It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439636 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1350 on: March 25, 2020, 04:41:24 PM »
I think the hoarding is down to people overestimating what they need. 

I agree +80%

Every week on garbage day our neighbors garbage cans are overfilled
with whatever they consume each week. Apparently lots of packaged
stuff and takeout. (I haven't really looked) but in our home garbage
cans are all nearly empty (20% full or less except for the yard/green
stuff bin). We have a ton of weeds so we aren't composting our yard
clippings until we get them under control. It was 94F (34C) today we cut
our yard EVERY week to ten days.

I also think that a lot of people eat 3-5 meals per week or more in
restaurants or fast food places OR prepackaged/premade stuff. With
all the restaurant closures people have to cook for themselves. In my
house we eat 99% of our meals in the home or prepared from home.
Our grocery consumption is the same as it was before the outbreak.

With lines to get in the stores people are shopping once per week instead
of every 3-4 days. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get through the food store on
our last shopping trip. In our family we go 10-14 days between trips to the
food store. We learned that in the zoo that was the oil boom in North Dakota.

We shop during the weekday, with a shopping list. If we see an item we want
that isn't on the list then we have a confab to agree to add it to the cart. I saw
a 17 lb turkey in the frozen bin and Angel eyes agreed.

I think that there is some hoarding, but there are also a bunch of people
trying to figure out how to feed themselves at home. I will be surprised
if house fires don't increase during the outbreak (cooking accidents).

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 04:49:14 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1351 on: March 25, 2020, 04:42:54 PM »
Czech Republic hygienist reports their Chinese test kits have an error rate of up to 80%

http://www.irozhlas.cz/zpravy-domov/ostrava-rychlotesty-koronavirus_2003231414_sot

Is it possible nations are quarantining people who are not infected in with those who are infected and releasing infected people back into the population due to faulty tests? Me thinks we have a long way to go to find the perfect test kit.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1352 on: March 25, 2020, 04:48:55 PM »
Looking forward, what happens if/when we all get into a China situation of just the odd few cases left. I'm guessing we will have to keep the lockdown on until all those cases are eradicated, contacts traced and all sound out or are taken in for quarentining and then a wait period of probably a bit over a couple of weeks to be sure. That would suggest a lockdown that will drag on a little at the end.

Then there is the question of flights in & out and re-infection. If this thing is tackled in a few months then odds are most of the population would not have had it and so many potential people it could infect. No doubt thermal imaging & other measures would have to be used in airports, but the risk could still be very much there particularly if people are using transfer flights, then we could risk the whole ball rolling again. What are members thoughts here on an exit strategy out of all of this? I'm doubtful a time period of a few more months for the above to take place that a suitable medicine could be found and distributed to solve this problem.

In the UK here I think the economic damage will start to mount up now that we are in a mild lockdown but with many being out of work due to being in the wrong job in this crises.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #1353 on: March 25, 2020, 05:31:55 PM »
shopping attire in the late Trump Period of Woodlands, Texas

thick clear vinyl knee length rain coat
full face respirator, with home made virus filter
rubber gloves
rubber boots
suspenders to attach two 12 inch sushi knives with sheaths
two signs, one on my front, one on my back
that says....

“STAY THE F%CK AWAY FROM ME ASSH%LES”
"I am really, really strict about social distancing"

have already drawn my blades once...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 05:41:02 PM by krimster2 »

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #1354 on: March 25, 2020, 05:40:04 PM »
shopping attire in the late Trump Period of Woodlands, Texas

thick clear vinyl knee length rain coat
full face respirator, with home made virus filter
rubber gloves
rubber boots
suspenders to attach two sushi knives with sheaths
two signs, one on my front, one on my back
that says....

“STAY THE F%CK AWAY FROM ME ASSH%LES”
"I am really, really strict about social distancing"

have already drawn my blades once...

Here you go Krimmy...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/25/coronavirus-patients-do-not-resucitate/

Online krimster2

« Reply #1355 on: March 25, 2020, 05:57:15 PM »
nah, resurrection has no appeal fer me at all
I mean when I’m done with something, I’m REALLY done with it...

your world was really just a product of your own delusion
a fog that will soon blow away leaving only its ghost

like Jonestown, the Trump Cult was a suicide cult
and its Kool-Aid time folks...
stay working for America’s children and drink-up America...

y’all have no freakin idea how pleased Putin is with himself right now!
he is insufferable!!
it’s useless for anyone to try and get him to change his mind about anything now!

