It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?  (Read 359134 times)

Offline oldernotwiser

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« Reply #1050 on: September 18, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
The mainstream media has taken to this latest Romney video as if it's news worthy

If not news worthy, perhaps it can be viewed for entertainment purposes.  Although would you say twitter is mainstream media??  #romneyencore has been trending today, all kinds of comments, I found a few of them kind of funny.

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #1051 on: September 18, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »
Capitalism does it still work??

Does it still work in a environment were the people on the bottom can't afford to buy the goods produced by the every shrinking middle class and the rich?

Another thought,,,
Mitt is done for, He will only get the right wing religious vote.. But not even all of them will vote for a Mormon...

Obama 2012!! yea! We will get the lesser evil...

We need a constitutional convention in 2013....
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1052 on: September 18, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »

If not news worthy, perhaps it can be viewed for entertainment purposes.  Although would you say twitter is mainstream media??  #romneyencore has been trending today, all kinds of comments, I found a few of them kind of funny.

And it should be as it certainly isn't news. Some obscure Rotary club meeting while he was stumping for votes to win the nomination a year ago isn't news. All designed to turn us away from the real news and events while attempting to convince us that Obama's policies are working. What is news is the Muslim world is on fire with more jihad on the west. Just "believe" and everything will be okay. More kool-aid?

edit to add: I don't Twat but, yes it has morphed into mainstream media. The age of disinformation. I find it alarming how many read twitter and accept it as the gospel truth. Even more alarming is they do it without question. More kool-aid?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:49:34 PM by Faux Pas »

Offline oldernotwiser

« Reply #1053 on: September 18, 2012, 07:14:13 PM »

edit to add: I don't Twat but, yes it has morphed into mainstream media. The age of disinformation. I find it alarming how many read twitter and accept it as the gospel truth. Even more alarming is they do it without question. More kool-aid?

It is tweet, not twat, just thought I would let you know, just in case you are confused by the difference between the two.   :) 
Oh, I have no doubt their is disinformation on twitter, but also some truth.   

Also to label twitter with the republican rhetoric of mainstream media (we all know how the republicans think the mainstream media is out to get them), I find kind of hilarious. 

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #1054 on: September 18, 2012, 09:18:27 PM »

Dunno. The 2010 census reported…Doesn’t look like your everyday typical Republican to me.

… Broken down by age, children were most likely to be poor or low-income, about 57 percent, followed by older people, those over 65. By race and ethnicity, Hispanics topped the list at 73 percent, followed by blacks, Asians and non-Hispanic whites…

Persons Living in Households Receiving Selected Noncash Benefits: 2009
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0544.pdf

Black alone -              38,556,000
Asian alone -             14,005,000
Hispanic -                  48,811,000
White Non-Hispanic - 197,164,000

Social Security (OASDI)—Benefits by Type of Beneficiary: 1990 to 2010
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0544.pdf

"Safety net programs such as food stamps and tax credits kept poverty from rising even higher in 2010, but for many low-income families with work-related and medical expenses, they are considered too 'rich' to qualify," said Sheldon Danziger, a University of Michigan public policy professor who specializes in poverty.
"The reality is that prospects for the poor and the near poor are dismal," he said. "If Congress and the states make further cuts, we can expect the number of poor and low-income families to rise for the next several years."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-12-15/poor-census-low-income/51944034/1
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:34:15 PM by OlgaH »

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1055 on: September 18, 2012, 09:53:25 PM »
So how many new affordable apartments  developers should build?

or it would be better to convert the empty condos?

Do you know what you have to do to an unaffordable condo to make it affordable for low income? It's senseless to pay to remove the nice fixtures and install cheap fixtures and rent for less.

Again, no mention of average joe or jane.  The guy that sits on his money pays less taxes by letting others earn money for him.  Romney is a prime example.  A businessman that pays 15% taxes from investments rather than roughly double that for a small businessman dealing in brick, mortar and people operations. 

Business owners pay taxes on their own paychecks and again on their business. They are taxed in more ways than the average Joe. If you don't like a guy that pays only 15% taxes on investements, maybe it's smart to invest yourself. Investing helps the economy so it's a good thing government doesn't heavily tax and discourage people from doing so.

Maybe fuel efficiency was a factor? Maybe even a goal?  Obviously US car makers were not able to meet the demands of customers.

