can hear a bar tender saying in Russian with an accent "I will bring you right now" . Later the bar tender asked her again in Russian "Why do you talk too much?" and she responded "I also hit on the face so much"

Staff in the resorts with many Russian tourists often speak Russian. Turkish salesmen also often speak Russian.

BTW, I don't think Turkish bar tenders would have taken the abuse so meekly ::) .
"They speak Arabic whith Egyptian accent." tarikrajab  13 hours ago

:D

Offline Misha

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »

That is why individuals should select partners using criteria other than money/salary and looks. People will make wrong choices, and then blame culture or national souls IMVHO!

Offline happyandstable

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 11:12:30 AM »

That is why individuals should select partners using criteria other than money/salary and looks. People will make wrong choices, and then blame culture or national souls IMVHO!

This is very true IMHO as well. I believe that the so called cultural differences and language barrier are jus that "so call". If two people are truly willing to work on their relationship these will just become learning moments and not obstacles to a healthy and loving pairing. So my answer to the OP would be yes if they want to be!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:16:25 AM by happyandstable »

Offline Misha

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 11:20:25 AM »
Well said happyandstable!

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 01:15:27 PM »
The armbands in the video are more indicative of Egypt than Turkey.  They classify the tourists as either half, full board, all inclusive and including drinks depending on the color.

Don't remember seeing such in Turkey.

Offline Globetrotter

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »
Funny Post..........."are we compatible"          anyone can be compatible, with understanding, desire, and anything that goes with a loving relationship.  I have dated Hindu girls in India, Jews in Israel, Muslims in Indonesia and Pakistan, Europeans, Polish girls right off the boat in my city, and many others in many countries.  The trick is to find somebody who wants what you want, and I have found that women are the same anywhere in the world.

A barfly in Turkey does not typify women anywhere, so I don't see the similarity, as it only typifies her thoughts and actions.

To find someone who wants what you want and has similar actions is the trick, don't you think?  But, if you are a generation apart from your girl...because you can...for a while anyway...bad things just might happen.

Me and my girl are so close and in touch with eachother, it could not be better.  She has the option to come here, and has, so there is no mystery as to my family or friends, or how and where I live.  Anyway, a good start and a 2 year relationship...as opposed to those who will go un-named who are one-week wonders...absolutely absured.  I just think you will get out of a relaltionship...exactly what you have to put into it, and everyone is different.  Just don't think that because you are from different countries, or a language or culture apart...that you can't do this, because you can, depending upon what you bring to the party.  It's all about the work you put into it, what you and she have to contribute, wants and desires, and you just go from there!!!   

Only my opinion,

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2012, 02:10:54 PM »
A barfly in Turkey does not typify women anywhere, so I don't see the similarity, as it only typifies her thoughts and actions.

Thanks God, no, she doesn't  :o    (but like her created an image of Russian tourists in particular places  :D )
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:16:32 PM by OlgaH »

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2012, 02:12:13 PM »

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »

I agree with Doll... I think AM and RW are naturally incompatible...  I do believe that can be overcome with two very special individuals who have the desire deep in their souls to learn, compromise, grow, adapt, work at it, and make it work.   So, I also agree with Happy, Misha, and GT...

It's all about the individuals and the attitude each has toward the relationship and each other.  But again, I think AM and RW are naturally vinegar and oil right out of the bottles...  8)   
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:55:52 PM by Daveman »
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2012, 05:05:39 PM »
  But again, I think AM and RW are naturally vinegar and oil right out of the bottles...  8)   

and two together can make a perfect dressing  ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:10:07 PM by OlgaH »

Offline Misha

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2012, 05:16:13 PM »
I agree with Doll... I think AM and RW are naturally incompatible...  I do believe that can be overcome with two very special individuals who have the desire deep in their souls to learn, compromise, grow, adapt, work at it, and make it work.   So, I also agree with Happy, Misha, and GT...

Given the divorce rates, many men and women from the same country are also not naturally compatible and the rest must also work at it.... Also given the as high or even higher divorce rates in the FSU, men and women there are also not that compatible either...

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2012, 05:22:24 PM »

The are not, you are right. Different mentality, different culture, americans are individualists by nature, we russians, are collectivists, and this is just one little huge part in what we are incomparable. Plus the process of bringing us here is costly (for AM)  and complicated  (for both AM and RW).  Buts still, still, look - AM keep trying and trying and RW keep waiting for their foreign princes on white horses. Isnt it weird? No it is not. And we all know why.
Kaplah!

Offline Doll

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »

).  Buts still, still, look - AM keep trying and trying and RW keep waiting for their foreign princes on white horses. Isnt it weird? No it is not. And we all know why.
We sure do.
Am and AW are actually much more compatible.

Offline Doll

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »
and two together can make a perfect dressing  ;)
After you really shake it. :D

Offline Darth_Budda

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2012, 05:49:08 PM »

The are not, you are right. Different mentality, different culture, americans are individualists by nature, we russians, are collectivists, and this is just one little huge part in what we are incomparable. Plus the process of bringing us here is costly (for AM)  and complicated  (for both AM and RW).  Buts still, still, look - AM keep trying and trying and RW keep waiting for their foreign princes on white horses. Isnt it weird? No it is not. And we all know why.

What does this mean to you?
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline BC

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »

Good salt for thought.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:54:43 PM by BC »

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »

and also add some herbs and spices... and thanks heaven we both don't mind garlic  :D

Offline Misha

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2012, 06:00:21 PM »
Am and AW are actually much more compatible.

I wager that a card-carrying NRA Republican strict Protstant American would have less compatibility with a Democrat, Unitarian Universalist, anti-war Occupy Wall Street protestor than many AM/RW pairings, but my American friends can correct me if I am wrong ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:25:57 PM by Misha »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1853
Total: 1861

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 28, 2024, 09:44:27 AM