PS
I am serious, you rednecks have NO IDEA how vulnerable you and your family are with your flammable roof that's super easy for someone to set ablaze while you sleep
if the gangs are coming to your neighborhood, it's suicide if you stay in your house and try to fight them...
you have to fight them outside away from your family and house...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:03:50 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #1356 on: March 25, 2020, 06:34:19 PM »
There are a couple of Forum Ninnies that should just skip over the next
article.

US was more prepared for pandemic than any other country, Johns Hopkins study found

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-was-most-prepared-country-in-the-world-for-pandemics-johns-hopkins-study-found-in-2019

:deadhorse:

OMG..

Beel,

Doe this worthless bit of e-ink make YOU feel better ? .. REALLY ..?

You'd be better of waiting until a few months after this is all over...

THEN we'll judge the reality of  your  'patriotic drum beating ' ..

Compared to S.Korea and Singapore ... our respective nations .. ( Ireland. UK / US ) have not been stellar in tracking and tracing and therefore controlling the spread.

When the chips came down - it looks like ( despite having more time to prepare) our respective govts  / experts failed us ...in comparison

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:49:01 PM by msmob »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1357 on: March 25, 2020, 06:35:03 PM »
Why Did Hundreds Of CEOs Resign Just Before The World Started Going Absolutely Crazy?
March 24, 2020 by Michael Snyder

In the months prior to the most ferocious stock market crash in history and the eruption of the biggest public health crisis of our generation, we witnessed the biggest exodus of corporate CEOs that we have ever seen.  And as you will see below, corporate insiders also sold off billions of dollars worth of shares in their own companies just before the stock market imploded.  In life, timing can be everything, and sometimes people simply get lucky.  But it does seem odd that so many among the corporate elite would be so exceedingly “lucky” all at the same time.  In this article I am not claiming to know the motivations of any of these individuals, but I am pointing out certain patterns that I believe are worth investigating.

One financial publication is using the phrase “the great CEO exodus” to describe the phenomenon that we have been witnessing.  It all started last year when chief executives started resigning in numbers unlike anything that we have ever seen before.  The following was published by NBC News last NovemberChief executives are leaving in record numbers this year, with more than 1,332 stepping aside in the period from January through the end of October, according to new data released on Wednesday. While it’s not unusual to see CEOs fleeing in the middle of a recession, it is noteworthy to see such a rash of executive exits amid robust corporate earnings and record stock market highs.

Last month, 172 chief executives left their jobs, according to executive placement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas. It’s the highest monthly number on record, and the year-to-date total outpaces even the wave of executive exits during the financial crisis.
By the end of the year, an all-time record high

1,480 CEOs had left their posts.
But to most people it seemed like the good times were still rolling at the end of 2019.  Corporate profits were rising and the stock market was setting record high after record high.

Yes, there were lots of signs that the global economy was really slowing down, but most experts were not forecasting an imminent recession.

So why did so many chief executives suddenly decide that it was time to move on?
The following are just a few of the big name CEOs that chose to step down
in 2019
Dennis Muilenburg — Boeing
United Airlines — Oscar Munoz
Alphabet — Larry Page
Gap — Art Peck
McDonald’s — Steve Easterbrook
Wells Fargo — Tim Sloan
Under Armour — Kevin Plank
PG&E — Geisha Williams
Kraft Heinz — Bernardo Hees
HP — Dion Weisler
Bed, Bath & Beyond — Steven Temares
Warner Bros. — Kevin Tsujihara
Best Buy — Hubert Joly
New York Post — Jesse Angelo
Colgate-Palmolive — Ian Cook
MetLife — Steven Kandarian
eBay — Devin Wenig
Nike — Mark Parker

Of course the mass exodus of chief executives did not end there.
In fact, a whopping
219 CEOs stepped down during the month of January 2020 alone.
<ins><ins></ins></ins></ins>By then, it was starting to become clear that the coronavirus that was ripping through China could potentially become a major global pandemic, and I certainly can understand why many among the corporate elite would choose to abandon ship at that moment.
Some of these CEOs have made absolutely absurd salaries for many years, and it is much easier to take the money and run than it is to stick around and steer a major corporation through the most difficult global crisis that any of us have ever experienced.