It's hard to debate if you don't talk facts. No cars were in demand so Obama gave incentives for people to buy cars but only small cars. Our tax money went to help foreign companies before our own. Bush gave incentives for business to buy trucks 3/4 ton and heavier to stimulate economy. US automakers dominate in that area of trucks. Probably because of trade treaties a President can't force people to buy only American but he can do things to encourage that. Team Obama doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to business.

The US solar panel market crashed from huge glut of panels produced in China and subsequent dumping.  This had a huge worldwide effect on prices causing many companies to fold.  The US got in the manufacturing game way too late and too little to compete.  That's business.. can't blame Obama and others for not trying though.

If you're smart enough to understand this, the President should understand this too. Yes we can blame Obama for throwing away hundreds of millions if not billions of stimulus dollars. Solar panels aren't new technology and China already makes them  and makes them cheaper. Team Obama doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to business.

As for Obama, folks have a good feel for his policies now whereas Romney is unable to present a concrete plan.  In fact he says he won't even have to do anything to boost things..  Yeah right.

People had a good feel for Obama's policies 4 years ago. I doubt this is the results they expected. So much for the feeling.

Increasing home ownership has been the goal of several presidents including Roosevelt, Reagan, Clinton and George W. Bush.[121]In 1996, HUD set a goal for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that at least 42% of the mortgages they purchase be issued to borrowers whose household income was below the median in their area. This target was increased to 50% in 2000 and 52% in 2005.[123]

I like how you put in bold Bush wanted to increase house ownership and in bold target ownership below median was increased during Bush's time. You purposely left out some things from Wikipedia.

Let me help you understand. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac has direct access to government money. 1996 they were encouraged to get more low income people in houses as I mentioned earlier. In your wikipedia article you purposely left out Bush called for an investigation on Fannie and Freddie but he was met with resistance for targeting organizations that help low income. The way you quoted wikipedia, you made it sound as if Bush, Fannie and Freddie was in bed together.

I bought a house in the Clinton era. Nobody checks income or even if the borrower has a job. My mom knew a mortgage broker and she told me the government relaxed the rules which made it easy for people to abuse the system. It made it easier for banks who got loans from the government to seld more houses, people who get commisions from sales pushed people to lie about income to get a house or into a better house than they can normally afford and the people who borrowed lied on applications to move up in the world.  Unethical behavior isn't reserved for corporations. It happens at all levels.

BC, you seem real concerned about unethical behavior at the corporate level but trust government. Happy with the government in Italy? Who's fault the country isn't running smooth there? Corruption in government or corruption in business?

The people who receive the disproportionate share of government spending are not big-government lovers. They are Republicans. They are senior citizens. They are white men with high school degrees. As Bill Galston of the Brookings Institution has noted, the people who have benefited from the entitlements explosion are middle-class workers, more so than the dependent poor.

You really believe the crap coming from the article that government is spending on the working class? Who does the government get their money from in the form of taxes? Who is spending on who?

Is social security, medicare or even unemployment equal to welfare and food stamps? Not by a long shot. For welfare and food stamp recipients the government spends on them.

The working class paid into medicare, unemployment insurance, and social security. When's the last time you looked at your pay stub, studied it and understood it? The government doesn't spend on the working class but it does hold their money to return in some fashion in the future. If a guy dies young or never applies for unemployment the government pockets his money.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #1056 on: September 18, 2012, 10:07:34 PM »

Do you know what you have to do to an unaffordable condo to make it affordable for low income? It's senseless to pay to remove the nice fixtures and install cheap fixtures and rent for less.

Ah, of course. It is better to keep millions of condos empty and spend more money on new affordable apartments.... made of what kind of cheep materials?  :D

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1057 on: September 18, 2012, 10:18:06 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-12-15/poor-census-low-income/51944034/1

Hhhhmmm not quite sure what your post was implying but I do hope at least you realized the source you used was the exact same source I initially referenced.   :-\

Actually BillyB, not sure how it's done up in WA, and I'm thinking it's likely the same as in CA as this is piloted by the Feds...but Section 8 for example doesn't make a distinction between a leeching scumbag from a normal renter in terms of what amenities a like unit contain.