The following are just a few of the well known CEOs
that have resigned so far in 2020

Bob Iger, CEO of Disney
Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM
Harley-Davidson CEO Matt Levatich
T-Mobile’s CEO John Legere
LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner
Mastercard CEO Ajay Banga
Keith Block, co-CEO of Salesforce
Tidjane Thiam, CEO of Credit Suisse
Hulu CEO Randy Freer

It is important for me to say that I do not have any special insight into the personal motivations of any of these individuals, and every situation is different.
But I do think that it is quite strange that we have seen such an unprecedented corporate exodus at such a critical moment in our history.
Meanwhile, top corporate executives were dumping billions of dollars worth of shares in their own companies just before the market completely cratered.  The following comes from
the Wall Street Journal

Top executives at U.S.-traded companies sold a total of roughly $9.2 billion in shares of their own companies between the start of February and the end of last week, a Wall Street Journal analysis shows.

The selling saved the executives—including many in the financial industry—potential losses totaling $1.9 billion, according to the analysis, as the S&P 500 stock index plunged about 30% from its peak on Feb. 19 through the close of trading March 20.
In the stock market, you only make money if you get out in time, and many among the corporate elite seem to have impeccable timing.
Perhaps they just got really lucky.  Or perhaps they were reading my articles and understood that COVID-19 was going to cause the global economy to shut down.  In any event, things worked out really well for those that were able to dump their stocks before it was too late.
And it turns out that several members of Congress
were also selling stocks just before the market went nuts…Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California and three of her Senate colleagues reported selling off stocks worth millions of dollars in the days before the coronavirus outbreak crashed the market, according to reports.

The data is listed on a U.S. Senate website containing financial disclosures from Senate members.
Of course most ordinary Americans were not so “lucky”, and the financial losses for the country as a whole have been absolutely staggering.

The good news is that there was a tremendous rally on Wall Street on Tuesday, and that will provide some temporary relief for investors.

But the number of confirmed coronavirus cases continues to escalate at an exponential rate all over the globe, and this crisis appears to be a long way from over.

About the Author: I am a voice crying out for change in a society that generally seems content to stay asleep. My name is Michael Snyder and I am the publisher of
The Economic Collapse Blog, End Of The American Dream and The Most Important News, and the articles that I publish on those sites are republished on dozens of other prominent websites all over the globe. I have written four books that are available on Amazon.com including The Beginning Of The End, Get Prepared Now, and Living A Life That Really Matters. (#CommissionsEarned) By purchasing those books you help to support my work. I always freely and happily allow others to republish my articles on their own websites, but due to government regulations I need those that republish my articles to include this “About the Author” section with each article. In order to comply with those government regulations, I need to tell you that the controversial opinions in this article are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of the websites where my work is republished. The material contained in this article is for general information purposes only, and readers should consult licensed professionals before making any legal, business, financial or health decisions. Those responding to this article by making comments are solely responsible for their viewpoints, and those viewpoints do not necessarily represent the viewpoints of Michael Snyder or the operators of the websites where my work is republished. I encourage you to follow me on social media on Facebook and Twitter, and any way that you can share these articles with others is a great help.  During these very challenging times, people will need hope more than ever before, and it is our goal to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with all many people as we possibly can.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:42:10 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1358 on: March 25, 2020, 06:35:40 PM »

Daily data is available here: http://github.com/pcm-dpc/COVID-19/tree/master/schede-riepilogative/regioni   Just click on the link at the left for each day and you get the graphic listing.  Attached today's listing with titles translated.  This is the raw data used for the graphic front end at http://opendatadpc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/b0c68bce2cce478eaac82fe38d4138b1   I did not go so far as to crunch numbers in excel or such.  If someone wants the raw .csv data it's available somwhere here http://github.com/pcm-dpc/COVID-19

I opened a couple of days, and to analyze trends will require much time.  I easily interpreted the green for recovery and red for death.  I suppose I was looking for the Executive Summary.  However, thanks.  Once again, your resourcefulness is impressive. 

I do believe folks realize the more instructions are followed, the faster we can dig ourselves out and get back to living. By now folks have settled into the 'new normal'.  The small signs of recent progress encourage folks to realize that it is working and there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I do feel the general sense of cooperation and calm and don't expect riots and such.  As unruly as the Italian mentality is, i.e. driving and parking, am quite surprised the lockdown is working so well, even patiently standing in line at the stores. OTOH it is quite scary Milan is not that far away...

Likely more and more will choose to live as you do, away from the maddening (and infected) crowd.

Some changes coming in the supply chain, both by businesses and government.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #1359 on: March 25, 2020, 06:43:21 PM »

The United States was ranked the best-prepared country in the world to handle
a pandemic in late 2019 by the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns
Hopkins Center for Health Security (JHCHS) -- an assessment seemingly at
odds with claims by Democrats that the Trump administration left the
country vulnerable to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.