The difference is the 'poor SOB' don't have to 'pay' the rent (or even mortgage ~ see below) anywhere close to what a typical hard-working individual do. Another distinct difference you'll likely notice is, the leech would likely be driving a BMW 500 series equipped with a 8-speaker, thumper special with master blaster sub-woofer, whereas that stupid paying individual would likely be driving an old model Toyota Corolla.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/housing_choice_voucher_program_section_8

Quote from: Wikipedia
Section 8 of the Housing Act of 1937 (42 U.S.C. § 1437f), often simply known as Section 8, as repeatedly amended, authorizes the payment of rental housing assistance to private landlords on behalf of approximately 3.1 million low-income households.  It operates through several programs, the largest of which, the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large portion of the rents and utilities of about 2.1 million households.  The US Department of Housing and Urban Development manages the Section 8 programs.[1]

The Housing Choice Voucher Program provides "tenant-based" rental assistance, so an assisted tenant can move with assistance from one unit of at least minimum housing quality to another. It also allows individuals to apply their monthly voucher towards the purchase of a home, with over $17 billion going towards such purchases each year (from ncsha.org analysis). The maximum allowed voucher is $2200 a month....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_%28housing%29

Let's all be Democrats!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:30:09 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #1058 on: September 18, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »
If you're smart enough to understand this, the President should understand this too. Yes we can blame Obama for throwing away hundreds of millions if not billions of stimulus dollars. Solar panels aren't new technology and China already makes them  and makes them cheaper. Team Obama doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to business.

BillyB, maybe Obama should turn the US into one of Asian countries where desperate workers forsed to work for pennies in unhuman conditions while the corporations run wild without any regulations and taxes polluting everything around  :D or we need to chose Romney he probably will do it faster  :D I bet Apple would not mind to have such Foxconn City in the States  :D and Nike could use the US children labor as well and everybody would be happy   ;D

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #1059 on: September 18, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »

Hhhhmmm not quite sure what your post was implying but I do hope at least you realized the source you used was the exact same source I initially referenced.   :-\

I just quoted about poverty, good article, though I could not find data for 2010 on the US census website, only for 2009 where number of non-hispanic white prevail http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/social_insurance_human_services.html 

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #1060 on: September 18, 2012, 10:31:07 PM »
Actually BillyB, not sure how it's done up in WA, and I'm thinking it's likely the same as in CA as this is piloted by the Feds...but Section 8 for example doesn't make a distinction between a leeching scumbag from a normal renter in terms of what amenities a like unit contain.

Just curious do you put disable people including children also in to the category of leeching scumbags?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1061 on: September 18, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »
Just curious do you put disable people including children also in to the category of leeching scumbags?

... the leech would likely be driving a BMW 500 series equipped with a 8-speaker, thumper special with master blaster sub-woofer,,,,,

:-\
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #1062 on: September 18, 2012, 10:59:21 PM »
My apology QQBluse for misunderstanding, it is just "leeches"became so popular label towards those who on some kind of social security and I did not notice you used the word second time... 

In 2010,one-third of American adults reported a disability. About one-quarter of adults 18–64 years of age reported a disability, compared with three-fifths of adults 65 years of age and over. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus11.pdf

5.2% of children with disabilities http://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/acsbr10-12.pdf

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1063 on: September 18, 2012, 11:00:16 PM »

Ah, of course. It is better to keep millions of condos empty and spend more money on new affordable apartments.... made of what kind of cheep materials?  :D

Have you ever rented? My mom rented multiple houses and she did rent to low income and poor through section 8. The government check for monthly rent was steady, but almost always except in one instance the house was trashed in the end. Low income people are usually irresponsible. Sometimes I'd go in and fix things and find the dog scratch the wood doors, or animal crap all over the place, or stains on the walls. If it isn't animal odor I'm smelling, it's decaying food or recent drug use.

Olga, you seemed very concerned the poor get their fair share in life. Don't have to wait for the government to do it. Try and help them and see how much they care about you.

True here too. If a home owner wants to rent out their nice house or condo to section 8, they can do it but won't get any more money for the same size unit that is not as nice. Renting out a nice place through section 8 has more risks since it could get trashed.

Another distinct difference you'll likely notice is, the leech would likely be driving a BMW 500 series whereas that stupid paying individual would be driving a Toyota Corolla.

Just did a low income town home project last year. Some of the employees noticed the tenents moving in on taxpayers dollars owned big screen tv's and drove BMWs, Mercedes, and Lexus.