I mentioned this a month ago.  The UK was a close second.  Italy ranked far down. 

Our score was still in the lower 80's, meaning we had room for improvement.  And that certainly was the case. 

Important to this is America's unparalleled resourcefulness, and we see that in the manner we overcame out testing shortcomings and now new shortfalls of supplies.

The real grade will come when the smoke clears, and IMO the US will not rank at the top.  Top 10 maybe.     

Online krimster2

« Reply #1360 on: March 25, 2020, 07:16:00 PM »
yoo-hoo, rednecks!!!!
hello, do you remember like a week or so ago, when Italy was 12 days ahead of us on the corona curve?
well guess what?
in two more days we'll be ahead of Italy
and in 4 days after that we'll be ahead of China

#1 Baby!!!!
Most Infected
Highest number of new infections
MAGA

guess what dumb phuques?
I am freakin changing my votes(yes!)
and instead of a democrat
I'm gonna vote for Trump
anything I can do to facilitate your mass suicide
even if it involves my own death
gets my votes

your ship is gonna go down HARD folks
VERY HARD
and the water is so c-o-l-d
life boats gonna disappear one by one
until there's nothing but the waves
comin in over the side

soon as you guys hit the cold water
your testicles are gonna rise up into
your abdominal cavity and hide there
like a scared little mouse

hahaha

PS

my daughters were going to launch a coup against me
and were trying to turn my wife against me
but their plan didn't work
I have engineered things so that they will both be leaving the bunker in June
I think in that time period, I will be able to get everyone to leave but my wife
and she will have absolutely no idea about what I do all day

I have begun a 1 room cabin deep in a hidden part of the forest behind my house
may take me a year to finish and will include a huge number of
traps all around it, 3 sided Punje sticks are the easiest
and I have a freaking whole forest of 40 ft tall bamboo to cut
that I can make a house or furniture out of
plus it has to be concealed, hardly visible

when law and order breaks down
I will put signs all around the forest
that any who enter
will die
and it's true

I learned this approach to "neighborhood management" from the commentary on Caesar's campaign on the Rhine by Tacitus
it seems well reasoned to me and worked well among the Teutonic Tribes

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 07:38:16 PM by krimster2 »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #1361 on: March 25, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »
I am freakin changing my votes(yes!)
and instead of a democrat I'm gonna vote for Trump
Good for you.  "A damnocrat"? Biden isn't on the ballot then? 
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #1362 on: March 25, 2020, 07:52:58 PM »
Yes, there were lots of signs that the global economy was really slowing down, but most experts were not forecasting an imminent recession.
The Fed Has Pumped $9 Trillion into Wall Street Over the Past Six Months, But Mnuchin Says “This Isn’t Like the Financial Crisis”
On this past Friday morning, in what appeared to be an effort to restore confidence on Wall Street, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin gave an interview on CNBC. Mnuchin said “there’s lots of liquidity” and “this isn’t like the financial crisis.” But savvy folks on Wall Street, and readers of Wall Street On Parade, clearly understand that there is not lots of liquidity and this is exactly like the financial crisis of 2008 in terms of mega Wall Street banks losing massive amounts of their common equity capital and being on a liquidity feeding tube inserted by the Federal Reserve.
http://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/03/the-fed-has-pumped-9-trillion-into-wall-street-over-the-past-six-months-but-mnuchin-says-this-isnt-like-the-financial-crisis/?fbclid=IwAR2-ogV_YqQVF9eAW5O5_zrIFmoL1sjrN3mHqwymv_1K3ZPJegeUPqcmrpw
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1363 on: March 25, 2020, 07:53:48 PM »
The real grade will come when the smoke clears, and IMO the US will not rank at the top.  Top 10 maybe.   

Who gets to judge? Some nations may have bragging rights deaths were low but to save their lives, they sacrificed their economy and unemployment, depression and suicides are high. They may not have enough funds available for the next outbreak. So far, Taiwan did an excellent job and probably be in the top 3 but if America fails, gets weak and China takes over Taiwan, Taiwan can't be on the list and brag about their solid performance.

Other factors include luck and how involved each nation was with China when it started. There wasn't much tourism and business between African nations and China. The virus in Africa got a late start and African nations had more time to see what is going on and prepare.

when law and order breaks down
I will put signs all around the forest
that any who enter
will die
and it's true

I got guns. I'm going to put up signs "Trespassers will be shot, Survivors will be shot again"

Last night an ex employee called me up. Over a year ago his kids played with the combination on his safe and it's permanently locked so he's been without his guns for a long time and he feels he may need them soon. I brought over a cut off saw and we cut the back of the safe open. He gave me a Sig Sauer P320 handgun which is the civilian version of the M17 pistol the military adopted in 2017 for it's sidearm. Value new is around $600. I'm eager to try it out. Anybody wanna come over and see it?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1364 on: March 25, 2020, 08:52:02 PM »
Who gets to judge? Some nations may have bragging rights deaths were low but to save their lives, they sacrificed their economy and unemployment, depression and suicides are high. 

I think this on the 'increased suicides' is overplayed.  I think what would really lead to more suicides is when family members get sick and die, the remaining family members are devastated and they may contemplate or execute suicide. 
part of me would love to sit around the house all day .   I've got a million projects to do, I could study another language, clean up, landscape, read more, message/talk to old friends, relax and eat like a king..  I think I could be perfectly ok with being on house arrest for a month if I had to be.  Instead I haven't missed a day of work which is always frenetic. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline msmob

« Reply #1365 on: March 25, 2020, 09:12:51 PM »
Who gets to judge? Some nations may have bragging rights deaths were low but to save their lives, they sacrificed their economy and unemployment, depression and suicides are high. They may not have enough funds available for the next outbreak. So far, Taiwan did an excellent job and probably be in the top 3 but if America fails, gets weak and China takes over Taiwan, Taiwan can't be on the list and brag about their solid performance.

Other factors include luck and how involved each nation was with China when it started. There wasn't much tourism and business between African nations and China. The virus in Africa got a late start and African nations had more time to see what is going on and prepare.

I got guns. I'm going to put up signs "Trespassers will be shot, Survivors will be shot again"

Last night an ex employee called me up. Over a year ago his kids played with the combination on his safe and it's permanently locked so he's been without his guns for a long time and he feels he may need them soon. I brought over a cut off saw and we cut the back of the safe open. He gave me a Sig Sauer P320 handgun which is the civilian version of the M17 pistol the military adopted in 2017 for it's sidearm. Value new is around $600. I'm eager to try it out. Anybody wanna come over and see it?

JUST the sort of post that makes me glad we don't have a gun culture..I'm sure you checked to make sure he had another safe in which to put the guns ..

Does BillyB not think ... "Why would Americans need guns at this time ?"

Is he suggesting citizens will be stealing from each other ... There'll be a need to defend one's property ?

Does he think the Chinese will take the opportunity and 'invade' ?

Hardly a great indictment , surely ?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1366 on: March 25, 2020, 09:28:19 PM »

Does BillyB not think ... "Why would Americans need guns at this time ?"

Is he suggesting citizens will be stealing from each other ... There'll be a need to defend one's property ?

Hardly a great indictment , surely ?

Us having guns is what makes us so 'exceptional'!  Us also having the largest prison population also makes us exceptional.

It is best to own a gun in many parts of the USA to deter crime....or to commit it. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online krimster2

« Reply #1367 on: March 25, 2020, 09:52:00 PM »
tonight I ran through the forest again
and counted each step...
I divide the steps into groups
and I am going to spend every night the entire summer running through the forest and memorizing the trees and bushes that I see in night vision scope green as I run...
until each step is in my memory
and this is only the first part...

then I am going to start building traps all through the forest
only I will know their location
they will not be on the path I have memorized
but anyone pursuing me would be at risk...
or anyone trespassing

tonight, I did not run with a gun, but with a Paul Chen short Katana
strapped across my shoulders, still same black socks/shorts/shoes/hat
and head mounted night vision

I think after a week of running like this, I can start to add some weights
until I get to 10 pounds and can still more or less make the same time
across the forest

running on loosely packed soil like this is surprisingly "low impact"
and not at all like running on pavement

there will probably be more brush growing in the near future on my path and I will have to start trimming parts
so I don't snag or make noise at night hitting branches, etc
that's a day time task, fo sure

some parts of the ground are soft and wet and I study this ground up close with my IR illuminator to see if there are prints
usually nothing more than a couple of racoons heading towards the pond...

tonight was completely uneventful in my trip
and when I returned to the Reichstag
and went down into the bunker
all were asleep, even Eva

I bought this t-shirt making thing for one of my daughters years and years ago that lets you laser print t-shirts

so, I was thinking about making some of my very own!

which t-shirt design do you think is a better choice for me to wear to help me overcome my complex about wearing a facial mask and latex gloves and haz-mat suit among complete strangers without feeling, well a bit silly...