How is this possible? Many poor who get free housing, medical and food, may have jobs. If they make over a certain amount, they lose their entitlements so the jobs they have pay cash under the table. Even corporate officers aren't as smart as them to dodge taxes on income 100%.  The way our government structured things, here's not much incentive for the poor to work legally and sustain themselves on their own.

If the government made everyone on welfare give back something such as work around the city cleaning the streets and cutting grass beautifying parks, I think many would magically get off welfare. Does anybody disagree those who are completely or partially dependent on government assistance should give back in some form?

Can't speak for GQ but everyone should be judged as an individual. Disabled and children aren't capable to function as a healthy adult. They have needs but they alone aren't capable of providing for their needs so others must do so.

They can be great people or can be a drag on society. Disabled people have special rights. A friend of mine is a dispacher for small buses that take disabled people anywhere in the county, even strip clubs, no questions asks or refusals. He told me of one disabled guy living in a city on one side of the county wants to have a daily Egg McMuffin at McDonalds in a city on the other side of the county. He also wants to have his Egg McMuffin early in the morning, so early the buses don't run yet so they have to hire him a taxi. $200 round trip. $1400 tax payer money a week for this guy to have 7 Egg McMuffins. Good value? This disabled guy does not care about the waste of tax payer money but it is his right since we can't discriminate against disabled people. Do you still have sympathy for this man Olga or would you label him a leech? Under certain conditions I can label a disabled person a leech and scumbag.

I dated a RW living in America who had strong opinions about the weak in society. She believes the weak should die and strong survive just as it happens in the animal kingdom, just as nature intended. She believes humans try too hard to help the weak and the genetically flawed and those group of people will breed more genetically flawed people who can't pull their own weight. Eventually the strong will have too much burden to take care of the weak, disabled and lazy and things will get ugly and a lot of people will die. Today humans feel their compassionate and morally superior to animals but that is only because they can afford to be. When it comes to survival and fighting over some food, the strong will survive and the weak will die as nature intented. There have been a few great societies in the past that self destructed.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #1064 on: September 18, 2012, 11:06:52 PM »
Olga, you seemed very concerned the poor get their fair share in life. Don't have to wait for the government to do it. Try and help them and see how much they care about you.

not at all about fair share, I'm more concerned about rising number of poor people, about "closed curve" for many of them.

Actually we do help as we can with food, money and clothes periodically as some other people in our area.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #1065 on: September 18, 2012, 11:29:58 PM »
A friend of mine is a dispacher for small buses that take disabled people anywhere in the county, even strip clubs, no questions asks or refusals. He told me of one disabled guy living in a city on one side of the county wants to have a daily Egg McMuffin at McDonalds in a city on the other side of the county.

Quick Answers to Common Questions about Social Security
http://www.nasi.org/research/2012/quick-answers-common-questions-about-social-security

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10029.html#a0=7
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:35:38 PM by OlgaH »

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1066 on: September 19, 2012, 01:32:35 AM »

Business owners pay taxes on their own paychecks and again on their business. They are taxed in more ways than the average Joe. If you don't like a guy that pays only 15% taxes on investements, maybe it's smart to invest yourself. Investing helps the economy so it's a good thing government doesn't heavily tax and discourage people from doing so.

Yeah, wish I could take income and then declare it as an investment.  Just skip the paycheck part all together.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/09/01/bain-capital-under-investigation-for-tax-avoidance-romney-denies-any-benefit/

It's hard to debate if you don't talk facts. No cars were in demand so Obama gave incentives for people to buy cars but only small cars. Our tax money went to help foreign companies before our own. Bush gave incentives for business to buy trucks 3/4 ton and heavier to stimulate economy. US automakers dominate in that area of trucks. Probably because of trade treaties a President can't force people to buy only American but he can do things to encourage that. Team Obama doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to business.

Read it any way you want.  Bottom line is that many of those that participated could not find or were not interested in replacement cars made in USA that qualified.  Why is that?  btw US manufacturers did get a little under half of the business which was close to their normal market share anyway.  The 'boost' was across the board so Obama's intent was fulfilled.  Hopefully it was a shot across the bow for US companies to think more about cars people do want to buy and can afford.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/18/business/la-fi-china-solar-dumping-20120518

More than 60 Chinese firms, includingSuntech Power Holdings Co., the world's largest solar panel maker, and Trina Solar Ltd., face a 31% duty on their exports to the U.S., retroactive to shipments made in February. All other Chinese exporters of solar cells will be hit with a tariff of 250%.

If you're smart enough to understand this, recognize that it is a world market and many firms across the planet got hurt when the dumping started, and something is being done about it.  Here also panels produced in EU are getting higher subsidies than those built in China.  Learn to see the big picture.

People had a good feel for Obama's policies 4 years ago. I doubt this is the results they expected. So much for the feeling.

Their sentiments will be shown at the polls.  That should settle your doubts.

I like how you put in bold Bush wanted to increase house ownership and in bold target ownership below median was increased during Bush's time. You purposely left out some things from Wikipedia.

Let me help you understand. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac has direct access to government money. 1996 they were encouraged to get more low income people in houses as I mentioned earlier. In your wikipedia article you purposely left out Bush called for an investigation on Fannie and Freddie but he was met with resistance for targeting organizations that help low income. The way you quoted wikipedia, you made it sound as if Bush, Fannie and Freddie was in bed together.

The bold emphasis was to bring to your attention that raising the percentage was in Bush's term so you can wag your finger accordingly and not just one party.  Other than that referring you to a decent compilation of events and environment that produced the crisis.

I bought a house in the Clinton era. Nobody checks income or even if the borrower has a job. My mom knew a mortgage broker and she told me the government relaxed the rules which made it easy for people to abuse the system. It made it easier for banks who got loans from the government to seld more houses, people who get commisions from sales pushed people to lie about income to get a house or into a better house than they can normally afford and the people who borrowed lied on applications to move up in the world.  Unethical behavior isn't reserved for corporations. It happens at all levels.

Were the changes in laws not a part of deregulation?.. letting the industry monitor and control itself?  Certainly the law did not tell lenders to act irresponsibly.

BC, you seem real concerned about unethical behavior at the corporate level but trust government. Happy with the government in Italy? Who's fault the country isn't running smooth there? Corruption in government or corruption in business?

Happy?.. well it is at least entertaining from time to time.  I don't have a vote at the national level so ain't a darned thing I can do about it.  The corruption is in both government and business, but the most negative effect is that of business and the shadow economy.  There is a real crackdown going on though to push things along in a more official way.

As far as EU governments go, Germany is probably the clearest system to work with.  There is little doubt there as to what is right and wrong along with effective enforcement to keep the playing field as level as possible which promotes fair competition.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #1067 on: September 19, 2012, 02:23:11 AM »

It is tweet, not twat, just thought I would let you know, just in case you are confused by the difference between the two.   :) 
Oh, I have no doubt their is disinformation on twitter, but also some truth.   

It is there, not their, just thought I would let you know, just in case you are confused by the difference between the two.   :) 

Also to label twitter with the republican rhetoric of mainstream media (we all know how the republicans think the mainstream media is out to get them), I find kind of hilarious.

label twitter? republican rhetoric? Out to get them? Is that an attempt to deflect? Geeze dude, a clock that's broken is still right twice a day, is that a clock you would use to keep time? It's comforting to know "a man like you" can find so much humor in the bombing of embassies and the killing of Americans while your President's handlers entertain you on twitter. More kool-aid?

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #1068 on: September 19, 2012, 03:32:10 AM »
Olga, are you asking about people on disability or the roughtly 1/3 or those who are disabled?

Offline oldernotwiser

« Reply #1069 on: September 19, 2012, 04:32:00 AM »
It is there, not their, just thought I would let you know, just in case you are confused by the difference between the two.   :) 

label twitter? republican rhetoric? Out to get them? Is that an attempt to deflect? Geeze dude, a clock that's broken is still right twice a day, is that a clock you would use to keep time? It's comforting to know "a man like you" can find so much humor in the bombing of embassies and the killing of Americans while your President's handlers entertain you on twitter. More kool-aid?

Listen, I will make this as clear as I can.  What I found some humor in, was the online roasting of the presidential candidate Mitt Romney on twitter, some tweets are not that funny, some people are just upset, feel Romney is showing his true colors.  You feel it is a story that is being over covered, many people find the story of interest, that is why it is trending on twitter.  I do not find the bombing of embassies funny at all, not sure how you made that stretch, guess you are out to insult me personally for some reason.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #1070 on: September 19, 2012, 05:07:19 AM »
Just a reminder:

As November nears, it is expected that the attention to this thread will increase.

Please refer to my previous post Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?

This thread has been allowed to exist as an exception and with conditions.

Please keep discourse civil and without insult.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:18:27 AM by Mod2 »

Offline Misha

« Reply #1071 on: September 19, 2012, 05:13:24 AM »
There are way too many people who can help themselves but don't have the ambition or desire and prefer to sit around drinking beer, getting high and living off those who do work.

Didn't the governor in Florida institute an expensive drug testing program with his his wife's company being hired to do the testing of people in the state receiving social assistance aka welfare and only 2% did not pass... If anything, the results indicated that they had were less likely to be sitting around getting high than the general population  ;)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1072 on: September 19, 2012, 07:17:35 AM »
...Just did a low income town home project last year. Some of the employees noticed the tenents moving in on taxpayers dollars owned big screen tv's and drove BMWs, Mercedes, and Lexus.

Did a few condos way back but in meeting with our insurance carrier we decided to bow out of that market. Too high a risk and with relatively lower rewards. Apartments are a different story..and high density buildings had 'boomed' since the foreclosure era began. Residential market is dead on the water for us at this time. That market used to generate 70% of our/everyone's annual revenue so you can imagine wiping that completely off the table how it impacts our industry down here.

I'm still a bit quizzed on the whole Section 8 silliness. Not quite sure how they determine the districts, percentages of unit delegations, etc...prior to purchasing our home, wifey and I lived inside a nice apartment complex where many would likely deem as a bit 'pricey'. I thought all things considered, amenities, proximity to her school and my work, accessibility, the quality of life, etc...that it was well-suited for us to live in for now. Then, our next door neighbor moved in...There would always be a couple of heavily-tattoed cholos, with no shirt, goatees sitting/squatting smoking cigarettes and talking loud all hours of the freakin' day.  Then if that's not enough, they'll pull in their juiced up cars and play their music loud enough walls vibrate every time the bass hit their beat. I've repeatedly asked these dudes to chill in addition to filing complaints to the admin and complex security...but that hardly stopped them. Section 8 special, man. I will admit there was one guy who seemed decent enough who looked as though he had a job, but the others....well..

There must've been at least 8-9 folks in that 2-BR apartment. The women are all overweight including the two girls.

Sure enough, less than 3 months later, cops - helicopters, etc...were all over that unit one early morning. One neighbor told me it was drug related but I didn't care, we were just glad they were out of there...there are many others.

You gotta know folks like these will be crowding the polls come November. I didn't realize the Housing voucher maxed out at $2,200.00/month ~ dang!

Go Obama! Wholly central dependents like those guys will soon make each of us just like Europeans! Expect the government for everything and demand less working hours. Yipee!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:28:18 AM by GQBlues »

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #1073 on: September 19, 2012, 07:33:05 AM »
There must've been at least 8-9 folks in that 2-BR apartment. The women are all overweight including the two girls.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-09-13/news/fl-high-hud-rentals-20120907_1_judith-aigen-white-neighbors-neighborhoods

More than 20 poor folks living in one nice "gated community" home (with a private pool of course).

Their nice taxpaying neighbors are loving it.  :rolleyes:

The neighbors can't seem to wait for more of the cockroaches poor folks to move in.  :welcome: 
Only in the GoodOl' USA!

GOB

Also:  http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-hudphot02,0,5887413.photo

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-09-13/news/fl-high-hud-rentals-20120907_1_judith-aigen-white-neighbors-neighborhoods/2
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:57:56 AM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #1074 on: September 19, 2012, 07:34:40 AM »

Listen, I will make this as clear as I can.  What I found some humor in, was the online roasting of the presidential candidate Mitt Romney on twitter, some tweets are not that funny, some people are just upset, feel Romney is showing his true colors.  You feel it is a story that is being over covered, many people find the story of interest, that is why it is trending on twitter.  I do not find the bombing of embassies funny at all, not sure how you made that stretch, guess you are out to insult me personally for some reason.

No, I feel it is a story not meant for news, just solely to soil the republican candidate that has no place at all in the current news cycle. We have Americans dying and embassies being fire bombed and defaced. We have a president with a propaganda machine generating tweets to twits to cover for his ineptitude in hopes of winning another election all else be dammed and lapdogs getting as much of it just as fast as they can. If you are perpetuating it, you are the problem. If you were insulted from my statement, the shoe must fit. More kool-aid?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541439
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1970
Total: 1978

+-Recent Posts

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Today at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Yesterday at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:21:59 AM