Please maintain a safe distance
I am a care giver in a Pediatric ward

Please maintain a safe distance
I am high on crack, and I have a 357 magnum

which one screams “stay 6 feet away from this dewd!”
besides the brace of 12“ sushi knives strapped on my suspenders

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:16:08 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1368 on: March 25, 2020, 11:52:03 PM »
Us having guns is what makes us so 'exceptional'!

Fathertime!

This is what makes me so exceptional!

Offline msmob

« Reply #1369 on: March 26, 2020, 12:21:59 AM »
Certainly not by wearing a mask

But..

Could it be BillyB was right all along ? ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-52015486

"Firstly, there is some emerging evidence that there are more "silent carriers", or healthy people with the virus who show little or no symptoms, than experts initially thought.

In China, it is estimated that a third of all positive cases show no symptoms, according to classified Chinese government data seen by the South China Morning Post."

The best cure, whatever, is to STAY AT HOME - not to interact with friends and family who aren't already with you ...

Offline BC

« Reply #1370 on: March 26, 2020, 03:52:04 AM »

I opened a couple of days, and to analyze trends will require much time.

As far as hospitalizations and numbers in intensive care in US go, I can't find any statistics : /   so would be extremely difficult to compare.
Likely more and more will choose to live as you do, away from the maddening (and infected) crowd.

Can't say I regret living a bit off the beaten path for the last 20 years or so. Working from home has up and downsides though. Being able to take a nap after lunch and working in a swimsuit with a quick dip in the pool now and again is nice :)

Some changes coming in the supply chain, both by businesses and government.   

I just hope that businesses don't use this as an excuse to start those folks now out of work at the bottom again, having to work their way up the ladder when rehired elsewhere.  I noted this in the last crash with many taking wage cuts to get back to work.  In addition workload for those that remained increased, albeit in the end increasing productivity and efficiencies.  Downside it was harder to to get to those higher paying jobs, thus slow wage growth.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:59:57 AM by BC »

Offline BC

« Reply #1371 on: March 26, 2020, 04:03:47 AM »

Indeed, the proof is in the pudding.

I hope all countries learn a lot from this experience and from each other.  It is the only way we can help mitigate the 'next time', which may involve a more dangerous virus.  We have been very lucky so far with this one that seems fairly stable as far as mutations are concerned.

The US is now number 1 in the world for active cases.  Sometime next week I expect active cases in NY alone will exceed total active cases in Italy which are still rising but slowing noticeably.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:28:31 AM by BC »

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1372 on: March 26, 2020, 04:44:24 AM »

Flattening the curve one blues at a time.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:49:43 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1373 on: March 26, 2020, 05:30:24 AM »
Indeed, the proof is in the pudding.

I hope all countries learn a lot from this experience and from each other.  It is the only way we can help mitigate the 'next time', which may involve a more dangerous virus.  We have been very lucky so far with this one that seems fairly stable as far as mutations are concerned.

Amen

The US is now number 1 in the world for active cases.  Sometime next week I expect active cases in NY alone will exceed total active cases in Italy which are still rising but slowing noticeably.
I don't really see active cases as a marker to be concerned about. This is a given though considering the US was so much slower to become infected on a mass scale. It was expected, no? NY is definitely a hot spot but that's no surprise either given the close quarters, subway transit system and international population. It's very likely to end up on the scale of Italy

Offline msmob

« Reply #1374 on: March 26, 2020, 05:55:50 AM »

It's not really project fear.  Don't you believe that the curve has been flattened with measures to isolate and keep distances?

The purpose of flattening the curve is so that hospitals are not overwhelmed by cases, thereby having to choose who lives and who dies, as allegedly occurred in Italy. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.

OMG, when you quoted CB, I could see his grasp of reality hasn't improved ...

He's probably still goin' the some Pub that does illegal 'lock ins' and thinks that's cool .... that this isn't going to change his life ..

ANYWAY ..  I feel sorry for folks trapped in nations that have closed their borders and they become outcasts ..

SC made it home overnight - no quarantine or stay at home requested  - as she'd been in Thailand for over 30 days

At midnight, Moscow time, all flights  - scheduled and charters will be refused entry to RU airspace - so only repatriation flights from now on

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541005
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1880
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM